CA-Amber Leeanne Dubois (14 YO)- Escondido Thread # 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here are the Poway and Escondido area incidents from Jan thru Mar, 2009, in date order. Sorry for the length. (Poway is about 12 miles south of Escondido - 22 min drive)

Tues, Jan 27, 2009 - 3:15pm - Poway and along the Highway 56 corridor
2 hispanic boys approached
Vehicle: Red Van.
Suspects: White male driver with two Hispanic passengers
Van approached boys near Pomerado Rd. and Poway Rd. The boys ran away. Suspects are a white, male driver in his mid 20s and two Hispanic male passengers.

Thurs, Jan 29, 2009 - 5:30pm - Poway and along the Highway 56 corridor
12-year-old girl
Vehicle: White box-type utility van
Suspects: 3 Hispanic males, 20 to 30 years of age.
A 12-year-old female juvenile was walking home in the area of Scots Way and Midland Road in Poway. Three Hispanic male adults driving an older white colored box type utility van stopped. The male occupants of the van forced the juvenile into the van. The suspects were approximately 20 to 30 years of age. One suspect was described as being thin, having a military style flat top haircut, dark complexion, with a chipped front tooth and slanted teeth. The suspects drove the girl around for about 20 to 30 minutes and then dropped her off unharmed. Sheriff Department released a sketch of one of the suspects.

Mon, Feb. 2, 2009 - 3:15pm - Poway and along the Highway 56 corridor
11-year-old girl
Vehile: motorhome.
Suspects: 2 Hispanic males.
Girl was approached on 9th Street near Pomerado Elementary School. The girl ran away. Suspects are two Hispanic males in a motorhome.

Mon, Feb 2, 2009 – 3:30pm – Escondido Area
Bill Garcia says the woman looks a lot like Amber and told him that a group of men got out of the van and tried to force her inside the vehicle. “It actually occurred on February 2nd, and it was about 3:30 in the afternoon. This woman so much looks so similar to Amber that I asked if I could take photos of her, and she does. She looks like a high school girl of similar height and build.”

http://74.125.47.132/search?q=cache:n1IBQhW7_DsJ:transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0902/24/ng.01.html+escondido+attempted+abduction&cd=17&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

Tues, Feb 3, 2009 - 4:00 pm - Poway and along the Highway 56 corridor
11-year-old girl
Vehicle: Blue convertible
Suspects: Hispanic male mid 20s.
Attempted kidnapping of an 11-year-old girl that occurred in Black Mountain Ranch. The victim was walking in front of an apartment complex in the 14000 block of Via Fiesta when the suspect pulled up to the cur next to her and told her to get in his car. The victim said there was a gun on the dashborad of the suspect's car. The girl ran to get away from the suspect. The suspect followed the girl in his car but she was able to run to a nearby apartment and call police.
Suspect is a Hispanic male, 20-30 years old, 5'11", 220 pounds, black hair, and a black goatee. Suspect vehicle is a small, older 2-door convertible, dark blue with rust spots, and a black convertible top. San Diego Police released a sketch of the suspect.

Fri, Feb 13, 2009 – 7:10am – Escondido
14-year-old girl
On Friday 02-13-09 a fourteen (14) year old female named Amber Dubois left her residence located at [address] in Escondido to walk to school. At approx. 0708 hours, [parent 1] dropped his children off at Escondido High School and drove northbound on Escondido Blvd. [Parent 1] saw Amber Dubois walking on the western sidewalk of Broadway quickly walking southbound. At approximately 0710 hours, [parent 2] was driving her children to Escondido High School southbound on Broadway Ave when she saw Amber Dubois walking southbound on the west curb of Broadway with a male. [Parent 2] described the male as a dark complected young male who was tall and slender. [Parent 2] did not recognize the male. Both [Parent 2] and [Parent 1] placed her approx. 200 yards north of Escondido High School, located at 1535 N Broadway Ave in Escondido.

February, 2009 – 3 Incidents – Just after 3pm – Escondido/Oak Hill Area
Vehicle: May be a Honda or Toyota. The partial license plate is "5W00'' or "5WWM”
Suspect: A white man in his early 20s, with eyeglasses and short dark hair

ESCONDIDO - Escondido police are looking for a 20-something man who has been offering rides to girls walking home from school in the Oak Hill area.

Three girls reported that a man in a small white compact offered them a ride home, said Escondido police Lt. Bob Benton. In each case, the man approached the girls just after 3 p.m., he said. One girl was in the 1400 block of Oak Hill Drive, and another was nearby at Boyle Avenue and Rose Street, he said. The other location was unavailable.

The neighborhood is about three miles from where Amber Dubois was last seen more than two weeks ago as the 14-year-old walked to Escondido High School. Police have not indicated any suspected connection between the cases.

When the girls in the Oak Hill neighborhood declined a ride, the man drove off, Benton said.

http://www.sandiego6.com/news/local/story/Stranger-Offering-Rides-to-Girls-Leaving-School/7wROt0gWX0O69LZw8BF9jA.cspx

Thurs, March 12, 2009 - 2:30pm - Poway and along the Highway 56 corridor
7-year-old girl
White Ford box utility van
Suspects: Hispanic male driver, mid-20s and two Hispanic passengers.
Mother reports seeing a white van stalking her daughter, a 1st grader who had just been dropped off by a school bus. The van followed the child as she walked. The girl ran away and got inside her mother's vehicle nearby. The driver in the white van pulled a quick U-turn and sped away, allegedly running a red light.

Wed, March 18, 2009 - 3:00 pm - Poway and along the Highway 56 corridor
12-year-old girl
Suspects: Three Hispanic males mid 20s inside van.
Girl walking home after being dropped off by a school bus reported a white van following her. She ran to her home and reported the van to her mother. Her mother looked out the window and observed the van pull a U-turn and drive away.

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF8&hl=en&msa=0&msid=107792725227373756468.000465d184cb91081a7fd&ll=33.221457,-116.840973&spn=0.536503,1.230469&z=10

I just heard about Amber a couple days ago and have been reading through this thread.
I think the white van being linked with various stalking attempts could be a big break.
If that is what happened how did they get Amber into the van without anyone noticing? Especially on a busy street during the morning school rush.

Amber reminds me alot of myself when I was her age. I was shy, introverted, loved animals(still do), avid reader, was not relaly part of the social networking fads of my day, etc. I had very low self-confidence and self-esteem partly because of my shyness it was very hard for me to meet people and I felt like people just didn't like me. When I was 14 I was the pool with my step-sister and we were approached by a 30 yr old man on the other side of the fence. He payed me compliments, he made me feel special, I was naive enough to believe that it was ME and it really didn't occur to me that he was interested because of my age. I talked to him on the phone, I snuck him into my house (what 30 year old man sneaks into a 14 yr olds house? A perverted one). A girl I went to school with who had kinda a reputation heard about this and apparently she knew this guy and man did she let me have it. She really set me straight about what he wanted, how he does this to all the young girls who will talk to him and sure enough a couple days later I spotted this guy hanging out at my Jr. High School talking to girls.
My point is that even 'good' kids can be easily misguided, easily caught up in something that they don't fully understand. I hope this is not the case with Amber. I was very lucky nothing happened with that guy.

Regarding the FBI. This is the official word on the FBI and Missing Persons
http://www.usdoj.gov/usao/eousa/foia_reading_room/usam/title9/crm01035.htm

Thanks for sharing your story. You're lucky; I hope Amber will be too.
:prayer:

Here are the Poway and Escondido area incidents from Jan thru Mar, 2009, in date order. Sorry for the length. (Poway is about 12 miles south of Escondido - 22 min drive)

Tues, Jan 27, 2009 - 3:15pm - Poway and along the Highway 56 corridor
2 hispanic boys approached
Vehicle: Red Van.
Suspects: White male driver with two Hispanic passengers
Van approached boys near Pomerado Rd. and Poway Rd. The boys ran away. Suspects are a white, male driver in his mid 20s and two Hispanic male passengers.

Thurs, Jan 29, 2009 - 5:30pm - Poway and along the Highway 56 corridor
12-year-old girl
Vehicle: White box-type utility van
Suspects: 3 Hispanic males, 20 to 30 years of age.
A 12-year-old female juvenile was walking home in the area of Scots Way and Midland Road in Poway. Three Hispanic male adults driving an older white colored box type utility van stopped. The male occupants of the van forced the juvenile into the van. The suspects were approximately 20 to 30 years of age. One suspect was described as being thin, having a military style flat top haircut, dark complexion, with a chipped front tooth and slanted teeth. The suspects drove the girl around for about 20 to 30 minutes and then dropped her off unharmed. Sheriff Department released a sketch of one of the suspects.

Mon, Feb. 2, 2009 - 3:15pm - Poway and along the Highway 56 corridor
11-year-old girl
Girl was approached on 9th Street near Pomerado Elementary School. The girl ran away. Suspects are two Hispanic males in a motorhome.

Mon, Feb 2, 2009 – 3:30pm – Escondido Area
Bill Garcia says the woman looks a lot like Amber and told him that a group of men got out of the van and tried to force her inside the vehicle. “It actually occurred on February 2nd, and it was about 3:30 in the afternoon. This woman so much looks so similar to Amber that I asked if I could take photos of her, and she does. She looks like a high school girl of similar height and build.”

http://74.125.47.132/search?q=cache:n1IBQhW7_DsJ:transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0902/24/ng.01.html+escondido+attempted+abduction&cd=17&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

Tues, Feb 3, 2009 - 4:00 pm - Poway and along the Highway 56 corridor
11-year-old girl
Vehicle: Blue convertible
Suspects: Hispanic male mid 20s.
Attempted kidnapping of an 11-year-old girl that occurred in Black Mountain Ranch. The victim was walking in front of an apartment complex in the 14000 block of Via Fiesta when the suspect pulled up to the cur next to her and told her to get in his car. The victim said there was a gun on the dashborad of the suspect's car. The girl ran to get away from the suspect. The suspect followed the girl in his car but she was able to run to a nearby apartment and call police.
Suspect is a Hispanic male, 20-30 years old, 5'11", 220 pounds, black hair, and a black goatee. Suspect vehicle is a small, older 2-door convertible, dark blue with rust spots, and a black convertible top. San Diego Police released a sketch of the suspect.

Fri, Feb 13, 2009 – 7:10am – Escondido
14-year-old girl
On Friday 02-13-09 a fourteen (14) year old female named Amber Dubois left her residence located at [address] in Escondido to walk to school. At approx. 0708 hours, [parent 1] dropped his children off at Escondido High School and drove northbound on Escondido Blvd. [Parent 1] saw Amber Dubois walking on the western sidewalk of Broadway quickly walking southbound. At approximately 0710 hours, [parent 2] was driving her children to Escondido High School southbound on Broadway Ave when she saw Amber Dubois walking southbound on the west curb of Broadway with a male. [Parent 2] described the male as a dark complected young male who was tall and slender. [Parent 2] did not recognize the male. Both [Parent 2] and [Parent 1] placed her approx. 200 yards north of Escondido High School, located at 1535 N Broadway Ave in Escondido.

February, 2009 – 3 Incidents – Just after 3pm – Escondido/Oak Hill Area
Vehicle: May be a Honda or Toyota. The partial license plate is "5W00'' or "5WWM”
Suspect: A white man in his early 20s, with eyeglasses and short dark hair

ESCONDIDO - Escondido police are looking for a 20-something man who has been offering rides to girls walking home from school in the Oak Hill area.

Three girls reported that a man in a small white compact offered them a ride home, said Escondido police Lt. Bob Benton. In each case, the man approached the girls just after 3 p.m., he said. One girl was in the 1400 block of Oak Hill Drive, and another was nearby at Boyle Avenue and Rose Street, he said. The other location was unavailable.

The neighborhood is about three miles from where Amber Dubois was last seen more than two weeks ago as the 14-year-old walked to Escondido High School. Police have not indicated any suspected connection between the cases.

When the girls in the Oak Hill neighborhood declined a ride, the man drove off, Benton said.

http://www.sandiego6.com/news/local/story/Stranger-Offering-Rides-to-Girls-Leaving-School/7wROt0gWX0O69LZw8BF9jA.cspx

Thurs, March 12, 2009 - 2:30pm - Poway and along the Highway 56 corridor
7-year-old girl
Suspects: Hispanic male driver, mid-20s and two Hispanic passengers.
Mother reports seeing a white van stalking her daughter, a 1st grader who had just been dropped off by a school bus. The van followed the child as she walked. The girl ran away and got inside her mother's vehicle nearby. The driver in the white van pulled a quick U-turn and sped away, allegedly running a red light.

Wed, March 18, 2009 - 3:00 pm - Poway and along the Highway 56 corridor
12-year-old girl
Suspects: Three Hispanic males mid 20s inside van.
Girl walking home after being dropped off by a school bus reported a white van following her. She ran to her home and reported the van to her mother. Her mother looked out the window and observed the van pull a U-turn and drive away.

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF8&hl=en&msa=0&msid=107792725227373756468.000465d184cb91081a7fd&ll=33.221457,-116.840973&spn=0.536503,1.230469&z=10

The similarities between a few of those in such a short period of time and such close proximity is scary!

March 28, 2009
ESCONDIDO: Bikers raise money to help search for missing Escondido teen

ESCONDIDO ---- Patches on their leather and denim jackets proclaimed alliances with mean-sounding motorcycle clubs like the "Gunfighters" and the "Sinners and Saints," but the hundreds of bikers who rumbled into central Escondido Saturday shared a benign purpose.

Event organizers said about 150 riders cruised from San Juan Capistrano to Escondido for the "poker run" fundraiser to help the search for missing Escondido teen Amber Dubois. About 100 more bikers showed up at the Amber Search Center, on the corner of Mission Avenue and Quince Street, to listen to live music, check out each others' motorcycles and get in on raffles supporting the search.

Maurice Dubois, father of the Escondido High School student last seen walking near the school Feb. 13, said he didn't know much about bikers or motorcycles. But he hoped the event, organized by the San Diego Confederation of Clubs, would help keep the story of his missing daughter alive. With police turning up no leads on her disappearance, he said, it has become harder as time passes to enlist volunteers and spread the word that people should call with any information about Amber's disappearance. "The more attention the better," Dubois said. "There's got to be someone out there who knows something."

[snipped]
Entry fees for the event, in which riders made several stops to pick up playing cards to incorporate into a poker hand, was $30 for individuals and $35 for riders with a passenger. Maurice Dubois said he was unsure how much money was raised.

But he said that the riders with the best poker hands had declined over $1,000 of $1,200 offered in prize money, instead donating it back to the search fund. "It shows you the kind of heart these people have," he said.

Dubois said he had a meeting with Escondido police this week, in part to discuss how to best spend the money raised to search for Amber. Rebecca Smith, Maurice Dubois' longtime girlfriend, said that before Saturday's event, the Amber Leanne Dubois Trust Fund had about $12,000 in donations.

Amber's family is again asking for search volunteers to meet at 8 a.m. Sunday at the search center on Quince Street.

http://www.nctimes.com/articles/2009/03/28/news/inland/escondido/z5aab182fb63684ec88257587007ec20e.txt

March 28, 2009

ESCONDIDO — Family and friends of Amber Dubois will present a fundraising concert for the missing 14-year-old on April 4 in the city’s Kit Carson Park amphitheatre. Up to eight alternative rock bands will perform from approximately noon until 7 p.m.. Proceeds will go toward the search for Amber, who went missing on her way to Escondido High School Feb. 13.

[snipped]

The search for the teenager will continue Sunday, Amber’s father, Maurice Dubois, said. Volunteers will meet at the search center from 8 a.m. until noon, then head out to an area within six miles of the high school. Dubois said that volunteers have almost finished searching within the six-mile radius of the school, under the leadership of a retired San Diego police officer. It’s anticipated that the search will be broadened after Sunday; however, Dubois did not comment on where the search will be.

Escondido police continue to follow up on all tips from the public regarding any possible sightings, said Lt. Craig Carter. Possible sightings have been reported in Las Vegas and other Nevada cities, as well as throughout Southern California, he said.

“There’s nothing confirmed, in terms of the sightings,” Dubois said. He said he feels that the police aren’t doing “a good enough job” of looking for his daughter.

A private detective, Bill Garcia, has been helping the family on a pro bono basis, but Dubois said Garcia may not be available to continue the type of work that they may need. The family will consider hiring a replacement private detective after a meeting with law enforcement at the end of March.

For more information, to provide tips or volunteer, call (760) 743-7343.
http://www.sandiego6.com/news/local/story/Amber-Dubois-missing-teen-search-Escondido-San/v01mgwOcEUK4PgRWuYMS3g.cspx?rss=800

I'm so curious....
I wonder what made Invisibile (was it her?) so confident that the mobile home had nothing to do with it...
I think i remember her saying that she was pretty sure LE knew about it and was glad they were forced to move on...
Does anyone remember that?
Invisible?? Where are you??? Come talk to us!!! :)
I can't get the mobile home outta my head!!

I'm so curious....
I wonder what made Invisibile (was it her?) so confident that the mobile home had nothing to do with it...
I think i remember her saying that she was pretty sure LE knew about it and was glad they were forced to move on...
Does anyone remember that?
Invisible?? Where are you??? Come talk to us!!! :)
I can't get the mobile home outta my head!!

I'm not sure how to quote directly from another thread but here is a copy/paste of what Invisible said (pg 11 #254 on first thread). I wonder if they have checked these two guys out?

"The reason that I think that the young men in motorhome have probably been questioned is because that there are frequently two police cars parked in that same parking lot. They meet there to talk. I am sure that they were well aware of the motorhome before Amber's disappearance. "

Thank you for bringing this up. Did you click on this link that shows various child stalking and abduction incidents in the Poway area (about 30 min south of Escondido)? Six incidents from Jan 27 to Mar 18.

Click on each link to see description of incident, vehicles and suspects. This one below caught my eye. Didn't someone post here awhile back that there was a motorhome parked near Escondido H.S. with 2 males who lived in it, who have since left?

Mon, Feb. 2, 2009 - 3:15pm
11-year-old girl
Girl was approached on 9th Street near Pomerado Elementary School. The girl ran away. Suspects are two Hispanic males in a motorhome.​

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=U...215712,-116.840973&spn=0.527347,1.219482&z=10

I posted about the motorhome in the LA Fitness parking lot. The two guys that lived in that motorhome were not Hispanic, they were white.

I almost can't bear to come to Amber's thread anymore because there is just no news. Where the heck is Amber?

March 29, 2009
ESCONDIDO: Motorcycle run raises $6,800 for missing teen

ESCONDIDO ---- Participants in Saturday's motorcycle run for Amber Dubois raised about $6,800 for the missing 14-year-old girl, Amber's father said Sunday.

Maurice Dubois said about $5,500 will be placed in a trust to support future searches for his daughter. The rest will go to pay for the expenses of setting up Saturday's run, raffle and barbecue, he said.

Another search for the Escondido High School freshman was conducted Sunday to no avail. About 60 volunteers combed terrain around Escondido looking for Amber, her father said.

http://www.northcountytimes.com/articles/2009/03/29/news/inland/escondido/z265acc331d608e76882575890008f05a.txt

I sent an email to each of these area news contacts with same content - asking them to keep Amber's story in the news, asking them to include in all stories that she was last seen with a young male who was tall and slender, and asking them to ask LE to release a bulletin or more details about this young male she was last with (yeah, I'm stuck on it).

CBS 8 San Diego
Website: http://www.cbs8.com/Global/category.asp?C=149651&nav=menu1607_1
Email: news8@kfmb.com

North County Times
http://www.cbs8.com/Global/category.asp?C=149651&nav=menu1607_1
Staff writer Teri Figueroa’s Email: tfigueroa@nctimes.com
Staff writer Chris Nichols’ Email: cnichols@nctimes.com

San Diego Union Tribune
Email: metro@uniontrib.com

NBC San Diego
Contact Form (online): http://www.nbcsandiego.com/about_us/

San Diego 6
Website: http://www.sandiego6.com/news/local/story/Vigil-for-Missing-Escondido-Girl-Fewer-Searchers/glZVEOPuJU6Tpv0R0QtFMw.cspx?rss=800
Writer Eric Collins’ Email: eric.collins@sandiego6.com

North County Voice
Email: mbfrancis@mbfcommunications.net

The CSUSM Pride
Email: pride@csusm.edu

KUSI
Email: NEWS@KUSI.COM

Hi, I am new to this board, stumbled upon this site following the Grateful Doe case, so I don't know how things work that well here so sorry if I am butting in here.

