Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, 43, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 - #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks....In relation to the bit i've highlighted in your quote......I secretly wish she had a man in that latter stage of her life.....Not in a way to add to the gossip here.................But, I would love it, if at the last stage of her life, she had someone who loved her and cherished her, in a way that only a loving partner can. It seems by the talk here, that GBC may have moved on and that the family were even aware of this other lady.............................I just hope she felt loved when she died.....that different kind of love (not kids, friends, parents). I dont think so though :(

I have heard that she did ........... but have not wanted to say it, for fear of being shot down!

Can anyone confirm the car that was crashed was TM's??

I too thought back to the lady hugging Gran BC at the letterbox. Was that TM?

The tweet mentioned a few posts above was interesting when I read it a week ago. At the time I was thinking it was in support of GBC... but in light of these developments, could it have been in support of TM?

On Sunrise (ch 7) news report it was said QPS are investigating whether an accomplice a) assisted in carrying out the murder or b) assisted in dumping the body.

Someone has got their hands very dirty
Good point about the car crashed GBC. Knowing where it was that he crashed, I have always suspected he has done that on purpose to hide evidence on the right hand side of the car (i.e. perhaps ABC was run-down). Admit this is only a wild speculation.

You know him don't you!

Here is a challenge for those amoung us who fancy themselves as budding detectives....

Challenge 1:

Find the web page/s which shows the origins of the name Baden-Clay?

Hint: Grandmother was born Betty Baden-Powell (daughter of Lord Badenn Powell) and became Betty Clay in her early twenties when she married and remainded Betty Clay for the next 60 odd years untill her death (never had the name Baden-Clay). Betty had 4 kids all of whom were surnamed Clay, albeit one son, Robin, had the 2nd name of Baden (i.e. Robin Baden CLAY, not Robin BADEN-CLAY). One of those kids Nigel (GBCs father) changed his surname name by deed poll to Baden-Clay. Ask yourself why does a person do that when their parents, brothers and sisters all have the surname CLAY? Perhaps being able to milk the link to Lord Baden-Clay for all its worth... or perhaps they just liked the name. The unanswered bit... when did the change of name occur (i.e. before or after GBC born). Over to you super-sleuths.

Now get cracking!

Crack this one and I'll post your next challenge!

There was no 'Lord Baden-Clay' - Baden-Powell.
GBC and his siblings were born as 'Clay'. NBC changed the surname by deed poll after they were born.

You know him don't you!

Here is a challenge for those amoung us who fancy themselves as budding detectives....

Challenge 1:

Hint: Grandmother was born Betty Baden-Powell (daughter of Lord Badenn Powell) and became Betty Clay in her early twenties when she married and remainded Betty Clay for the next 60 odd years untill her death (never had the name Baden-Clay). Betty had 4 kids all of whom were surnamed Clay, albeit one son, Robin, had the 2nd name of Baden (i.e. Robin Baden CLAY, not Robin BADEN-CLAY). One of those kids Nigel (GBCs father) changed his surname name by deed poll to Baden-Clay. Ask yourself why does a person do that when their parents, brothers and sisters all have the surname CLAY? Perhaps being able to milk the link to Lord Baden-Clay for all its worth... or perhaps they just liked the name. The unanswered bit... when did the change of name occur (i.e. before or after GBC born). Over to you super-sleuths.

Now get cracking!

Crack this one and I'll post your next challenge!

I don't have a link, but someone has already posted that Nigelaine changed their name from Clay to Baden-Clay by deed poll shortly after they were married. :shrug:

GBC and his siblings were born as 'Clay'. NBC changed the surname by deed poll after they were born.

Sorry, maybe I got that wrong then..

Cute, but the emoticons are making me nauseous... Or maybe I'm feeling ill thinking about tomorrow...

Need to take some time out and cuddle up under your brownie rug with a warm washer on your face and clean socks <3

Cute, but the emoticons are making me nauseous... Or maybe I'm feeling ill thinking about tomorrow...

Completely off topic but I'm going with you on that,...it all seems a little bit silly with all the emoticons popping up all over.

Just my take on it people...don't shoot me..lol.

You know him don't you!

Challenge 1:

LOL cute.

That was actually linked back in about thread 2-3 - although, now we're up to about 200 pages, that doesn't make things any easier, lol

Hey there Coolcat....I just wanted to comment on your previous post where you said something like (and I should have just quoted this, Im sorry) the family of GBC should not claim she had depreession unless they are willing to say why she had it?
I would just like to remind people that often there is no why.....sure people can suffer depression due to circumstances they struggle to cope with..(all of us most likely deal with this at some point)..But when you have clinical depression,....there is often no reason for your sadness and despair..IT JUST IS...I am talking as a person who has suffered depression for many years...sometimes because my life was ****...but often I just was......its a very important point I think...and also, someone (for example family that really dont know you at all like IN LAWS for example, well they man say 'oh she was depressed' because they think she must be...but people can hide this very well for a time and unless you are close to someone, you really are just assuming

I too have suffered terribly with Depression and have moments of highs and Lows..But it is not for anyone else to comment on and use as an excuse for certain behaviour and my point in saying this RE: Olivias comments were because given what we suspect GBC was having an affair this could possibly be a reason for her depression provided she actually suffered from it in the first place. So for GBC's family to openly state and insinuate her disappearance could be due to depression is insulting and just plain disrespectful.

Wouldn't it have been easier or nicer for them to have said "Allison Please come home and if there is anything we can do for you we can help?" But "NO!" it sounded more like an accusation and rather blaz'e in the tone of the whole statement....IMO

so like I said before had Allison just dissapeared and not been murdered if I were her I would of been Damn Cranky that she had told the world that I was depressed.

I too have suffered terribly with Depression and have moments of highs and Lows..But it is not for anyone else to comment on and use as an excuse for certain behaviour and my point in saying this RE: Olivias comments were because given what we suspect GBC was having an affair this could possibly be a reason for her depression provided she actually suffered from it in the first place. So for GBC's family to openly state and insinuate her disappearance could be due to depression is insulting and just plain disrespectful.

Wouldn't it have been easier or nicer for them to have said "Allison Please come home and if there is anything we can do for you we can help?" But "NO!" it sounded more like an accusation and rather blaz'e in the tone of the whole statement....IMO

so like I said before had Allison just dissapeared and not been murdered if I were her I would of been Damn Cranky that she had told the world that I was depressed.

Like any illness....it's personal - no reason to announce it to the world. Was totally not respectful. She was planting a seed IMO!

So if I were to kill someone, I could tell my lawyer the absolute truth and they would still stand there and say that I didn't do it? Is that how it works?

Also if the police didn't suspect GBC, wouldn't they publicly rule him out for the sake of the children and families involved??

No! If a client admits guilt they are apparently obliged to tell client to plead guilty and from what I understand can not represent client if they are aware of guilt and client won't plead guilty??

I work in Law Firm and I am sure this is how it has been explained to me...I could be wrong and am happy to be corrected!

Just a quick note. I am very close in age and name and location to ABC and seems that so many of us are getting breast cancer. What cuts me up is that Allison didn't get to say goodbye. She just became one of those dreaded knocks on the door for SHE and they were too young. I hope that her service does her justice.

Me too possumheart. I was one of three girls whose mum died of breast cancer when I was 13. Now I have three girls myself and am a few years older than Allison, and this is why this crime has really struck a chord with me. Those poor little darling daughters. They will never get over this trauma. I can stop thinking about them. RIP Allison.

Hi all

First time poster here. Been reading since thread one.

Re - the car that had the accident -

The car that had the accident at Indroo has 7 spokes in the wheel. The one parked outside the office of Century 21 has 10 spokes in the wheel.

Same colour and make of car though I think.

G

Thanks....In relation to the bit i've highlighted in your quote......I secretly wish she had a man in that latter stage of her life.....Not in a way to add to the gossip here.................But, I would love it, if at the last stage of her life, she had someone who loved her and cherished her, in a way that only a loving partner can. It seems by the talk here, that GBC may have moved on and that the family were even aware of this other lady.............................I just hope she felt loved when she died.....that different kind of love (not kids, friends, parents). I dont think so though :(

It would make a real difference for her to have had someone special in her life that recognised and respected the beauty and love she had to give (not just to her children...that s different, its infinite and overflowing, but it doesn't always complete you) if this is where her marriage had ended up, then I hope and pray she met someone DAMN FINE........and, well, you know the rest

If he did kill ABC, would an insurance payout still be made? Obviously not to him, but to the kids?

I havent a clue.....I dont know anything about insurance....But, if he isn't named as a beneficiary, and the girls are....I cant see why they wouldn't get paid out. They never hurt Allison, someone else did. I think with them being minors, it goes into some form of trust until they reach a certain age.

With it being a murder though, I dont know if or how that may make it different...It may change everything.

im guessing it would be null and void on a murder
I don't think it would. Usually it is only within the first 12 months that there is a stipulation that if you suicide it doesn't get paid out.

Wouldn't be surprised if the siblings revert back to "Clay" by deed poll after this episode ... Gotta feel sorry for those indirectly involved

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ignoreme123