Santa Clara girl abducted & similiar abductions time/area to Anna's disappearance.

So what we have is a serial kidnapper of blonde girls about Anna's age who targeted the daughters of divorced parents and took them while either coming or going to school. This all matches or is close to what happened to Anna.

So far, the only potential links to the area are the coincidence of the last names of Sharp and the tipster, and that Sharp evidently lived in the East Bay several decades after Anna's abduction. We need to find a closer link if one exists.

I should mention that Sharp would have been in jail on the day that Cynthia Sumpter disappeared from San Jose so he could not have been involved in that abduction.

So far, the only potential links to the area are the coincidence of the last names of Sharp and the tipster, and that Sharp evidently lived in the East Bay several decades after Anna's abduction. We need to find a closer link if one exists.

Doogie, the tipster's last name is not Sharp, but close...

OOPS! :bang:

Sherlock, please email the correct name. I will be standing in the corner taking a timeout meanwhile...
Sorry, Doogie; it was my fault. I should have checked my files instead of depending on my sometimes faulty memory.

Alright, the votes are in and I have official been declared an idiot. (The guys over on the Johnny Gosch forum may be right after all.) SherlockJr is correct that the last name of the tipster is NOT Sharp. I turned 50 last June and the good Lord has seen fit to make my brain shrink up to the size of a pea. Next time I will check my notes instead of going from memory...

We still should take a good look at this guy. If we cannot place him in the Bay Area in 1972-73, then he is not our guy. If we can, then he looks promising.

One intriguing aspect to this guy is that one of his aliases was Cecil Russell. Recall that Margaret Kukoda's family reported that she left for California during WWII with her boyfriend named Russell. This Russell was not Brody, so "who was Russell?" remains an unanswered question in this whole affair.

Alright, the votes are in and I have official been declared an idiot. (The guys over on the Johnny Gosch forum may be right after all.) SherlockJr is correct that the last name of the tipster is NOT Sharp. I turned 50 last June and the good Lord has seen fit to make my brain shrink up to the size of a pea. Next time I will check my notes instead of going from memory...

We still should take a good look at this guy. If we cannot place him in the Bay Area in 1972-73, then he is not our guy. If we can, then he looks promising.

One intriguing aspect to this guy is that one of his aliases was Cecil Russell. Recall that Margaret Kukoda's family reported that she left for California during WWII with her boyfriend named Russell. This Russell was not Brody, so "who was Russell?" remains an unanswered question in this whole affair.

First of all, I would never consider you an idiot. You have devoted a lot of your time and efforts into this search.

When Shadowangel brought up the alias Cecil Russell, that was the first time I had heard of this alias. Was Sharp using the alias Russell name before he abducted Karen?

The connection you drew with MK and "Russell", interesting too, I thought the same thing. Then I remembered MK was born in 1917 and Sharp shows a dob in 1930. She would have been 13 yrs his senior, not out of the question. But if MK came to CA in the early 40's with "Russell", then he would have been 10-15 yrs old, unlikely.

Sharp's dob of 1930 would be very close to the tipster stating "Bill" told her that he was 47 in the fall of 1976.

From the photos in the newspapers of the time, there is no way that Sharp was born in '30. I know he claimed he was 44, but even the newspapers stated he looked more like 65. I would say he was easily 60.

(Doogie--I'd demand a recount on the idiot vote...I have it on good authority that the child-snatching alien lizards living under Orange County NY rigged the ballot).

(Doogie--I'd demand a recount on the idiot vote...I have it on good authority that the child-snatching alien lizards living under Orange County NY rigged the ballot).

SSSHHHH!!!!!

We don't wanna let the lizards know that we are on to them. :silenced:

...But if MK came to CA in the early 40's with "Russell", then he would have been 10-15 yrs old, unlikely...

You are correct. However, as Shawangel also mentions, the listed age of 44 for Sharp is very doubtful. I had promised in the past to post a picture of Sharp, but I seem to have failed in that task (that damn pea-brain again!) I will post it over the weekend because I have to convert it from a PDF into a JPG for this forum.

Again, I want to reiterate that I am not an artist or even one who is any good with paint or photoshop, but here's a pic with his glasses removed.
I am printing the article and snail mailing to our tipster to see if she recognizes this man as the "Bill" who came to her home in 1976.

Attachments

• billknapp.JPG
    billknapp.JPG
    41.2 KB · Views: 221
Yeah, that guy is 44. Uh huh.

So, in the course of about a year, this guy molested 3 girls that we know of, kidnapping two of them (that we know of). 3 months of that time he was in jail.

He didn't just wake up one day and start a new hobby. Sharp is definitely worth a little investigating.

I totally agree, the man in the picture looks much older than 44 years old, I'd say 60. Though you would think that the Police would have questioned that the little girl with him was actually his daughter, (if he looked that old in person). Maybe it's the picture quality that makes him look older. Interesting about the Russell name. I found one Cecil Russell in the 1930 PA census in a neighboring county to MK at the time. But he was born in 1904. Seems too old to be abducting children at the age of 70 +.

Other newspaper photos of the time look the same, even the reporters commented on his age.

The trial for the abductions and auto theft(s) began in October of '74, but were put on hold for a week in November...Sharp had to be hospitalized.
"Severe inflammation of the scrotal area".

I can only hope it hurt like a sumb**ch.

Was "Russell" supposed to be a first or last name for Margarets friend?

Unknown. I got the impression that the Kukoda family had never met the man before he showed up with Margaret on thier way to California.

I found a report on another small girl who went missing from the Long Beach area, this time in '70...On June 24th, Little Jody Virginia Robertson, age 21/2, was playing in a park with her 5 year-old sister, a 12 year-old neighbor girl and her 4 year-old sister. Jody's sister reported that when the oldest girl went to the bathroom, she saw Jody sitting next to a blonde woman on a park bench. The next thing she knew, Jody was gone.

I can't find anything else on her.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail
Back