GA - Sunday Blombergh, 28, Tifton, 22 April 2010 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Knox, I read his FB posts last night, the "death" post was made on May 18 and I only went back 1 more page so everything has been in the last few weeks. This has really turned into a puzzling case. I wonder if the other guy arrested was her new boyfriend?:waitasec:

The posts about Ruby and the separation were on May 22nd. He also wrote that same day; how do you feel when a woman you loved tells you she thinks and laughs about how bad she manipulated you while she has sex with her bf. dam I am an idiot.

Trying to figure out if this was a ruse the two of them hatched or if he and Ruby were really on the outs as he says. This would be a little over a month after Sunday had been murdered. Was the comment about having proof via Ruby's emails (wanting Sunday dead), a veiled threat to her?

The posts about Ruby and the separation were on May 22nd. He also wrote that same day; how do you feel when a woman you loved tells you she thinks and laughs about how bad she manipulated you while she has sex with her bf. dam I am an idiot.

Trying to figure out if this was a ruse the two of them hatched or if he and Ruby were really on the outs as he says. This would be a little over a month after Sunday had been murdered. Was the comment about having proof via Ruby's emails (wanting Sunday dead), a veiled threat to her?

It's hard to figure out the truth with so little facts, but we might find out RE planned this whole thing.:banghead:

I have a ? how long have HE and RE been married?

GBI, Tift Co. Sheriff detail Tift Co. murder
Posted: May 28, 2010 6:18 PM EDT
Updated: May 28, 2010 6:18 PM EDT
Video Gallery

More arrests made in missing woman murder case
2:38

ALBANY, GA (WALB) – More arrests in the murder of a Tift County woman, and Friday we know the motive behind the killing of Sunday Blombergh, a child custody dispute.

http://www.walb.com/Global/story.asp?S=12563085

That is one poorly written story...same info repeated about four times...

Anyone know if Sunday had a blackberry and if so, was it missing???

I noticed Herman commented on May 20th that he had a new toy...he went on to say "I got me a blackberry and been playing for hours..."

IMO, he has already proven HE IS THAT STUPID.

Been quite a few poorly written articles in the last 24 hours. I said before and will say again - how infuriated I am how now that her body has been discovered all the media want to jump on it (some smearing her name).. but when we emailed and pleaded for them to run a story while she was missing, no one would touch it. Not a story till a murder and arrests? BS

Still have not seen anything on the press conference today.. has anyone else?

IRONICALLY

Herman loaded the facebook for blackberry application on May 12th or 13th - an entire freaking week prior to him commenting he even had a blackberry...

like I said, HE IS THAT STUPID!

From what I see - Herman did not even mention Sunday's disappearance on his FB wall until May 10th!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

From what I see - Herman did not even mention Sunday's disappearance on his FB wall until May 10th!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He also posted everyday before she went mising and everyday after, but not the day of.

Is there a copy of his FB posts out there now? I saw the one article that was a video talking about, wasn't sure if someone captured it. I kick myself now for not doing it. I went back to early april when i was reading it. Should have thought to do it.

This reminds me so much of the Karen Slover murder in the midwest a decade or more ago...a divorced mom, having to use the in-laws as babysitters...she gets offered a modeling contract out of state, makes plans to move and then vanishes...

Turns out old mother-in-law wanted baby for herself, so she, her husband and the ex-husband,(her son) shot Karen and her body parts washed up in a lake. Later, LE was able to find the zipper or a button from her pants on their property as well as doggie DNA from their dogs on Karen and all three were convicted. Sickening.

Mother-in-law, two others charged in Blombergh death

TIFTON — Three people, including the victim's mother-in-law, have been arrested in connection with the death of Sunday Blombergh, 28, who disappeared April 22, authorities said Friday.

More arrests and charges are expected, authorities said.

Roy Herman Evans, 44, and Ruby Anne Evans, 45, both of 49 Briarwood Lane in southern Tift County near Lenox, are each charged with murder. Kenneth Randall Tomlinson, 48, of 311 Virginia Ave., Apt. 422, in Tifton, is charged with concealing Blombergh’s death.

The Evanses are husband and wife, and Ruby Evans is the mother of Sunday Blombergh’s estranged husband, who is the father of Blombergh’s seven-year-old daughter.

Tomlinson is a friend of Herman Evans, according to authorities. All three are being held in the Tift County Jail without bond and were expected to make their first court appearance Friday afternoon.

District Attorney Paul Bowden said there could be additional charges made against the Evans couple and Tomlinson, and also there could be additional arrests when his office has “the opportunity to review the file.”

“We met at length and talked about different individuals involved in the investigation and death,” Bowden said. “At least one more will be arrested.”

During a press conference Friday at the Tift County Sheriff’s Office, GBI agent Mark Pro said one of the trio arrested had cooperated with authorities and led them to Blombergh’s body. A person involved in the investigation confirmed that Tomlinson was the cooperative suspect. When asked if anyone had confessed to killing Blombergh, Bowden responded, “We’re not at liberty to comment on specifics of what the evidence will show.”

Blombergh’s badly decomposed body was found Thursday afternoon in a wooded area in Colquitt County near the Tift County line, authorities said. The body was found in deep woods accessed from near the bridge at the dead end of Vickers Bridge Road, said Colquitt County Coroner Verlyn Brock. The location was between Ellenton and Lenox.

