GUILTY NC - Clara Slayton, 3, beaten & scalded to death, Robeson County, 27 June 2008

this tragedy sat without comment for these last few housr-Everyone must be as tired as I am of these horrible stories.

The aunt has not been charged at all-but lE took no time taking the uncle into custody and upgrading the charges when she died. Where are her own parents I wonder, and I am afraid to ask??

this tragedy sat without comment for these last few housr-Everyone must be as tired as I am of these horrible stories.

The aunt has not been charged at all-but lE took no time taking the uncle into custody and upgrading the charges when she died. Where are her own parents I wonder, and I am afraid to ask??

B, I agree with you as well. I was almost too afraid to look at this thread. In the meantime I've tried looking for more information on this and there's not much out there yet.

Rest in peace lil Clara. Poor baby.

I'm so sick of these "men" beating babies. Poor little Clara. I wonder too where the parents are since the article states Clara was living with her aunt and uncle since January.

I just can't click the link :( . Too many of these stories lately, BUT they do need to stay pushed to the front of our collective minds.

another disgusting story. I wonder why this child was living with an aunt and uncle.

I guarantee you the grandmother and probably others knew this crap was going on. This little girl was brutally murdered either because she got up early, or because she was hungry. I did click on the link, and the fact that the grandmother came over and fed her a peanut butter sandwich tells me that she came because someone had called her because they knew they had already harmed the child; because of hunger most likely. I can't post what I want to do to this . That is not nearly as frustrating as not being able to DO it to him. I hope someone tries to carjack me or abduct me tomorrow on the way to work!!! Honestly...... if I were some big old biker dude; I would find a bar right now to pick a fight! I am feeling the need to hurt a bad guy!!! REAL BAD!!!

The uncle has sores on his face... does that mean he is a meth head?

I read all of these threads and I am just astounded at the amount of children in the US that are murdered. How is it that this is allowed to go on?

It's almost to where I can't open the threads anymore let alone the detailed news links.

It's almost to where I can't open the threads anymore let alone the detailed news links.

Me too Taxi, these ones are especially hard for me since my DD is 3 years old and I know who sweet and innocent they are at this age. It makes me sick that people can harm and innocent child over and over again while this poor baby is crying.

I read all of these threads and I am just astounded at the amount of children in the US that are murdered. How is it that this is allowed to go on?

It's fascinating, in a sad way. Our society as a whole talks a *lot* about how precious children are, that they are our greatest resource (because they are our future), etc. Yet when it comes right down to it, when a parent abuses or murders their child, the courts hand down ridiculously short sentences for their crime while saying what a tragedy it is that yet another parent has abused or murdered a child, what will we ever do to stop this epidemic, etc.

Our judicial system, while it's made up of real humans, seems to operate on the premise that as long as it's a parent committing the crimes, our society's children (the same ones that are so precious and are our future) are disposable.

God must be having such a good time playing with all those toddlers and babies up in heaven......

baby-angel.jpg

~~~~~RIP Baby Clara~~~~~

God must be having such a good time playing with all those toddlers and babies up in heaven......

baby-angel.jpg

~~~~~RIP Baby Clara~~~~~

While I consider my faith to be very strong, all this hurt and harm to these children bothers me. I'm not necessarily angry with God, but pissed at the devil and the creeps that say yes to the ideas planted in their heads. I'm really just so sick of it all I could scream.

It's fascinating, in a sad way. Our society as a whole talks a *lot* about how precious children are, that they are our greatest resource (because they are our future), etc. Yet when it comes right down to it, when a parent abuses or murders their child, the courts hand down ridiculously short sentences for their crime while saying what a tragedy it is that yet another parent has abused or murdered a child, what will we ever do to stop this epidemic, etc.

Our judicial system, while it's made up of real humans, seems to operate on the premise that as long as it's a parent committing the crimes, our society's children (the same ones that are so precious and are our future) are disposable.

Good point, Lisa. How's that song go? "I believe that children are our future. Teach them well...." Something like that. Then those sayings like "It takes a village". Seems to be a bunch of BS. Just words.

Are we the only culutre that doesn't judge by how society treats it's children and elderly? If we did we're doing a rotten job.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SashaRhea82
Back