OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #12

Status
Not open for further replies.

tlcya

Old and Re-Tired Websleuth
Reaction score
Ohio Shooting: Latest on Pike County murders
Wednesday, May 4, 2016

PIKE COUNTY, Ohio — No arrests have been made in the shooting investigation of eight execution-style killings of members of the Rhoden family last month in Pike County, Ohio.

[...]

The latest in the investigation in Pike County was that vehicles were towed on Tuesday from the various crime scenes as evidence, confirmed Jill Del Greco, a spokeswoman for the Attorney General.
There’s been no word on how many vehicles were being towed away or where they were taken

Ohio family massacre highlights rural region’s ties to illegal drugs
POSTED 6:00 PM, MAY 1, 2016, BY CNNWIRE

23-pike-county-mass-shooting.w529.h352.jpg

link

The gruesome slayings have rattled this southeast corner of Appalachian Ohio, a region that culturally identifies more closely with neighboring Kentucky and West Virginia than the state’s northern cities. As U.S. 23 leads away from Columbus, business parks and strip malls give way to lush stretches of farmland dotted with old farmhouses and rusted silos. Farther south into the Appalachian foothills, churches, pickup trucks and Confederate flags become more common.

[...]

Adding to the shock was the discovery of hundreds of illegal marijuana plants on Rhoden’s property, highlighting the region’s dependency on the illegal drug trade as jobs in agriculture and timber have dried up.

Audio 911 Calls

PRESSER: APRIL 27, 2016

MOD NOTE: Tricia has given permission for sleuths to discuss the criminal records of the family members who were murdered. In light of the grow operations they may be very relevant. Please refrain from posting criminal histories of other individuals who have not been named persons of interest or suspects by LE or simply because they have the last name of the victims or may be a distant cousin or aunt. Stick with the victims for now. That may change as more develops on this case.

MOD NOTE: Please don't speculate about the current custody of the minor children who were left alive. It is a blessing they are alive. If posting snips from articles regarding the children please redact their names. These babes are innocents. one day they will google their names. And plenty will come up. Thanks.

Rules Etiquette & Information

CASE NOTES (courtesy of cujenn81) this link contains locations, distance, victim info, relationships and more.

MEDIA LINKS NO DISCUSSION

CASE MAP (courtesy of K.L.Puyallup)

Thread #1
Thread #2
Thread #3
Thread #4
Thread #5
Thread #6
Thread #7
Thread #8
Thread #9
Thread #10
Thread #11

Rhodens-all-2.jpg

link:rose:

From left, top row: Christopher Rhoden Jr., Christopher Rhoden Sr., Dana Rhoden, Clarence “Frankie” Rhoden; bottom row: Hanna Rhoden, Hannah Gilley, Kenneth Rhoden, Gary Rhoden

Please continue here

Family: Rhoden property had video cameras

Leonard Manley, the father of Dana Rhoden, said his former son-in-law Christopher Rhoden Sr. had at least two video cameras mounted to a building near the entrance of his trailer on Union Road. When motorists arrived at this driveway, a sensor would turn lights on, he said.

“You could clearly see the cars and even the people inside," said Manley, sitting outside his home on Union Hill Road Tuesday.

He said he believed Christopher Rhoden Sr. kept the cameras on at all time, but did not know if authorities had video from those cameras. DeWine and investigators have chosen not to release details of their investigation, now nearly three weeks old.

I think it would depend on whether the cameras provided live feed only or also video that could be played back. We had such a camera mounted on our front porch at one time. It was live feed so we could see who was knocking on our door and even pulling up in the drive. but it didn't record video. We led people to believe it did - but in actuality it did not. We felt it deterred theft and trespassers.

Question on the search warrants. If that barn isn't on ChrisSR land, would they have needed a search warrant for it? Is that an extension of the property a relative of DR lives on? I soooo need to make myself a map.

I wonder if the land that FR and KR lived already had well and septic when trailers were put on between 2010 and 2014. If not another expense, not cheap. Who would pay for it? Seems to me landowner would pay if FR and KR didn't own it.

Small point but just another question of where money comes from.

JMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wonder how long Union Hill is from east to west, how many people lived on it, were the residence all Rhodens and Manleys?

I'm down in this rabbit hole just waiting for someone to help me out or pour dirt on me. Doing a lot of wondering.

I wonder how long Union Hill is from east to west, how many people lived on it, were the residence all Rhodens and Manleys?

I'm down in this rabbit hole just waiting for someone to help me out or pour dirt on me. Doing a lot of wondering.

In the rabbit hole with you. I need to get out of it and do something besides reading this case every 5 minutes. It might actually clear my head!

[h=4]NOTICE[/h] The property maps in this office were platted from existing deeds and aerial photographs. The maps are not always accurate as to scale, distance and bearing. They are not intended for use in legal documents as precise information. The purpose of these maps is to show general location, ownership and acreage according to deed.

Pike County Engineer

I apologize if this article link was already posted - or is posted twice by me as I am having technical difficulties.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-Ohio-neighborhood-week-family-laid-rest.html

"The coroner’s report has yet to surface, but she said only one victim was shot once.
This was revealed by Daily Mail Online to be Kenneth Rhoden whose body was left with dollar bills strewn over his legs and the blanket drawn over his body, which was discovered by his cousin Donald.
Other victims suffered multiple gunshot wounds, including two victims shot five times and one victim shot nine times."

Was it said in a press conference that there were cameras that had been disabled or damaged in some way? I can't remember the exact word used...

I don't think the subject had been spoken about all by DeWine or Sheriff Reader until yesterday.

DS told the Daily Mail that camera security at KR's had been dismantled and removed.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...elped-identify-killers-removed-murderers.html

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-feet-shot-head-reveals-man-horror-scene.html

In the rabbit hole with you. I need to get out of it and do something besides reading this case every 5 minutes. It might actually clear my head!

Me too. This is a tough one. I don't have anything to offer. So many avenues that one can take it boggles the mind.

The Auditor's Office says the maps are not to scale. But what if they are close and the mobile home and new building are not on property owned by Chris Sr.? What if he thought that property
went back from the road as far as the ones adjacent? It looks like he was using that property as his as far back as the adjacent properties. There definitely could be a confrontation over that.
It may be far fetched but I know people who have had disputes over property lines including myself.

NOTICE

The property maps in this office were platted from existing deeds and aerial photographs. The maps are not always accurate as to scale, distance and bearing. They are not intended for use in legal documents as precise information. The purpose of these maps is to show general location, ownership and acreage according to deed.

Pike County Engineer

I feel there is no way CR1 would have built a big expensive building on land that did not belong to him. That big of a building would have been very expensive to build based on the fact that it cost me almost 900.00 to build a small 8x10 metal building and this one looks to be 10 times that size. I know Dayna has researched this land thing and I trust her that she knows but it just doesn't seem reasonable to build on land you don't own even if it was on family/friends land. Friendships break up, families fall out. Is it possible he bought that land and hasn't yet recorded the deed? Maybe he bought it on a "rent to own" basis or an "owner finance" situation with a binding contract and the deed transfer taking place after the land is paid off. Those types of situations are pretty popular in rural areas especially with land. I just cannot fathom someone risking that much money building on land you don't own, being that the law is whoever owns the land owns the structures/improvements on it.

I wonder if the land that FR and KR lived already had well and septic when trailers were put on between 2010 and 2014. If not another expense, not cheap. Who would pay for it? Seems to me landowner would pay if FR and KR didn't own it.

Small point but just another question of where money comes from.
JMO

I'd say these had have access to county water. Now septic can get a bit pricey if the land doesn't perk but if they're building those buildings and buying trailers between 2010 and 2014 they've come into a bit of cash somewhere. Not all of them came into cash b/c one of the surviving brothers, that is on the et. al. on 799 Left Fork Road used their interest in the property as collateral on a note w/ Luv Homes (if I read that right). I lost my link. I'd have to go back and fish it out.

I'd say these had have access to county water. Now septic can get a bit pricey if the land doesn't perk but if they're building those buildings and buying trailers between 2010 and 2014 they've come into a bit of cash somewhere. Not all of them came into cash b/c one of the surviving brothers, that is on the et. al. on 799 Left Fork Road used their interest in the property as collateral on a note w/ Luv Homes (if I read that right). I lost my link. I'd have to go back and fish it out.

My speculation:
Chris R. Sr must have been financially backed in these building projects & internal operations by someone, or some group.

Was it not owned by the Rhoden family? It shows a different owner where his mobile home was located from what I see. I could be wrong of course...

I'm new, I have been drawn to this case for some reason which brought me here. Anyway to the claim of 100-150 cars being towed by LM. I was able to count at least 60 visible cars on and around CRsr and FRs property. That's not counting anything covered by over growth or in buildings. So they are taking everything. Also LM has several cars in his yard as well. My thought is a women may have been closely involved and may be the reason children were not harmed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie