LA - Jaren Lockhart, 22, New Orleans, 5 June 2012 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think about that sometimes...am I anywhere that would be "inconvenient" if my family knew?

You never know when lightning will strike.

Along that line of thinking, IF (and it's a BIG IF) she was killed for certain "knowledge" then any witness who would testify about her killer would then be threatened, no? I think of that often when I see things that make me go "hmmmm" - would I step up as a witness and tell what I know???

Along that line of thinking, IF (and it's a BIG IF) she was killed for certain "knowledge" then any witness who would testify about her killer would then be threatened, no? I think of that often when I see things that make me go "hmmmm" - would I step up as a witness and tell what I know???

I hope I would.

But if my family was in danger, I have no idea what I'd do. I hope I never have to find out.

I've almost been led to believe that they aren't releasing that video because they fear that the perp will flee. Of course that reasoning doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me because if he knows they have a video and he knows he is on it, then he knows the police are coming, right? What's to stop him from leaving now, or who's to say he hasn't already? And even though we may want to see the video, what good does it do for the case if we see it? We may not have any idea who is on it - what's important is that the police know who is on it - AND I CAN ONLY HOPE THEY ARE WATCHING THIS PERSON VERY CLOSELY. Please tell me they are!

:thumb: :yesss:

Let's not play innocent here - we all know that the lifestyle Jaren chose is a dangerous one. Strippers/dancers risk being targets of crime every time they get on a stage. What they do is MEANT to arouse men (or women). And when testosterone is involved, sometimes the law gets broken. Add alcohol and drugs to the mix and it can be lethal.

There ARE other jobs available, but some see stripping/dancing as easier money, especially if they are supporting a drug habit. I am a mother of two grown daughters and it would have killed me to see them turn to this profession. They learned early on that work is hard and money can be tight but you just have to keep on trying. It would never have occurred to them that stripping was an option.

I do not judge Jaren because it is obvious she had no support system from her parents, and obviously very little guidance. She did NOT deserve what happemed to her, but we need to stop trying to sugar-coat her lifestyle and the kind of people that lifestyle attracts.

Let's not play innocent here - we all know that the lifestyle Jaren chose is a dangerous one. Strippers/dancers risk being targets of crime every time they get on a stage. What they do is MEANT to arouse men (or women). And when testosterone is involved, sometimes the law gets broken. Add alcohol and drugs to the mix and it can be lethal.

There ARE other jobs available, but some see stripping/dancing as easier money, especially if they are supporting a drug habit. I am a mother of two grown daughters and it would have killed me to see them turn to this profession. They learned early on that work is hard and money can be tight but you just have to keep on trying. It would never have occurred to them that stripping was an option.

I do not judge Jaren because it is obvious she had no support system from her parents, and obviously very little guidance. She did NOT deserve what happemed to her, but we need to stop trying to sugar-coat her lifestyle and the kind of people that lifestyle attracts.

And you knew Jaren how? Her mother reads and posts here. People that knew and loved her, read and post here. Have you read the whole thread?

So is a girl that goes to beach parties in a bikini and dances also asking to be raped and/or murdered?

I may not be the norm, but have had many friends that were dancers and to be honest....they made great money, the job was fairly secure and why not. I am sorry but I find nothing wrong with a person dancing to support themselves or their kids. Its a JOB...and it pays the bills. I think its sad when we live in a world where because you show your body, it makes you a target....RIP Jaren and give strength to your family....In my thoughts...

Oh I understand. Im a poster at WS. I have done everything everyone else her is doing. But if I can help to clear things up, I will. I can come off as aggressive its a character flaw...LOL!

Well i dont happen to agree with you about the bf but i wont say another word about him after this post.
I have not heard LE say anything.
I only believe in crimes like this you have to look at everyone....
Im not saying hes the one responsible im just asking questions.

and its all JMO!

It is very true. And while it may seem to some that we are judging, the fact is we are simply stating facts. You know that it is a high risk job that has tragic consequences for SO MANY. It is russian roulette and every time they make it home alive they have simply dodged another bullet. We are not saying that ANYONE deserves this. Men who do this are monsters. But the women who do this know that monsters are watching. They take their chances. Let's just keep it honest.

I did NOT say she deserved what happened to her. AT ALL. The lifestyle she chose made her easy prey. Anyone who thinks differently has their head in a hole in the ground. NOBODY DESERVES WHAT HAPPENED TO HER. Please don't put words in my mouth!

It is very true. And while it may seem to some that we are judging, the fact is we are simply stating facts. We know that it is a high risk job that has tragic consequences for SO MANY. It is Russian Roulette and every time they make it home alive they have simply dodged another bullet. We are not saying that ANYONE deserves this. Men who do this are monsters. But the women who do this know that monsters are watching. They take their chances. Let's just keep it honest.

It is very true. And while it may seem to some that we are judging, the fact is we are simply stating facts. You know that it is a high risk job that has tragic consequences for SO MANY. It is russian roulette and every time they make it home alive they have simply dodged another bullet. We are not saying that ANYONE deserves this. Men who do this are monsters. But the women who do this know that monsters are watching. They take their chances. Let's just keep it honest.

I worked as a Correctional Officer for the state of Colorado, I worked with men that were felons everyday. By law we are outnumbered 97 to one. I am just saying...well you know what I am saying. So frustrating, I guess what I am saying is, she did not even remotely deserve this. I feel horrible for her and her family...I will shut up now...IMHO

Ya know!
I dont believe her lifestyle had anything to do with this.

Look at all the college students missing!
all the wives
Young HS girls they are taken and murdered just like this woman...
some are found most are not...

Was it a stranger?
someone she knew?

whomever it was, hes a monster and needs to be caught!

I may not be the norm, but have had many friends that were dancers and to be honest....they made great money, the job was fairly secure and why not. I am sorry but I find nothing wrong with a person dancing to support themselves or their kids. Its a JOB...and it pays the bills. I think its sad when we live in a world where because you show your body, it makes you a target....RIP Jaren and give strength to your family....In my thoughts...

I dont see anything wrong with it either!

Bella its not the world its AMERICANS! You go to europe all the beaches are
topless no one stares at anyone its just how it is....
We are prudes lol

And you knew Jaren how? Her mother reads and posts here. People that knew and loved her, read and post here. Have you read the whole thread?

So is a girl that goes to beach parties in a bikini and dances also asking to be raped and/or murdered?

I don't think anyone has said she asked to be raped and murdered.

As for a girl dancing at a beach party---is she having an audience putting dollar bills into her bikini bottoms? Because there is a difference, imo, between dancing in a club for money, and just dancing for fun socially.

I have no problem with someone deciding to be a dancer. It may be the best choice for some people. But it is a dangerous preoccupation, for many reasons, imo. I wouldn't want my DD to do that job, nor would I want her to work alone at a convenience market, nor would I want her to ride a little motor scooter around in traffic without a helmet. No judgments, just concern for her well-being.

I dont see anything wrong with it either!

Bella its not the world its AMERICANS! You go to europe all the beaches are
topless no one stares at anyone its just how it is....
We are prudes lol

I understand that a person who dances does so for people to stare and to pay for that opportunity. But I am just saying there are so many employment choices that are HIGH RISK, Cops, Correctional/Detention Officers, Probation Officers, Cab drivers, Firemen, Smoke Jumpers and the list goes on. I really feel bad that people cannot see that not all do this because of passion but they do it for money. We put ourselves at risk in professions everyday to feed our families and when a dancer is looked down on because of her profession its just not right. I am just on a rant....this case has upset me. Sorry...IMHO

The link you guys have posted is not allowed.

I'll be starting a new thread soon and will post the link shortly.

I understand that a person who dances does so for people to stare and to pay for that opportunity. But I am just saying there are so many employment choices that are HIGH RISK, Cops, Correctional/Detention Officers, Probation Officers, Cab drivers, Firemen, Smoke Jumpers and the list goes on. I really feel bad that people cannot see that not all do this because of passion but they do it for money. We put ourselves at risk in professions everyday to feed our families and when a dancer is looked down on because of her profession its just not right. I am just on a rant....this case has upset me. Sorry...IMHO

Its ok i understand!
Many girls have put themselves thru college dancing!
Wouldnt have had the chance otherwise.

I think whomever did this to her was very very angry!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288