NY-Long Island-4 bodies on Beach-Possible Serial Killer-Dec 2010 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
what about an older toyota 4runner from 89' or prior? they had a roll bar and hard top (which you could take off to make a convertible; driver & passenger seats would still be under a roof)
not to mention window similiarity from what i can see anyway..
how old is the pic?

The screen shot was snapped in dec when the case first broke. I dont how old bings images are or if they have changed since Dec.
I think it looks to long for a 4 runner. It has chopy roof features it looks ,I tryed matching it with RVs.No luck. I think caruff 83,000 ford is about how long it would be, the roof thing looks like the old 80 style vents and what not. It is interesting.

I know this is going to sound crazy, but I dont get channels on my tv. Does anyone know how I can watch the Nancy Grace show on the internet? Live, or not. I missed the first one too and couldn't find it on the internet. Please, if anyone knows, let me know. Thanks.

And, the body not being Shannan's makes me wonder who it could be and how many more are there. There are so many missing persons and some that aren't even listed.
There is a chance it can be that missing woman, Lozada.
But there are so many missing women, including Lutricia Steele, who worked as a stripper. And she's been missing since May 1, 2008, exactly 2 years before Shannan went missing.

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/s/steele_lutricia.html

Is it true there was no skull?
And svpernin, sorry to keep addressing you, I just know you are familiar with the area...How far down is the crime scene from JB's house? about... half a mile? a mile? 5 miles? 10? Im watching news videos and Im seeing different maps with locations of the bodies. On one map, the bodies weren't even in a row. One was behind the other. I'm getting so confused.

definitely try to youtube it, it might not be up right away, or someone could have taped ng & already put it up. also, you should be able to find a transcript of her show as well i believe.

thank you for bringing up lutricia steele, i hadn't heard of her. here's her link on the charleyproject

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/s/steele_lutricia.html

here's a map that shows the bodies in a row, if you go down the page on the left hand side right underneath "news 12 long island" is a small square map with 5 markers. from the appearance of the markers, they seem to be "in a row" aside from the 5th one.

http://www.newsday.com/long-island/suffolk/missing-woman-s-family-still-hopeful-1.2794004

The screen shot was snapped in dec when the case first broke. I dont how old bings images are or if they have changed since Dec.
I think it looks to long for a 4 runner. It has chopy roof features it looks ,I tryed matching it with RVs.No luck. I think caruff 83,000 ford is about how long it would be, the roof thing looks like the old 80 style vents and what not. It is interesting.

thank you for the year =)
the older 4runners were more rectangular than the new ones which are more rounded.
i guess it's possible it's a work vehicle of a sort..? it's really hard to make out.

here's a link to an old 4runner (years before 89')
http://www.toyota-4runner.org/attac...ner-turbo-manual-tranny-thats-right-side2.jpg

Good Morning waltzingmatilda:eek:nline:

been up since 3:30 :silly:

I got reply back from examiner and they are go to look into and I hope make McCabe check her facts about Shannan.

Terri,

Can you please send details on the Virginia McCabe article you posted on the Examiner.com Facebook wall to pr@examiner.com so we can look into your comment?

Thank you,
Debra Pryor
Social Media Manager
Examiner.com

I had the details on face book to Examiner so I sent her links to some MSM :waitasec:

I just finished reading the NG transcript and WOW! There were alot of theories discussed that we've discussed right here! I swear I think NG's peeps read WS!!!

The one LI reporter who was at the scene did the burlap sack experiment that we had discussed and stated that she could easily fit in it. I guess that gets me off the hook on that lil experiment, lol!

It was stated that all but one of the bodies found in DEC. were found in burlap. I guess that clears that up because NG is always right. Right? (just kidding).

Thanks for the update on the examiner email, tfrohning. Please keep us updated.

wm

BTW, I couldn't sleep last night either and woke up at 4 am! (yawn) I think I 'll be taking a nap today:)

I just finished reading the NG transcript and WOW! There were alot of theories discussed that we've discussed right here! I swear I think NG's peeps read WS!!!

The one LI reporter who was at the scene did the burlap sack experiment that we had discussed and stated that she could easily fit in it. I guess that gets me off the hook on that lil experiment, lol!

