WA - Lindsey Baum, 10, McCleary, 26 June 2009 - #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
hey, nobody feel too bad, I am coming up on 3700 posts and still don't know how to post a picture, nor do I have any idea what a countdown thread is.

Good morning, all. Any news?
Any coffee?

Besides odd helicopter flights and pleasant discussions about plant life...no, not really any news, coastal.

For anyone that thought they saw a flash, that was me, posting the right info to the wrong forum. Apologies.

For anyone that thought they saw a flash, that was me, posting the right info to the wrong forum. Apologies.

right info in wrong forum is much better than wrong info in the right forum

:crazy:

Is he the vampire, all handsome and all? What is the show with Buffy? Is that similar to this Twilight? I am lost here Willen. ;}

Edward is a Vampire who they describe as beautiful. A lot of young girls fall inlove with him and think he's the perfect guy. Robert Pattinson who plays Edward in the movie has had young girls walk up to him and even go as far asking him to bite them. And no Twilight is nothing like Buffy.

Thanks jvk!

I guess some of the locals and posters here pulled some night training themselves. Thanks you guys.:blowkiss:

Hope you get a nap today.:Banane39:

Edward is a Vampire who they describe as beautiful. A lot of young girls fall inlove with him and think he's the perfect guy. Robert Pattinson who plays Edward in the movie has had young girls walk up to him and even go as far asking him to bite them. And no Twilight is nothing like Buffy.

Ages ago, (for awhile), we were getting our dark romance from reading Anne Rice novels and watching "Interview with a Vampire."

(I think the girls only want hickeys (sp.) and not the real deal.)

Anyway, sometime during that phase I went through, the horror became frighteningly real because someone in my apartment building with the predilections of a true vampire began stalking me.

Girls can be lured into the path of someone who intends harm to them because they are caught up in fantasy.

This has probably already been mentioned but I find this to be an odd cause for a ten year old girl. It is also out of character from what I can see, the vast majority of her other causes are animals, the avatar pic is her german shepherd....

May 25 2009 11:55 AM

This comment was sent by your friend via the Causes app. To block this app and all communications from it, click Here.

-------------------------------------------

Come join my cause: End Child Prostitution, Child *advertiser censored* and Trafficking of Children for Sexual Purposes! You will be able to recruit friends, raise money, and add a profile badge to show your support!
Since it mentions a friend sent it...maybe we should check out which friend.

They need to inform us sleuthers next time they decide to do that! I hate to see Poco's cat losing this much sleep over a training exercise! :crazy:
Maybe it was a dual mission over that area. At least, I am going to try to pretend it was so I don't cause more wrinkles while also losing my beauty rest. ;)

LOL We would all be mad if it were something else and Cyber didn't tell us what was going on tho!! I prefer to lose sleep over that anytime, just in case.

"talking about “10-year-old girl stuff, boys and music, school occasionally.”
Did anyone noitce that on Lindsey's myspace it said this:

Here for: Dating, Serious Relationships, Friends

Do any of you find it odd that the girls were said to have talked about boys alot? At 10 or 11 years old that just seems weird to me.
Having read all of the Twilight series myself(research purposes for work) I can see young girls getting caught up in the movie, especially when it is supposed to take place in your own area of the state. Bella stays a virgin until the last book. There is really no threat from Edward in that regard. A chaste relationship is easier to digest at that age.

I live on the NE side of McCleary(north of 108) and my boyfriend was up from 1am until after 3am because of the helicopter. His first thought was that LE was looking for a fugitive of some sort and he was making sure no one broke into our home. From what cyberswept said, it sounds like they were searching up and down hiways 108 and 8 for a good two hours.

Since it mentions a friend sent it...maybe we should check out which friend.

It was posted by Lindsey on Kaylas page along with a ton of other ones.

Those apps on Myspace are spam. When you "join a cause" it asks you to recruit friends, you pick what friends you want to recruit and the app spams your friends pages. It's rather annoying (this is why I have them blocked.. I got tired of the damn spam)

It seems that all the kids think those apps are cool and will download them all. I think Myspace needs to get rid of them. lol

"talking about “10-year-old girl stuff, boys and music, school occasionally.”
Did anyone noitce that on Lindsey's myspace it said this:

Here for: Dating, Serious Relationships, Friends

Do any of you find it odd that the girls were said to have talked about boys alot? At 10 or 11 years old that just seems weird to me.
Having read all of the Twilight series myself(research purposes for work) I can see young girls getting caught up in the movie, especially when it is supposed to take place in your own area of the state. Bella stays a virgin until the last book. There is really no threat from Edward in that regard. A chaste relationship is easier to digest at that age.
It surprised me so many things on their pages seemed inappropriate for their ages and geared towards relationships. I guess books, shows, and movies could spark a fantasy life like you mentioned, but the girls appear be to starting younger in the boy craze phase. I bet they watch High School Musical, too.

It reminds me of the group Lindsey was supposed to be at odds with and came back around to befriend her again not long before she disappeared.

We've been posting threads all along that are considered: Victim Facilitation
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Victimology

Victim facilitation, another controversial sub-topic, but a more accepted theory than victim blaming, finds its roots in the writings of criminologists Marvin Wolfgang. The choice to use victim facilitation as opposed to “victim blaming” or some other term is that victim facilitation is not blaming the victim, but rather the interactions of the victim that make he/she vulnerable to a crime.

While victim facilitation relates to “victim blaming” the idea behind victim facilitation is to study the elements that make a victim more accessible or vulnerable to an attack [12].

Ok, I'm seriously disturbed now.

I need to go meditate and clear my head. I'll be back tomorrow to see if Norm answers my questions (I doubt he will).

Good night. I hope sleep comes fast tonight.. and the dreams stay away.

Apparently I have caused some trouble here with my somewhat vague responses, and for that I am truly sorry. I was extremely tired last night and missed a number of questions. I was also, in retrospect, vague in some of my other responses. I will try to be more exact here:

First of all, I don't personally know the individuals on Maple. I asked in general forum if anyone could help me find out who lives on this block to get in touch. One person did and I checked the names of the individuals she gave me. They all checked out, so this is what I meant by "know" the individuals. I know their names and have checked them out for validity.

When I said "I know that Lindsey is alive" it was a tired way to self assure myself. I was tired and should have said something to the effect of "In my heart I know..."

I researched this block because I considered it to be a vital and important area, that is why I "was" so dog tired.

I cannot recall off hand other questions asked of me except the "group" and "single" inquiry. The "group" thing refers to the group of kids going to pick up the video, and the "single" thing refers to Lindsey alone on Maple.

I apologize for the trouble caused, it was not intentional at all. I will try to answer any other questions anyone might have.

I am not a troll, I am extremely concerned about Lindsey's well being and am working tirelessly to come up with ideas and information.

As well, when I said "okay" about the people living on the block it meant that they do not appear to have any criminal record. Certainly they may still be suspect as "anyone" is. Again, my mistake in not being clear...dog tired is my excuse.

ADDITION - I did not reveal the source because that individual did not give me a go ahead. I also did not post names because I didn't think it wise to do so. If someone has an argument "for" posting these names, then please let me hear it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jbks