Skyla Whitaker, 11, & Taylor Placker 13 - Found Murdered - #17

Status
Not open for further replies.
My optimism is fading. There have been so many cases where the thought was that LE was keeping things close, yet the cases are plainly not solved.

I think if OSBI had anything, there would have been an arrest by now. They aren't going to let a child killer walk the streets.

Understandable. I just can't let myself feel that way or - I will NEVER sleep again!!! Considering everything that has been uncovered on this board relating to the families, I do feel that LE has quite a few stones to "unturn." May take a little time, but I do believe, in my heart, they will figure it out. I keep coming back to the phrase, "there is no honor among thieves." Someone will turn...

I guess I was expecting the see some of the same type documents we saw in the Laurean/Lauterbach case.

But weren't those things revealed after they had nabbed Laurean about three months after the crime happened?

If there is an arrest then I think we may learn more but until then we may not.

imoo

I believe LE knows the answer to this question. And I (want to!!!) believe that whatever information LE is holding back - is for a reason. I wouldn't say I'm optimistic, but I'm certainly not without hope....

I feel assured that OSBI has all of the information and much more.

Just because we don't know all the particulars doesn't mean they don't.

They may not want to release the TOD so that the killers will know they know. That way when they interrogate them they cant doctor a made up alibi beforehand.

imoo

Do I need to stop in the Pig Out Palace and see whats up there? Just let me know. I have stopped there many times and dont mind doing so when I am there again.

Do I need to stop in the Pig Out Palace and see whats up there? Just let me know. I have stopped there many times and dont mind doing so when I am there again.

If you're hungry round that time.....why not?!?!?!?

Maybe if you called them you could find out if they had extras after giving them out to the students, or you could email them.
http://www.graham.k12.ok.us/

Ya I'll see if they will accept a "donation" for some. Will let you guys know in case many of you want one or two.

aaahhh Just nose 'n, I just saw your post. I will try to track some down or at least find out when more will be available. Thanks for the info.

I feel assured that OSBI has all of the information and much more.

Just because we don't know all the particulars doesn't mean they don't.

They may not want to release the TOD so that the killers will know they know. That way when they interrogate them they cant doctor a made up alibi beforehand.

imoo

I so, so, so hope we're right OBE!!! I could not bear to see this case go unsolved. :mad:

If you go, I would like to know if Uncle Joe was there the night of the murders yapping about it. And if he WAS,
* what did he say ?
* how did he act ?
* how long did he stay?
* was he alone ?

Thanks gal !!!
ps enjoy the food :)

I miss Southern cooking ........

If you go, I would like to know if Uncle Joe was there the night of the murders yapping about it. And if he WAS,
* what did he say ?
* how did he act ?
* how long did he stay?
* was he alone ?

Thanks gal !!!
ps enjoy the food :)

I miss Southern cooking ........
Will do dear. I can not remember if that place is open 24 or not. Its been a little while. Were loading now and it will be VERY late when were there tomarrow night. Anyone know if they are open 24? We got messed up on our trip back and were sitting at Coores in Colorado still. Dont know when we will get out of here. Were loaded, but we were over gross and had to come back to get the weight right and they still have not touched the trailer again.

PS: I love real southern cooking too. In fact I just love food! LOL I cook at home and we bring it with us and warm things up. I also have decent freezer space so we can freeze a lot of things and bring too. I am not huge on eating out. We mostly eat our own food but we do sit down a couple of times a week to eat, and always say the stuff in the truck is better.

Will do dear. I can not remember if that place is open 24 or not. Its been a little while. Were loading now and it will be VERY late when were there tomarrow night. Anyone know if they are open 24? We got messed up on our trip back and were sitting at Coores in Colorado still. Dont know when we will get out of here. Were loaded, but we were over gross and had to come back to get the weight right and they still have not touched the trailer again.

PS: I love real southern cooking too. In fact I just love food! LOL I cook at home and we bring it with us and warm things up. I also have decent freezer space so we can freeze a lot of things and bring too. I am not huge on eating out. We mostly eat our own food but we do sit down a couple of times a week to eat, and always say the stuff in the truck is better.

Travel safely c2cd!!! Whatever you can discover will be awesome for us here!

I'm not holding my breath either.

In view of the fact that the crime scene wasn't photographed, tire tracks cast (if they were) and other evidence obtained until it was dark leaves me with doubts as to what may have been missed.

Mix that with rain that followed, road grading, bringing in a dog days later after the road had been traveled & trampled leaves me with further doubts as to viable evidence.
When the girls were found there was still 3 hours of daylight to work - rain did not come till about 3 AM - 10 hours after the bodies were found. CSI knew they were fighting a weather limit before they arrived and they came prepared to work fast and non-stop. The scene was photographed, video'd and the footprints and tire tracks were placed into evidence very early. OSBI had this information on display at the Okfuskee offices the next morning. There are NEWS videos of the scene as well, including one showing the evidence markers and the bullets at a distance. They brought in banks of portable lights, and other technology the 1st day - within an hour of the discovery. They did have dogs at the scene at various times for the 1st 3 days - the only dog that came later was the special "gunpowder" dog who came to sweep the areas in question to make sure they had not missed any stray bullets or casings...they had not. The entire area was swept multiple times with metal detectors and other technology was used to detect evidence. The OSBI also did GPS mapping of the entire area and the evidence locations the morning after the crimes - from the ground and the air. In the media thread much of this is documented multiple times. Much of the raw video done by the OSBI is public - you can look at it.

Of course photos and video of the crime scene with the bodies is not going to be released to the public until a trial (if then) - that is customary. I don't believe it's important that we see that - we already know most of the information from the autopsies - that's all I need on the bodies.

OSBI is working this case daily - as is Okfuskee County LE - and OHP. This is not "cold" and we do not even have DNA results at this point. Sadly real-life isn't like CSI with instant results - and I believe the OSBI is doing ALL the forensic and testing work - they are very highly regarded in that respect. We are just 60 days out and that is pretty much the MINIMUM time for DNA and other forensics results - I expect this to run closer to 90 days, they have numerous people to eliminate (and their tests also take time).

I am not giving up and I am certain that OSBi and Okfuskee County are still working this case very hard. they WANT TO SOLVE THIS worse than we want them to, this means something to ALL of them.

My Opinion

The Pig-Out is 24 hours - the only one in Henryetta - that is why Joe Mosher was there at 4 AM on the morning AFTER the murders - he went there after leaving the crime scene at 3 AM when the OSBI was finished with most of their work. Not only my contact but several OTHER people heard about him holding court at the Pig Out after the murders and I betcha the late night staff all can tell you he was there - they would have been at work at that hour.

That Joe Mosher was there is corroborated by several people, not just one (or even 2) random people - it was all over Henryetta at the time - I guess he spilled lots of details and garnered lots of sympathy at the time.

Check it out - bet you'll get an earful if you talk to the right people there...

My Opinion

When the girls were found there was still 3 hours of daylight to work - rain did not come till about 3 AM - 10 hours after the bodies were found. CSI knew they were fighting a weather limit before they arrived and they came prepared to work fast and non-stop. The scene was photographed, video'd and the footprints and tire tracks were placed into evidence very early. OSBI had this information on display at the Okfuskee offices the next morning. There are NEWS videos of the scene as well, including one showing the evidence markers and the bullets at a distance. They brought in banks of portable lights, and other technology the 1st day - within an hour of the discovery. They did have dogs at the scene at various times for the 1st 3 days - the only dog that came later was the special "gunpowder" dog who came to sweep the areas in question to make sure they had not missed any stray bullets or casings...they had not. The entire area was swept multiple times with metal detectors and other technology was used to detect evidence. The OSBI also did GPS mapping of the entire area and the evidence locations the morning after the crimes - from the ground and the air. In the media thread much of this is documented multiple times. Much of the raw video done by the OSBI is public - you can look at it.

Of course photos and video of the crime scene with the bodies is not going to be released to the public until a trial (if then) - that is customary. I don't believe it's important that we see that - we already know most of the information from the autopsies - that's all I need on the bodies.

OSBI is working this case daily - as is Okfuskee County LE - and OHP. This is not "cold" and we do not even have DNA results at this point. Sadly real-life isn't like CSI with instant results - and I believe the OSBI is doing ALL the forensic and testing work - they are very highly regarded in that respect. We are just 60 days out and that is pretty much the MINIMUM time for DNA and other forensics results - I expect this to run closer to 90 days, they have numerous people to eliminate (and their tests also take time).

I am not giving up and I am certain that OSBi and Okfuskee County are still working this case very hard. they WANT TO SOLVE THIS worse than we want them to, this means something to ALL of them.

