NC - Zahra Clare Baker, 10, Hickory, 9 Oct 2010 - #20

Status
Not open for further replies.
Which prompts me to ask a question - I apologise in advance if this has already been asked.

Do landfill sites in the US keep records of rubbish deposits? Are there fees for different types of rubbish?

The tip (landfill site) in my area has different sections and fees for varying rubbish. For example, if you were off-loading a mattress you would be asked to deposit it in a particular sectioned area with a higher fee attached. Garden waste would go in another area, again different rate.

I'm assuming the 'landfill sites' are the equivalent of our 'tips'. Facilities such as these in Australia attract fees in an attempt to reduce the environmental impact (s). Your rubbish is scruitinsed to a certain extent by way of segregated areas.

Off topic - it's so difficult for us Aussies to spell correctly on these sites - I just can't bring myself to spell 'customise' as 'customize' or 'colour' as 'color' .... I end up with red, squiggly lines riddled throughout my posts!

BBM

For Canadians, as well. I just spell it the way we do here, and let my Commonwealth flag fly. Don't worry - I am sure everyone gets what you are saying, and I don't imagine people think you're just a bad speller. :)

Just wanted to say y'all are awesome! I've been lurking for awhile, so finally decided to join. I've been so amazed to learn how many people care for children they have never met. This has renewed my faith in man-kind and I thank y'all for that!!! Praying for Zahra.

okay, i just wanted to put links to both the AB 911 call and his first MSM interview in one place for easier comparison. Thanks Nursebeeme and LiveLaughLuv. *fistbump*

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5706121&postcount=163"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - NC NC - Zahra Claire Baker, 10, Hickory, 9 Oct 2010 # 17[/ame]

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5712739&postcount=506"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - NC NC - Zahra Claire Baker, 10, Hickory, 9 Oct 2010 # 19[/ame]

The biggest inconsistency that pops out at me is here in the 911 call that was at around 2pm on saturday:

ADAM BAKER: The police were out here last night. They found a ransom note for my bosses daughter… um… I got up a little while ago… and it appears they took my daughter instead of my bosses daughter.

Note: "I got up a little while ago" is a complete non-sequitur.

and here in the GMA interview:

R: so you went back to sleep and left the house around 11 or 12 on saturday also

B: yes ((no hesitation))

R: also to check on a job. Got back sometime around 2 pm and that;s when you reported that Zahra was missing?

B: Yes sir

where he says he just got back from checking on a job.

:waitasec:
So which is it? Did he just get up a little while ago or did he just get back from a job?
And if he did leave, did he drive his company vehicle doused in gasoline? Or the Camry? If he drove the Tahoe, wouldn't he have to change out of clothes that reaked of gasoline? Or would you just start doing yard work? Or would you get right back in bed and then wake up and call?
It leaves me with waaaay more questions than answers.

<<<<<<<snipped>>>>>>>>

NANCY GRACE, HOST: What can you tell me -- out to you, Natisha Lance -- about a secret new search? I`m hearing that evidence-- that news right now?

NATISHA LANCE, NANCY GRACE PRODUCER: Well, Nancy, there is a search going on today for Zahra Baker`s body. Cadaver dogs were used as a part of this search. However, police are not exposing to us where the search is taking place, how close it is to the Baker home, or how many dogs are being used.

But they are saying that they are using cadaver dogs, still looking for Zahra Baker`s body, while they are still searching the landfill looking for this significant piece of evidence.

GRACE: To Dr. Bethany Marshall, psychoanalyst, author of "Dealbreakers."

Dr. Bethany, you know, this woman has lived in and around the North Carolina area for a long time. Don`t you think that it would be very predictable like Casey Anthony to go hide the body or evidence somewhere only she thinks she knows about. Some hiding hole in her youth?

BETHANY MARSHALL, PSYCHOANALYST, AUTHOR OF "DEALBREAKERS": Yes, I think it`s predictable because often when these women kill children, they do tend to stash the body close to the house. I think the stats say within three blocks of the house is where you`ll find the body of the child.

And if I can say a comment about the 911 call, the fact that the dad says the little girl is brooding and she`s only 10. This is what we see with domestic abuse against children, is that there`s perceptual distortions in the age of the child.

Like the adult might say, well, of course I had to hit and spank Johnny, he didn`t clean the house. And then you find out that Johnny is only 5. So they confuse what it means to be an adult and what it means to be a child.

And I love how he tries to butter up the 911 operator by asking her how he is before he pitches his false, implausible transparent story.

GRACE: With me right now is a special guest, it is Marc Klaas, the president and founder of KlaasKids Foundation. Joining us out of San Francisco.

The other night I asked Marc for the first time in all the years that I`ve known him his response to the way that Zahra`s father reacted to Zahra`s disappearance. And he compared that to when he discovered his little girl Polly was missing.

And I will never for the rest of my life forget what you said.

Marc, I want to hear your thoughts on tonight`s developments. The new search by cadaver dogs where police are not revealing. The taking of the mattresses out of the landfill.

What more do you think, Marc?

MARC KLAAS, PRESIDENT AND FOUNDER, KLAASKIDS FOUNDATION: Well, unlike the Lori Hacking case when they knew almost exactly when she disappeared, which was while she was out jogging one morning, we have a two-week window here. So as soon as they find the relevant garbage grid, they`re going to have two weeks worth of garbage to go through.

Now I believe that Jean`s observation about the mattress was really spot on. And we can only hope that they`re looking for a mattress and not the tiny little leg -- the tiny little partial leg of this poor little girl. That truly is looking for the proverbial needle in a haystack.

They have so many pieces of information and they`re looking in so many places that one can only hope that one of them proves to be true.

And I agree with Bethany, and I think that the statistics will prove this out. That children that are murdered are found within a quarter mile of the location that they were murdered in, so they can almost just draw a circle around that -- a perimeter around that, and concentrate on that ground and hopefully they`ll be able to solve this case by doing that.

GRACE: You know, Marc Klaas, a lot of times I project on to victims` families how I think they should act having been a crime victim. I am a crime victim. And I know many people think that`s wrong. I don`t think that`s wrong, and I want your opinion, being a crime victim as you are, a victim`s rights crusader.

I want your impression of the behavior of this stepmother and father.

KLAAS: Well, she`s just pure evil. Remember she had a picture of little Zahra on her MySpace or Facebook page and she called her the dark child.

GRACE: Dark child.

KLAAS: This little girl with a beautiful little smile.

GRACE: Yes.

KLAAS: So she`s pure evil. He is complicit, whether he had an active role in disappearing this little girl or whether it`s simply through turning a blind eye and enabling her to do what she did.

He`s absolutely complicit. His job is to protect that child, not to ignore her, not to turn a blind eye to her and let evil acts be committed upon her.

GRACE: Now, Marc, you could not have put it any better.

And also, Natisha Lance, we learn tonight that step mommy lawyers up with a lawyer that specializes in murder one defense.

LANCE: Right, Nancy. She was visited by this lawyer. Her name is Lisa Dubs. And she has a history of actually representing women who are accused of killing her -- killing their children. There was a case back in 2008 where a woman kept her two children in the house, 10 and 8 years old, house was set on fire, she was able to save that woman`s life from getting the death penalty.

GRACE: Unleash the lawyers. Renee Rockwell, Peter Odom. It`s kind of like coming into court with Johnnie Cochran. All right? You know you`re guilty then, and everybody else in the courtroom does too, Rockwell?

RENEE ROCKWELL, DEFENSE ATTORNEY: OK, so now because of the attorney you get are we going to use that as evidence against the defendant, Nancy?

GRACE: Why am I not surprised that`s what you said? What about it, Odom?

PETER ODOM, DEFENSE ATTORNEY: She`s being looked at for murder, I would do exactly the same thing. And the more innocent I was, the better I`d look for. And I can`t believe that you`re suggesting that because she hires a murder lawyer --

more at the link:
http://www.cnnstudentnews.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1010/21/ng.01.html

I wonder why they asked the neighbors to not allow the media up on the banks of the landfill....???
Just dreaming here.. but maybe Henry Lee is helping out...:D
Being 3 things are missing now..: Zahra, a mattress, and Zahra's leg.. I'm starting to get a theory in my mind.... and it's not much of a stretch......:(

I'm hoping today we have some answers... praying for Zahra....

After seeing the scenes of the search at the landfill and seeing the attention paid to the mattresses, I'm wondering if she was killed while in bed/asleep. She would probably not have worn the hearing aids and the leg.

Perhaps in a rush to clean the crime scene, the hearing aids were accidentally left behind.

My first post on this thread, but I am doing my best to keep up. You all are doing a fantastic job here! Thank you.
It seems like DNA & ear wax on Zahras hearing aids would be able to give a time when Zahra last had the hearing aids on.I know it sounds far fetched but DNA has to be on the hearing aids I would think.

Which prompts me to ask a question - I apologise in advance if this has already been asked.

Do landfill sites in the US keep records of rubbish deposits? Are there fees for different types of rubbish?

The tip (landfill site) in my area has different sections and fees for varying rubbish. For example, if you were off-loading a mattress you would be asked to deposit it in a particular sectioned area with a higher fee attached. Garden waste would go in another area, again different rate.

I'm assuming the 'landfill sites' are the equivalent of our 'tips'. Facilities such as these in Australia attract fees in an attempt to reduce the environmental impact (s). Your rubbish is scruitinsed to a certain extent by way of segregated areas.

Off topic - it's so difficult for us Aussies to spell correctly on these sites - I just can't bring myself to spell 'customise' as 'customize' or 'colour' as 'color' .... I end up with red, squiggly lines riddled throughout my posts!

Well I am sure it was the original spelling We are such rebels here LOL we just had to drop the u from color and replace s with z in several words
actually this is the story

[ame]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_and_British_English_spelling_differences[/ame]

BETHANY MARSHALL, PSYCHOANALYST, AUTHOR OF "DEALBREAKERS": Yes, I think it`s predictable because often when these women kill children, they do tend to stash the body close to the house. I think the stats say within three blocks of the house is where you`ll find the body of the child.

And if I can say a comment about the 911 call, the fact that the dad says the little girl is brooding and she`s only 10. This is what we see with domestic abuse against children, is that there`s perceptual distortions in the age of the child.

Like the adult might say, well, of course I had to hit and spank Johnny, he didn`t clean the house. And then you find out that Johnny is only 5. So they confuse what it means to be an adult and what it means to be a child.

And I love how he tries to butter up the 911 operator by asking her how he is before he pitches his false, implausible transparent story.

I thought that section was interesting, worth having a bit of a look into...

http://www.cnnstudentnews.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1010/21/ng.01.html

I wonder why they asked the neighbors to not allow the media up on the banks of the landfill....???
Just dreaming here.. but maybe Henry Lee is helping out...:D
Being 3 things are missing now..: Zahra, a mattress, and Zahra's leg.. I'm starting to get a theory in my mind.... and it's not much of a stretch......:(

I'm hoping today we have some answers... praying for Zahra....
bbm
banish the thought although he did change the way I look at ketchup

bbm
banish the thought although he did change the way I look at ketchup

yeah..mine too..

Henry Lee just popped into my mind because he was on the prosecutions side about another case that involved a murder and a woodchipper..
The statement by LE saying that they are not looking for Zahra in the landfill just throws me off...
Why wouldn't they be looking for her there.. She could have been disposed of with the mattress.. It's surely possible...
as always.... JMO

About the spelling-- I wander around on the cheezburger net, and sometimes the wordage creeps out on other sites :) "ktxbi"

<<<<<<<snipped>>>>>>>>

NANCY GRACE, HOST: What can you tell me -- out to you, Natisha Lance -- about a secret new search? I`m hearing that evidence-- that news right now?

NATISHA LANCE, NANCY GRACE PRODUCER: Well, Nancy, there is a search going on today for Zahra Baker`s body. Cadaver dogs were used as a part of this search. However, police are not exposing to us where the search is taking place, how close it is to the Baker home, or how many dogs are being used.

But they are saying that they are using cadaver dogs, still looking for Zahra Baker`s body, while they are still searching the landfill looking for this significant piece of evidence.

Have we seen anything else about the cadaver dog searches? Is it possible that only NG is reporting this? I watched the intro/teaser and assumed it was old news and didn't even watch, I was tired and the media clip merry-go-round was making me dizzy. :crosseyed::hypno:

I think he means EB but who knows that page gives me the creeps I sure hope LE is reading every word

From the link to AY's FB page I noticed one of his likes was Deathnote apparently a TV series appologies if there are more than one series titled deathnote, I found the link on IMDB. There is a user review which in part describes the series highly recommended those who enjoy crime/psychological/dark themes.

Strange enough for an ex-partner to still be in the picture, he seems to like the dark themes too?

I think he means EB but who knows that page gives me the creeps I sure hope LE is reading every word

I agree-so I take it AB is no longer on the fence about EB! Too bad it took him so long to see her for what she is-however I'm still on the fence about AB! Was he completely ignorant to what was going on?:waitasec:

From the link to AY's FB page I noticed one of his likes was Deathnote apparently a TV series appologies if there are more than one series titled deathnote, I found the link on IMDB. There is a user review which in part describes the series highly recommended those who enjoy crime/psychological/dark themes.

Strange enough for an ex-partner to still be in the picture, he seems to like the dark themes too?

He also has a link to IMVU Products, which the site where EB and AB met. All very interconnected really aren't they? He's also the only player who hasn't set his wall to 'private' ... Telling IMO.

Have we seen anything else about the cadaver dog searches? Is it possible that only NG is reporting this? I watched the intro/teaser and assumed it was old news and didn't even watch, I was tired and the media clip merry-go-round was making me dizzy. :crosseyed::hypno:

I live about 2 hours away from Hickory and I have not heard anything on the local news about any more searches only the search at the landfill.

I just want to say hello to everyone :seeya: I have been lurking and reading and I think it is wonderful to have a place such as Websleuths where so many caring people can discuss all these cases!

Something about AY bothers me. He sure is vocal on his FB page (which has been linked here many many times).

I have ex's (boyfriends) and my husband and I certainly don't hang around them and have a relationship with them (vise versa with my hubands ex's). We know each other's ex's but we are not buddy buddy know what I mean?

This guy seems to have had a close relationship with ZB (that's the way he makes it sound anyway). I just find that a bit strange but then again maybe it's because it's a small town.

Sorry just thinking out loud ...

JMO

^ so close to her but hasn't seen her since February, and didn't do anything about the abuse. And now can't believe how much he misses her etc? I see a media tour in his future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member