Deceased/Not Found CA - Sierra LaMar, 15, Morgan Hill, 16 March 2012 #17 *A. Garcia-Torres guilty*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Many people don't get cards because there are a fair amount of employers who will terminate employment for having one. So, it can be safer for your job to get it illegally, makes sense huh, lol.

Not true.

It's confidential medical information and doesn't need to be disclosed, unless voluntarily. If your workplace requests the medical patient to submit a drug screen, and the substance shows up in the urine sample, the physician asks the patient/employee if he/she has a valid Doctors recommendation for the substance and if they do - the physician ignores the positive test for whatever substance and does not notify the employer.

He'd be more likely to get bail if he had a job to go to. Being unemployed, why should they let him go home? What for? So he can go fishing?

He's not going to get out free of that cell under ANY circumstance. They did not offer bond because he's dangerous, and was possibly going to strike again. If he had a job to go to, they would have terminated him. He will never walk the streets again. And the world is a safer place for it.

I disagree. I would not wish that on anyone. My daughter was molested as a child (grade school age) almost every day for 2 years. The perp is in jail and I don't believe there is a long enough sentence for him, but I know he is housed separately. As vile as what he did was, I would not want that (what you said) to happen to him. An eye for an eye and the world goes blind. I don't want him to ever hurt anyone else, but I don't want him assaulted either.

Unfortunately he is eligible for parole any day. Especially because of that, I am glad he was segregated. He went in a pedophile, he will be released a pedophile, but if he had been abused as you suggest, he'd be an ANGRY pedophile, and less likely to leave future victims alive.

ETA: MOO

:grouphug: You are a kind, loving woman.

I totally have faith in LE and see no reason why they would hasten with the murder charge, when he could have been arrested just for the kidnapping, unless they are confident they can prove it. What would be the point? They could always have added the murder charge later, years later even, if she is eventually found.

But, that said, I do hope she is found prior to a trial; it is hard to know what a jury will do, and whether they family has come to accept that she is no alive by that time, which will be a necessity.

JMO

SBM

One good reason to charge with murder now is so that AGT gets a death penalty qualified attorney from the git-go.

If he was charged with some lesser charge and chose a lesser qualified attorney, then when the death penalty charge was added, there would be considerable delay while a death penalty qualified attorney was assigned, became acquainted with the file, conducted witness depositions all over again (which could be traumatic for Sierra's family), etc.

Because he is alleged to have kidnapped her, they have no need to prove intent. If the prosecutor can prove AGT was the abductor, then the homicide in the first degree charge is largely proven. No need to know for sure how she died because if she died while he was restricting her freedom of movement, that makes it homicide in the first degree automatically. No need to prove his state of mind.

I am not a lawyer, so I could be wrong about all of the above.

But if I am mostly correct, then I don't see any advantages to the prosecution in waiting to charge for murder.

There are two sheds on opposing corners. IIRC, the one with the mattress is the OTHER shed. The one with the cactus also has MAYHEM spray painted on the side, and the cactus is growing around some large pipes that look like white PVC to me. And there are kitties. There is a SWM pond that was checked too.

Thanks! I didn't realize that wasnt the shed where the bag was found.

"A tracking canine traced Sierra's scent from her house to a point approximately mid-way down her street, where the dog appeared to lose the scent".

So, it WASNT at the end of her driveway...

http://ftpcontent.worldnow.com/kion/statement_of_fact.pdf

WOW. Just goes to show that we can discuss something until we are blue in the face, and we can base it on what we believe to be fact, and it is based on inaccurate info.
I'm pretty disappointed in the "statement of fact". Not a whole lot of evidence mentioned. I just pray that they have LOTS more than they are letting out.

Morning everyone, I had a difficult time sleeping last night thinking about the possibility of this body being Sierra. While I think that it's highly unlikely, for many reasons, I think they need to use this body as leverage against Antolin. If they told him, we found Sierra's body, now let's hear your story, I think maybe he would start to talk. Don't know what others think but I thought I would put it out there and just see. What do you think?

LE can lie to suspects (within certain bounds). However, it's a tool they have to use cautiously because once the suspect realises LE can lie, they are no longer as gullible again.

So it's basically a one occasion tool. They don't want to use it up in a way that isn't likely to be productive.

If you live in a state where they have those cards, I think it wise to buy one because that would seem to me to be so much safer than going through a street dealer. I know I would do it.

The cards aren't purchased, it's a prescription from what I understand. A dr. signs off on it and they are eligible for a medical use card. They can also grow (I think up to 12) plants for personal use. Most people I know that have a card use it for that purpose actually.

I think its "safer" with regards to not getting a ticket (having less than 1 oz of marijuana is just a ticket in CA) or getting arrested. I think the only other difference is probably the variety of what they can buy at the clubs with a card. As a teen most people I knew who sold marijuana were harmless potheads themselves. Just my experience.

Not true.

It's confidential medical information and doesn't need to be disclosed, unless voluntarily. If your workplace requests the medical patient to submit a drug screen, and the substance shows up in the urine sample, the physician asks the patient/employee if he/she has a valid Doctors recommendation for the substance and if they do - the physician ignores the positive test for whatever substance and does not notify the employer.
I know people personally that this has been an issue for, so it is very true. There are many jobs that require you to disclose medications you are on for safety reasons, this falls under this.

That's what I have been thinking. For some reason I can't get lip gloss out of my mind.

If her purse dumped (my does all the time) then it is possible something got left in the vehicle.

Would he be so "bold" as to not clean it out afterwords?

I can't tell you how often I have found my chapstick, a pen, lipgloss, an earring etc. in the cracks of my seats or under my seats. It was be so easy for that to happen and be missed in the car. A guy wouldn't even think about that IMO, and probably would have no idea something of hers was there. I hope they found something hers hidden in his car.

If Sierra has indeed passed, then I hope they DO have video of him driving on her street. They are going to need as much evidence as possible. I worry how this trial would go without a body. I really hope they evidence they have is strong enough. A video of him on her street would be pretty damning.

Here's a question, remember how the neighbor said something along the lines of "trust me, her family had nothing to do with this"? What do you think she meant by that? Do you think maybe she saw the red jetta or maybe knows someone else on the street has a video of the car driving by on the street?

BBM

This is where my thinking led me, too!:waitasec:

JMO

Thank you. I asked the question and then promptly went to bed. I saw a show on ID Discovery the other day. The police were investigating the disappearance of a young boy. They thought he had been murdered, but as it turned out he had gone after his dog that had fallen in the river. He got swept away and he was caught in the whirlpool at the base of the small dam. They found him there and ruled his death accidental. I had just never heard the word weir, but from your description that is what I thought it was. Are you from U.S.? Thanks again. I learned a new word.

I was born in the USA but my father is Korean and my mother was English (both of them were legal immigrants and became naturalised citizens). So I was raised in 3 cultures and understand none of them fully.

I've been told before that I have an odd way of writing.

I disagree. I would not wish that on anyone. My daughter was molested as a child (grade school age) almost every day for 2 years. The perp is in jail and I don't believe there is a long enough sentence for him, but I know he is housed separately. As vile as what he did was, I would not want that (what you said) to happen to him. An eye for an eye and the world goes blind. I don't want him to ever hurt anyone else, but I don't want him assaulted either.

Unfortunately he is eligible for parole any day. Especially because of that, I am glad he was segregated. He went in a pedophile, he will be released a pedophile, but if he had been abused as you suggest, he'd be an ANGRY pedophile, and less likely to leave future victims alive.

ETA: MOO

Really good point about when he comes out, I hadn't considered that. That is the part that may make me reconsider my statement - thank you! I am so sorry your daughter and family had to go through that - it is horrible.

My nephew was repeatedly brutally assaulted by a foster child (teen) of a family member for several months when he was 7 yrs old during custodial visitations. We do not know what happened with the teen because the was whisked away right when it happened and we have not been able to get information (not sure what his mom knows but she hasn't shared that she was given any info). It's been horrible to think he may be out there harming other kids. Sidenote - my nephew is now 10 and doing amazingly well - with lots of counseling and attention. We have faith he will overcome what he has been through with love, prayer, and support. I'm just so afraid of this predator victimizing other kids.

WOW. Just goes to show that we can discuss something until we are blue in the face, and we can base it on what we believe to be fact, and it is based on inaccurate info.
I'm pretty disappointed in the "statement of fact". Not a whole lot of evidence mentioned. I just pray that they have LOTS more than they are letting out.

I caught that too... wonder where ATG could have been lurking "half-way" down her street? Where would he have parked the car???

Yes, I agree. But her friends may not and typically they try to keep shocking details from the public if they can, even if most may believe this is what happened.

Even if the parents know, it is a private thing that you wouldn't want plastered all over national tv about your daughter.

Nothing is private about a murdered child!
the parents know believe me....
National TV is what is trying to find her....
Sierra did nothing wrong why wouldnt you want TV to tell her story about what happend to her!

Her friends are kids young kids they know she isnt comming back.
they type on twitter that they dont think he is dead but they know its wishfull thinking!

Its been way to long and these kids know!
Parents have spoken to them...

they need to find her and have a service for her

ive never heard this. its medical information so it is kept CONFIDENTIAL and theres no way for your employer to know you have one unless you disclose it.

anyway, back to the case at hand. im a newbie and this is my first post btw

several things;

i wonder if AGT was a drug dealer, or someone she might have seen at a party. i wonder if she got in the car willingly. he looks harmless enough.

also, it feels like the state doesnt have enough evidence..but theyre charging him with MURDER. they have stated they dont have blood, dont have a murder weapon...what could they possibly have that indicates murder? kidnapping, yes. is it simply the fact that shes nowhere to be found and there is evidence that the 2 had contact?

im thinking some of the dna evidence must point to a sexual assault, and they are inferring murder based on that. and the fact that the clothes she was wearing that morning were found.

i really hope they have more than that , that substantiates the murder claim. we also saw casey anthony get away because of "reasonable" doubt. for them to risk it, and have double jeopardy attatched...they must be desperate, stupid, or holding back bombshell evidence. and thats what im wondering about..what else could possibly point to murder , that isnt blood or a murder weapon? in my opinion, it should be more than circumstantial if they are charging him with murder.

as an aside, i have a feeling he will deal for the location of her body.especially if they do have more evidence that he sees during discovery.

Welcome Chewygooey... and all the other New Sleuthers we may have missed!

:welcome::welcome2::welcome::welcome2::welcome:

The red jetta showed up on multiple surveillance cameras. Including a neighbor who went back and looked at the day she went missing between 7am and 720am, and saw it. He notified police and police took the whole tape.

I know people personally that this has been an issue for, so it is very true. There are many jobs that require you to disclose medications you are on for safety reasons, this falls under this.

its not the fact they had a medicinal marijuana card. its the fact they were taking marijuana. im assuming they wouldve also had to blood test?

this may be a little off topic, but PLEASE , if you are going to smoke marijuana and your state allows it GET A CARD. it IS safer. a lot of dumb highschool kids sell weed, sure, but so do a lot of hardened criminals.

the ONLY way anyone will know you have a MM card is if YOU disclose it. so in the interest of harm reduction, you should probably stop talking against the cards. they are indeed a much better alternative for pot smokers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth