GUILTY GA - Lauren Giddings, 27, Macon, 26 June 2011 # 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Questions I have pondered and at least partially posted before -- maybe somebody feels like speculating?

1) If the email sent from Lauren's computer about a possible attempted break-in on (at least, according to SM) the previous Thursday night was really written by Lauren, what happened to cause her to suspect the attempt? Did she hear a noise, hear something odd at the door, notice something on the porch out of place... what?

2) If the email was written by the perp, why choose Thursday night as the time for the "attempted break-in"?

quoting tomkat:

"So she just opened the door and let them in......and whoever left, locked it on their way out. Confusing the whole scene."

I'm leaning toward the perp already being in the apt waiting for her. And as McMunn said, the landlady would have locked it on her way out.
Remember, she had a spare key in the vase on the table outside.
Her friends used it to check on her that night.
That key would not be hard to find, and anyone with half a brain that wanted to break in
would certain look around for one. Guess that goes to show how trusting and open she was.
I know a woman, who lives alone, and she keeps a key right under the front door mat.
But, she's the same way. In fact, she's a real estate agent.
People with that type of personality are just like that.

Questions I have pondered and at least partially posted before -- maybe somebody feels like speculating?

1) If the email sent from Lauren's computer about a possible attempted break-in on (at least, according to SM) the previous Thursday night was really written by Lauren, what happened to cause her to suspect the attempt? Did she hear a noise, hear something odd at the door, notice something on the porch out of place... what?

2) If the email was written by the perp, why choose Thursday night as the time for the "attempted break-in"?

Pure speculation mind you,

1. She may have heard someone on the steps, could have "thought" she saw the door knob turn, could have pulled back in from going somewhere and saw a "hoodlum" running away from the area of her appt.... any number of things I suppose could have made her think that.

2. If the perp is SM (or anyone that knows her) ---they would have known she was out with a group on Friday night so thats out... but Thursday would have still been "close proximity" to the events of the crime/murder. Wednesday would have been Church/Mass in all probablility and Tuesday is getting a little too far away I would think for it to still be concerning her by Saturday night... Perp probably would have thought it should/would have been mentioned "sooner" than Saturday if the "attempted break in" had been during the early part of the week.

No link up on web site yet, but Macon local news 13WMAZ reported at 5 and 6 o'clock that they have requested a comment from Chief Burns regarding LG's father's earlier comments and have as yet not received one.

6 o'clock also had footage of DA Winters, I think, leaving the meeting, not responding to reporter's question.

Hi backwoods! I'm attempting to get caught up.. What comment was made by LG's father earlier?

Thanks in advance!

Pure speculation mind you,

1. She may have heard someone on the steps, could have "thought" she saw the door knob turn, could have pulled back in from going somewhere and saw a "hoodlum" running away from the area of her appt.... any number of things I suppose could have made her think that.

2. If the perp is SM (or anyone that knows her) ---they would have known she was out with a group on Friday night so thats out... but Thursday would have still been "close proximity" to the events of the crime/murder. Wednesday would have been Church/Mass in all probablility and Tuesday is getting a little too far away I would think for it to still be concerning her by Saturday night... Perp probably would have thought it should/would have been mentioned "sooner" than Saturday if the "attempted break in" had been during the early part of the week.

Thanks, currcat.

I know the answer to #1 could indeed be so many things. Assuming that the searching friends or LE would have noted any physical sign of an attempted break-in (and assuming they didn't), I am kind of thinking like you mentioned, that she might have seen someone run away from the apartment as she approached it, something like that.

On #2, that's lots of good thinking, too. I guess her being out Friday night wouldn't necessarily rule that out as the perp's choice to mention as "attempted break-in night", since she might have come home and seen something amiss, but Thursday would be better (assuming she wasn't out then, too). I also thought maybe the perp (SM or other who knew her) could have been setting up kind of an alibi for the "attempted break-in" night, hoping the attempt and the murder would get connected of course.

Hi backwoods! I'm attempting to get caught up.. What comment was made by LG's father earlier?

Thanks in advance!

The news report was referring to him saying that LE was leaning toward SM as suspect. I know there were recent (yesterday,today?) items that we've seen linked here about that ... this particular report said he had said it "before" (not sure when they meant) and still says it. Also to him saying that LE doesn't have POIs other than SM.

That's it, in a nutshell, may not have gotten exactly correct. Link at 13wmaz.com should be up pretty soon, I'd think.

I wonder if they have cameras in the library. I know that some colleges have online webcams.

I'm very surprised that after all this time, there has been no camera footage mentioned other than the Zaxby's. Of course, we've gotten little answers, so there may be some we don't know about. However, they released the info about the Zaxby's video fairly quickly after it's discovery.

I remember discussing this back in maybe thread 2 - but I'm almost positive that Wal Mart has security footage - so if McD was really making purchases from there (when they were examing his purchases/receipts), they'd surely have that.

quoting tomkat:

"So she just opened the door and let them in......and whoever left, locked it on their way out. Confusing the whole scene."

I'm leaning toward the perp already being in the apt waiting for her. And as McMunn said, the landlady would have locked it on her way out.

No, the sister that got there had to enter with a key, on Sunday, right?............. but I forgot the Landlady was there, what Wednesday? Wow, so that means that everything was removed/cleaned (that was visible) from sunday and prior to wednesday, or early wednesday.

Remember, she had a spare key in the vase on the table outside.
Her friends used it to check on her that night.
That key would not be hard to find, and anyone with half a brain that wanted to break in
would certain look around for one. Guess that goes to show how trusting and open she was.
I know a woman, who lives alone, and she keeps a key right under the front door mat.
But, she's the same way. In fact, she's a real estate agent.
People with that type of personality are just like that.
Possible, ~SuperSleuth~. Someone could have used that key (or a master) if she hadn't already put the door jam on for the night, or they could have entered using either key and hid in her apt until she returned home.

I'm very surprised that after all this time, there has been no camera footage mentioned other than the Zaxby's. Of course, we've gotten little answers, so there may be some we don't know about. However, they released the info about the Zaxby's video fairly quickly after it's discovery.

I remember discussing this back in maybe thread 2 - but I'm almost positive that Wal Mart has security footage - so if McD was really making purchases from there (when they were examing his purchases/receipts), they'd surely have that.

above bolded for focus: I was wondering earlier today about LE's reason/strategy for releasing that Zaxby's info (since so much HAS been kept quiet)...? Maybe simply because they wanted to get any reports of her seen after that time, I know -- but can anybody think of another reason?

Interesting sit down that Chief Burns had with Kenny B on Live @ 5 News Central GA . I cannot find it posted but I saw some of it. Kenny asked him point blank, is Stephen McDaniel the only person of interest in this case? He thought about it for a very long time, then said "I'm not going to comment" Also said blood was found in Lauren's bathtub/drain , first time I have heard that . I hope they will post the interview on-line.

I thought it was reported that the police and friends found nothing when they checked the apartment. Didn't LE remove the drain traps from all 3 apartments?

No, the sister that got there had to enter with a key, on Sunday, right?............. but I forgot the Landlady was there, what Wednesday? Wow, so that means that everything was removed/cleaned (that was visible) from sunday and prior to wednesday, or early wednesday.

???
Don't think a sister or anybody else entered on Sunday?? not sure what you mean here

I thought it was reported that the police and friends found nothing when they checked the apartment. Didn't LE remove the drain traps from all 3 apartments?

Guess maybe the reference to blood found in LG's tub/drain means actually inside the drain, or maybe luminol indication of blood clean-up?

They probably found the Wal Mart receipt with the date and time of purchase and the cashier's number on it. Then all they had to do was have Wal Mart pull the tape from the camera that catches that particular cash register. I have a family member that works at a big home improvement store. They have been able to view questionable transactions through the use of their store cameras. This relative told me that her store's cameras are good but that Wal Mart had the best and clearest security camera system.

Possible, ~SuperSleuth~. Someone could have used that key (or a master) if she hadn't already put the door jam on for the night, or they could have entered using either key and hid in her apt until she returned home.

Removed bar to open door for McDaniels. Or as I stated in an earlier thread, perp was in the apt waiiting, with spare key or with master key, according to who is the perp, used to enter, surprising her after she returned

If Ms Spencer didnt' hear anything out of the ordinary as she stated in early interview on macon.com I think,, hit had to be quick. Any bumping noises she would think of as "ordinary" since she was used to McDaniel screaming and running and cursing above anyway. McDaniel if NOT guilty, might've been just busy with his war games but he would have seen a stranger in the area for 3 days of clean up, wouldn't you think? Or Ms Spencer. She wouldn't haev thougth anything of McDaniel around the place. And probably wouldnt' have paid attention to night activity maybe. Or didnt' apparently.

The friends were there Wed night 6/29/11 into the early am (past midnight) of Thursday morning 6/30/11. IIRC, BB went into the apt sometime during the afternoon on Wed. 6/29.

If the murder in fact happened late Saturday night/ Sunday morning ---(as I think it did) then the perp could have just left (sorry this is gross) the body to bleed out in the tub for a few hours while he/she went about their business (resting, gathering needed supplies, library research, etc.) then went back say late Sunday night to (sorry, again gross) do the dismemberment. If leaving the water running-say an hour or so at a time over the next 2 days - or just leave is running slowly for even just 24 hours...that should pretty much wash away most blood and tissue evidence I would think. Of course you would want to use some bleach and maybe some good old fashioned lysol (the old style in the glass brown bottle) flush the drains good with this after you have wrapped up the body/parts and gotten them out of the way--- I can see it being pretty darn clean if someone knew even a little about what they were doing... sorry so graphic and again JMO.

And...hopefully WHOEVER did this made some big mistakes, or at least big enough to hang em with!

True.

I guess the point here is:
- Lauren kept a key outside in the vase on her table, just outside the door
- All her friends knew about it
- It would not have been hard to find
- She may have even used it herself to lock up when running, and enter upon returning

Therefore:
- Anyone could have entered her apartment when she was away (or door jamb not placed)
- Whether or not McD realized he had a master key is irrelevant

Also, as a side note on the master key:
Door locks were replaced in 2008 for that late summer’s new crop of tenants, Giddings and McDaniel among them.
http://www.macon.com/2011/07/31/1649731/giddings-case-apartments-gradually.html
Which could have easily been when someone mistakenly gave McD that key.

Interesting sit down that Chief Burns had with Kenny B on Live @ 5 News Central GA . I cannot find it posted but I saw some of it. Kenny asked him point blank, is Stephen McDaniel the only person of interest in this case? He thought about it for a very long time, then said "I'm not going to comment" Also said blood was found in Lauren's bathtub/drain , first time I have heard that . I hope they will post the interview on-line.
Always another little tidbit. :waitasec: This one might explain LE's early statement that LG's apartment was the scene of the crime. Now just where else did they find blood???

???
Don't think a sister or anybody else entered on Sunday?? not sure what you mean here

Ok, my mistake, but when anyone entered it was with a key, who arrived first? Landlady or friends, I think they arrived Wed night then, is that correct? So yes Landlady would have locked it on the way out, but did she unlock it to enter? If so perp locked the door when he left. I've just been hearing all speculate about why she locked teh door with all her things inside.........that's what I mean here.

McDaniel if NOT guilty, might've been just busy with his war games but he would have seen a stranger in the area for 3 days of clean up, wouldn't you think?
You sparked a thought I'd missed :)

As an amendment to an earlier post:
It just occurred to me... the GBI is gathering info from McD and Lauren's computers.
If McD was an avid gamer and played certain things regularly, message boards, etc...
They would know if there was a major change in habit that week.
(snipped)
The data gathered by the GBI from his computer could also very well clear him,
based on this activity making up for missing blocks of time between other known activities.
As well as the fact that I'm pretty sure they've got a fairly accurate time of death.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
McKeith