Found Deceased MI - Venus Stewart, 32, Colon, 28 April 2010 - # 4 *D. Stewart guilty*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone know any of the back-story on how this young family ended up in Virginia, and why they moved there after he had filed for divorce and multiple restraining orders against her?

Did they hear that "Virginia is for lovers" and figured what the heck?

More specifically, did one or the other have some ties to that part of the country?

Apparently he's ex-military and there are a lot of military people in that part of the country, maybe some of his buddies from the marines were down there?

Or was it just where his company had another location?

thanks.

I think it would be sufficient to have the tarp (wrapper) match up with what's on the WalMart receipt to tie the purchases into Venus' abduction. And whoever purchased those items would be on store surveillance. :) MOO

I was assuming the wrapper is just a clear wrapper without any information on it such as tarp size, color, manufacturer, ply, barcode, etc. to link it to the receipt. Most tarps I've purchased have a cardboard insert with the information about the tarp on it.

So, if there aren't any fingerprints that match those of the clerk who rang up the sale, defense could claim the tarp cover blew out of the back of the garbage truck as it was making it rounds, etc.

If indeed this tarp cover was the wrapper of the tarp purchased along with the shovel, hat and gloves, it will have the fingerprints of the clerk on it unless whomever handled it after the purchase wiped all the fingerprints off.

For all we know, the person who made the purchase at Walmart was wearing a disguise or their face cannot be seen.

Let's all hope there are fingerprints on that wrapper that will bust Doug. There is no way he would be able to explain why a tarp wrapper with his fingerprints on it ended up near the abduction site while claiming he was 14 hours away in Virginia!

If he was a single male living alone, how the heck do his friends know where he's at that early in the morning?

To establish an alibi it wouldn't need to be witnesses at the time of the event, it could have been much later due to the geographic distance. That creates a very wide window where your presence could be witnessed such that it would have been physically impossible for you to have been at the scene.

Yeah, that's what I'm wondering: what times can Doug be positively placed in Virginia (hence my wildcat query about the possibility of him having flown back to Virgina from Battle Creek/K-zoo or even Ft Wayne).

If by that morning, the friends mean 11:30 am, hmm...
I'm very curious also when the alibi witnesses saw him in Newport News. If he'd flown back home, however, how would he have gotten to MI, and the house, without leaving a trail? Then there's that WalMart receipt from 4/25 in Ohio! MOO

WAKESHMA TOWNSHIP — Alicia Walbridge said she wasn’t surprised to be out on a roadside looking for the body of Venus Stewart.

“She used to tell us, ‘If I come up missing, Doug’s killed me,’” Walbridge said as she walked along 44th Street with several other friends of Venus, hoping to find the missing woman.

Walbridge is a former co-worker of Venus, and was one of about 130 volunteers who turned out yesterday to join in a search conducted by Denny Olson, a Vicksburg man who’s organized similar efforts.

snip/

“She was a very nice lady, she loved her girls, they were her top priority,” said Stephanie Thomas of Portage, who had worked with Venus in 2007 at National City Bank along with Walbridge. Walking beside Thomas was Heather Honda of Paw Paw.

“Me and my mom knew Venus, she used to baby-sit me when I was little,” Honda said.

Rob Stroup of Sturgis came out because Therese McComb, Venus’s mother, is a friend. His wife Pam was also there to help, and she went to school with Therese in Bronson.

Kelli Poortenga of Colon didn’t hesitate when at an opportunity to do something about the case was presented. “I feel very strongly about this,” she said. “I know the parents, and my kids go to school with the grandkids. I just feel for the family. I think we need to work together as a community.”

MORE: http://www.threeriversnews.com/articles/2010/05/15/news/local_news/doc4bedd193db528663825450.txt

- Regarding the tarp wrapper found near the area where the scuffle occurred -​

It is not too difficult for me to believe the tarp wrapper ended up on the ground as Venus was struggling to get away from her abductor. After all, the goal of the person who took Venus was to get her into the cab or back of the truck as quickly as possible and leave immediately.

It is obvious that in their hurry to leave, they failed to notice the tarp wrapper had fallen out of the truck. I sure hope it has Doug's finger prints on it. If not, it will surely have the prints of the person who rang up the sale at WalMart which would tie that tarp wrapper to the receipt for the tarp, hat, gloves and shovel purchased the day before Venus disappeared.

The problem with that is that the tarp would have been with the vehicle, which could not possibly have been parked where the struggle took place.

Unless they are trying to suggest that he ambushed her, killed her, left the body in the driveway while he returned to the truck, drove back to the driveway, got the tarp unwrapped, wrapped the body up and put it into the vehicle.

I was assuming the wrapper is just a clear wrapper without any information on it such as tarp size, color, manufacturer, ply, barcode, etc. to link it to the receipt. Most tarps I've purchased have a cardboard insert with the information about the tarp on it.

So, if there aren't any fingerprints that match those of the clerk who rang up the sale, defense could claim the tarp cover blew out of the back of the garbage truck as it was making it rounds, etc.

If indeed this tarp cover was the wrapper of the tarp purchased along with the shovel, hat and gloves, it will have the fingerprints of the clerk on it unless whomever handled it after the purchase wiped all the fingerprints off.

For all we know, the person who made the purchase at Walmart was wearing a disguise or their face cannot be seen.

Let's all hope there are fingerprints on that wrapper that will bust Doug. There is no way he would be able to explain why a tarp wrapper with his fingerprints on it ended up near the abduction site while claiming he was 14 hours away in Virginia!
I understand what you're saying! If this wrapper is clear plastic without any information on it, how does Venus' dad know it was a tarp wrapper that must have been left in the driveway by the perp who took Venus? (his words paraphrased from one of Nancy's shows). In other words it could be a wrapper for just about anything if there's nothing identifiable about it. :waitasec: MOO

I'm very curious also when the alibi witnesses saw him in Newport News. If he'd flown back home, however, how would he have gotten to MI, and the house, without leaving a trail? Then there's that WalMart receipt from 4/25 in Ohio! MOO

Oh, the wildcat theory here is that he drives to Michigan but then flies back to Virginia. Hence him being back in Virginia but not the truck (maybe) until a few days later.

My thoughts on this are quite simple. If he has nothing to hide - why not cooperate with LE? I mean, like her or not, she is the mother of his children and still his wife. What is he hiding that he doesn't want to answer any questions or cooperate with them in finding her? He should answer questions - take a polygraph, and anything else he could do to help prove he has nothing to hide! JMO............

He could believe that he is being set up and LE is buying into it. Talking to LE under those circumstances would just plain stupid.

I understand what you're saying! If this wrapper is clear plastic without any information on it, how does Venus' dad know it was a tarp wrapper that must have been left in the driveway by the perp who took Venus? (his words paraphrased from one of Nancy's shows). In other words it could be a wrapper for just about anything if there's nothing identifiable about it. :waitasec: MOO

Drive to wal-mart and look at their stock of tarps and how they are packaged? Dunno.

So the bar code part of the package wasn't there? usually those are like cardboard or paper inserts, so you can throw them out after purchase but still use the plastic package to store the tarp.

Anyone know any of the back-story on how this young family ended up in Virginia, and why they moved there after he had filed for divorce and multiple restraining orders against her?

Did they hear that "Virginia is for lovers" and figured what the heck?

More specifically, did one or the other have some ties to that part of the country?

Apparently he's ex-military and there are a lot of military people in that part of the country, maybe some of his buddies from the marines were down there?

Or was it just where his company had another location?

thanks.

It's anyone's guess but maybe they just figured they could make a new start somewhere else.

He could believe that he is being set up and LE is buying into it. Talking to LE under those circumstances would just plain stupid.

I agree.
And as someone else posted a link earlier in this thread to a great video on the topic, it's stupid for him to talk to the police regardless of his innocence.

That said, I want the police to arrest him and interrogate him.

Drive to wal-mart and look at their stock of tarps and how they are packaged? Dunno.

So the bar code part of the package wasn't there? usually those are like cardboard or paper inserts, so you can throw them out after purchase but still use the plastic package to store the tarp.
Taking you up on your suggestion but being too lazy to get in the car and drive to WalMart right now ~ I found this ~ which doesn't seem to be what we're looking for, but maybe I used the wrong search word "tarp"?

http://www.walmart.com/search/searc...&ic=48_0&search_query=tarp&Find.x=21&Find.y=9

Tarps at Walmart come in wrappers with labels on them:

Attachments

• tarp.JPG
    tarp.JPG
    159.5 KB · Views: 22
Taking you up on your suggestion but being too lazy to get in the car and drive to WalMart right now ~ I found this ~ which doesn't seem to be what we're looking for, but maybe I used the wrong search word "tarp"?

http://www.walmart.com/search/searc...&ic=48_0&search_query=tarp&Find.x=21&Find.y=9
I'm 80 miles from Wally World, but that's the only kind of tarp I'm finding there, too. At least our abductor has a flair for fun colors.

ETA don't feel bad, panthera, I must be googlestoopid too.

Tarps at Walmart come in wrappers with labels on them:

LM said he found the tarp wrapper in his yard and that it said 8 x 8 tarp on it. He also said he gave it to LE. He also said he did not buy it and it was impossible for it to have blown into his yard because there was no wind that day.

It would be interesting to review records of what the weather was like that day. Hopefully LM's fingerprints are not the only ones on the wrapper if he really did give the wrapper to LE.

Ebay, baby.

:D
Now could you please go measure the bed of DS' pick up truck and see if this size tarp could be used to enclose the bed since it (the tarp) seems to have holes in it for tieing it down? :)

Now could you please go measure the bed of DS' pick up truck and see if this size tarp could be used to enclose the bed since it (the tarp) seems to have holes in it for tieing it down? :)

Finding a tarp on eBay that at one time or another was purchased at Walmart doesn't mean that it's the same brand, manufacturer or packaging of the tarp that was purchased in Ohio or the wrapper that was found in MI.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Back2theGardenAgain