LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 - #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good luck! KATC has changed their info....I am so glad I wasn't the only one who saw it! I feel terrible for bringing mis-information here.

Thank you! I can't find it!!! I 'm sorry for the misinformation!! The article I read didn't spell out ICE they had the whole name written, and it wasn't just BIA that had it. I'm also glad somoen else saw what I was talking about alos!!

It is a bit odd that ICE was requested; Lafayette is nine hours from the nearest border.

Quick OT question Woofy - what is our tag limit? I didn't know we had a limit LOL and I'm constantly tagging every thread I read. Now I'm worried about running out of tags... :)
Sorry, missed this one! Good question. The thread starter gets 30. Posters get 20.

I hung up TONS of flyers near the Mexican night club on Cameron on Monday. I hear stories about that place and things that go on after hours arond there.

There's a pretty large population of illegals in Lafayette.

I agree though I have no statistics or proof that this is true. Just from my own personal knowledge. For the most part they hard workers who are just trying to work and send money back to their families.

Gosh, some of the stuff posted on facebook makes me what the do the :facepalm: move. I know people are trying to be helpful, but some clearly don't think before they type.

Yes, I saw where someone said her body was found behind the post office on Moss Street. :/

I sure would like to know if there's a police presence at St. Louis/St. Landry right now. Or a city worker.

I passed by there earlier on my way from lunch--there were several people looking at the older parking garage on St. Louis/St. Landry and the coulee nearby, and as we were approaching Blackham on St. Landry, there were several police cars and a K-9 unit going in that direction.

Hard to believe we have been following this case a week.....a week with no Mickey.

Seems awfully quiet around here - :please: Whatever is happening right now, I hope MS's family gets some answers. Of course I pray for MS's safe return along with everyone else.

Question, which way was MS going to go when she was stopped across from the Circle K - right, straight or left? ty.

Now WHY would LE cancel an already-scheduled press conference for "lack of new information"??? Why schedule one to begin with? In hopes something would develop by airing time?

Is it possible they have a break in the case and need to pursue that instead of holding the presser? Or would they get someone to speak at the presser while the investigation continues?

Befuddled.

I know, LE even said in yesterday's conference that he highly doubted they'd have one today...then one was announced, then canceled. Strange indeed.

I passed by there earlier on my way from lunch--there were several people looking at the older parking garage on St. Louis/St. Landry and the coulee nearby, and as we were approaching Blackham on St. Landry, there were several police cars and a K-9 unit going in that direction.

Yeah I was just there and there are people looking around at St. Louis/St. Landry but no police cars that I could see. There was a car that looked like a golf cart (no doors) that was going round and round over there. Don't know if it's volunteers with the search groups. There was a man on the roof of the garage earlier today.

Earlier today around 10am there was a police car near Backham, but not more than one and no K-9. Wonder if they are finding anything. Yesterday evening near Backham there was a car with a boat on top, which I think I had also seen near the search center on St. Mary.

I hope to god they don't find her deceased. With this summer heat though, the smell of decomp would be starting soon.

One thing I'd like to mention again. It's been brought up by a couple of people...

The truck in the picture appears to have a nonstandard gas tank door, it's definitely not white like is standard on trucks like that. It may be chrome or a dark color and it could possibly help ID that specific truck.

You can see it here, the gas tank door is located just in front of the back wheel, it's the dark spot there:

533401_10150946280286969_61662826968_9696871_1682134408_n-630x442.jpg
Did Charlie not say that this is not the SPECIFIC truck they are looking for or did I totally misunderstand?

Yeah I was just there and there are people looking around at St. Louis/St. Landry but no police cars that I could see. There was a car that looked like a golf cart (no doors) that was going round and round over there. Don't know if it's volunteers with the search groups. There was a man on the roof of the garage earlier today.

Earlier today around 10am there was a police car near Backham, but not more than one and no K-9. Wonder if they are finding anything. Yesterday evening near Backham there was a car with a boat on top, which I think I had also seen near the search center on St. Mary.

I almost turned around to see where they were going with the K-9 unit, but decided not to...sort of wish I did, now. The K-9 had a police car with a small trailer on the back, with the painted K-9 unit info on it. If they weren't going there, I wonder where they were going.

Purely speculation, but maybe they want to finish checking out the leads such as the gutter smell and whatnot before doing a press conference? The only new info since yesterday's is the truck, but you'd think they'd want to 'officially' make a statement on that....unless they have a promising lead they want to check out before issuing their statements?

I hope to god they don't find her deceased. With this summer heat though, the smell of decomp would be starting soon.

I graduated from UL in Criminal Justice, and during several different classes in policing and forensics, it was mentioned that in this area, decomp would start very soon, I'd find it hard to believe you wouldn't have the smell until a week after the fact. With the humidity and temps where they are, it would only be a few days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member