VA - Aveion Lewis, 2, Roanoke, 14 January 2010 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
A little information about Sundays search.
http://www.wdbj7.com/Global/story.asp?S=11873005

There's still no sign of baby Lewis, even after a seven-hour search Sunday.
<snip>
Even though authorities continue to concentrate their efforts in and around the Roanoke River, a spokeswoman for the department says that's just one of many spots searchers are spending their time.

The picture of Aveion behind the steering wheel of the car is just so cute. I pray they find him soon.

I sure am confused why BL hasn't fessed up, and why the heck mom isn't all over him to fess up. What the heck is going on with that?

My friend just emailed me. Her son lives not too far from Jamestown Place and he tells her that right now they have lights up right in front of Jamestown and have the road blocked off. They are still searching. He says he can see people out there right now. Maybe we will hear something soon.

Also, she says a friend of hers told her there will be a memorial service for Aveion this coming Saturday at 2pm at the First Baptist Church in downtown Roanoke.

Crossing fingers and holding onto the wings of hope that this activity news beachlvr shared with us, in Jamestown, means he has been found.

There appear to be two 1st Baptist Churches in the downtown area.

The big huge 1st Baptist at 310 N. Jefferson St. and then there is the 1st Baptist located at 515 3rd St. SW. - which is slightly off of downtown. So I'm not quite sure which one.

Crossing fingers and holding onto the wings of hope that this activity news beachlvr shared with us, in Jamestown, means he has been found.

I have asked my friend to contact me if her son knows or sees anything else. I just keep praying that they will find him SOON so Aveion can be laid to rest with all the dignity and love he deserves and never got.

My friend just emailed me. Her son lives not too far from Jamestown Place and he tells her that right now they have lights up right in front of Jamestown and have the road blocked off. They are still searching. He says he can see people out there right now. Maybe we will hear something soon.

I'm hoping this means the lights are set up for a continued evening search because of something found that indicates Aveion might be in that area. I have not followed searches closely enough to know what lights set up in the evening may mean. Anyone?

There appear to be two 1st Baptist Churches in the downtown area.

The big huge 1st Baptist at 310 N. Jefferson St. and then there is the 1st Baptist located at 515 3rd St. SW. - which is slightly off of downtown. So I'm not quite sure which one.

It's probably going to be the one on Jefferson Street. I used to live near there and it's a huge church.

I'm hoping this means the lights are set up for a continued evening search because of something found that indicates Aveion might be in that area. I have not followed searches closely enough to know what lights set up in the evening may mean. Anyone?

I'm not sure what this means in a search but I know in construction and road work, they set up the lights at night so they won't get behind on a deadline or so they can stay one jump ahead of the weather. Are they still calling for heavy rains tonight? Maybe they are searching this late because of the weather coming in?

Weather update:

The rain is really pouring here at my house. I'm about 15 minutes as the crow flies from Jamestown Place...I'm sure it's raining just as hard there.

We are now also under a high wind advisory until 9 AM tomorrow morning...

I just can't get over the fact that this child didn't even stay alive 4 months after he was given back to his mother. He didn't even make the 4 month mark being back in that home once his mother regained legal custody. :furious:

I just can't get over the fact that this child didn't even stay alive 4 months after he was given back to his mother. He didn't even make the 4 month mark being back in that home once his mother regained legal custody. :furious:

That is horribly sad and downright disgusting... I still cannot understand why she is not in jail! :banghead:

. Those on Death Row, are there for a long time so that doesn't exclude the possibility bubba will give them theirs while in the joint. JMO

I know I've always thought and read that prisoners truly have a 'code of ethics' and that child molesters/killers are the lowest of the low and are targeted for harassment and/or harm. Is this actually true, or just and 'old wive's tale'??

I just read on one of the other links that the mother might be pregnant again? Has this been posted anywhere or is it rumor?

Hi everyone...I have just read through link 1 and I did read this in the comments section of news posts a couple of times by people who know the family......

I am really saddened at this...poor little boy didnt have a very nice life....

what also makes me angry is I read somewhere that they were poor.....and yet did you see the size of mum and stepdad........and I bet that didnt come from home cooked meals.....

I think there should be a worldwide conference on this child neglect/abuse situation.....cos as the nuclear family is becoming obsolete there are more and more of these issues.....not just in the US but here in australia and I am sure UK and parts of europe

I dont know how your welfare payments work over there but here as our population is so low they have bought in a payment of 5000aud when you have a baby.....needless to say there are girls as young as 15 popping babies to man after man and then dragging these kids from man to man.....not working...

also we have the singles mum pension where girls/women do not have to work and the payment goes up per kid with free medical and discounts on everything....a huge population of girls are making this there career.....

what do you do.....get rid of the payments the kids get neglected....but SOMETHING has to change....

also I think in cases like this where the kids are put in foster care and repeatedly neglected forget foster care...that system is pushed to its limits....if they are still young they should be able to be adopted out........there are millions of couples/singles who would love to adopt.....stuff the parents rights, they blew it.........and these kids would in most cases have way better lives...

sorry guys for my rant ,

I know I've always thought and read that prisoners truly have a 'code of ethics' and that child molesters/killers are the lowest of the low and are targeted for harassment and/or harm. Is this actually true, or just and 'old wive's tale'??

I have relatives who've worked in the prison system; at least when they were there, it was true.

Good Morning everyone. Just to let you know, I am still with y'all and praying that little Aveion will soon be found. I just have this feeling that he is not in the river. Hope everyone has a good day and lets all pray that today will be the day that we hear something about Aveion.

I'd like to know how long CHIP was involved in this case prior to his removal from the home. And if their report to CPS wasn't on their initial visit, why they waited until he was 15 months/8 pounds before they did report. I'd like to know if he was hospitalized at that point (dear God, I hope so...). I'd like to know if Aveion was examined by doctors before, during, and after his removal from the home, and how often he received routine medical care. I'd like to know how recent was the weight obtained as reported on the Amber Alert (26 pounds) and when was his last checkup prior to his murder. I'd like to know if CHIP immediately reported to CPS they were being denied access to the child after his return to the home, and if they didn't, why the hell not.

But most of all, I'd really like to know when was the last time Aveion was seen by someone other than family.

Just a thought...

In the hoax, it was reported he was last seen in Spongebob footy pajamas. This supposedly happened in the afternoon around 5pm. Were the other children in the home still in their pajamas at that time of day? This is another reason I think he was dead long before that call. Perhaps (and I know this is giving BL far too much credit here) he died in his sleep. After a beating? Due to neglect/starvation?

I don't know... just rambling here (and my brain is a bit muddled right now---I need some sleep).

calliope,
I found it strange with the pajamas/time of day of the "hoax" as well. I wonder what the little four year old has to say....

I think with what appears to be BL setting up that situation with his neighbor - looking at BL's phone could possibly mean...

1. BL had plans for this child and it was pre-meditated

2. The child had already died and BL was trying to come up with a story.

Personally, I believe this child was dead on the morning before the day he was reported missing - if not earlier than that. And if that be the case then ML certainly knew her child was dead.

However, I can see BL leaving this child and other children in their pj's. He probably did the least he had to do care wise. JMO

As promised Virginia board of Social Work - Board Member information.

http://www.dhp.state.va.us/SOCIAL/social_board.htm

I don't see individual email addresses for the board members, just a main email address at the very bottom of the page.

Board of Social Work
Email: socialwork@dhp.virginia.gov

Evelyn B. Brown, Executive Director
David R. Boehm, LCSW, Chair

I am going to send my letter and voice my outrage and concern regarding Aveion being returned to this family which eventually led to his death to both Ms. Brown and Mr. Boehm. Of course, I am requesting others be a voice as well. I ask that this be done without cussing etc. so our voices will be collectively heard! Hopefully this tragic event won't be dismissed without making necessary changes to prevent this from happening to another child in Virginia.

Please include in your email, Jane Conlins comments dismissing her departments responsibility in this childs death. Clearly the signs were there and ignored. The child was emaciated and only 8 lbs at 15 months when he was brought to the departments attention. I will find the original article with Ms. Conlins statement and link it here shortly.

Link to article with Ms. Conlins statement dismissing her departments responsibility in this childs death.

http://www.roanoke.com/news/roanoke/wb/234025

Statement from Ms. Conlin:

Jane Conlin, director of Social Services in Roanoke, said Friday that the responsibility for what happened to Aveion does not rest with her department.
"The person who is responsible for this is not the social worker," she said. "I think we need to keep in mind that social workers aren't mind readers. We work with the best knowledge and information we have and within the law. Nobody can, with 100 percent accuracy, predict the behavior of another person."

While Social Workers are not 'mind readers', they clearly have evidence, information as well as education and statistics to work with regarding the capacity of parents who allowed this child, to not receive the proper medical care he needed, allowed him to wither away to the size of a new born at 15 months, and had some reason to believe the child was not in danger if placed back into the legal custody of his mother. Recommending legal custody be returned to Morgan Dockett despite her previous history, despite a drug addict with a criminal record of domestic violence in the home, and despite other professionals recomendations that this child not be returned to the care of his biological mother. Clearly, something went very seriously amiss as this child was dead in less than 4 months after being returned to his mother.

thank you!

Cubby

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads