Match! CA - Sierra Madre, AsianFem (231UFCA), 16+ *Doungboupa "Dawn" Sihakhom*

Rest in peace Dawn.

Prayers with Dawn's family.

Thankful that Snufamonboball brought attention to Dawn.

congradulations, now i hope the police can find out who did it.my prayers are with the family.

Great work Snuf!! I too have spent hours looking at these UID's and know it is a depressing and tedious task! Thank you for your time and patience and please enjoy a pat on the back from me! :bow:
Prayers and thoughts go to the family also.

Good job on this match... Now prayers for her family.

I hope Dawns story makes National Headlines, and it puts the fear of God in the person that murdered her!
Great sleuthing Snuf!!

I'll be praying that Dawns killer gets brought to justice, soon!! The perp has gotten away with her murder for almost as long as she lived, sixteen years and seven months!!

I spoke at length with the San Bernadino Coroner Investigator this afternoon, he has a private citizen researcher who works with him, and she also had made the connection. He is a truly dedicated man, who cares deeply for the unidentifed. He works tirelessly- to bring all the lost, back home. Say a prayer for Dawn and her family tonight. May her spirit be set free and may justice be served.

Each day when the early morning light begins to shine on the horizon, the rise of the morning sun will always have her name- Dawn.

Awesome job Snuf! So glad this beautiful girl has been ID'd and hope her killer will be found and brought to justice soon. Prayers for her family.

I don't know the particulars of this specific case, but when there are matches that were made this close to home, it's usually just bad luck or poor conduct that leads to it going unsolved for so long.

Bolded by me: Looks like it...

RIP Dawn. Now on to finding your killer.

What do we know about the murder so far?

I spoke at length with the San Bernadino Coroner Investigator this afternoon, he has a private citizen researcher who works with him, and she also had made the connection. He is a truly dedicated man, who cares deeply for the unidentifed. He works tirelessly- to bring all the lost, back home. Say a prayer for Dawn and her family tonight. May her spirit be set free and may justice be served.

Each day when the early morning light begins to shine on the horizon, the rise of the morning sun will always have her name- Dawn.

If she had made the connection then why wasn't Dawn ID'd sooner? Seems a bit coincidental for them to make that claim to me. I know the end result is what were all after. But you invested alot to ID this victim. You my fellow sleuther, is the one that has my respect and admiration.

Well to be fair they haven't taken the site down because DNA hasn't confirmed it yet.

It may be hinky but I think it's fair to say that Snufamonbobball did a great job quickly and with less resources than someone with the full backing of LE and a head start with the information. For that she deserves praise - but we also should be thankful that at least some law enforcement has the decency to take this family and this victim seriously and provide even volunteer resources rather than hiding behind inhumane and impersonal policy.

Well to be fair they haven't taken the site down because DNA hasn't confirmed it yet.

It may be hinky but I think it's fair to say that Snufamonbobball did a great job quickly and with less resources than someone with the full backing of LE and a head start with the information. For that she deserves praise - but we also should be thankful that at least some law enforcement has the decency to take this family and this victim seriously and provide even volunteer resources rather than hiding behind inhumane and impersonal policy.

I can do nothing but sing the praises of the San Bernadino County Coroner's office. Both the investigator and his researcher are dedicated to finding resolution for the missing and unidentified. I feel lucky to have talked with people as giving and compassionate as they are. Both will do whatever they can to find answers- and without complaint, they will bust their *advertiser censored**es to make it happen.
Now, the other part of the equation, LA Cold Case Unit- I am still shocked they weren't interested enough to even pick up a piece of paper. I didn't just pull their # out of my rear end- it was the one on the NCMEC poster, why even put the number up if you won't take a report? they didn't even have to do anything, all they had to do was look at a fax and decide I was either a nutjob, or there was something to it. For me that is shameful, and just plain lazy.
Anyhow, I firmly believe that every person who searches contributes when cases are resolved. We have all spent countless hours searching, and nothing but good can come of dedicated people who never give up.

Appreciating All.
Snufamonbobball

Snuf, you did great work on this. If you're not a detective then you should be.

I read through the threads and what bothered me reading the story unfold is that Dawn's family didn't identify her first. She was found relatively close to home a few days after she ran away. Wouldn't you be calling hospitals and morgues if your family member disappeared without a trace? Why didn't Dawn's family do the same?

My gut feeling says that they weren't looking because they knew where she was.

wow Snuff--way to go! it's a comforting thought to know that there are caring people out in the world, willing to do the right thing, particularly when the powers that be are incapable of getting off their backsides!

well done :D

Congratulations, Snuf! You have my upmost respect and admiration for doing what we all wish we could.

A big Well Done Snuf You are Awesome
:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

This sweet girl has a name, her dear family have closure.
Now let's hope that she has justice.
I am so proud of Websleuths
:blowkiss: to you all :blowkiss:

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members