GUILTY WI - Tammie Garlin, 36, murdered at Portage 'house of horrors', 4 June 2007

mssheila

Reaction score
http://www.madison.com/wsj/mad/top/index.php?ntid=197445

PORTAGE -- Officers investigating a child abduction case found an 11-year-old boy who had been severely tortured and then found his dead mother Friday buried in the yard -- a possible homicide victim, police said.

Investigators found the 37-year-old woman's body at 2:20 p.m. Friday after her children -- the 11-year-old boy and a 15-year-old daughter -- told police she had been missing since around Memorial Day. The daughter said after lengthy questioning that her mother might have been buried.
A cadaver dog helped authorities locate the burial spot.

This is a horrible story. God bless that poor little boy. I am surprised that we do not have a thread here on Courtney Clark. Here is the link to here at NCMEC http://www.missingkids.com/missingk...NCMC&seqNum=1&caseLang=en_US&searchLang=en_US
[SIZE=+1]COURTNEY ALISA CLARK[/SIZE]Case Type: Family Abduction DOB: Dec 18, 2004Sex: FemaleMissing Date: Sep 26, 2006Race: WhiteAge Now: 2Height: 2'4" (71 cm)Missing City: SORRENTOWeight: 30 lbs (14 kg)Missing State : FLHair Color: BlondeMissing Country: United StatesEye Color: BlueCase Number: NCMC1064394Circumstances: Courtney was last seen on September 26, 2006. She may be in the company of her non-custodial mother. They may travel to Colorado or Kentucky. Courtney has a scar on her forehead.

What is this world coming too? I just cant believe someone could do the things I read on this forum.....unfortunately they are true.
Can you imagine in another 10 or 20 years what the world will be like at the rate we are going?
I hope this little boy can overcome what has happened to him.

So who killed the little boys mother? Surely she wasnt the one abusing him? And who are the devilish looking scary people in the pictures? I can't imagine what goes through an innocent little childs mind while they are being abused/tortured, locked in closets for hours...it just kills me. :(

What is this world coming too? I just cant believe someone could do the things I read on this forum.....unfortunately they are true.
Can you imagine in another 10 or 20 years what the world will be like at the rate we are going?

I hope the Adults all rot in hell.

There is a perception that this sort of thing happens more often now, but I honestly think we just know more about what is going on all around the country. 50 years ago this news would not have been reported nationally. We have so many more news outlets now competing for stories, and the sensational stuff plays real well.

I was recently browsing the New York Times archives, looking up stories about things that had happened in my home town. In addition to the abduction and murder of a little girl by her nanny in the 70's (which I remembered) there was a series of articles about a child murder in the 1880's. A couple had "adopted" a 12 y/o girl, bought an insurance policy, beat her death and set her on fire.

Bad stuff has always happened. We just share the stories globally now instead of just in our own towns.

So who killed the little boys mother? Surely she wasnt the one abusing him? And who are the devilish looking scary people in the pictures? I can't imagine what goes through an innocent little childs mind while they are being abused/tortured, locked in closets for hours...it just kills me. :(

She must have been at least consenting to the abuse. He had been malnourished for longer than she has been dead.

Sick 's...they should receive the same torture they dole out.

Oh...didnt even think of that. That makes it even that much worse. My heart just breaks for all our little hurting children. :mad:

She must have been at least consenting to the abuse. He had been malnourished for longer than she has been dead.

I remember growing up- my father was in the Marines and we lived on base. All us kids got whupings, often in front of our friends, and what I witnessed some parents do would be called child abuse nowadays. Back then, it was considered normal.

The women in those pictures look evil. Especially that Michaela Clerc. My prayers go out to the children, and I hope the 11 year old makes a full recovery.

These women sure did move around a lot. I'll bet that when they felt that someone was catching on to the abuse in that house they would move. Also with the abducted little Courtney. I remember reading her story and seeing her picture. That mother has had her for quite awhile and it is just a miracle that the other children weren't burnt and abused too. I guess the women just didn't like boys. I wonder who the 15 yr old girl belongs to. It seems that it took her awhile to say that the woman might have been buried in the yard. Lordy, just reading it sounded like it was no big deal to the girl. I hope that wasn't the way she really said it. Was that her mother? Maybe the mother was abusive to her and her brother in different ways or maybe she didn't feel sad if it was her mother and she was abusing her brother like that.

I guess if it had been only the mother doing the abusing then the others would have let the boy out of the closet. They all must be a bunch of monsters that met up at some point. I wonder how the guy fits in here?