It was stated that all but one of the bodies found in DEC. were found in burlap. I guess that clears that up because NG is always right. Right? (just kidding).

wm

BTW, I couldn't sleep last night either and woke up at 4 am! (yawn) I think I 'll be taking a nap today:)

I miss NG last night but yea WOW. I need a nap before Frye trial today:crazy:

:eek:fftobed: for a little bit :crazy:

my guess was that he was using mile markers to remember where he put each girl.

possibly the killer has just merely stuck to what works for him. he's dumped one of his first victims in the area, didn't get caught, and just decided to stick with what has worked for him and not deviate. we find a 5th victims 1/2 mile away from the others... which makes me think that either there will be more victims, or something that night made him not line up a 5th...

I agree with this. He put one there, no scares or close calls and she wasn't found. So the next time, he went back. He could have been using the mile markers so he didn't put them too close together, thinking they wouldn't find but one. Also - could he have been using a GPS to place them and writing down his coordinates each time so they would be spaced apart.

Have any media outlets reported condition of remains or gender yet? Going nuts trying to find this to no avail.

I just can't imagine this being a man's remains. That would really be a surprise.

OH I really do think NG and Co read here!

I know ,I have watched before and been in complete shock when she spits out something I saw posted a week or two before she put it on TV.

wm

WM, I was totally thinking of you during that burlap part with the reporter. Looks like we got our answer there. With everything they were saying on NG about ID'ing male vs female remains, I'm surprised they haven't given the gender yet. Maybe today? I think we all know what the results are going to be though.

I don't know for sure but there are very Signs on Ocean Pkwy. You can go to Google Maps and Travel the Road- go straight East, West, 360 Degrees. Someone who has been on it lately would know for sure. I know landmarks are something else. But at Night it's dark.

I'm trying to paste a real image of the Map the lets you Travel it, it's a pain in the behind to do.

[ame="http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&q=Ocean+Pkwy,+New+York&aq=&sll=37.230328,-95.712891&sspn=32.690609,61.699219&ie=UTF8&geocode=FfbIawIdWhCg-w&split=0&hq=&hnear=Ocean+Pkwy,+New+York&t=h&ll=40.62751,-73.366082&spn=0,0.001195&z=20&layer=c&cbll=40.62751,-73.366082&panoid=GCQwz2hn1xdN8z8fFCAl1g&cbp=12,79.46,,0,14.56"]Ocean Pkwy, New York - Google Maps[/ame]

thank you for the year =)
the older 4runners were more rectangular than the new ones which are more rounded.
i guess it's possible it's a work vehicle of a sort..? it's really hard to make out.

here's a link to an old 4runner (years before 89')
http://www.toyota-4runner.org/attac...ner-turbo-manual-tranny-thats-right-side2.jpg

There's quite a resemblance but I don't think it's long enough. If it had windows, I would think it was an airport limo based on the stretch Hummer.

The front part looks almost like a WWII-vintage Jeep or Power Wagon. I know a lot of those are still on the road, and commonly used for jobs like shuttling people around resort towns in areas where they need 4WD, so it's not impossible, but the back doesn't match. But that could have been added custom later, as well.

The odd angle is throwing me off. There aren't many photos of vehicles taken from the side and above like that.

eta: wait, is that an armored car? Like the Wells Fargo/Brinks vehicles that go around servicing ATMS?

I just can't imagine this being a man's remains. That would really be a surprise.

There seem to be enough differences from the other four that it wouldn't surprise me a whole lot to find out it's not related to the others. That looks like a very good stretch of road to dump a body on. And if it's not related, then there's no reason it couldn't be a man.

There seem to be enough differences from the other four that it wouldn't surprise me a whole lot to find out it's not related to the others. That looks like a very good stretch of road to dump a body on. And if it's not related, then there's no reason it couldn't be a man.

I definitely see what you're saying, carbuff, but a mile away... I'm pretty sure that's no coincidence. I'd like to believe LI hasn't gotten so bad that killers are all but running into each other while dumping bodies.

I also think it would be quite odd to find another body in the area which is unrelated to the other 4 bodies. Although, stranger things have happened, I guess.

I hope we hear some news today and don't have to wait thru the weekend.

wm

I believe that Shannan is still out there but better hidden because of the commotion that ensued the night she went missing. The one positive here is that as long as Shannan's still missing, they will continue to search and hopefully find evidence to solve this case or (not hopefully) maybe even uncover more victims and provide closure to more families with missing loved ones. I don't think there's any way that this is over or that Shannan's disappearance is unrelated. Just my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truecrime-hazeleyes