CO - James Holmes Trial Discussion - Begins April 27, 2015 #14

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you jinkasaurus!

She is a love Zoey. She's getting on though, 11 years old. Her back legs are going. I love rabbits! So cute and fluffy. Well most of them are lol!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you jinkasaurus!

She is a love Zoey. She's getting on though, 11 years old. Her back legs are going. I love rabbits! So cute and fluffy. Well most of them are lol!

not our little 'Dandilion'---she is mean & evil.....DH thinks she is the cats meow (he hates cats-got bit by one in service and had to get rabie shots.....)----I'm over her and will tell her that just wait one day I will get my dog---

ITA--people here don't really know how to drive in snow and ice--heck some even have problems with rain-
But it has been hot--interesting how much you hear of your neighbors when all your windows are open--I really didn't care to hear the new ones behind me talk about how they like to start drinking early in the day & usually got black out drunk--didn't like that at all! Especially with how loud they were and knowing 4th and firecrackers/M80s (illegal-but able to buy) .
My sister lives in Georgia and I'm always amazed at the rain and how hard it comes down. Also have been there when it was in the 100's--it was hot! Love Georgia though.

Now I'm wondering what Ms Spengler wanted to say...dangit!

do not know what I did to underline all my comments---Kindle died yesterday and dealing with a very very old and cranky laptop.....

Thinking about Holmes sitting in a cell this 4th of July. I really don't feel he has the right to even breathe air. Was it worth it? Killing innocent people for points so he can get letters from women in prison? He is some evil star in his own mind who loves to watch himself on the big screen while the victims and families deal with their pain and loss. He is repulsive.

I would love to know what he thinks about what he did. Now he is medicated is he appalled about what he did to all those innocent people?

I would love to know what he thinks about what he did. Now he is medicated is he appalled about what he did to all those innocent people?

He doesn't act sorry that's for sure. I don't see any compassion in him. Only interest in himself.

He doesn't act sorry that's for sure. I don't see any compassion in him. Only interest in himself.

I wonder if his medication blunts out those types of feelings. I've mentioned Cody Posey before. When I watched his trial I expected to see some sadness or remorse but there was nothing. I later found out he was so medicated that he didn't feel very much of anything.

While I am a firm believer in the rule of law, I do often wonder why our legal system doesn't have a provision for forgoing a trial in cases where the defendant has already been proven guilty by very clear video of the crime or was caught in the act of committing the crime.

Am I missing something here? What would be the risk to justice if there was such a provisilaon for waving a trial? Mind you, the damning evidence would have to be slam dunk. It seems such a measure would save a lot of time and money.

It's called a plea-bargain. If the defendant does not want a trial and the prosecutors are willing to discuss it and a judge approves it, the defendant and the prosecutor's office can discuss and agree on a plea (in this case, 1st Degree Murder; and a penalty, in this case it should be Life Without Parole (LWOP) or whatever the applicable 1stDegMurder is in the particular state, and the presiding judge is in agreement, then there is no trial. The defendant goes directly to prison to begin serving his/her penalty. Case Closed. That's is what the law provides.

ITA--people here don't really know how to drive in snow and ice--heck some even have problems with rain-
But it has been hot--interesting how much you hear of your neighbors when all your windows are open--I really didn't care to hear the new ones behind me talk about how they like to start drinking early in the day & usually got black out drunk--didn't like that at all! Especially with how loud they were and knowing 4th and firecrackers/M80s (illegal-but able to buy) .
My sister lives in Georgia and I'm always amazed at the rain and how hard it comes down. Also have been there when it was in the 100's--it was hot! Love Georgia though.

Now I'm wondering what Ms Spengler wanted to say...dangit!

Dangit, z, so am I!!! We had that little twinkling shown to us and blfffft!, someone blew it out or stomped all over it (and I am not talking about the good Judge; he is one of the best I have ever seen, and I've seen some good ones) -- some little sprite or imp or other airish good-fer-nuttin just muffed it out. I wanna know, I wanna know, I wanna know. But I'll bet we never will....

Thinking about Holmes sitting in a cell this 4th of July. I really don't feel he has the right to even breathe air. Was it worth it? Killing innocent people for points so he can get letters from women in prison? He is some evil star in his own mind who loves to watch himself on the big screen while the victims and families deal with their pain and loss. He is repulsive.

You are exactly right, colette -- I re-watched some of the earlier court days when the investigators were explaining the evidence in the theaters of the bullet puncture holes, etc., etc., and he watched every minute of it -- just like he did all of the other pics of the crime scene, his apt, etc., etc., like he was watching his Hollywood movie debut. Oh, it made he angry beyond all senses. What a curse he is and on this earth with us. Grrrrrr.

