GUILTY MO - Burned body of newborn found in Pertle Springs cave, 29 Jan 2014

I don't know. Her roommate wrote the story. Maybe because it is owned by the school? The police are now involved and the story should be in tomorrows paper.
She and her roommates are close friends with the two biology students that found the body. They are all understandably very upset.

Oh, what a horrible story. :( I feel so sad for the poor deceased baby, & for the traumatized biology students who found him or her.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sad. This crap breaks my heart every time I learn about it. Hardly a day goes by.....................

I now believe the body was not burned but found on the "burn pile".
I apologize for the error.

I encourage folks to read this article (and the comments). Indicates the baby was caucasian; there was a diaper nearby and the comments suggest the "cave" where this baby was found has perhaps recently been "vandalized".

Also, a male and a female made this discovery. Interesting that too.

Oh! And they are not releasing whether the child is a boy or a girl.

ETA: Thank you Billiejo, for finding and sharing the link to this article.

Ok I have some info. The body was burned and I believe that is why sex is yet undetermined.
It was a male and female that found the body and they are the same ones that reported the vandalism on 2/17. They are both biology students doing a study on snakes in differing environments in the cave. They are both well known by my granddaughter.
I know we like to look closely at the ones that find and report these things but I assure you these two young people are not involved.
Do I need to get verified since I am close to the case?
The city police are involved but it is the University's police department's case.
The door that was broken into during the vandalism is a heavy iron door.

You are welcome ArPistonsGirl. I didn't really find it my granddaughter called me upset with the news and her roommate then wrote the article and she sent it to me.

you're local, not really an insider, so it would seem that what you shared is fine, since you stated how you came by it, and it does not seem very controversial. Thanks again. No happy ending to this no matter what.

It is a rather small community. They asked if anyone knew of a woman expecting a baby in late Jan or early Feb that has given suspicious answers as to where their baby is.
IMO there will be more charges forthcoming.

The university police where I live are more like mall cops with the ability to write tickets and make arrests but they don't carry guns or have the resources or the experience to investigate a homicide.

I'm still very confused by the university police in this case.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Knovah
Back