Ex-FBI employee claims she saw angels at 9/11 Flight 93 crash site

Nova, I think our belief system is so different that we would never agree on what this woman possibly did or did not see. For all I know, she didn't see diddly-squat. My belief system, however, leaves guardian angels open as a possibility.

As for where the "angels" could get in a timely fashion to prevent XYZ, I'm sure they could have if that had been God's will. Again, my belief system supports this and I gather that yours does not. Never the twain shall meet.

Regardless, based on what DID happen, I was offering possibilities for why a guardian angel would possibly be in that field.

beachy, I suspect our belief systems aren't as different as this thread may have led you to believe.

Let's recall that the writer arrived on the scene three hours after the crash and claims (apparently the claim is hers; again, it isn't a direct quote) to have seen "guardian angels protecting the crash site".

Protecting it from what? Litterers?

It is the assumption that the lights she saw must be "guardian" angels to which I object. We can play "Maybe" all day long, but I still see no reason why a "legion" of angels was protecting little more than a hole in the ground.

(Of course I was being facetious about not getting to Newark in time. I don't think supernatural beings are confined by space or time. But I will admit it strikes me as more than a tad random to believe we need "guardian angels" to protect us some of the time, only to ignore us when "it is God's will". If everything that happens is God's will, why do we need guardians in the first place?)

Hard to say what she did or didn't see or perceive...

But the "guardian" angels comment is from the 'reviewer' who wrote the article....have seen nothing in the book or video that says SHE saw angels "guarding" the site...

But as I type this...that's sort of irrelevant....

In times of great trauma...who knows what kicks into play....

Hard to say what she did or didn't see or perceive...

But the "guardian" angels comment is from the 'reviewer' who wrote the article....have seen nothing in the book or video that says SHE saw angels "guarding" the site...

But as I type this...that's sort of irrelevant....

In times of great trauma...who knows what kicks into play....

Thank you, Tucarra. I don't think it's irrelevant at all, since the "guardian" part was the only part that bothered me. If the author believes she saw some sort of supernatural phenomenon at the site of so many deaths and such historical significance, I don't necessarily disbelieve her. I can't prove her right, of course, but I'm open to the possibility.

It was always the phrase about angels "guarding the crash site" that bothered me. As I wrote above, "What the hell for?"

Now I wonder where the reviewer got that phrase and why s/he used it.

Did she try taking any pics with her cell phone? Why...not?

I can imagine that being at a crash site where all of these lives were pulverized with no remnant that was recognizable might be overwhelming.

Anything to make a buck I guess. :rolleyes: And if she is sincere, I'm glad she's retired.

Nova, that's just mean.

I don't think they were "late." Do YOU know how long it takes to leave the body and go to the next world? Do you know how long it takes to assimilate that you're now dead, and it's time to move on? Late? Because they didn't prevent the tragedy of 9/11? If you truly believe that, then you don't understand the concept of free will at all.

Guardian in this context means of your soul - not your life imo.

Call me what you want...feeble minded, weak, a sheep, etc. I WANT to believe her.

Call me crazy....looking today at some of the footage from the scene, I do see something that is unnatural IMO. Especially on news video footage, and if it's smoke then it doesnt move (near the trees) and is in many images/videos. SO I believe she saw something but not sure what.

I'm not sure why people are so against the fact that people see angels.
Why?

I'm sure everybody has different beliefs, but to call someone nuts or to say she's just looking for money is in such poor taste IMO.

If you don't believe, so be it. But there are MANY that do. If they take comfort in it, what's the problem? It's not hurting anybody.

Chastising people for not believing and then posting their thoughts about it is equally unkind.

Yes, Kimberly-the way I read your post was that you were chastising non believers for expressing their thoughts regarding her book and story.

Here are some images and news footage. Look in the trees. The same poof of smoke is in most images, it doesnt go anywhere. On the news coverage it is not billowing but moving in a motion like wings flapping. seriously.

Ignore some of the sites content lol. Some are about conspiracy theories.

http://www.airdisaster.com/photos/ua93/photo.shtml
http://www.erichufschmid.net/TFC/Bollyn-TheHollywoodFantasyofFlight93.html
[video=youtube;WN4rO9U5Oqc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WN4rO9U5Oqc[/video] (2:10 on video) and (2:50)

Chastising people for not believing and then posting their thoughts about it is equally unkind.

Yes, Kimberly-the way I read your post was that you were chastising non believers for expressing their thoughts regarding her book and story.

BBM

Perhaps you misunderstood my post.
I never chastised anyone for not being a believer. Never.

I guess the point I was trying to make is, if someone takes comfort in believing in angels, what does it hurt others?

She saw horrible things that day. She will suffer from that for a long time.

So, if she takes comfort in believing she saw angels, I am happy for her.

That's why I said in my post, people believe different things, but she's not hurting anybody.

Let me make it clearer-I read your post to be stating anyone who critiqued the ex agent was being unkind.

I felt it was unkind to criticise people who did not buy into her story and who chose to post their thoughts about it.

Let me make it clearer-I read your post to be stating anyone who critiqued the ex agent was being unkind.

I felt it was unkind to criticise people who did not buy into her story and who chose to post their thoughts about it.

But, I was not referring to others posting their thoughts, I was referring to the name calling due to her beliefs.

Just to make myself clear, I would never call anyone a name for having a certain belief or for not having a certain belief. I find it wrong. I find it below WS standards.

It was/is my opinion.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
44Tejas1821
Back