ZFG Civil Case: Casey's Deposition #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
If they subpeoned her to appear that means they finally know where she is! If I remember correctly, they were having that challenge.
IIRC, the subpeona was served to her lawyer for her appearance. There were articles posted about that when it occurred, again IIRC

If they subpeoned her to appear that means they finally know where she is! If I remember correctly, they were having that challenge.

Yes, they know exactly where she was- Matt Morgan was interviewed after they found her and said it had taken his investigators months to locate her but weren't able to serve her, so Mason finally agreed to accept service for
her. I think Morgan's investigators would have laid seige to her residence if he hadn't so he had not much choice at that point. She and all her attys
have to be dragged kicking and screaming to do the right thing.

Yes, they know exactly where she was- Matt Morgan was interviewed after they found her and said it had taken his investigators months to locate her but weren't able to serve her, so Mason finally agreed to accept service for
her. I think Morgan's investigators would have laid seige to her residence if he hadn't so he had not much choice at that point. She and all her attys
have to be dragged kicking and screaming to do the right thing.

Doesn't she know you can run but you can't hide! Funny, no matter where she goes she will be the most hated woman in the world, she might as well just get major surgery and change her face because know one likes it.

Wesh.com has expanded their information on the ZG hearing today, including a clip of Bob Kealing reporting and lawyers from each side commenting - worth watching for those interested in what is going on.

http://www.wesh.com/news/casey-anth...uit/-/13479888/16852912/-/84lodk/-/index.html

I am not so worried now - and they say "Anthony" will have to attend the trial.

PS: don't be put off by the clip that looks like it more FCA video diary stuff - that is all of her you will see.

Wesh.com has expanded their information on the ZG hearing today, including a clip of Bob Kealing reporting and lawyers from each side commenting - worth watching for those interested in what is going on.

http://www.wesh.com/news/casey-anth...uit/-/13479888/16852912/-/84lodk/-/index.html

I am not so worried now - and they say "Anthony" will have to attend the trial.

PS: don't be put off by the clip that looks like it more FCA video diary stuff - that is all of her you will see.

That was interesting. Why can't Casey plead the 5th if her appeals have
been resolved before then?
I noticed Mr Greene had to stab George one more time... this man is as bad
as Casey. She can certainly pick 'em.

I'm trying to remember if OJ had his civil trial moved to another venue?
Anyone know?

I'm trying to remember if OJ had his civil trial moved to another venue?
Anyone know?
Ding, Ding, Ding!:seeya: I know the answer to that. His civil trial was held in Santa Monica, where the crimes were actually committed, as opposed to downtown L.A., where the criminal trial was held. He had a jury of his rich peers.

I agree - we've seen this nastiness in him before - think it's just second nature to him.

Good question for AZLawyer!

If her appeal is denied, she can't plead the 5th, because the criminal case would be over and she wouldn't be in danger of any further criminal prosecution if she is forced to testify.

If her appeal is granted and she gets her new trial on the lying convictions, she could still plead the 5th until that trial is resolved.

If her appeal is denied, she can't plead the 5th, because the criminal case would be over and she wouldn't be in danger of any further criminal prosecution if she is forced to testify.

If her appeal is granted and she gets her new trial on the lying convictions, she could still plead the 5th until that trial is resolved.
Ok...I know this is a silly question, but if she's granted a new trial and loses, could she be subjected to the penalties/sentencing guidelines that Caylee's Law (IMHO, that's what it should be called) provides. Now wouldn't that be KARMA!!

From the article. The bolding is done by me;

...Anthony's defense argues the crux of the suit is a visit Anthony's mother, Cindy, made to her daughter while Casey Anthony was in jail.

Casey Anthony, Gonzalez's lawyers argue, told her mother Gonzalez had not been ruled out as a suspect in Caylee's disappearance, and Cindy Anthony relayed that information to reporters, thrusting Gonzalez into a media firestorm.

Gonzalez "must allege and prove that both [Cindy Anthony] and [Casey Anthony] participated in the egregious conduct" in order to have a viable claim for punitive damages, the new defense motion states....

No kidding, the point of the suit is that KC KNEW the child was already dead and therefore ZFG couldn't have been responsible and she didn't do anything to dispel the myth. JMO

Ok...I know this is a silly question, but if she's granted a new trial and loses, could she be subjected to the penalties/sentencing guidelines that Caylee's Law (IMHO, that's what it should be called) provides. Now wouldn't that be KARMA!!

No, she can't be charged with a violation of Caylee's Law at this point, regardless of what happens with her appeal on the lying to LE charges. Besides, IMO it would probably be unconstitutional to apply Caylee's Law to anyone who has caused the disappearance of the child by their own criminal act. You can't force people to incriminate themselves.

No, she can't be charged with a violation of Caylee's Law at this point, regardless of what happens with her appeal on the lying to LE charges. Besides, IMO it would probably be unconstitutional to apply Caylee's Law to anyone who has caused the disappearance of the child by their own criminal act. You can't force people to incriminate themselves.

Interesting! I thought the law was made for people who caused the disappearance of a child. Who else wouldn't report it?:what:

What is the point of the law if not to force people to report a missing child in a timely /appropriate manner?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member