Theories On What Happened to Caylee Part #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
pjsmommy
user_online.gif

Brand New Here
Just wanted to say hello, I have literally read here everyday for YEARS but never could register because of an AOL email address. Anyways, this case finally prompted me to do something. I look forward to joining this community with you all and discussing, for now, I just had a quick thought regarding Caylee. Early on, in one of the television interviews (maybe have been with Greta, or Nancy Grace) the grandma was talking about the shed being locked....
when she was explaining that Casey would have used a shovel to remove bamboo, something else she said has stuck with me ever since, something about there are safety rules in this house, everything is child proofed, there is a rule about the ladder in the pool, it is never to be left on the pool??? Something like that, forgive me for sounding rambling, but has anyone brought that up? like maybe caylee drowned in their pool? Have the cops checked that? Maybe thats why they would smell that in the backyard, then she was moved later? casey may have freaked out that she left her daughter out there alone or something? Just a thought, and nice to meet you all, I'm Julie
pjsmommy
user_online.gif

I'm just going over scenarios in my head that might make any sort of sense. Perhaps the grandparents went on vacation, Casey is at their house with Caylee, they are playing in the backyard, Casey falls asleep/ gets distracted with the pool ladder up, and Caylee goes exploring. Casey then discovers what she's done, loses it, because she blames herself (rightfully so) is scared of her mother, and just panics. Thinks about what to do for a few days, while her parents are on vacation, leaves the body in the backyard hidden maybe in the playhouse (that would account for the dog hits), right before her parents are coming home, she decides she needs to move Caylee, and invent a story.
In my own head, i just can't see her doing something to her daughter intentionally, they just looked too happy in pictures.
As far as the grandmother, i feel that she didn't know any of this, and I don't feel like she is so much protecting Casey as she is herself. She is completely in denial IMO and doesn't want for a minute to believe her precious granddaughter is dead, so she will look at any crazy thought or explanation to rationalize it in her head because the alternative is too much for her to deal with. Deep down she may know, but she is trying to hang on and keep going because i think if she really sits down and thinks about it, she's going to realize what's happened and it will be too much for her to bear. She is projecting her anger for her daughter on to anyone else who is daring to make sense of this. She isn't guilty of harming her granddaughter i don't believe

progress.gif

Elley Mae
user_online.gif

Did I miss the pool in the back yard, I went back to look for the pictures of the backyard search and could not find them,I don't remember seeing the pool.pjsmommy
user_online.gif

I'm just going over scenarios in my head that might make any sort of sense. Perhaps the grandparents went on vacation, Casey is at their house with Caylee, they are playing in the backyard, Casey falls asleep/ gets distracted with the pool ladder up, and Caylee goes exploring. Casey then discovers what she's done, loses it, because she blames herself (rightfully so) is scared of her mother, and just panics. Thinks about what to do for a few days, while her parents are on vacation, leaves the body in the backyard hidden maybe in the playhouse (that would account for the dog hits), right before her parents are coming home, she decides she needs to move Caylee, and invent a story.
In my own head, i just can't see her doing something to her daughter intentionally, they just looked too happy in pictures.
As far as the grandmother, i feel that she didn't know any of this, and I don't feel like she is so much protecting Casey as she is herself. She is completely in denial IMO and doesn't want for a minute to believe her precious granddaughter is dead, so she will look at any crazy thought or explanation to rationalize it in her head because the alternative is too much for her to deal with. Deep down she may know, but she is trying to hang on and keep going because i think if she really sits down and thinks about it, she's going to realize what's happened and it will be too much for her to bear. She is projecting her anger for her daughter on to anyone else who is daring to make sense of this. She isn't guilty of harming her granddaughter i don't believe

Mohabi
user_offline.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjsmommy

This to me is a highly possible scenario! If this is what happened, I can even have a bit of compassion with Casey, although I can't understand why she would continue to hide the truth.

progress.gif

A theory has come up on another thread (by PJSMOMMY) which is very interesting and several of us think it has some strong possibilities! There is a pool at the Anthony home. Cindy has said that they are very careful as far as family safety is concerned (locking the sheds, making sure the pool ladder is up, etc.). Well it's possible that while Cindy and George were out of town (anyone know the dates?) that Casey and Caylee were in the home. Somehow Caylee drowned in the pool (perhaps Casey left the ladder on after a party?) and when Casey found her, she panicked. She laid her inside the playhouse while she tried to compose herself or figure out what to do. Casey went over and borrowed a shovel from the neighbors, attempted to bury her daughter and when she determined she couldn't, she then moved her into the trunk. It's possible that she rode around for a few days, not quite sure what to do next. At some point she dumps the body or buries the body, then takes the car to the parking lot, calls her boyfriend and the rest is history.

To me it seems reasonable and here's why:

- alot of us have trouble seeing how she could intentionally kill Caylee because she did seem (from pictures, reports from friends, etc.) to love her daughter. with this theory, it's accidental and she just panics.

- it would explain the shovel as well as the decomp smell in the yard and car

- it seems to fit into Casey's personallity and lifestyle (immature, irresponsible, possibly she was drunk or had a hangover)

*This is all an opinion and just one possible scenario of what could have happened*

LOL PJSMOMMY.....looks like we both posted at the same time haha!

LOL PJSMOMMY.....looks like we both posted at the same time haha!
Thanks Fae, I started to copy and paste the whole conversation, but got stopped saying it was too long. So i gave up. Hopefully we'll have some answers at some point!

Hi all. I post on Websleuths, but haven't posted in Caylee's thread yet.

I think Caylee's age may play a role in this case. She is two going on three, the time when toddlers learn "no" and start defying their parents. Maybe Casey was able to handle Caylee better when she was a cute baby who didn't talk.

But then the time came when she actually had to start being a real mother, pottytraining Caylee, teaching her words, new skills, etc. But all Casey wanted to do was be 22 and go out and do whatever. She has a strange relationship with her own mother, so instead of taking Cindy up on her offer to care for Caylee, she decides to punish her and break free of her restraints and suffocate or beat Caylee to death, most likely on a night where she wanted to go out.

I think since she killed Caylee, Casey has disassociated from what she's done. It's kind of like some of the very young teenage girls who give birth in public toilets or at their proms and leave the babies to die. Somehow, a switch in them turns off and they deny to themselves what they did.

Hi all. I post on Websleuths, but haven't posted in Caylee's thread yet.

I think Caylee's age may play a role in this case. She is two going on three, the time when toddlers learn "no" and start defying their parents. Maybe Casey was able to handle Caylee better when she was a cute baby who didn't talk.

But then the time came when she actually had to start being a real mother, pottytraining Caylee, teaching her words, new skills, etc. But all Casey wanted to do was be 22 and go out and do whatever. She has a strange relationship with her own mother, so instead of taking Cindy up on her offer to care for Caylee, she decides to punish her and break free of her restraints and suffocate or beat Caylee to death, most likely on a night where she wanted to go out.

I think since she killed Caylee, Casey has disassociated from what she's done. It's kind of like some of the very young teenage girls who give birth in public toilets or at their proms and leave the babies to die. Somehow, a switch in them turns off and they deny to themselves what they did.

There is most definitely a huge diffference from a baby to a 2 year old, i'm dealing with it myself right now, but to me I love it. I love watching my son learn something new everyday, and never once have i thought of him as a burden, but i do know some parents who would think so. It's just so darn sad, i still can't wrap my head around Casey doing this intentionally.

Wildly speculating:

Casey's brother Lee or an uncle or a family friend is the bio-father.
Casey has been extorting $$ from her family.
She told her parents that gave Caylee to someone and they can't see her until they cough up money. (I'd say 50% chance she was never given to anyone, but was killed.)
When GM first heard about she called the cops, but now she has changed her story because Casey didn't crack.

pjsmommy
user_online.gif

Brand New Here
Just wanted to say hello, I have literally read here everyday for YEARS but never could register because of an AOL email address. Anyways, this case finally prompted me to do something. I look forward to joining this community with you all and discussing, for now, I just had a quick thought regarding Caylee. Early on, in one of the television interviews (maybe have been with Greta, or Nancy Grace) the grandma was talking about the shed being locked....
when she was explaining that Casey would have used a shovel to remove bamboo, something else she said has stuck with me ever since, something about there are safety rules in this house, everything is child proofed, there is a rule about the ladder in the pool, it is never to be left on the pool??? Something like that, forgive me for sounding rambling, but has anyone brought that up? like maybe caylee drowned in their pool? Have the cops checked that? Maybe thats why they would smell that in the backyard, then she was moved later? casey may have freaked out that she left her daughter out there alone or something? Just a thought, and nice to meet you all, I'm Julie
pjsmommy
user_online.gif

progress.gif

I think that this is what happened too. iN MY OPINION, I think she was drinking and got side tracked/left her unattended, or fell sleep and the baby fell in the pool and couldn't get out.

I'm not sure where the dogs hit. Anyone know? I think I recall that it was around the playhouse. If so, then she could have put the body there. Or laid the baby out on the ground, borrowed the shovel with the intention of burying her, got half way through, and realized that mom and dad would be home soon and want to know where the baby was and why there was a fresh hole in the yard. She may have hidden the body in the trunk to get it out of sight.

If the baby was in the pool dead long enough, I would think that decomp would set in and would leave more of a trace on the ground and the trunk. Does anyone know if a freshly dead body will leave a "stench" on the lawn if, say, she was trying to do CPR for a few minutes?

In my opinion, it is too unlikely that a child is missing and there was a decomposing smell of someone other than the missing child in the yard and the trunk. I hate to say it, but I believe something bad happened to that child.

THESE ARE MY OPINIONS ONLY.

Also, IIRC, wasn't there a flower bed type thing near the playhouse? I think I recall seeing that on tv when the dogs were there? I think it had shrubs and pine straw in it?

I find it likely that she may have removed the pine straw thinking that she could bury her there and replace the pinestraw and it would not be as noticable. Maybe the roots prevented her from burying her, so she had to put her in the trunk.

this seems very plausible. explains some of the weird statements by Grandma after the fact with regard to Casey being afraid to tell her things. also, i would guess Grandpa might have been completely in the dark which would explain his bewilderment.

(this is a reply to the previous post)

I wonder if Casey put caylee in the trunk, telling her it was a game so that she could go out and party. She could have given her some pizza to eat while in the trunk. When Casey opened the trunk she was dead. Reason the pizza was in the trunk. I would have thought if she purchased pizza any remains would be in the car. Why put it in the trunk instead of throwing it in a garbage some where.

Wondering if Casey left her in trunk, hence the smell and knew others would notice so she placed trash in the trunk hoping to cover up the odor, after realizing it wasn't getting rid of the oder, she abandoned the car. Does anyone know if she was in fact staying with parents then left and took the car when they were on vacation?

As for the Gma, I don't think she knew anything even now except that she may believe Caylee is deceased and cant admit to herself as it would overwhelm her right now. Her brother, to me anyway, sounded as if he is trying to pry info out of Casey, acting "as if he is on her side" to make her trust him and give him info. I think the whole family at this point, though wanting to hold out hope she is still alive is hoping she will reveal something along the way so they can find Caylee. God Bless the precious little baby :(

I am new to this site.
this case had me from MISSING CHILD. I started following it from day one. I cant stop thinking about it. I even had dreams of it and unrestfull sleep.
As everyone else on this thead think, she is not coming home. I am not sure if we will ever know all the answers to all the lies in this case. Its deffenently a case of many turns and twists.
I watch all the tv show on crimes and I know we will find out a lot on this but
never all of it. (she is acting like susan that drowned her 2 boys)
I agree with most of you on it being an accident went wrong. Drugs do many stupid things to your brain, thinking she could cover it up.
I think she is acting the way she is because she has already gone through her greeving period and now all she is worried about is saving her sole.
I feel bad for all the folks she has out looking for this child.
I am sorry she just doent seem like a mother that just lost her child from someone taking her.

I believe that Casey is a sociopath. She shows no emotion about missing Caylee. I also believe that Cindy blames herself for Caylee's death because she knew that Casey wasn't capable of taking care of Caylee by herself. The reason Casey had Caylee was a power struggle that has been going on since Caylee was born.

Caylee was the loveable girl that Casey never was. Caylee got all of the adoring attention and Casey was angry. Also, Casey used Caylee as a pawn against Cindy to get Cindy to do whatever Casey wanted. Poor Caylee was in between these two females and is now dead. Casey killed her.. I don't know how.. but as any sociopath, Casey is not concerned.

Cindy won't accept the obvious because that would mean accepting that her daughter is a killer, accepting that Caylee is never coming back alive, and accepting her own guilt that she let Caylee go with Casey. Cindy and the other family members know that Caylee is dead, but are doing the dance that they have for years, to pretend that they support Casey so hopefully Casey will tell the truth.

Hi everbody! I haven't posted in a long time, but this case has got me going. It's obvious Cayley is not coming home alive. Casey probably killed her accidently or deliberately by leaving her in the car in the Florida heat or by putting her in the truck while alive. Either way I doubt if it would have taken long for the heat to kill her. The pizza was probably put in later to cover up the smell of death, but obviously didn't work.

Sounds like Cayley was in the way for Casey's new relationship with her boyfriend. So I doubt if she was too sad having her out of the way.

I think Caylee drown in that pool while mommy dearest was preoccupied and wasn't watching her. Then mommy panicked, knowing what her mother would say and do. Telling her what a bad mother she was etc. She didn't think that her family would forgive her for her ignorance. She buried little Caylee's body in the yard until she could think and figure out what to do next, where everyone would believe her story. JMO

Although, I still pray I'm wrong!

I think all of the Anthony's with the possible exception of the grandfather need to be locked up and the key thrown away until such time they admit what happened to Caylee. I am fully convinced that Casey is responsible for what happened to Caylee and am really leaning towards Cynthia being involved, maybe not directly but certainly indirectly, by providing false statements, trying to deflect the attention and focus off of Casey's involvement, etc. Anyway, it's a tragedy what has happened and when I look at pics of Caylee, she reminds me so much of Samantha Runnion and we know what happened to her.

I believe that Casey is a sociopath. She shows no emotion about missing Caylee. I also believe that Cindy blames herself for Caylee's death because she knew that Casey wasn't capable of taking care of Caylee by herself. The reason Casey had Caylee was a power struggle that has been going on since Caylee was born.

Caylee was the loveable girl that Casey never was. Caylee got all of the adoring attention and Casey was angry. Also, Casey used Caylee as a pawn against Cindy to get Cindy to do whatever Casey wanted. Poor Caylee was in between these two females and is now dead. Casey killed her.. I don't know how.. but as any sociopath, Casey is not concerned.

Cindy won't accept the obvious because that would mean accepting that her daughter is a killer, accepting that Caylee is never coming back alive, and accepting her own guilt that she let Caylee go with Casey. Cindy and the other family members know that Caylee is dead, but are doing the dance that they have for years, to pretend that they support Casey so hopefully Casey will tell the truth.

Bookbakery,
I totally agree with this post. It makes me sick to think about it. Unfortunately, I think you "hit the nail on the head" with your opinion.

Ruflossn

I also think that it's possible, Cindy "MAY" have figured it out, and thought she already lost her granddaughter and is trying her best not to loose her daughter now too. Knowing Casey will be facing prison time for a very long time. But her guilt is getting the best of her, and she if failing miserably at trying to convince people of her daughters innocence.
.... Although, I am not convinced just yet on this part.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23