Skyla Whitaker, 11, & Taylor Placker 13 - Found Murdered - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just don't see why two young girls would leave home, walk 15 minutes to a bridge, then turn right around and head home. That is assuming that they have evidence that the girls reached the bridge. I would think they would hang around there, not just turn around and head right back. But according to that map, they were shot between Taylor's home and the bridge. And there's a very narrow time frame for all this to happen in.
If they went to the bridge, then they travelled 1.25 miles in less than 30 minutes:
3/4 mile to the bridge
1/2 mile back to where they were found
That doesn't allow for any time for goofing off at the bridge, which makes me think they saw something there. Not necessarily drugs, but it had to be something criminal enough that the perpetrator had to kill them to prevent them from telling.
(and then there's one more scenario too creepy to even think let alone type)

I just don't see why two young girls would leave home, walk 15 minutes to a bridge, then turn right around and head home. That is assuming that they have evidence that the girls reached the bridge. I would think they would hang around there, not just turn around and head right back. But according to that map, they were shot between Taylor's home and the bridge. And there's a very narrow time frame for all this to happen in.
If they went to the bridge, then they travelled 1.25 miles in less than 30 minutes:
3/4 mile to the bridge
That doesn't allow for any time for goofing off at the bridge, which makes me think they saw something there. Not necessarily drugs, but it had to be something criminal enough that the perpetrator had to kill them to prevent them from telling.

What??

3/4 mile to the bridge

Did I read somewhere where the grandfather had told the one little girl to come right back - dinner or something?

WELEETKA, Okla. -- A source told Eyewitness News 5 Thursday that law enforcement officials are interviewing somebody who claims to have seen two slain girls moments before they were killed.
http://www.koco.com/news/16547383/detail.html

Great! If they saw the girls...chances are good they would have seen the shooters. Now they might be getting somewhere!! (LE better protect their identity at all cost, too.) There is no question as to why this information wasn't given to LE moments after the murders. The person witheld it for a good reason. Fear of retalitation would be my guess.

I didn't see where it said the info wasn't given to LE right after the murders. :waitasec: I get the impression that the press is just now finding out about it, via leaks, and just now reporting it.

If it is a gang situation, which I personally think someone traveling more than an hour's drive from the two local hotbeds is a bit much to ask, maybe they won't talk.
Where do you think they make their transactions for drugs and guns? Where do think those things come from? Oklahoma is the pipeline to the rest of the country because of location and the unpopulated areas with the lack of coverage from LE. Counties in OK have a limited number of officers to cover as much as 2,000 square miles. Most small towns have two or three officers (if they have any) and rural areas rely on the Sheriff's Dept. only.

I think that who ever did this was up to no good and the girls may have seen something or someone they could identify. Maybe even the car plates if not the individuals. I think that is what prompted this..the perps where up to something and knew the girls saw something and could ID them.

That's what I think too. A murder is what they saw. Even if the killers came out of the woods and then saw the girls they couldn't be sure exactly what they saw if anything but would recall specifics when questioned by LE. Wouldn't have to be locals at all just an off road that looked like a good place to do it. They could've killed someone in the woods and was placing the body in the trunk or truck bed to dump at another location. This is another possibilty that would explain the situation and manner they were killed.

I didn't see where it said the info wasn't given to LE right after the murders. :waitasec: I get the impression that the press is just now finding out about it, via leaks, and just now reporting it.
Could be now that you mention it. Maybe that is where they first got the idea there were 3 suspects and then backed off.

Have any of you seen printed where anyone heard gunshots? Especially the high powered gun would be loud. The girls were not that far away from the family home nor the neighbor who had seen them walking by. I feel so sorry for the families of these precious children.

I haven't had time to read up on everything here, mostly I have been just hearing the news and watching my grandson, and that takes up most of my time.

There has been no mention of anyone hearing gunshots, but in the area it is a normal occurrence and people would not have been alarmed at the sound. The group of boys were shooting off their shotguns at the bridge that day, too.

Can a high powered gun be silenced?

Yes, but it likely wasn't necessary.

(I doubt that gangbangers are going to have silenced weapons. Most silenced weapons are small calibre, usually .22's. Larger guns can be silenced but the silencers are larger and they aren't as quiet. Only military class guns would be truly quiet.)

First, the area was used as a shooting range by the locals. Gunshots would be common. If the shooters were locals or outsiders familiar with the area, they would know this.

Second, the killers shot and ran. They didn't care about noise, they were long gone by the time the bodies were found.

ETA: Terrain (hills and forest) can severely muffle the sound of gunfire. It is not inconceivable that the shots would have been audible at the girl's home.

Have any of you seen printed where anyone heard gunshots? Especially the high powered gun would be loud. The girls were not that far away from the family home nor the neighbor who had seen them walking by. I feel so sorry for the families of these precious children.

I haven't had time to read up on everything here, mostly I have been just hearing the news and watching my grandson, and that takes up most of my time.

Apparently, shooting is a favorite pasttime, so people don't really pay attention to shooters. If I recall correctly, no one has stated they heard shots prior to the killings.

As to the witness, the media is reporting this person saw the girls just prior to the shooting, but there is no word on seeing anyone else. It sounds like the shooter(s) did a U-turn, which could account for the witness not seeing another vehicle.

I still wonder about the boys who were shooting. Although they were 3 miles away, it doesn't take long to drive 3 miles. Maybe they did a thrill killing after practice shooting the 3 miles away. One would think, however, that their guns have been examined and must not be the right ones.

If the witness saw the girls shortly before...it would depend on the direction they were traveling. Coming towards Taylor's house, they may not have seen the other vehicle. However, traveling the other way...it would make sense they did because the car would have been coming towards them or in the area right before the murders. The key is that they saw the girls shortly before so the other vehicle was near there at the time.

If the witness saw the girls shortly before...it would depend on the direction they were traveling. Coming towards Taylor's house, they may not have seen the other vehicle. However, traveling the other way...it would make sense they did because the car would have been coming towards them or in the area right before the murders. The key is that they saw the girls shortly before so the other vehicle was near there at the time.

IF ANYONE HEARS OF A NEWS CONFERENCE OR ANY SHOW THAT IS GOING TO HAVE AN UPDATE ON THIS TRAGEDY, PLEASE LET ME KNOW. THANKS!!!

(and welcome Torsade - is this the case that brought you to WS?)

A spokesman with the Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation said detectives still have no suspects in the girls' deaths. Investigators are back at the scene on Thursday, authorities said, looking into angles from where the girls were found.

http://www.koco.com/news/16547383/detail.html

WELEETKA — Investigators have blocked off the dirt road this afternoon where two girls were found shot to death Sunday evening.

Agents can be seen using global positioning devices, possibly to map the area where Taylor Dawn Paschal-Placker, 13, and Skyla Jade Whitaker, 11, were found shot to death in a ditch along a dirt road less than a mile from Taylor's home Sunday evening.

http://newsok.com/area-near-weleetk...searched-again/article/3256493/?tm=1213292622

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Countrygirlwv