I just wanted to say that ever since hearing about this case, there is one thing that is bugging me.

Martha Lopez Perez disappeared a year ago in Escondido. She had gone to shop at a local thrift shop and never came home. She did make it to the shop as she was seen on security video. Her body was found in Jesmond Dene Park which is only a couple miles north of the High School on Broadway.

Link to story:
http://www.nctimes.com/articles/2008/02/16/news/inland/10_30_3899_13_08.txt

The thing that bugs me is Matha's killer drove up broadway. Did they live in the same area? They have not been found.

I don't know, maybe it's nothing, maybe I am paranoid, but the thought that someone disappears 2 miles from where someone else that had disappeared was found, kinda bothers me.

Hi, I am new to this board, stumbled upon this site following the Grateful Doe case, so I don't know how things work that well here so sorry if I am butting in here.

I just wanted to say that ever since hearing about this case, there is one thing that is bugging me.

Martha Lopez Perez disappeared a year ago in Escondido. She had gone to shop at a local thrift shop and never came home. She did make it to the shop as she was seen on security video. Her body was found in Jesmond Dene Park which is only a couple miles north of the High School on Broadway.

Link to story:

The thing that bugs me is Matha's killer drove up broadway. Did they live in the same area? They have not been found.

I don't know, maybe it's nothing, maybe I am paranoid, but the thought that someone disappears 2 miles from where someone else that had disappeared was found, kinda bothers me.

Welcome to Websleuths, reptile. Oh dear, I sincerely hope there is no connection here.

Link to story:

OMG, Reptile, I had totally forgotten about Martha. Also, I did not know that her body had been found in Jesmond Dene Park. I never knew that she had been found. I remember seeing her picture around town...the poster asked that she please call her grandmother if I remember correctly. Thank you so much for bringing this up. Welcome to WS. Oh my, you might be on to something.

I sent an email to each of these area news contacts with same content - asking them to keep Amber's story in the news, asking them to include in all stories that she was last seen with a young male who was tall and slender, and asking them to ask LE to release a bulletin or more details about this young male she was last with (yeah, I'm stuck on it).

CBS 8 San Diego
Website: http://www.cbs8.com/Global/category.asp?C=149651&nav=menu1607_1
Email: news8@kfmb.com

North County Times
http://www.cbs8.com/Global/category.asp?C=149651&nav=menu1607_1
Staff writer Teri Figueroa’s Email: tfigueroa@nctimes.com
Staff writer Chris Nichols’ Email: cnichols@nctimes.com

San Diego Union Tribune
Email: metro@uniontrib.com

NBC San Diego
Contact Form (online): http://www.nbcsandiego.com/about_us/

San Diego 6
Website: http://www.sandiego6.com/news/local/story/Vigil-for-Missing-Escondido-Girl-Fewer-Searchers/glZVEOPuJU6Tpv0R0QtFMw.cspx?rss=800
Writer Eric Collins’ Email: eric.collins@sandiego6.com

North County Voice
Email: mbfrancis@mbfcommunications.net

The CSUSM Pride
Email: pride@csusm.edu

KUSI
Email: [EMAIL="NEWS@KUSI.COM"]NEWS@KUSI.COM[/EMAIL]

Cloudajo - you work so hard on behalf of Amber. Thank you!

I will try to send out emails to all of these folks this week also. Let them know we are looking for information and answers.

Salem

OMG, Reptile, I had totally forgotten about Martha. Also, I did not know that her body had been found in Jesmond Dene Park. I never knew that she had been found. I remember seeing her picture around town...the poster asked that she please call her grandmother if I remember correctly. Thank you so much for bringing this up. Welcome to WS. Oh my, you might be on to something.

I actually followed Marth's case closely for a while because I did get paranoid over it.

Usually when I go to town I take my Mother along (She is somewhat disabled and it's better for her not to be at home alone) and she waits in the car when I do stuff.

When the Martha case was going on I was paranoid about stopping at any store in that area Amvet's or anything near it for quite some time worried somone might be loose who could get to my Mother, Thankfully that wore off.

It's just that I get an uneasy feeling knowing that her body was found a few miles from the school on the same road and the person who did it is still out there.