I wonder who murdered the woman and how that came about. She could have died for some other reason I guess and no one wanted to report her death because of the abuse and little Courtney. They probably killed her though. What a horrible bunch of monsters. That one woman would scare anyone to death. I hope they all get sentenced to prison for the rest of their lives. I also hope that the children are adopted out and go to loving families. That poor little boy has a lot of healing to do in everyway we can imagine. Poor little thing.

I remember going to my Grandpas during the summer. It would be me my older brother and my cousin. When we acted up Grandpa made us each pick a ''switch'' off the tree outside and bring it to him and then stand in line tallest to shortest and one by one go up to him and hand him our switch and lay across his lap while he whooped our butts with it. I was always last because I was the shortest and I can still remember standing there watching my brother and cousin getting swatted and being scared to death balling my eyeballs out. Grandpa was a good man and we loved him to death and nobody considered it abuse. I couldnt do it to my kids but I guess thats just the way things were back then. Michaela Clerc looks like the devil reincarnated!! Heck even I am scared of her just look at that face.... :silenced:

I remember growing up- my father was in the Marines and we lived on base. All us kids got whupings, often in front of our friends, and what I witnessed some parents do would be called child abuse nowadays. Back then, it was considered normal.

The women in those pictures look evil. Especially that . My prayers go out to the children, and I hope the 11 year old makes a full recovery.

There is a perception that this sort of thing happens more often now, but I honestly think we just know more about what is going on all around the country. 50 years ago this news would not have been reported nationally. We have so many more news outlets now competing for stories, and the sensational stuff plays real well.

I was recently browsing the New York Times archives, looking up stories about things that had happened in my home town. In addition to the abduction and murder of a little girl by her nanny in the 70's (which I remembered) there was a series of articles about a child murder in the 1880's. A couple had "adopted" a 12 y/o girl, bought an insurance policy, beat her death and set her on fire.

Bad stuff has always happened. We just share the stories globally now instead of just in our own towns.

I agree with you, luthersmama. I will go a step further and say that I think the world is getting better. Children's issues have more attention today than ever before and we are getting better at protecting them.

I am heartened every day at the progress we are making. It just takes time to get to where we want to go....things move awfully slowly here on planet Earth.

Imagine that poor little boy having to deal with that Michaela Clerc? I certainly wouldn't mess with her. Chalk us up as another neighborhood where if you even said "Hold on a minute" if your parents called you there was a "licken" waiting. That's the word my gram and mom used. You're asking for a licken. How's about "You're asking to get your tail whooped". Being burned and locked in a closet is a whole other ballgame completely. Poor, poor kid.

PORTAGE, Wis. — Three people were in custody Saturday after police, acting on a tip, discovered a 2-year-old girl missing from Florida, an apparently tortured 11-year-old boy locked in a closet and the boy's mother buried in the backyard of a Wisconsin home.
Two women living in the home — Candace Clark, 23, and Michaela Clerc, 20 — were arrested on charges of obstruction of justice and physical abuse of a child.
Three other children were found in the home Thursday. Two of them — ages 3 months and 1 year — are daughters of Clark, along with a 2-year-old girl who was taken from foster care in Florida in October. Another girl, 15, was also the daughter of a woman whose body was found in the backyard.

More at link......
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,283333,00.html
........................................................................................
Its not often that I am speechless but in this case words just simply fail me...

Hi Opme,

There's another thread on this somewhere-but I can't find it! It's so sad though, isn't it? He was 11 and I wonder how many of those years he had to suffer. :(

OMG that thing was only 20 years old? It looked waaaaay older...

PORTAGE, Wis. — Three people were in custody Saturday after police, acting on a tip, discovered a 2-year-old girl missing from Florida, an apparently tortured 11-year-old boy locked in a closet and the boy's mother buried in the backyard of a Wisconsin home.
Two women living in the home — Candace Clark, 23, and Michaela Clerc, 20 — were arrested on charges of obstruction of justice and physical abuse of a child.
Three other children were found in the home Thursday. Two of them — ages 3 months and 1 year — are daughters of Clark, along with a 2-year-old girl who was taken from foster care in Florida in October. Another girl, 15, was also the daughter of a woman whose body was found in the backyard.

More at link......
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,283333,00.html
........................................................................................
Its not often that I am speechless but in this case words just simply fail me...

These adults are so young, i honestly can't imagine what goes through these peoples' heads.. Where the children home schooled? My prayers for the children, especially the 11 year old boy.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
idrainuk
Back