My Opinion

Oh! I so hope you're right FC! I have faith as well and will attempt to be patient - for a little while longer.

The Pig-Out is 24 hours - the only one in Henryetta - that is why Joe Mosher was there at 4 AM on the morning AFTER the murders - he went there after leaving the crime scene at 3 AM when the OSBI was finished with most of their work. Not only my contact but several OTHER people heard about him holding court at the Pig Out after the murders and I betcha the late night staff all can tell you he was there - they would have been at work at that hour.

That Joe Mosher was there is corroborated by several people, not just one (or even 2) random people - it was all over Henryetta at the time - I guess he spilled lots of details and garnered lots of sympathy at the time.

Check it out - bet you'll get an earful if you talk to the right people there...

My Opinion
Good deal on the 24/7 I know a lot of the places we stop at are starting to close at night so good to know that one is still open. Looks like that may be just the place to stop and rest tomarrow night and go in for some late night coffee to check it out. Wait staff love to talk in the EARLY morning hours to help stay awake! Thanks for the information, that gives me something to go on from here.

Lets see what I can gleam from the Pig! I know when we went into Kelloggs, what was it last week or the week before I cant remember my days are running together, there wasnt so much as a peep. Then yesterday at Cow Poke's and Bernhard there was little talk, so maybe going a little more East to Pig will get us a little closer to someone who know's, thinks, or can give the local dish.

My Opinion

Aw yes, servers love to talk about the goings on. :)

Good deal on the 24/7 I know a lot of the places we stop at are starting to close at night so good to know that one is still open. Looks like that may be just the place to stop and rest tomarrow night and go in for some late night coffee to check it out. Wait staff love to talk in the EARLY morning hours to help stay awake! Thanks for the information, that gives me something to go on from here.

Lets see what I can gleam from the Pig! I know when we went into Kelloggs, what was it last week or the week before I cant remember my days are running together, there wasnt so much as a peep. Then yesterday at Cow Poke's and Bernhard there was little talk, so maybe going a little more East to Pig will get us a little closer to someone who know's, thinks, or can give the local dish.

Barry who owns that place is a good friend of mine. Tell him I said Hi, but I dont think he knows me as frog. Nice people there. He is great!

My Opinion

If they have DNA and or fingerprints this case should never really go cold. If they don't, I think this case is already cold. Without DNA or prints, the only way they are going to solve this is if someone calls them.

I can't shake the impression this investigation is moving like an elephant wearing cement shoes. Little information is given out and when they do talk to the public, have you noticed what they say? They tell us how hard they are working. That isn't a good sign.

It sure looks to me like younger people did this. If they were younger they probably knew Taylor. And they had to be capable of doing something like this. And they had to have some free time that Sunday afternoon. The number of people that would qualify can't be very large.

So if it was younger people like this then something is seriously wrong.

If they have DNA and or fingerprints this case should never really go cold. If they don't, I think this case is already cold. Without DNA or prints, the only way they are going to solve this is if someone calls them.

I can't shake the impression this investigation is moving like an elephant wearing cement shoes. Little information is given out and when they do talk to the public, have you noticed what they say? They tell us how hard they are working. That isn't a good sign.

It sure looks to me like younger people did this. If they were younger they probably knew Taylor. And they had to be capable of doing something like this. And they had to have some free time that Sunday afternoon. The number of people that would qualify can't be very large.

So if it was younger people like this then something is seriously wrong.

I feel somethng should have developed by now. This case is cooling off to the point of going cold.

I think it may be young people and the parents may suspect, but are keeping their mouths shut to protect their child. Remember how Caylee Anthony's grandmother said in the first call that the car smelled like a dead body. Now she is doing everything she can to protect her daughter. These parents would have had two months to think about this. I think they are more likely to move than to turn their child in, if indeed it was a young person who did this. If it is the child from an influential family, there may be a lot of people covering it up.

Regarding the bracelets, I e-mailed the school and within an hour I received a reply. They have ordered more, and are selling them to the general public for $1.00 each plus $0.50 shipping if they have to mail it. The proceeds will be used to buy new cheerleading uniforms (the girls didn't want to wear the same ones as last year because of what happened). Just send the money to Wanda Mankin, Graham School, Rt. 1 Box 91B1, Weleetka, OK 74880. Cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23