FL - Somer Thompson, 7, Orange Park, 19 Oct 2009 #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
You guys I really do not think that she was killed in that vacant lot. The comment that was made on JVM the other night about LE not releasing cause of death because of the crime being so heinous makes me think that whatever happened to her was BAD. You also have the fact that LE has advised Diena to not look at Somer's remains. Knowing those two thinks makes me think that there is most likely a really gruesome crime scene that is yet to be found. I don't understand how someone could have killed her there and not one person hear a single thing. I mean there were tons of people out searching that night & LE had searched that area the very first night. IDK that is just my opinion.

Okay thanks.. now where is the OPAA located, since Diena said the first place they went was to that parking lot.

It's straight across from 1080 Gano...see the baseball diamonds? It's a sports complex/park.
Wfloydcircle-1.jpg

Thank you, Noway. As always.
I'm still wondering why the sheriff's office spokeswoman said at 4 minutes 15 seconds into this newscast they will not disclose "anything in the long run that will prevent us from prosecuting and convicting..."
She did NOT say apprehending/catching/arresting.
Http://www.news4jax.com/video/21406579/index.HTML

Usually that language is code for not tainting a potential jury pool with prejudicial information too early on. Like in the Sandra Cantu case how they won't release the cause of death & autopsy even though the perp is charged and in custody. LE is more lenient if they are still trying to apprehend the guy - if its information that won't help catch him, they see no reason to release it (so the defense can't later on argue LE acted improperly).

Okay thanks.. now where is the OPAA located, since Diena said the first place they went was to that parking lot.

If possible, can you point me to where Diena said that. The OPAA is the park. The reason I ask is that I still wonder where Clayton G was questioned. If it was near the park and burnt house where Somer was last seen...then that is quite a coincidence.

NSC, when she first went missing the info was that she had a pink, white and black backpack with hearts and skulls on it. You can buy them at target. That was an error if she really had a Hannah Montana backpack.

NSC, regarding the Google images thing.... It seems like the photo is just at 1212 or 1214, yet that whole stretch is blacked out for street view! I can get behind the girls and in front of them, but not close enough to see their faces.

I wonder if Google does this routinely for privacy reasons? When we looked at the street view of our home, we were surprised that there are never any people in the street view images. So if they do capture people, I bet they black out the images. Just a thought.

I guess that is possible because they are under age?? I swear I have seen adults on those maps before. But that is what originally alerted me to this...the kids and then the black out. I was on another message board after I googled on of our RSO names - there was a full body shot of Somer - with a frown on her face - gave me chills but when I saw the one little girl walking on the map, it is a surefire match for body shape.

Can I post the picture of Somer I saw to show yall? Or Can I provide the link?

I believe the initial report(s) said that Somer's backpack had a skull/skulls on it.

I just remember reading about the Hannah Montana backpack and then reading here at WS that news reports were still saying "skull backpack" and whoever posting that being frustrated with reporters in general about not getting facts right.

Found this:

Somer Thompson was last seen wearing a cranberry-colored jumpsuit with pink-striped sleeves. She was carrying a black, pink, and white backpack with a skull and hearts on it.

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/2309863/somer_thompson_missing_mother_on_today.html?cat=62

I watch a friend's 7 yo daughter after school -- she has about 5 backpacks that I can think of. It could be that Somer had a backpack like this but was using the HM one that day ...

What I find odd is that neighborhood garbage goes down to another town in Fla.
Where little Somer was found was in GA.
So what dumpster or trash goes to GA in the neighborhood?
I'm wondering if it is for construction up in GA???

I'm grieving for Somer's mother not even able to see her one last time to say goodbye.
The funeral director said he could not be viewed, poor Somer, she was so cute.
What this (these) monsters did should be the death penalty when caught!

Respectfully, we don't know if Vinson the owner was present at the time Somer supposedly communicated to the workers.

The use of the word word workers indicates more than one. So the question is: Was it just Kyle and GV present when Somer made her comment (even though it has been stated that GV was not working on this property at the time)...or was it Kyle and one other worker present...or was it Kyle and more than one other worker there...or was it Kyle and Vinson the owner there or was it a total fabrication.

MOO

Maz

The owner interviewed live the other night seemed to be shaken up with everything, and appeared to be completely cooperative with LE, basically doing anything he could to clear himself, his brother, and his crew. His brother or Kyle may have him 'fooled' and if it is one of them, he may flip a nutty...!

