CA - Edmond Capalla, 39, killed in hit & run, San Francisco, 11 Aug 2012

Reader

Reaction score
http://blog.sfgate.com/matierandros...e-boys-club-figure-sought-in-fatal-s-f-crash/

5/8/13

The San Francisco district attorney’s office has posted a warrant for the arrest of one-time Billionaire Boys Club member Reza Eslaminia for his role in a fatal pedestrian accident last year in which the cab he was driving allegedly ran a red light.

Eslaminia, 52, who had been serving a life prison sentence in the 1984 murder of his father until he was freed on appeal, is accused of misdemeanor vehicular manslaughter in the latest case.

But the D.A.’s office can’t seem to find him.

The D.A. has called a press conference for Thursday to ask for the public’s help in locating Eslaminia, who sources say is believed to be somewhere in Southern California.

The search is just the latest in what otherwise might be described as a comedy of errors.............more at link...........

Why do I think they could find this guy by tracking him on social media.

http://blog.sfgate.com/matierandros...e-boys-club-figure-sought-in-fatal-s-f-crash/

5/8/13

The San Francisco district attorney’s office has posted a warrant for the arrest of one-time Billionaire Boys Club member Reza Eslaminia for his role in a fatal pedestrian accident last year in which the cab he was driving allegedly ran a red light.

Eslaminia, 52, who had been serving a life prison sentence in the 1984 murder of his father until he was freed on appeal, is accused of misdemeanor vehicular manslaughter in the latest case.

But the D.A.’s office can’t seem to find him.

The D.A. has called a press conference for Thursday to ask for the public’s help in locating Eslaminia, who sources say is believed to be somewhere in Southern California.

The search is just the latest in what otherwise might be described as a comedy of errors.............more at link...........

Eslaminia's brother was also charged with the murder of the father, what happened to him?

IIRC, one of the Billionaire Boys Club members went into the witness protection program. And the head of it, can't recall his name, had one of the most expensive trials in San Mareo County history.

Appeal hinges on "non-evidence'

Eric Brazil, OF THE EXAMINER STAFF
Published 4:00 am, Monday, May 19, 1997

(Originally published by The San Francisco Examiner which was later bought out by The San Francisco Chronicle)

"Reza Eslaminia, convicted in 1988 of participating in the notorious Billionaire Boys Club's kidnap-murder of his father, is down to his final appeal, and it hinges on the words of a man who didn't testify at the trial - his brother."

"In a brief filed with the U.S. 9th Circuit Court of Appeals, Eslaminia argues that the San Mateo County jury that convicted him was improperly influenced by a tape recording made surreptitiously by Belmont police with his younger brother Ali.
The tape was on the reverse side of a 45-minute police interview with Reza Eslaminia, which had been introduced into evidence. In that interview, Ali - then homeless - undercut his brother's defense in half a dozen particulars."

"Today, Dr. Ali Eslaminia, 33, a chiropractor practicing in Littleton,Colo., says he has only the foggiest memory of that interview and regrets it.
"I heard the tape and I was kind of shocked and surprised," Ali Eslaminia said in a telephone interview. "When all that was going on I was wrapped up with drinking difficulties and drugging difficulties. A lot of the time I wasn't in my right faculties. I didn't even know that the thing was being taped.
"Some of the things I said might've come from a young, confused kid who didn't know any better" and who resented and envied an elder brother who he thought ignored his problems, Ali Eslaminia said."

More...

I see now that his brother wasn't involved. It was another person, Arben Dosti, whose conviction was also overturned later.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohbeehaave
Back