I say absolutely not -- he is still proud as a peacock, if you ask me. He would do it again in a minnit if he got the chance. He bought something like 5000-10,000 rounds of ammo -- $2,000.00 worth. He wanted to be Armageddon walking. And he got a dayam good start, IMO. No mercy for him, none. JMHO.

After reading most of Dr. Hanlon's book "Survived by One", I find him to possibly be a professional who doesn't really recognize malingering. In the book Odle murders his 3 siblings and his parents.
He goes back and forth between being an outcast and being the class clown. It was still no reason to kill anyone.
His expertise in this case is questionable IMO. I know that the DT continue to hark on the point that JH's sister isn't visiting him. In the book the Odle son can't stand his younger sister because she gets all of his mom's attention.
After much consideration and thought, including the actual possibility that JH suffered from mental illness when he shot all those people, I'm not inclined to go easy on him in this trial.
Knowing so many that genuinely suffer and agonize thru serious mental illnesses and do get help and actually follow the advice and counseling offered them, I have little sympathy for JH. All of my sympathy is with his victims and also with his own family.
He's an incredibly evil sort that should pay for his crimes.
:moo:

I wonder if his medication blunts out those types of feelings. I've mentioned Cody Posey before. When I watched his trial I expected to see some sadness or remorse but there was nothing. I later found out he was so medicated that he didn't feel very much of anything.

I saw the same in a trial here in NC. The defendant was on trial (it was a Death Penalty case) for murder and rape. All during the trial, he just looked down at his hands, rarely spoke with his attys, and was just dumbed-out looking (my words) throughout the trial. Very docile -- you could hardly see him take a breath. When the judge spoke with him in open court about it being his decision not to testify, he was hardly audible, but he did seem to understand what was said to him. He was convicted and got LWOP.

Thanks for the book report, 4senthia! And I'm thinking you probably weren't very surprised at Hanlon's reactions, etc., on much of anything you read. I like your point about his possibly not being able to recognize malingering -- not too good for someone in his position.... Hmmmm.

I saw the same in a trial here in NC. The defendant was on trial (it was a Death Penalty case) for murder and rape. All during the trial, he just looked down at his hands, rarely spoke with his attys, and was just dumbed-out looking (my words) throughout the trial. Very docile -- you could hardly see him take a breath. When the judge spoke with him in open court about it being his decision not to testify, he was hardly audible, but he did seem to understand what was said to him. He was convicted and got LWOP.

Holmes isn't that way though. Yes he sits there quietly but you can see he really gets into video and pictures of himself and his handiwork. I do not see one ounce of sympathy for anyone.

After reading most of Dr. Hanlon's book "Survived by One", I find him to possibly be a professional who doesn't really recognize malingering. In the book Odle murders his 3 siblings and his parents.
He goes back and forth between being an outcast and being the class clown. It was still no reason to kill anyone.
His expertise in this case is questionable IMO. I know that the DT continue to hark on the point that JH's sister isn't visiting him. In the book the Odle son can't stand his younger sister because she gets all of his mom's attention.
After much consideration and thought, including the actual possibility that JH suffered from mental illness when he shot all those people, I'm not inclined to go easy on him in this trial.
Knowing so many that genuinely suffer and agonize thru serious mental illnesses and do get help and actually follow the advice and counseling offered them, I have little sympathy for JH. All of my sympathy is with his victims and also with his own family.
He's an incredibly evil sort that should pay for his crimes.
:moo:

There is still something with the sister though. The reason the family first went to therapy was after Holmes assaulted his sister. Then when it was brought out in court about the sister really doesn't visit, she suddenly appears in court. She is a victim of his too, along with the rest of the family. But I think there is some big problems between Holmes and his sister.

Holmes isn't that way though. Yes he sits there quietly but you can see he really gets into video and pictures of himself and his handiwork. I do not see one ounce of sympathy for anyone.

There is still something with the sister though. The reason the family first went to therapy was after Holmes assaulted his sister. Then when it was brought out in court about the sister really doesn't visit, she suddenly appears in court. She is a victim of his too, along with the rest of the family. But I think there is some big problems between Holmes and his sister.

bbm
Oh, yes, absolutely, colette -- As I posted earlier, I went back & watched some early parts of this trial -- where LE was pointing out various "shot-up" locations in the theater, and speaking about the fallen and the hurt people in the theater, and I could see that JH was locked into the screen -- I think if we could have seen his face, we would have seen him smile. I do think they have dumbed him down a bit, however, but he is proud as a peacock at his handiwork, and IMO, he would go out there & do it again -- but on a grander scale as soon as he could re-order ammo and what-all-ever he "needs" to do it again.

And I yam curious about him and his sister, etc....

See you tomorrow!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member