You guys I really do not think that she was killed in that vacant lot. The comment that was made on JVM the other night about LE not releasing cause of death because of the crime being so heinous makes me think that whatever happened to her was BAD. You also have the fact that LE has advised Diena to not look at Somer's remains. Knowing those two thinks makes me think that there is most likely a really gruesome crime scene that is yet to be found. I don't understand how someone could have killed her there and not one person hear a single thing. I mean there were tons of people out searching that night & LE had searched that area the very first night. IDK that is just my opinion.
Her body could have been mutilated not by the offender but by being transported in the garbage.

Respectfully, we don't know if Vinson the owner was present at the time Somer supposedly communicated to the workers.

The use of the word word workers indicates more than one. So the question is: Was it just Kyle and GV present when Somer made her comment (even though it has been stated that GV was not working on this property at the time)...or was it Kyle and one other worker present...or was it Kyle and more than one other worker there...or was it Kyle and Vinson the owner there or was it a total fabrication.

MOO

Maz

I understand where you're coming from, but you're taking the unconfirmed, uncorroborated word of a random reporter who said that an unidentified "Kyle" said that Somer said something to "the workers" as fact. It's not, and its only been reported by one station. I think the whole thing is fishy, and I especially wouldn't give any weight to the pluralization of the sentence. Remember the game telephone?

wow! and not a single other person on the street.
I actually think from looking at this street view it's pretty scary for small children to be walking alone. I also had the same impression from the other areas between the school and Somer's home. MOO

If possible, can you point me to where Diena said that. The OPAA is the park. The reason I ask is that I still wonder where Clayton G was questioned. If it was near the park and burnt house where Somer was last seen...then that is quite a coincidence.

NSC, when she first went missing the info was that she had a pink, white and black backpack with hearts and skulls on it. You can buy them at target. That was an error if she really had a Hannah Montana backpack.

I will have to go back to the last thread from earlier today with that live interview. It is the interview where the video taping does a black out/ no sound yet continues rolling, (( edit job)) and then resumes with yet another edit toward the end.

Going to take a quickie break ok... I will go video link hunting upon my return... :)

Hello...I am new here, so I'm not sure I'm doing this correctly. I do have a question in regards to the video to which Kyle claimed he was the last to see Somer. My question is: How does he know he's the last person to see her? Is this something LE told him, or that he "assumes"? Just kind of raised a red flag to me.

The use of the word workers indicates more than one. So the question is: Was it just Kyle and GV present when Somer made her comment (even though it has been stated that GV was not working on this property at the time)...or was it Kyle and one other worker present...or was it Kyle and more than one other worker there...or was it Kyle and Vinson the owner there or was it a total fabrication.

MOO

Maz

Could be any one of the above. I wish we knew more about "kyle"

IIRC, Somer had to be ID'd by her dental records...........
my hubby thinks Somer was in such bad shape from being crushed
(makes me ill,sorry) from the garbage trucks that compact.

I will have to go back to the last thread from earlier today with that live interview. It is the interview where the video taping does a black out/ no sound yet continues rolling, (( edit job)) and then resumes with yet another edit toward the end.

Going to take a quickie break ok... I will go video link hunting upon my return... :)

Thanks, I can find that interview. No need for you to go looking.

Missouri Mom - very good question! And welcome! Did he actually say "I was the last one to see her"? If so, there's no way he knew that when he saw her unless he's the perp. On the other hand, if he has spoken with LE, they may have told him that based on the timeline, he was the last person known to have spoken to her.

Her body could have been mutilated not by the offender but by being transported in the garbage.

That could very well be true but I have to disagree with you based on a few facts.

1. They knew cause of death the following day which leads me to believe she was killed with some sort of blunt force trauma & probably raped. I don't know anything about autopsy's but if they can't physically see how the person died don't they do some sort of testing? Blunt force trauma you can look at the person's bones etc and see it.

2. LE not releasing cause of death specifically stating that its due to how badly the crime was.

3. They couldn't ID her by just looking at her.

4. The story is being featured on America's Most Wanted.

I just think something VERY BAD happened to this little girl. Who is to say the perp didn't take her out of town to kill her then disposed her body later on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vjeanine