Did they know the area or live nearby or did they just choose a random spot?
No one knows, could be just a cowincidence, but it's still creepy.

Sheila Lopes disappeared in the same area of town as well and we know she wandered b/c of Alheimers, so I guess sometimes things can happen that seem they go together but don't.

Anyway I pray the cases are not related and Amber turns out to be a runaway since there were a few sightings of her around town reported on the news a few weeks back.

Cloudajo - you work so hard on behalf of Amber. Thank you!

I will try to send out emails to all of these folks this week also. Let them know we are looking for information and answers.

Salem

Salem, great, thanks. FYI, the email address I posted for North County Voice bounced back (as unknown recipient or something), so that one is not good, but the others went through.

Two articles about recent attempted abduction of two 13 yr old Escondido boys on the corner of Mission Ave and Cedar St, shortly before 8am, while walking to Mission Middle School. (I think this is a couple of miles SE of Escondido H.S.)

UPDATE: Story by two boys confirmed to be a hoax.
=========
Attempted Abduction of Two Escondido School Boys
March 30, 2009

On Monday, many Escondido parents were warned to talk to their children about being safe as they head to and from school. This is in light of an attempted abduction that took place near Mission Middle School, as two male students were walking toward school.

A voice recording made by Mission Middle School Principal Leticia Arroyo was sent by phone to the parents of all the students. In the beginning of the recording, Arroyo stated that, "At approximately 8 am, an attempt to abduct two male Mission students was attempted on the corner of Mission Avenue and Cedar St. Both the students and the parents are receiving the necessary support from the Escondido Police Department and Mission Middle School."

This and a similar recording were sent to parents at Escondido Union School District and Escondido Union High School District. Parents were warned to be cautious when it comes to their children's paths to school and to notify police if they see anything suspicious. School officials said the suspects were a black and white male driving a four-door black sedan that could possibly be a Chrysler. There is a Chargers lightning bolt sticker on the rear window of the car.

The voice recording stated that the suspects attempted to physically put two eighth grade boys in their vehicle as they were approaching school. Parents say the news is frightening.

Josephine Palaciso received the phone warning and said, "I'm scared. I want to make sure my kids get to school. I want to make sure someone's with them at all times, and I tell them, 'always watch your surroundings.'"

Parents said that, in the robo-call recording, the superintendent mentioned the case of Amber Dubois, the 14-year-old who went missing in February. Dubois' parents said the attempted abduction makes them frustrated.

Amber's father Maurice Dubois said, "Absolutely, you feel it's connected. Anytime a child is abducted and yours is still missing, you feel there is some form of a connection. Personally, how I felt? I felt real frustrated."

Carrie McGonigle, Amber's mother, said the attempted abduction proves that children are being targeted in Escondido. McGonigle said, "I know she didn't run away, so obviously someone took her. They (the police) need to find who has Amber and find who did this."

http://www.sandiego6.com/news/local/story/Attempted-Abduction-of-Two-Escondido-School-Boys/h9qYzRZxZ0up84u6zDXyCA.cspx

I didn't know that there might be a motorhome connection to this. Did the motorhome that was parked in the LA Fitness lot have a purple strip or white with purple on it? For the longest time there was a white and purple motorhome parked at different spots along Broadway and near the school and I think I even saw it in the lot of the Del Taco at Broadway and El Norte occasionally. Because it was moved around a lot I figured someone was living in it and maybe they had relatives in the area. Just the other day I realized it was gone. For some reason everytime I saw it, it bugged me.

Also, could it possibly be a camper and not a motorhome?

ESCONDIDO - Escondido police said Tuesday afternoon they have confirmed the report of a kidnapping attempt on two boys was a hoax

The report set off an alert with police and Escondido's Mission Middle School Monday after two children reported someone tried to force them into a car Monday morning.

Police say the boys made up the story, hoping to avoid school disciplinary action for a different incident.

more here

Police say the boys made up the story, hoping to avoid school disciplinary action for a different incident.

What a terrible story to create. Not only did it send the community into a panic, but it also provided Amber's family and friends with false hope that the incident could be a clue to Amber's disappearance.

This case really needs a solid lead. This child has been gone for way too long.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TexasCuriousMynd