Government moves secretive operating room where Kennedy was treated in Dallas

SeekingJana

Reaction score
http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcont...m.37afff4.html

My friends and I think this falls under the category of Bizarre and Off-beat News.

First of all, there is a photo from 1963 of the room where Kennedy was treated and which cannot be touched or seen by the public since the government took possession of it.

From the article, in case it is archived soon:
QUOTE :
"A piece of JFK assassination history now lies buried in the most unlikely of places: a former limestone quarry in Kansas.
<!-- Refer ends here -->It is the end &#8211; at least for now &#8211; in the long and sometimes strange journey of Parkland Memorial Hospital Trauma Room No. 1, where President John F. Kennedy died on Nov. 22, 1963.
The entire room was purchased by the federal government." SNIP

QUOTE: "It was dismantled and the contents &#8211; all of them, the examination table, clocks, floor tiling, lockers, trash cans, surgical instruments, gloves, cotton balls, even a towel dispenser &#8211; were placed in a locked vault in a Fort Worth warehouse run by the National Archives and Records Administration." END QUOTE

The reason the strangely stored operating room is newsworthy now is because it has been moved to a 600,000 square foot underground National Archives location which resembles an underground bunker near Kansas City, in pieces.
It should be noted here that both the Kansas underground facility and the Fort Worth facility archive only documents only, not artifacts and certainly not rooms. Parkland's operating room where Kennedy was taken for attempted resuscitation is the lone exception. Most of the archived documents in both locations are also accessible to the public for research.

It is stated by the government that the oddly-shaped items were too bulky to fit into the "more modern" warehouse.
However, IMO, I think the items were forgotten over time in a locked vault inside the huge warehouse facility. Probably only very few people even knew what was in the vault as the years passed.
But when the Fort Worth facility was relocating last fall, the vault was no longer hidden and forgotten and the security that the government wants to maintain of the operating suite was compromised by the knowledge that it was stored in the Dallas- Fort Worth area. The dismantled room and contents had to be moved to a former huge underground quarry, now a secured government underground facility in Lenexa, Kansas known as The Caves.
Out of Texas, out of sight, out of mind...

QUOTE from an employee of the National Archives and Records Administration: "Basically, it's ( the room) not to be examined, not to be shown to the press, not to be photographed, not to be exhibited to the public." END QUOTE

IMO, the entire article is interesting in the fact that the federal government is still going to extreme measures to prevent even adademic historians from viewing any part of the Operating Room contents. What could be learned at this late date? Possibly nothing, but then, why does the government go to so much trouble to keep floor and ceiling tiles and towel dispensers?
The contents, mainly the surgical instruments, might prove valuable in determining what type of treatment President Kennedy likely received and if extreme medical and surgical interventions were implemented, as has been claimed by doctors, the autopsy pathologists, and Parkland Hospital since Kennedy's assassination in Dallas in 1963. I've read the published version of the autopsy and have seen the diagrams of wound locations. Many of the autopsy findings were attributed to medical/ surgical procedures, including the destruction of the anterior neck gunshot wound, where a tracheostomy incision was said to have been made in the stored Parkland operating room, which was their Trauma Room #1 at the time.

Just another thing in the Kennedy assassination that might make you go " hmmm".
<!-- / message --><!-- controls -->​

How bizarre is that? I thought maybe it had to do with keeping all traces of his DNA from the public for some reason.

Weird.

How bizarre is that? I thought maybe it had to do with keeping all traces of his DNA from the public for some reason.

Weird.

Nope, not DNA. Yes, I think it's bizarre, too, and many people in Texas think it's weird that it got moved after so long a time of being sealed in a vault in Fort Worth. What this article doesn't say, but which a different article about the Trauma Room being moved to Kansas pointed out was that the sale of the room occurred some time after Kennedy was assassinated. So there was lots of disinfecting and lots of other DNA in and out of the room in the interim.

Actually, his DNA is probably in/on many places.

:D

Actually, his DNA is probably in/on many places.

:D

Right? Johnson sent for the plane to get him back home before the autopsy was done in Texas. That's illegal, no?

Right? Johnson sent for the plane to get him back home before the autopsy was done in Texas. That's illegal, no?

Back then, regulations were different or none....:waitasec:
Many thought that was very telling.....
My thoughts were LBJ, Hoover or Castro had JFK killed....
If you can find the movie "The Parallax View" do watch it.
It's well worth seeing.

When it first came out, it was taken off the movie trail right away.
Then was shown a few years later....

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0071970/

Has anyone read the book by Sam Giancana's (sp?) Brother?

Wonder how much money the govenment spent on all that?

To take apart the Operating Room or some other topic that has popped up here? ( I don't think anyone reads my posts).

If you mean the Operating Room, there's no telling how much has been spent on the vault storage or how much will be spent on storage in the Kansas underground facility storage.
Apparently, the transfer of the room parts was relatively cheap, as the director of the National Archives rented a truck and drove the equipment and dismantled walls and flooring to Kansas.

Just imagine how much they've paid to date to keep all the Ufos and Aliens preserved and hidden away!:crazy:

Just imagine how much they've paid to date to keep all the Ufos and Aliens preserved and hidden away!:crazy:

Well, many posters here consider JFK to be a very special person in our country's history. Both threads concerning recent news developments about him in Current Events have been hijacked to Cuba and back several times.
The subject matter deserves respect, IMO.

To take apart the Operating Room or some other topic that has popped up here? ( I don't think anyone reads my posts).

If you mean the Operating Room, there's no telling how much has been spent on the vault storage or how much will be spent on storage in the Kansas underground facility storage.
Apparently, the transfer of the room parts was relatively cheap, as the director of the National Archives rented a truck and drove the equipment and dismantled walls and flooring to Kansas.

I most certainly read your posts. i have nothing to contribute except to tell you you are keeping me on the edge of my seat!

thank you for this thought provoking subject. :blowkiss:

A great deal. i think, though, we may be near to disclosure. :clap: :clap: :clap:

I most certainly read your posts. i have nothing to contribute except to tell you you are keeping me on the edge of my seat!

thank you for this thought provoking subject. :blowkiss:

Thank you so much for your kind and thoughtful words. :). JFK is still an American icon for a great many people. It was really hard for me to see Dealy Plaza for the first time when DH and I moved to the Dallas/ Fort Worth area. I cried and cried, even though I was a very small child when he was killed in Dealey Plaza.

The Dallas Morning News has a special Kennedy Archives section that I found last night when I was looking for the hospital Trauma Room article.
Here is the link to lots of great reporting, multimedia and things regarding President Kennedy's life and tragic death which was put together as a special feature in 2004.
http://www.dallasnews.com/s/dws/spe/jfk/

There are things here that I have never seen in books: details and photos of the events he attended in Texas just before his assassination, a very good timeline of what happened when, the historical photos from the local Dallas Morning News newspaper, and their photos showing the changing look to Dealey Plaza and the other buildings which were important. I think it's great that the DMN has kept the special report online for us to remember, and for our children to learn more about our young, tragic President.

Maria

I, too, was little when JFK was assassinated. My girlfriend and I ran into the woods and hid because we were so scared. Our actions reflected how our neighborhood was responding to the news.
JFK was a profound man.

I don't know what to make of this operating room business. Why not donate it to the Smithsonian or hospital museum for its historical significance? I'm sure it would be of immense interest to many.
I wonder if it falls under the same sealing of assassination records to be released in 2017/2044 as the paper documents?

I read your posts SeekingJana!:)

Kinda' along the same lines (well, sort of) is this little article with a short blurb from one of the operating room surgeons that fateful day.

HOUSTON, Texas (CNN) -- At first, the young neurosurgeon thought it was a prank.
It was half-past noon on November 22, 1963, and Dr. Robert Grossman was in his lab just across a parking lot from the Parkland Memorial Hospital in Dallas, Texas.
Grossman, then 30, was talking politics with his boss, Dr. Kemp Clark, the chief neurosurgeon, when the telephone rang.

Link:

http://www.cnn.com/2003/US/11/21/jfk.physician/index.html

Have you ever seen the photo of him lying dead on the gurney in the ER? It is horrible...his head was so blown away in the back that they had a bucket underneath it...and his eyes were open and rolled back...just awful. I hope to never ever see it again. I don't even know where I saw it....:eek:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23
Back