TX - Jonathan Foster, 12, Houston, 24 Dec 2010 - #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe there was confusion because the Amber Alert was issued at 9:30 - she had called earlier than that. There as an article I read last night that stated this. It was stupid because the article said it was "strategy" on the part of LE because they "didn't want to be overwhelmed with information". WTF?????:banghead: I will see if I can find the article.

Here is the artcle and a section snipped by me:

"Patrol responds by like 3:30 p.m. and they're there from 3:30 to 4:15 or so," Harris said. The family was told to go to HPD's station on Mykawa Road to file an official missing child report with the juvenile division. Officers there entered details about Jonathan into the national crime information center database about 9:30 p.m., Harris said. He explained that the decision to hold off issuing an Amber Alert for Jonathan until Tuesday evening was a deliberate strategy by investigators.
Police knew that without a vehicle type or suspect description, a vague alert would generate a flood of information, some of it potentially useful, but much of it simply overwhelming, he said."

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/chronicle/7356276.html

I want to know too Linda.. either that was info NOT supposed to be released or the reporter really screwed up some facts. it was kinda detailed so my guess is, it wasn't supposed to be released.

I agree!

I may be way off base with this but maybe SD had company over to smoke crack ( or some use some other substance) and the kid was gonna tell his mom.

I believe there was confusion because the Amber Alert was issued at 9:30 - she had called earlier than that. There as an article I read last night that stated this. It was stupid because the article said it was "strategy" on the part of LE because they "didn't want to be overwhelmed with information". WTF?????:banghead: I will see if I can find the article.

but the amber alert wasn't issued until monday, not 9:30pm friday night.

link: http://www.click2houston.com/news/26291558/detail.html

but the amber alert wasn't issued until monday, not 9:30pm friday night.

link: http://www.click2houston.com/news/26291558/detail.html

snipped from article: An Amber Alert was issued Monday for a 12-year-old boy who has been missing since Christmas Eve.

jade:

"Patrol responds by like 3:30 p.m. and they're there from 3:30 to 4:15 or so," Harris said. The family was told to go to HPD's station on Mykawa Road to file an official missing child report with the juvenile division. Officers there entered details about Jonathan into the national crime information center database about 9:30 p.m., Harris said. He explained that the decision to hold off issuing an Amber Alert for Jonathan until Tuesday evening was a deliberate strategy by investigators.
Police knew that without a vehicle type or suspect description, a vague alert would generate a flood of information, some of it potentially useful, but much of it simply overwhelming, he said."

See if this works for me or not. This was taken in 08, we were in MO fighting for custody for the twins, which r on the lower left and right, we lived in MS at the time but had come up to MO for a visit. U can see he was happy and loved, this r all his cousins he has, his other aunt doesn't have kids so those r the children that I have to support and comfort if this burned body does turn out to be in fact jonathan

SDC10154.jpg

See if this works for me or not. This was taken in 08, we were in MO fighting for custody for the twins, which r on the lower left and right, we lived in MS at the time but had come up to MO for a visit. U can see he was happy and loved, this r all his cousins he has, his other aunt doesn't have kids so those r the children that I have to support and comfort if this burned body does turn out to be in fact jonathan
SDC10154.jpg

They are so sweet. I do hope you will reach out for help. This is so hard for an adult. I can't imagine the toll it will take on your babies.

If you don't mind could you tell us a little bit about Johnathan? What he liked type things

jade:

thank you for posting the link. they were concerned that they would have too much information regarding a missing little boy and they didn't want to work any tips from an amber alert that would "overwhelm them" until monday after their holiday. That is disgusting.

I have typed up twice a big long post about Jonathan and both times it didn't post.

I am posting this, my mom wrote this for Jonathan, even though she isn't his biological grandmother she still played that roll while he lived with us.

*It's not the answer prayed for. It's not what we wanted to hear. My mind refuses to allow me to connect you with the*words I am reading on the reports. Not Jonathon, it's not the child I knew. The Jonathon I know continues to smile that embarrassed little smile, the one that plays timidly at the corners of his mouth. The Jonathon I know, his*eyes continue to see the things that made him happy,*a new litter of furry puppies, his granny smiling at*him with pride, fireworks displays and fish caught on*a line. *And not the Jonathon with the incrediable appetite, always grateful for the second helping. No, I can't put that together with the horrible reality of a world gone mad where a young boy is disregarded completely. No, I will keep my memory of you as the last time I saw you, walking into that airport in Tulsa, walking with a sense of purpose. You were going to go see granny, you were happy. The last time I was near you you were being gently transported into a cloudless sky. You still are. Relax into the arms of*the one who bears you now to your ultimate comfort. Smile into the face* of the wonderful counselor. Open your eyes to the beauty none of us have yet seen. *It wasn't the answer we prayed for but*we continue to pray for the peace that passes understanding."

Reneeloveyou I am happy you are back with us this morning; hope you were able to get some rest.

What a cute pic of the little cousins... looks like a fun day at the playground!

The tribute your mother wrote is beautiful, very touching & so filled with love.

I removed this post because it appears to BE some sicko posting about it because it keeps disappearing ! :mad:

Beautiful words, Reneeloveyou. You have a beautiful family. My prayers go out to all of you.

I am posting this, my mom wrote this for Jonathan, even though she isn't his biological grandmother she still played that roll while he lived with us.

*It's not the answer prayed for. It's not what we wanted to hear. My mind refuses to allow me to connect you with the*words I am reading on the reports. Not Jonathon, it's not the child I knew. The Jonathon I know continues to smile that embarrassed little smile, the one that plays timidly at the corners of his mouth. The Jonathon I know, his*eyes continue to see the things that made him happy,*a new litter of furry puppies, his granny smiling at*him with pride, fireworks displays and fish caught on*a line. *And not the Jonathon with the incredible appetite, always grateful for the second helping. No, I can't put that together with the horrible reality of a world gone mad where a young boy is disregarded completely. No, I will keep my memory of you as the last time I saw you, walking into that airport in Tulsa, walking with a sense of purpose. You were going to go see granny, you were happy. The last time I was near you you were being gently transported into a cloudless sky. You still are. Relax into the arms of*the one who bears you now to your ultimate comfort. Smile into the face* of the wonderful counselor. Open your eyes to the beauty none of us have yet seen. *It wasn't the answer we prayed for but*we continue to pray for the peace that passes understanding."

That was so incredibly moving, thanks for sharing. (((((((((((((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

SDC10154.jpg
beautiful! Jonathan looks like such a happy boy while in your care and with his cousins. Im sorry he ever had to leave your care. I am bawling right now and feel horrible for you and your family and the terror you must be feeling...prayers to you all.... prayers for Jonathan...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Drury Lane