L.A. sheriff looks into 50 missing women

mysteriew said:
Linask, you got lucky that you suggested taking your boyfriend to the shoot with you. How old were you at the time if you don't mind my asking?
Why don't you give detectives a call, and let them know of your experience. Maybe it will help with background and where and how he trolled. They have talked about him picking up women in bars and at the track, but your info is new, or at least not publicized.
17 or 18. I thought about it last night, I may call today, but I have my little girl around, and I don't want her overhearing...

Okay Mysteriew, I did it! I contacted the L.A. sherriff's office at your prompting. They were very interested. The detective told me they had at least one other report of him being in the San Fernando Valley back then...:eek: :eek: :eek: I'm still creeped out, I'm shaking badly as I type this.

RE AMY BILLIG: I mentioned that resemblence between her and @24 earlier in the thread! I see a huge similarity!

LinasK said:
Okay Mysteriew, I did it! I contacted the L.A. sherriff's office at your prompting. They were very interested. The detective told me they had at least one other report of him being in the San Fernando Valley back then...:eek: :eek: :eek: I'm still creeped out, I'm shaking badly as I type this.

LOL, you didn't know how lucky you were did you? I thought your info might be helpful for background. Think of it like this- when your little one is 17-18 and arguing with you about going somewhere- what a scary story you have to tell her.

Mainly people seem to be looking in the missing persons for matches. Don't forget that it is possible that these women could be in the UID's also.

Somebody please look at my post #106. I feel very strongly about this. Anyone???

I just think this is amazing...

These photos have been in some filing cabinet for years, finally released to the public after all that time, and here you all are, looking through DOE Network and Charlie Project for matches! I am so thankful every day to be part of a community like this!
Kudos to you all! :blowkiss:

I am hoping all of these pictures aren't just of his victims - I hope some of these ladies are alive and well.

Masterj said:
Somebody please look at my post #106. I feel very strongly about this. Anyone???
The nose on the middle shot, yes, but she could also look like #22 IMO.

hoping4truth said:
I just think this is amazing...

These photos have been in some filing cabinet for years, finally released to the public after all that time, and here you all are, looking through DOE Network and Charlie Project for matches! I am so thankful every day to be part of a community like this!
Kudos to you all! :blowkiss:

I am hoping all of these pictures aren't just of his victims - I hope some of these ladies are alive and well.
Hopefully some of them had enough sense to get away after the photo shoot, as I had enough sense not to model.

Are you all interested in putting this in a spotlight forum and following it?

tybee204 said:
Are you all interested in putting this in a spotlight forum and following it?
Yes Please do. I'm majorly creeped out because I may have been a potential victim of a serial killer. I think this is the guy that approached me.

Masterj said:

It looks like a really good match, MasterJ.
You should call in a tip, imo.

I keep looking at the girl in photo 54, the one on the left. I am pretty certain that her picture has been on WS before as a part of a search for a missing person. Seems like she may have gone missing with someone else at the same time. Like her sister in law or something.

Does anybody on this thread remember what timeframe photographer Charles Rathbun was murdering models or have a photo or link of him? I thought it was after Bradford. The reason I want to know is I want to be sure it was Bradford who approached me, not Rathbun.

I asked this on another thread and haven't gotten an answer yet.

I think 14 and 38 might be the same person like maybe years apart. And those photos look more candid while the others look more posed. (she also doesn't look real happy).
I think this might be significant, most of the pics are definately posed, and are taken against a plain wall or a background. But there are some mixed in that have a room in the background, and those look more casual. There are 3 or 4 that look as though they were taken outdoors.

Can someone give me a brief rundown so I know what it is all about please. Im going out in a few and will check back when I get back home and start a foum.

LinasK said:
Does anybody on this thread remember what timeframe photographer Charles Rathbun was murdering models or have a photo or link of him? I thought it was after Bradford. The reason I want to know is I want to be sure it was Bradford who approached me, not Rathbun.

I asked this on another thread and haven't gotten an answer yet.

LinasK -

Rathbun was in 1996
http://www.thebiographychannel.co.uk/biography_story/905:596/1/Model_Murders_Infamous_Murders.htm

I believe that the Hillside Stranglers also tried to lure girls to work for them - They put 2 into prostitution by inviting them to become 'models'. That was 1977 - 1978...check Ken Bianchi's pic ( http://www.crimelibrary.com/serial_killers/predators/stranglers/kenny_4.html )
http://www.crimelibrary.com/serial_killers/predators/stranglers/rampage_1.htm

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TexasCuriousMynd
Back