Brock said he was called out to that area at about 1:15 p.m. Thursday. The condition of the body prevented him from determining the person’s sex or age, he said. The body was turned over to the Tift County Coroner’s Office.

“It is our expectation that evidence will show that Sunday and her child lived with Ruby and, basically, Ruby wanted the child,” said Tift County Sheriff Gary Vowell. “Sunday was preparing to move to Tallahassee to go to work and had decided to leave the child with Ruby so she could finish the school year.”

Vowell said that he and others involved in the investigation didn’t believe Blombergh had been held against her will for any period of time before she was killed. He said he couldn’t exactly say the date of her death and that her body had been sent to a GBI crime lab for an autopsy that, it is hoped, will determine the time and manner of her death.

Authorities on Thursday searched the house at 49 Briarwood Lane that Blombergh and her daughter had shared with the Evans couple; the house had been searched previously. Pro, the Georgia Bureau of Investigation’s assistant special agent in charge of the case, said authorities returned to gather more evidence Thursday after interviews with suspects.

[....snipped / removed unnecessary heresay]

Late Thursday afternoon, David Haire, public information officer for the sheriff’s office, told the Gazette that the family had been notified that Blombergh’s body had been found, but he refused further comment and would not say where or when the body was discovered, or if foul play was suspected, or if anyone had been arrested.

However, Colquitt County Sheriff Al Whittington later confirmed that a man had been charged in connection with the case.

The GBI’s “Mark Pro will clear up any questions and illustrate why information wasn’t disseminated sooner,” Sheriff Vowell said during the press conference Friday.

“We were in the process of recovering Sunday’s body and interviewing and obtaining warrants,” Vowell said. “In no way was there any conspiracy or mystery pertaining to this case. We just wanted to get it right the first time. I hope you understand, especially my local media folks.”

Blombergh was the subject of an extended search after she disappeared. Her sisters told The Tifton Gazette that Blombergh had past drug problems but was believed to have been clean for some time and doing well.

Reportedly, Blombergh was packing in preparation for one of her sisters to transport her to Tallahassee, Fla., where she was starting a new job, on the day she disappeared.

Jennifer Caswell, a family friend who served as captain of “Team Sunday,” said during the press conference that it was important to note that Sunday was “a beautiful person with a beautiful smile.”

“She was a loving mother and the family is absolutely torn apart with this loss,” Caswell said. “There has been an outpouring of love and prayers.”

Caswell praised the GBI, the Tift Sheriff’s Office, Tallahassee Police, the Florida Department of Law Enforcement, and agents with the Department of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms and with the Drug Enforcement Agency for their work in the case.

“They’ve been wonderful,” Caswell said. “We will continue to pray and do what it takes to get justice from whomever was involved and get through this. It’s inconceivable that there’s such a disrespect for human life. It’s horrible and it’s a nightmare. Sunday’s family would never knowingly put Sunday in danger. We want the people to know who did the crime.”

Pro said that evidence indicates that drug use was a factor by some of those involved in the case, but he didn’t elaborate. He said Blombergh’s daughter was removed from the Briarwood Lane home as soon as her mother was reported missing. He wouldn’t say who had the child but indicated the young girl was safe.

Caswell said that Blombergh’s family “had no reason to believe that she was still on drugs. She was doing very well,” Caswell said. “Everybody has their problems, but Sunday was doing great.”

Although the outcome was not what had been hoped, Pro said it was a blessing for the family that the mystery of Blombergh’s disappearance had been solved so quickly.

“It’s closure for the family,” Pro said. “Tara Grinstead’s family is still living their nightmare.”

Grinstead, an Irwin County High School teacher, disappeared from Ocilla without a trace on Oct. 22, 2005.

The body was found in deep woods accessed from near the bridge at the dead end of Vickers Bridge Road, said Colquitt County Coroner Verlyn Brock. The location was between Ellenton and Lenox.

According to google maps, all that time Sunday was less than a 30 minute drive from the house on Briarwood Lane - barely 20 miles.

:mad: May the murdering SOB's all rot in hell.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Sunday you deserved so much more out of life :rose: Rest in peace beautiful girl.

Memorial Day Weekend has just taken on a whole new meaning to those that were lucky enough to know you!

So who thinks the 4th to be charged is Theo?
I personally don't.. but who knows?

[URL="http://tiftongazette.com/local/x1174313739/ ...
“It is our expectation that evidence will show that Sunday and her child lived with Ruby and, basically, Ruby wanted the child,” said Tift County Sheriff Gary Vowell. “Sunday was preparing to move to Tallahassee to go to work and had decided to leave the child with Ruby so she could finish the school year.”

So if Sunday was not taking Isabella to Tallahassee that day, why did they kill her on that day?

Maybe the argued about her taking the child that day and they just...killed her...they may not have planned to do it that day...

Maybe Sunday told Ruby she changed her mind and wanted to take her back to Florida that day. At any rate, it would have only been a month before school was out. Izzy would not have been with Ruby for long.

That is just of many questions I have too.

So who thinks the 4th to be charged is Theo?
I personally don't.. but who knows?

Where did Herman's daughter live...what was she doing the day Sunday went missing? It sounds like she's just horrible enough to help daddy in a crime.

One question:

According to media reports, Sunday had planned to leave Izzy there while she went to florida. Is that correct? Why would they kill her over Izzy if she was leaving Izzy there anyway?? ETA: sorry, Bmore...didn't see your post. Thanks for asking..you aren't the only one who's confused!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong