GUILTY GA - Lauren Giddings, 27, Macon, 26 June 2011 # 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
True.

I guess the point here is:
- Lauren kept a key outside in the vase on her table, just outside the door
- All her friends knew about it
- It would not have been hard to find
- She may have even used it herself to lock up when running, and enter upon returning

Therefore:
- Anyone could have entered her apartment when she was away (or door jamb not placed)
- Whether or not McD realized he had a master key is irrelevant

Also, as a side note on the master key:

http://www.macon.com/2011/07/31/1649731/giddings-case-apartments-gradually.html
Which could have easily been when someone mistakenly gave McD that key.

BUT, WHERE is the article about the MASTER key being found in fridge in McD apt?? Is that true??? OR could that be misinformation by the press? That would indicate he knew exactly what that key was if not on his keyring with car key. I'll post when I find it, can't believe i didn't save it.

The friends were there Wed night 6/29/11 into the early am (past midnight) of Thursday morning 6/30/11. IIRC, BB went into the apt sometime during the afternoon on Wed. 6/29.

If the murder in fact happened late Saturday night/ Sunday morning ---(as I think it did) then the perp could have just left (sorry this is gross) the body to bleed out in the tub for a few hours while he/she went about their business (resting, gathering needed supplies, library research, etc.) then went back say late Sunday night to (sorry, again gross) do the dismemberment. If leaving the water running-say an hour or so at a time over the next 2 days - or just leave is running slowly for even just 24 hours...that should pretty much wash away most blood and tissue evidence I would think. Of course you would want to use some bleach and maybe some good old fashioned lysol (the old style in the glass brown bottle) flush the drains good with this after you have wrapped up the body/parts and gotten them out of the way--- I can see it being pretty darn clean if someone knew even a little about what they were doing... sorry so graphic and again JMO.

And...hopefully WHOEVER did this made some big mistakes, or at least big enough to hang em with!

Or someone could have abducted her, taken her somewhere else to dismember her. Then started putting body parts in trash cans around the apartments until LE found one, in an effort to throw off LE's investigation.

Remember, she had a spare key in the vase on the table outside.
Her friends used it to check on her that night.
That key would not be hard to find, and anyone with half a brain that wanted to break in
would certain look around for one. Guess that goes to show how trusting and open she was.
I know a woman, who lives alone, and she keeps a key right under the front door mat.
But, she's the same way. In fact, she's a real estate agent.
People with that type of personality are just like that.

I was just making note that whomever entered, seems they had to UNLOCK THE DOOR as that is what threw everyone off track early on. Why did LG leave her purse, phone and keys iNSIDE the apt then leave and lock the door if she were just going downstairs to greet someone or if lured.......but yes she could re enter with her key in vase

BUT, WHERE is the article about the MASTER key being found in fridge in McD apt?? Is that true??? OR could that be misinformation by the press? That would indicate he knew exactly what that key was if not on his keyring with car key. I'll post when I find it, can't believe i didn't save it.

I am not aware that there is any article stating that the key was found in the refrigerator. As far as I know, it has only been that McD was in posession of a master key (that confirmed in an interview with Mrs. Spencer, the downstairs neighbor).

So, I don't think that's misinformation from the press, because they haven't said that.

:star1:Felony Murder Charges Filed in Giddings Case

According to Bibb county jail records, Stephen Mark McDaniel has been charged with felony murder. McDaniel was first named a person of interest in the gruesome homicide of Mercer Law Grad Lauren Giddings.
http://www.newscentralga.com/news/local/Stephen-McDaniel-Charged-with-Felony-Murder-126642073.html
http://www.macon.com/2011/08/02/1652998/mcdaniel-charged-in-murder-of.html
http://www.co.bibb.ga.us/BSOInmatesOnline/BSODetail.asp?JacketID=145875&BookingID=290904

I am not aware that there is any article stating that the key was found in the refrigerator. As far as I know, it has only been that McD was in posession of a master key (that confirmed in an interview with Mrs. Spencer, the downstairs neighbor).

So, I don't think that's misinformation from the press, because they haven't said that.

I read it today. I'll keep looking, at any rate, McD charged now anyway

Wow fox24 scooped WMAZ. Guess maybe some of the FBI tests may have came in???

