Are the Ramseys involved or not?

• The Ramseys are somehow involved in the crime and/or cover-up

Votes: 883 75.3%
  • The Ramseys are not involved at all in the crime or cover-up

Votes: 291 24.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am a new member here at Websleuths, but I am a long time lurker to this site as well as Forums For Justice. I have ALWAYS believed that the Ramseys were guilty, or at the very least Patsy was guilty. I’ve always been impressed with the sleuthers here and am glad to finally be able to post with you guys!

To me, the evidence all points to someone INSIDE that house having killed her. I think its preposterous to believe that a kidnapper would break into a house to kidnap a child and bring none of the items he would need with him to get the job done. The paintbrush, the ransom note pad and pen……..for crying out loud, even the “draft” note were all from inside the home. I just don’t understand how people could get past all the evidence pointing at the Ramsey’s and scream that they should be exonerated. I might could understand some people having reasonable doubt, but to want to pronounce them innocent? I just don’t get that.

WELCOME
I had a thought years ago that PR was very tired, didn't feel good, didn't want to leave in the morning, had so many things yet to do. The children wanted pineapple and got it out. While PR was doing chores, the kids had a sibling fight, the flashlight plays into this,( the scream heard) JBR is hurt. PR
thinks JBR is dead. PR sends brother to bed for being bad. JR comes down and makes it all look like an intruder did it. PR does the kidnap letter.
Anything to save their living child. ( Sounds like the A family allot to me.)
Poor brother being little was told nothing and the R family kept him out of everything an is protecting him...........IMO........I still have the same thoughts.

I vote the Ramsey's didn't have anything to do with it. The GJ investigated this case for 9 months and couldn't indict anyone.

I apologize, I'm really not trying to be snarky. My point just is this ... if the Ramsey's are stone cold guilty like some think, there should have been rock hard evidence to put them away. Surely a GJ would have indicted if that had been the case.

I apologize, I'm really not trying to be snarky.

Nobody's hurt.

My point just is this ... if the Ramsey's are stone cold guilty like some think, there should have been rock hard evidence to put them away.

Yeah, that's what they said about OJ Simpson, too. The fact is, weasel, there's plenty of evidence against them, it's just the no one in the DA's office had enough experience with circumstantial cases to put it all together piece by piece, which is what you have to do in these cases, because 9 times out of ten, there just flat-out is NOT going to be the "smoking gun."

You also don't take into account how the DA's office denied search warrents, collaborated with defense attorneys, UNDERCUT their own WITNESSES and other assorted screw-ups that damaged this case so terribly.

Surely a GJ would have indicted if that had been the case.

Henry Lee thinks they DID, and Alex Hunter shot it down. He'd done exactly that before.

Weasel, I honestly don't mean to sound condescending, but it might help to know just what went on with this GJ. Actually, what DIDN'T go on with it might be more accurate. I actually talk about the GJ at length in the book:

In 1998, the District Attorney called a Grand Jury to look into the case. Grand Juries are investigative bodies who can issue indictments against suspects if sufficient probable cause exists. Since the standard is so low, it has become common knowledge that a good prosecutor can get a Grand Jury to indict a ham sandwich. As Det. Thomas remarks in his book, it was clear the sandwich was in no danger.

<<snip>>

Considering that no one in the DA's office wanted to convene a Grand Jury in the first place and felt forced to do so in the wake of Steve Thomas's resignation, lest the Governor step in, is it any wonder it went nowhere?

<<snip>>

What's more, none of the actual detectives who worked the case were called to testify. Why do it at all? Burke Ramsey was called, but not John and not Patsy. They were never grilled by the prosecutors and shown to the Grand Jury for what they were. What the h*** were these people doing?

<<snip>>

Also, it didn't help that the Grand Jury would only meet for a few days every month or so. How were they supposed to retain anything?

<<snip>>

In 2006, a grand Juror went public, offering more insight into the workings of the Grand Jury. This juror, who shall remain nameless since she is not a public figure, said that when the coroner made his presentation and the autopsy photos were viewed, none of the Grand Jurors could believe that a mother could do that to her child. She seemed to suggest that as a mother herself, she went into the proceedings feeling that way.
As always, I'm struck by how naive people can be. I guess they didn't talk to Ron Walker, the FBI man on the scene that morning. He was interviewed by the cable channel "A&E." Here's what he had to say.
"Well, as much as it pains me to say it, yes, I've seen parents who have decapitated their children, I've seen cases where parents have drowned their children in bathtubs, I've seen cases where parents have strangled their children, have placed them in paper bags and smothered them, have strapped them in car seats and driven them into a body of water, any way that you can think of that a person can kill another person, almost all those ways are also ways that parents can kill their children."

Weasel, have you ever heard the old joke about not wanting to leave justice up to people who coulnd't get out of jury duty? That about sums it up. The GJ was first and foremost a political dog-and-pony show, and the doberman never arrived.

<<As Det. Thomas remarks in his book, it was clear the sandwich was in no danger.>>

<<respectfully snipped>>

Wasn't he successfully sued by the Ramseys?

<<Weasel, have you ever heard the old joke about not wanting to leave justice up to people who coulnd't get out of jury duty? That about sums it up. The GJ was first and foremost a political dog-and-pony show, and the doberman never arrived.>>

Agreed ... but in 2003 a Federal Judge also found that evidence pointed to an intruder.

<<She seemed to suggest that as a mother herself, she went into the proceedings feeling that way.>>

This is speculation.

<<As Det. Thomas remarks in his book, it was clear the sandwich was in no danger.>>

<<respectfully snipped>>

Wasn't he successfully sued by the Ramseys?

No, he wasn't.

<<Weasel, have you ever heard the old joke about not wanting to leave justice up to people who coulnd't get out of jury duty? That about sums it up. The GJ was first and foremost a political dog-and-pony show, and the doberman never arrived.>>

Agreed ... but in 2003 a Federal Judge also found that evidence pointed to an intruder.

A judge who only saw the evidence the Ramseys presented, weasel. Hardly a ringing endorsement.

<<She seemed to suggest that as a mother herself, she went into the proceedings feeling that way.>>

This is speculation.

Oh, yeah? Watch the interview and say that!

<<A judge who only saw the evidence the Ramseys presented, weasel. Hardly a ringing endorsement>>

But how do we know what evidence was seen? Did they present it to the public?

<<A judge who only saw the evidence the Ramseys presented, weasel. Hardly a ringing endorsement>>

But how do we know what evidence was seen?

We know because we have the transcripts. Not only that, but a lot of legal opinion weighed in on this case, pro- and anti-, and they all said what I said. That's how.

Tricia can explain it much better than I can.

[QUOTEDid they present it to the public?[/QUOTE]

If by "they," you mean the Ramseys, yes. It was the same stuff they got from Lou Smit that they'd been peddling for years.

<<If by "they," you mean the Ramseys, yes. It was the same stuff they got from Lou Smit that they'd been peddling for years>>

Sorry, I meant the transcripts. I wasn't aware they were made public.

<<Henry Lee thinks they DID>>

Now there's a ringing endorsement ... LOL!

You didn't really misread it so much as it didn't give you the whole story. Like I tell a lot of people around here, you can fill volumes with what the press doesn't tell you.

But you didn't ask me for a dissertation on the news business. To put it bluntly, the case was settled. It never saw the inside of a courtroom. In order to be "successfully sued," to use your words, you have to have a legal judgment made against you. That didn't happen. (Still, what I wouldn't give to know what went on at those settlement talks!)

Moreover, they sued him for what he said about THEM, NOT what he said about the DA's office.

The best advice I can give you is to ask Tricia. She knows a lot more about it than I do.

<<If by "they," you mean the Ramseys, yes. It was the same stuff they got from Lou Smit that they'd been peddling for years>>

Sorry, I meant the transcripts. I wasn't aware they were made public.

Sorry. I'm thick, so you have to be specific!

I think www.acandyrose.com has most of them.

<<Henry Lee thinks they DID>>

Now there's a ringing endorsement ... LOL!

Maybe so, but his own words were "I told Hunter not to file charges." Barry Scheck seems to think so, as well, IF memory serves.

Maybe so, but his own words were "I told Hunter not to file charges." Barry Scheck seems to think so, as well, IF memory serves.

Another "ringing" endorsement! I apologize but I totally lost all respect for both those men during the OJ criminal trial. I think they both had a hand in helping a murderer walk.

You didn't really misread it so much as it didn't give you the whole story. Like I tell a lot of people around here, you can fill volumes with what the press doesn't tell you.

But you didn't ask me for a dissertation on the news business. To put it bluntly, the case was settled. It never saw the inside of a courtroom. In order to be "successfully sued," to use your words, you have to have a legal judgment made against you. That didn't happen. (Still, what I wouldn't give to know what went on at those settlement talks!)

Moreover, they sued him for what he said about THEM, NOT what he said about the DA's office.

The best advice I can give you is to ask Tricia. She knows a lot more about it than I do.

You're right .. I didn't ask for a dissertation on the news. The fact is, Thomas and his publishers settled the suit rather than go to court and prove their accusations. You're also exactly right about the R's suing him for what he said about THEM. Accusations that he could not back up in a court of law. From what I have read about Thomas, he doesn't seem like the type to back down easily. He seems so convinced that he's right .... then why not prove it in civil court where the burden of proof is much easier?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member