Skyla Whitaker, 11, & Taylor Placker 13 - Found Murdered - #17

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all, longtime reader, "every-now-and-then" contributor... Does anyone know if it is possible to get one of those "In Memory -- BFF" wrist bands for Taylor and Skyla? I know they were giving them out at their school, but I didn't know if I could get one... I want to wear it until they find the !@#$$@!%^%$! who did this to them. Thanks!
Maybe if you called them you could find out if they had extras after giving them out to the students, or you could email them.
http://www.graham.k12.ok.us/

If the casings have prints, why hasn't OSBI been able to identify the killer(s)? It's difficult to believe they wouldn't already have a criminal background and already be printed.
TMK, no info. has been released on what they have in the way of evidence, or DNA or to what forencic lab it would been sent to???

However I have heard of a new technique that the British are using and usually they are the first to devise such new testing like they were the first ones to use DNA testing.

I have read about this new technology and I assume it is legit. It basically says if you touch a bullet casing with your bare fingers they can get your fingerprint even if you wipe the bullets clean. Since they have more than a couple casings they should be able to get a print off one of them.

I wouldn't hold my breath though.

Now if no one was home, it's a whole different scenario. No one would know for sure when the girls left.

I don't see how it would hurt the investigation to tell people who talked to the girls last, who in the family saw them alive last and at what time, who was home that afternoon, and if the Plackers weren't home then where were they and what time did they leave.

I assume if somebody knows something and they haven't called LE it is because they are scared, don't trust LE, or don't care. I assume it is probably a combination of the first two. It is very hard to encourage someone to come forward if LE has no dialog with the public.

I have read about this new technology and I assume it is legit. It basically says if you touch a bullet casing with your bare fingers they can get your fingerprint even if you wipe the bullets clean. Since they have more than a couple casings they should be able to get a print off one of them.

I wouldn't hold my breath though.
I'm not holding my breath either.

In view of the fact that the crime scene wasn't photographed, tire tracks cast (if they were) and other evidence obtained until it was dark leaves me with doubts as to what may have been missed.

Mix that with rain that followed, road grading, bringing in a dog days later after the road had been traveled & trampled leaves me with further doubts as to viable evidence.

I don't see how it would hurt the investigation to tell people who talked to the girls last, who in the family saw them alive last and at what time, who was home that afternoon, and if the Plackers weren't home then where were they and what time did they leave.

That's the part that's confusing, what's the big secret? It's not unheard of for someone to leave for awhile to go into town or pick someone up and leave girls that age home.

I'm wondering if the Land & Cell phone record logs will ever be released as they have been in other cases?

I also wonder why there was no TOD listed on the Autopsy Report??, not even an estimated TOD, only the time the bodies were found.

That's the part that's confusing, what's the big secret? It's not unheard of for someone to leave for awhile to go into town or pick someone up and leave girls that age home.

I'm wondering if the Land & Cell phone record logs will ever be released as they have been in other cases?

I also wonder why there was no TOD listed on the Autopsy Report??, not even an estimated TOD, only the time the bodies were found.

I have seen other autopsy reports that left that section blank even though the ME had strong circumstantial evidence to show an estimated TOD so I don't find that significant that it isn't on there. It will most likely be on the Death Certificates though.

If there is a trial then I am sure the DA will introduce cell phone and land line records into the case.

I am not sure it is a secret. LE may think it has no relevance in this case and would not change the overall events as they unfolded. They have Rose's phone records where she called the Plackers and it would be easy to ascertain where the Plackers were at the time but then I think the Plackers have told LE exactly where they were before, during and when the bodies were discovered.

LE never tells all of their evidence so I don't expect them to give a detailed account until the perpetrators are caught and this goes to trial.

imoo

I have seen other autopsy reports that left that section blank even though the ME had strong circumstantial evidence to show an estimated TOD so I don't find that significant that it isn't on there. It will most likely be on the Death Certificates though.

If there is a trial then I am sure the DA will introduce cell phone and land line records into the case.

I am not sure it is a secret. LE may think it has no relevance in this case and would not change the overall events as they unfolded. They have Rose's phone records where she called the Plackers and it would be easy to ascertain where the Plackers were at the time but then I think the Plackers have told LE exactly where they were before, during and when the bodies were discovered.

LE never tells all of their evidence so I don't expect them to give a detailed account until the perpetrators are caught and this goes to trial.

imoo

I guess I was expecting the see some of the same type documents we saw in the Laurean/Lauterbach case.

In regards to the bracelets, I think they were mentioned on kjrh channel 2 out of Tulsa when they aired an update when Graham was fixing to go back to school. As far as trying to find one today, well tomorrow now that it's late. They have been selling them at Jiffy Mart, a gas station in Henryetta. They also kept some for the students. Ms Mankin has said that not enough were ordered, since it wasn't anticipated that so many would want to purchase them. She has since ordered more but they may not be in for a week or so. When they do come in they will be available at Jiffy Mart again, a location in Dustin and another in Weleetka. I believe the Henryetta news paper is also going to try carrying some, if there are enough available.

Sorry it has taken me some time to respond. Honestly, I don't know if they are related or not. Given the information that the Harris boy was connected to the Keloughs through his mom, then my guess would be yes. As far as I know, there aren't many Keloughs outside of this area of the state and all the ones I know are related. So, I'm thinking, yes, they probably are kin.

C2 thanks for the photos.
Is that the little cafe that Uncle Joe was supposedly yapping at the night of the murders? :confused:

The restraunt he was talking about after the murders was just off the highway at Henryetta, the one called Pig Out Palace or Huckleberrys. The area c2 was in is known as Pharoah (sp?)

The restraunt he was talking about after the murders was just off the highway at Henryetta, the one called Pig Out Palace or Huckleberrys.

ht7f2r.jpg

Huckleberry's Pig Out Palace
10029 Highway 62, Henryetta, OK 74437

I assume if somebody knows something and they haven't called LE it is because they are scared, don't trust LE, or don't care. I assume it is probably a combination of the first two. It is very hard to encourage someone to come forward if LE has no dialog with the public.

Yes, they are keeping things secret that might bring people forward if, for instance, the Plackers said they were home and someone saw them elsewhere at the same time.

Sorry it has taken me some time to respond. Honestly, I don't know if they are related or not. Given the information that the Harris boy was connected to the Keloughs through his mom, then my guess would be yes. As far as I know, there aren't many Keloughs outside of this area of the state and all the ones I know are related. So, I'm thinking, yes, they probably are kin.
There is a Crystal G. & Kristopher Kelough out here near me..........hmm!

Yes, they are keeping things secret that might bring people forward if, for instance, the Plackers said they were home and someone saw them elsewhere at the same time.

I believe LE knows the answer to this question. And I (want to!!!) believe that whatever information LE is holding back - is for a reason. I wouldn't say I'm optimistic, but I'm certainly not without hope....

My optimism is fading. There have been so many cases where the thought was that LE was keeping things close, yet the cases are plainly not solved.

I think if OSBI had anything, there would have been an arrest by now. They aren't going to let a child killer walk the streets.

ht7f2r.jpg

Huckleberry's Pig Out Palace

10029 Highway 62, Henryetta, OK 74437

ClayCat.....You not gonna believe this.

The picture of Huckleberrys Pig Out Palace, triggered my memory of what 'goose berry bushes' have always been called in my area, Huckleberry Bushes....my Mother made many huckleberry pies, us kids picked from gooseberry bushes....imo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member