Felony murder? Will the charges say LG was killed in the commission of a burglary?? Rape??

WG, Subbing out work at apt. complexes happens all the time. When I managed a large complex in an urban area, we had contractors bid out jobs all the time whether for air service, plumbing, paint, carpet or minor/major construction. Put simply, bidding the job keeps contractors competitive. Having to file a mechanical permit would simply imply that whatever was being done would be subject to city inspection. Macon/Bibb has a pretty good system of pulling permits for jobs: You have to be a licensed contractor or the property owner to file a construction or mechanical permit. If a permit is granted, it is subject to inspection by the appropriate specialty (plumbing/electrical, etc...) before a certificate of occupancy will be (re) granted. HTH

I think pest control has a master key for routine visits to apartments.

What day were they there in May? June? July? (I'm asking about a month prior and the month after for a reason.)

Did the same employee always visit the apartments?

Wow. Even though I was expecting this, I'm still shocked for some reason. I just really didn't want it to be him. I don't know why.

bessie-is the fact that it is felony murder and not something else significant? Does it indicate what they think happened?

wow... so i guess the blood on mcd's shoes rumor may prove to be true after all.... my source was mighty confident too... hmm....

the charge of Felony Murder is usually reserved for a murder that is committed during or as the result of a felony act... will try to locate the GA statute and post it.

Wow. I kind of expected this from the start, but it is still shocking to read. I am very sorry for his family...

I think pest control has a master key for routine visits to apartments.

What day were they there in May? June? July? (I'm asking about a month prior and the month after for a reason.)

Did the same employee always visit the apartments?

I dont' use master keys. I dont' allow pest control to walk through unattended and never allow anyone to use a key to an occupied unit. always CYB.............and pest control is usually monthly

IMO this is as factual as factual can get.. Speaking of having some facts to work with rather than rumor.. I'll take this one to the bank..

This is straight from Lauren's father.. We already know thru Kaitlyn that her father speaks with LE about the case every single evening..

I am not surprised in the least.. Will chief Burns approve of the fact that Mr. Giddings decided to state this publicly in an interview? IMO no, he probably won't be thrilled, as we all know he has wanted to keep everything as tight lipped as possible..but I think he absolutely understands why Mr. Giddings publicly told these details that investigators had shared with him.. And even possibly in a way Burns may end being pleased with the little leak.. What I mean by that is there are ppl getting very impatient with not being told anything one way or the other, especially concerning whether they've got anything on McD or is he just being held as a way to pacify the public hysteria.. They have been wanting something and wanting something either way, NOW!! IMO this little leak that Mr. Giddings has now shared with us, the public is giving us answers to those questions
A) LE have received some of the results from FBI
B) in those results show promise that has LE has their man and are confident enough that they made the decision to share these details with the victims father!!

IMO that shows some real promise and indicates that in those results there is evidence linking McD..

I'm certain some thenwant to know why hasnt he been charged with her murder?.. It's very simple just as was explained earlier today by one of the lawyers in this thread.. Most likely this is going to be a capital murder case where the right to speedy trial is one thing the defense has on their side.. So why in the world would you start that clock ticking down the number of exact days and hours that the state has to have the case trial ready-MANDATORY!!.. why would they not wait and use the time they have at this point that is on their side while awaiting ALL OF THE RESULTS?? it is purely common sense as to why they are not charging McD and absolutely senseless and working in the defense's favor to do so.. Now it coming to McD being released on bond on the burglary charges.. Well.. That may then force the states hand.. But you can bet they are going to use as much time allowed them to continue building brick by brick this case against McD.. It would be absolutely stupid for them to do it any other way than exactly how they are..

I am extremely happy with this investigation and I believe that them keeping such integrity during this investigation is only going to prove more of a rock solid case against SM..

As I said ppl have been wanting some facts and not rumors.. Well these details told by her father IMO are as factual as it gets.. He is one PERSON's word that can be taken to the bank!

He HAS been charged....just now...

bessie-is the fact that it is felony murder and not something else significant? Does it indicate what they think happened?

Georgia's felony murder statute states that a person commits murder "when, in the commission of a felony, he causes the death of another human being." So maybe she was killed in the process of a burglary or rape.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail