ID - DeOrr Kunz Jr, 2, Timber Creek Campground, 10 July 2015 - #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
It still doesn't make sense. It is a security blanket. It represents security. It wish he would have just let JM tell us about it. I feel like he was trying to dazzle with BS, use up the limited interview time with empty chatter and control the entire situation, including JM. I can understand why he'd want to do the latter (as a fellow control freak) but it gives me an uneasy feeling. Like he can't trust anyone else to play their role properly.

I would say I like to control situations too, but I'd never talk over my spouse like that, unless there was something/things I really didn't want her to say! It doesn't show respect for her input, or the valuable information she could provide, at all.

I am just not sure that many people can fathom how small a small town in Idaho can be.

Bold mine.

I think you're getting in my head a bit because I just went back and re-watched the interview. When I consider that little DeOrr went missing on Friday and the interview was Monday, that doesn't leave much time to even become aware of rumors on SM.

I also noticed a rumor that DK addresses that seems...off. He says that there's a rumor that his employer won't let him come off the road to search for his kid. I imagine that the camping trip is a weekend affair so DK wouldn't have been expected back at work until maybe sometime on Sunday or Monday. If that's the case, by the time he's giving the interview on Monday, he's missed maybe a full day of work? And sometime before that the rumor mill has already said that he won't get time off of work for a search that, if little DeOrr was successfully found, could have ended at any time? At that point, the need for an extended time off of work for a prolonged search shouldn't have been a forgone conclusion, right?

Why would there be rumors about his job security and any time off that may be necessary even exist at that point, let alone have enough steam to address them in the one sit down interview given by the parents?
Excellent point! Why the rumor about taking time off to search when the search could have concluded at any moment? Again where were these rumors coming from? A busy body friend or relative? Why bring up the employer and that he is a truck driver? And he said the rumors kept coming and getting worse and worse. Weird.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

This has bothered me since the first time that I heard it. Filthy and Bawling...and even though JM/DK say that this was them but @ 1pm/13:00 they make no mention of why he was "Filthy and Bawling". The only reason I think it is odd is because it was the last time they would have been somewhere with him and it seems like a normal thing to mention would be why the boy was upset... I understand they were camping and of course, the kid would get filthy and that isn't suspicious nor is a kid bawling but, if that kid goes missing immediately after that and it isnt mentioned ... I think that is odd. moo

Thank you, Thank you, and Thank you, again. It's just a little frustrating when some things seem so clear, yet then for some reason, they become so obscured.

Also, concerning timelines, I don't know who we can believe and who we can't. But there's no doubt that there's considerable mystery and a lot of questions surrounding this case. jmo

This is way OT, but it was briefly discussed in an earlier thread. Somebody stated that JM did not have custody of her other two children from a previous relationship. When mothers do not have custody it sets off alarm bells for me.

Without revealing her ex husband's name, I used his SM comments and posts to verify the information and then I considered numerous theories. I concluded that the legal term "doesn't have custody" is misleading and likely not the case. I believe they live full time with their father because Jessica and DeOrr live with his family and it's spatially impractical to house a family of five. It makes more sense for children to have their own rooms and personal space so I see it as a temporary arrangement. Her ex supports her and DeOrr in this situation as is stated on his fb page.

Jmoo I wanted to share in case anybody else was troubled by that subject.

I believe it was People magazine that stated blanket was in the truck and now mom has it and holds it and loves on it, etc.

Thanks Jules. I found the quote:

While Mitchell, 25, continues to wait for any news, she clutches her son's baby blue blanket, which he left behind.

"The blanket was in the truck, so Jessica now has got that blanket and she will not let go of it. She holds it, smells it, loves it," Kunz says. "It's the only attachment she has to that boy right now."

http://www.people.com/article/missing-boy-idaho-grandfather-speaks

fishing_idaho, are you local? If so, what are people saying around there? And why are they thinking what they're saying?

I grew up in Salmon and returned after college. As far as what people are saying, most of the rumors involve things that are off limits to the sub according to what I've read. The couple of search and rescue volunteers I've talked to were confident that they would have found him if he was there.

The sheriffs office seems to be keeping details out of the local rumor mill. I should also mention that I'm not friends with any LE personnel, and I don't have any family that is. I'm sure there are other locals with most knowledge about the investigation compared to me. I just know the area very well and can help with any questions regarding that.

This is way OT, but it was briefly discussed in an earlier thread. Somebody stated that JM did not have custody of her other two children from a previous relationship. When mothers do not have custody it sets off alarm bells for me.

Without revealing her ex husband's name, I used his SM comments and posts to verify the information and then I considered numerous theories. I concluded that the legal term "doesn't have custody" is misleading and likely not the case. I believe they live full time with their father because Jessica and DeOrr live with his family and it's spatially impractical to house a family of five. It makes more sense for children to have their own rooms and personal space so I see it as a temporary arrangement. Her ex supports her and DeOrr in this situation as is stated on his fb page.

Jmoo I wanted to share in case anybody else was troubled by that subject.

I've read BB's comments too - I don't see how you come to the conclusion that this is a temporary custody arrangement? That's not mentioned anywhere. Although BB is concerned about Deorr and they all seem amicable, BB also seems to very much enjoy being a single father, from his posts! I don't get the impression he's anticipating giving them up to JM down the road.

BBM

BUMP for Questions List consideration (?):

Note: For whoever is compiling the questions list, consider adding this ??

(Sorry I forget the name of the WS poster who graciously agreed to compile a questions list. At the moment, I'm unable to view the current posters on this thread to jog my memory. I'm also reading backwards to try to catch up.)
TIA

Anyone can (should) add to the list. What is the question?

Excellent point! Why the rumor about taking time off to search when the search could have concluded at any moment? Again where were these rumors coming from? A busy body friend or relative? Why bring up the employer and that he is a truck driver? And he said the rumors kept coming and getting worse and worse. Weird.

I think it's the hundreds of searchers who showed up to help. Everyone of them would want to know what happened, who they are, where are they from, etc. It's no wonder rumors ran rampant.

The dad 'calls his boss to say he won't be in to work', when told several times, becomes 'his boss won't let him off work'.

It's like Chinese whispers. And Dad is hoping to correct the errors he's heard.

This is very interesting. IF the clerk actually spotted a blond toddler that day, it explains why she would remember the details so well and why seeing the child could be so significant.

That is definitely my opinion. Out of the people who do actually stop there, I would imagine quite a few stop only to use the restrooms so a fairly high percentage might have kids. The odds of even a couple kids coming through on the same day that matched DeOrrs description and had a similar truck to the Dad's would be very low though.

They don't say his favs were in the truck, only at the campsite. From CNN transcript:

EATON: Yes, it would be a huge clue. No sight of that. No sight of his toy monkey, of his cup, of his blanket. Those are three items his parents say he always takes with him wherever he goes. Those were left behind at the campsite. No sign of any of those things, no sign of his cowboy boots, of his camouflage jacket that he was wearing, of his pajama pants, nothing."

That doesn't even make sense. The items were left at the campsite. Why is he saying "no sign of any of those things"? Apparently his parents have them. If there was no sign of them because DeOrr took them with him, that is the opposite of what his parents said in their interview with this guy.

I grew up in Salmon and returned after college. As far as what people are saying, most of the rumors involve things that are off limits to the sub according to what I've read. The couple of search and rescue volunteers I've talked to were confident that they would have found him if he was there.

The sheriffs office seems to be keeping details out of the local rumor mill. I should also mention that I'm not friends with any LE personnel, and I don't have any family that is. I'm sure there are other locals with most knowledge about the investigation compared to me. I just know the area very well and can help with any questions regarding that.
T
Appreciate your input. Any local rumors that make you say hmmmmm?

2 questions... Is there very much timber in the area? And how far is the reservoir from the camp sight? TIA

Around here... (North Idaho), "hearsay" is a nice way to say "gossip" and it is very common. I doubt he watches court TV or Nancy Grace... So I am pretty sure he just means gossip.

I also believe that when he said replica he meant that little Deorr and his blanket was "just like" Lynas with his blanket, you know... an exact replica.

Pretty exciting stuff to see all of those helicopters and first responders during the Search and Rescue, especially for a small town boy... But I just cannot get over how he went on and on about them in the first half of the interview. Where was the begging for his child's life? It was as if he was telling someone else's story.
YES! THIS! Exactly right...the story was about the great job the agencies and searchers were doing! I understand thanking them during an interview, but it was overkill and went on for a long while.

I really don't think going very far out of your way (they were many miles from any city of size) to obtain a matching blanket (if such an item could even easily be obtained) to the one that your son apparently did not even have with him would be in any way a priority when your son is missing in the wilderness. If he had been last seen carrying it and it could help with finding him, sure. But that was not, apparently, the case.

Well, when you put it that way, you're absolutely right! :)

I think it's the hundreds of searchers who showed up to help. Everyone of them would want to know what happened, who they are, where are they from, etc. It's no wonder rumors ran rampant.

The dad 'calls his boss to say he won't be in to work', when told several times, becomes 'his boss won't let him off work'.

It's like Chinese whispers. And Dad is hoping to correct the errors he's heard.

I appreciate what you're saying. In regards to this particular rumor, he said his boss was right up there alongside of him searching. It seems unlikely, then, that this rumor started with searchers when the boss was one of them.

I believe it was People magazine that stated blanket was in the truck and now mom has it and holds it and loves on it, etc.

Okay. I'm going to add that link to our list. What DK's father says could still be open for interpretation - When was it in the truck? The whole time? After DeOrr disappeared? The way he says it makes it sound (in my head) like the blanket was left in the truck, so that's why she has it. But, if that's the case, then it being left at the campsite (which I guess could include the truck at the campsite) isn't in any way indicative of him being abducted. And his parents really focused on that as an important reason why they think DeOrr was kidnapped...

Let's start a list of statements we want confirmed by LE or MSM. As you think of one, add it to the list and repost. If you have a link, please attach it next to the item on the list. I think we should number the list so we can keep track of which list is most recent. I'll start.

1. Was the store (Stage Stop?) clerk interviewed about a possible 6 pm sighting of DeOrr?
2. Were DeOrr's blanket, cup and monkey in the truck or with DeOrr at the campsite when he disappeared? *http://www.people.com/article/missing-boy-idaho-grandfather-speaks
3. How did GGF and IR get to campsite?
4. Does GGF walk with a cane or in a wheelchair?
5. Was camp set up when DK, JM, & little Deorr went back into Store.
6. Is little Deorr talking a lot, making complete sentences?
7. Did IR take a polygraph?
8. What supplies were found at the campsite for DeOrr? (clothing, diapers, food, bottles, toys, sleeping bag)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam