NC - Shaniya Davis, 5, Allegedly sold by mother 11/10/09 #27

Status
Not open for further replies.
That one case gets us killed?
WTH

I guess the Social Services Board is in a round about way blameing the "one case" for their screw ups and under staffing.

oh but they have other cases.

they are just better at covering those up.

New article:

http://www.fayobserver.com/Articles/2010/04/29/994672

Snipped:

Cumberland child abuse reports surge

A 46 percent jump in child-abuse reports last month has Cumberland County officials worried that their depleted ranks of social workers won't be able to protect vulnerable youths.

***More at Link***

Snipped regarding the part about Shaniya:

Social Services officials are still smarting from last fall's public outcry over the death of Shaniya Davis. The 5-year-old girl's body was found in woods near Sanford in November. Her grandmother said her daughter was investigated by the department.

The State Bureau of Investigation was asked to determine if department officials cooperated fully with the police investigation of Shaniya's death.

The results of the SBI investigation - and whether Social Services employees were disciplined as a result - haven't been disclosed. The personnel action may never be revealed because of the state's secrecy laws surrounding discipline of government employees.

As abuse reports soar, Social Services officials said Wednesday that 15 percent of their children-services jobs are unfilled.

"We're somewhat behind the eight ball," Assistant Director Shirley Harris told the county Social Services Board. "But we realize this is a critical area where we cannot allow these vacancies to continue."

***and this ***

The Shaniya Davis case may still be weighing on the Social Services Board.

"You have one of the most critical areas, as far as public opinion," board Chairman Chester G. Oehme told Skeens. "That's what worries me."

"It only takes one case," said another board member, Marvin Rouse. "That one case gets us killed."

Just like I said all along it is all about public opinion
It has nothing do do with doing the right thing at all.
that is why the hush.....:furious::furious::furious:
I am not oblivious, asleep, or unconscious.

This article sucks but thanks for bringing it here.

That one case gets us killed?
WTH

I guess the Social Services Board is in a round about way blameing the "one case" for their screw ups and under staffing.

You know, once again I am speechless...well, not really!! These idiots should learn to keep their mouths shut and just DO THEIR JOBS!!!! GRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!
I am so sick of whining, incompetent people! (sorry for the rant...)

Praying for our girl...thats what matters.

Just like I said all along it is all about public opinion
It has nothing do do with doing the right thing at all.
that is why the hush.....:furious::furious::furious:
I am not oblivious, asleep, or unconscious.

This article sucks but thanks for bringing it here.

I totally agree with you on a Social Services cover up. That's been apparent since the beginning IMO. We've known for a while they dropped the ball big time on AD. Even if Shaniya wouldn't have been there, her son was. I don't think we will ever hear what all they did or did not do as far as a follow up on AD before Shaniya's death.

All this time, I thought you were talking about a cover up and a hush hush for the family (BL).

as with almost anything in life, this all boils down to dollars and cents. IMO the state (ie social services) is doing a whole lot of *advertiser censored* covering because they are afraid of a potential big lawsuit over what was not done to protect Shaniya.

dollars and :twocents:

as with almost anything in life, this all boils down to dollars and cents. IMO the state (ie social services) is doing a whole lot of *advertiser censored* covering because they are afraid of a potential big lawsuit over what was not done to protect Shaniya.

dollars and :twocents:

Absolutely...and that is why I have that lingering fear that the revitalization of Fayetteville ( I posted the article a while back) which means loads of dollars and cents for alot of people, might hinder Shaniya's case. Just cynical old me talking...

I totally agree with you on a Social Services cover up. That's been apparent since the beginning IMO. We've known for a while they dropped the ball big time on AD. Even if Shaniya wouldn't have been there, her son was. I don't think we will ever hear what all they did or did not do as far as a follow up on AD before Shaniya's death.

All this time, I thought you were talking about a cover up and a hush hush for the family (BL).
Nowhere in my post did I mention Social services. I mean the entire case, not only social Services.

They are all about PUBLIC OPINION or else we would get a lot more coverage on this story.
THEY are all about Hushing "Child Trafficking" or we would get more coverage on this story.

This all sucks as I have been saying for a long time....And not only social services. THE ENTIRE CASE.

I still want to know why happened in court with monster Mom, and why she has not been charged for accessory to murder.
I still want to know if the computer that MAM had was actually confiscated or was it some bait & switch job...
If he had what he had on his phone, I think there would be far more on a computer.
OI still want to know how anyone gives a child to Monster Mom in the first place.

Absolutely...and that is why I have that lingering fear that the revitalization of Fayetteville ( I posted the article a while back) which means loads of dollars and cents for alot of people, might hinder Shaniya's case. Just cynical old me talking...

BINGO!!!!!! YOU ARE RIGHT ON THE MONEY...
I have said this from the very start.
they spent several million to build new condominiums and shopping malls.
A child trafficking case would not make those project flourish at all.

BINGO!!!!!! YOU ARE RIGHT ON THE MONEY...
I have said this from the very start.
they spent several million to build new condominiums and shopping malls.
A child trafficking case would not make those project flourish at all.

intrestig theory.

its like the movie 'jaws' where the towns mayor and city council want to cover up the fact that a great white shark is gobbling up swimmers, cause they dont want to lose tourist money.

intrestig theory.

its like the movie 'jaws' where the towns mayor and city council want to cover up the fact that a great white shark is gobbling up swimmers, cause they dont want to lose tourist money.

Sad but true..oh so true. I have seen that much and more. Money and greed will prevail in this world, unless we do something about it!!!

Nowhere in my post did I mention Social services. I mean the entire case, not only social Services.

They are all about PUBLIC OPINION or else we would get a lot more coverage on this story.
THEY are all about Hushing "Child Trafficking" or we would get more coverage on this story.

This all sucks as I have been saying for a long time....And not only social services. THE ENTIRE CASE.

I still want to know why happened in court with monster Mom, and why she has not been charged for accessory to murder.
I still want to know if the computer that MAM had was actually confiscated or was it some bait & switch job...
If he had what he had on his phone, I think there would be far more on a computer.
OI still want to know how anyone gives a child to Monster Mom in the first place.

I'm sorry if I misunderstood your post. I thought since we were discussing an article about social services, and you quoted the original post regarding that article, you were talking about social services.

intrestig theory.

that is a very common strategy in the political arena.
I is called "F" the people or the ethics, watch the dollars. :(

I'm sorry if I misunderstood your post. I thought since we were discussing an article about social services, and you quoted the original post regarding that article, you were talking about social services.
Kimberly this quote out of the article is what spoke to me the loudest I should have made it bold.
Sorry if I did not make myself clear. here it she quote.

"You have one of the most critical areas, as far as public opinion," board Chairman Chester G. Oehme told Skeens. "That's what worries me."

IMHO that is a big part of what really worried him. Justice for Shaniya has to be on the bottom of the pile the real bottom. MOO
WHERE ARE THE ARTICLES ABOUT WHAT IS GOING ON FOR REAL ??????????????????????

That quote is from a social services board chariman.

I assumed when he talked about public opinion, he was speaking about the public opinion regarding social services.

Good morning sweet angel Shaniya. I haven't forgotten, still praying with all my might for JUSTICE on your behalf. I know earthly things such as that do not concern you now, but for all the other Shaniya's who are still living in homes where they are not protected, we will continue to insist on Justice in your name sweety.

Thinking of you this morning Shaniya.

Still praying and waiting for the slow wheels of justice to start turning for you baby.

Me too, Shaniya. Your flowers are overgrown with weeds right now, but more seeds are waiting for just the right weather to come up.
I hope justice for you beats them. And we're still working on the playground!

is there an effort to raise $$$ to build a playground in honor of Shaniya? I would like to donate if there is. Maybe even revitalize an abandoned play ground in an sad neighborhood (like the one Shaniya last call her home). A playground where children like Shaniya can have a place to play on the swings and slide down the sliding board. Wouldn't that be nice?

oh but they have other cases.

they are just better at covering those up.
Not sure they are better at covering it up.
ONLY sure that those cases do not have as much PUBLIC awareness so they are not scrutinized the same way.
I am sure if every case was to hit the media they would be scrambling like chickens without a head.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth