Legal Arguments - What went on behind Closed Doors?

Wtf.

Omg.
okay.. so now all this talk about Tori having to use the restroom and the defense talking about her being attacked when she used the restroom really makes my hair stand on end about his google of "peeing"

omg..

I don't think we will ever know what happened to Tori that day...

OMG WHAT A SICK &^*%! I always wondered why nothing was released about his laptop; now I know and I feel absolutely sick. I am so disgusted and this is very telling of whose idea it was to abduct Tori. WTH? Why was this held back from the jurors? It's who MR is and very telling of his mind frame. OMG! MOO

and derstine tried to say tlm was the engine behind it all; even though he knew what the evidence was that was being withheld from the jury.....ewwwwwwww. MOO

Mr. Rafferty actually had one of his reluctant partners sign a waiver, giving him consent to choke her. “I agree to what Mike and I are doing tonight, sexual choking and passing out and other things,” it read.

The sexual choking had some real significance given Ms. McClintic’s evidence — in her first version of the killing, when she claimed it was Mr. Rafferty who did it — that she had heard a “gurgling” sound coming from Tori in the moments before her death.

She interpreted that to mean the little girl was being choked, a practice with which she was not unfamiliar.

http://fullcomment.nationalpost.com/2012/05/10/tori-stafford-michael-rafferty-evidence/

okay.. so now all this talk about Tori having to use the restroom and the defense talking about her being attacked when she used the restroom really makes my hair stand on end about his google of "peeing"

omg..

I don't think we will ever know what happened to Tori that day...

My thoughts exactly.

Hair standing on end about the peeing.

Tori peeing was part of the crime too. No wonder it didn't make sense. I could vomit.

If he gets off because of this I think we need to fight for a new law on issues involving this type of crap involving our children.

They had a warrant to search his vehicle, so had a right to his laptop. I get that they need a second warrant to search the electronic devices but it doesn't make sense. Did they need a second warrant to open up his gym bag??!!

Regardless of the verdict we need to write to our MPs about this.

After hearing MR's interrogation (amongst other evidence but hearing him speak) I have to say he is a pure psychopath to the 100th degree and a pathological liar

what a game he played with the detectives in the interrogation video, wow when u hear him speak you can see the pathology in his words and demeaner. Imagine what a frustrating character he would have been at home...the lies and in school...it must have been a nightmare having him in their schools as a kid as this doesn't just appear over night. It is like he is from another planet. MOO

IMO his mother is lucky to be rid of him. What a nightmare. MOO This is the only way she would ever have been rid of that albatross. MOO

Rafferty had his victim sign a consent note to things she did not want to do.

There are no words.

Carnegie also noted the ``significant'' amount of cautions the Crown placed on the long string of former girlfriends who were called to testify, suggesting they had a lot of bad character evidence about Rafferty.

``The amount of restraint the Crown has exercised with respect to these former partners of Mr. Rafferty has been nothing short of herculean,'' Carnegie said.

``This is a case that has had character landmines all over it and we have been very delicate in how we have been trying to deal with those.''

Some of the girlfriends, Carnegie said, have ``interesting and perhaps disconcerting things to say and conclusions drawn from various behaviours of Mr. Rafferty about his behaviours towards their children.'' He did not elaborate.

However, the Crown documents say the investigation ``revealed a considerable history of alleged but previously unreported sexual violence that, if believed, demonstrates a rather significant escalation in violence over the few years and months preceding this matter."

The investigation uncovered 13 women who reported that Rafferty had a penchant for sexual choking - some of which they said was not consensual.

Investigators said they were told Rafferty had one woman who was reluctant to participate in his sexual violence sign a consent note, saying she agreed ``to what Mike and I are doing tonight sexual choking and passing out and other things.''

http://www.am980.ca/channels/news/local/Story.aspx?ID=1702061

would have been good for the jurors to know this about the rip off:

Many interviewed, including the dealer himself, told how Goris was involved in a deal that shortchanged the dealer $600 for some Oxycontins.

The dealer dismissed any suggestion he'd take a child for any debt, never mind one so small. If he felt that strongly about it, the dealer told police, he'd simply take a baseball bat to the offending party.

Friends interviewed by police described McDonald as too calm considering the circumstances, or in some cases, distracted by other matters. Some questioned why they were raising money for a trust fund.

Exactly what I said. They would have took JG out to the back forty and fixed him good, not target a child.

I thought I couldn't watch either, but in the first minute MTR is blubbering because he hasn't eaten since noon. Made me smile a little bit.

This video is easier to watch than reading the newest online articles.

he was tired and hungry...poor baby...shoulda ripped that little yellow blanket off him and stop giving him timmies! MOO

will he be now charged with the rape and drugging of the other girl? and also the destroying of evidence etc etc etc..... MOO

Exactly what I said. They would have took JG out to the back forty and fixed him good, not target a child.

well you were right with this case.

I hope the jurors think that way, however a child has been targeted in at least 1 other case I know of, and another it's possible as well but motive has not been disclosed.

Retired FBI profiler Van Zandt (sp) has spoken about children being taken for drug debts, he said the majority of child abductions by non family members is by drug cartels. JMO

Even his Mother will be running for the hills with this garbage. She will be shocked, I am sure. Not like it wasn't bad enough with what we seen at trial.

Im guessing she won't be making that statement to the media like she said she would. JMO

JMO But Derstine is a . Who would try and fight for this man. I don't give a rats *advertiser censored* if that is his job. How does he live with himself? Every defence lawyer should have turned this sick SOB down! I am so freaking mad.

well you were right with this case.

I hope the jurors think that way, however a child has been targeted in at least 1 other case I know of, and another it's possible as well but motive has not been disclosed.

Retired FBI profiler Van Zandt (sp) has spoken about children being taken for drug debts, he said the majority of child abductions by non family members is by drug cartels. JMO

I think it is very rare in Canada JMO. Perhaps different in the States, closer to the Mexican border? JMO

JMO But Derstine is a . Who would try and fight for this man. I don't give a rats *advertiser censored* if that is his job. How does he live with himself? Every defence lawyer should have turned this sick SOB down! I am so freaking mad.

he said TLM was the engine. BS! Nice one Derstine. MOO

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbi708