State v. Bradley Cooper 4-7-2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
If anyone asked my husband 5% of this stuff he'd look like he was not even living in the same house with me. Fact of the matter is - he has no clue.

I manage the money, I make the appointments, I refill his Rx's, handle medical claims, pay all the bills, etc. He couldn't name our doctor(s), either - he just goes when I make the appointment. Joke is that if I ever die - it'd take him YEARS to find his own money.

But seriously - I am not sure he could answer lots of this stuff - although I know he'd know his mom's middle name, etc.

My husband is much the same, but then he also wouldn't remember the names and ages of the children of the woman he's banging in our bedroom closet either. Nor would he remember the name of the girl he frolicked with in France. :floorlaugh:

Then I suggest you *appear* to have the same problem/s with whom ever you have sex with in your marital home/bedroom closet. :great:

I freely admit that if someone asked me how many times I kissed someone, I would have no clue how to answer. I would say "to the best of my knowledge" and then throw out some crazy number.

I think a lot of his "can't remembers" are not wanting to name people into this circus sideshow

Just as a matter of interest, is this the first time watching the deposition? I ask because when I first saw it I was very uncomfortable at the grilling he was getting. I saw it before I even knew what the case was all about having just clicked on it out of curiousity.
However, since listening to all of it, hearing about the case, and watching the trial this is no "circus sideshow". I'm convinced this is what could convict him especially as it seems there is no real other evidence.

You seem to forget even at this early date he had lawyers advising him for up the 3 months. I'm pretty sure there was an idea he was soon going to be charged. Perhaps all the search warrants gave it away.

Are you saying his many attorney's wouldn't have advised him to 'tell the truth' at this deposition?

I wonder if Heather Matour ever visits Brad in jail?

She' probably sleeping with someone else's husband and no longer concerned with Brad.

I would be a juror feeling like my time was being wasted.

Since we are all pretty much in agreement that Brad will not take the stand on his own behalf, this is the only glimpse of the person Brad is that the jury will see or hear. I hope they, like some of us, catch the various nuances, the lies, the 'forgotten' issues, his lack of emotion, etc. I feel that watching him in these hours of testimony shows just how huge his ego is and how his life was all about Brad.

I freely admit that if someone asked me how many times I kissed someone, I would have no clue how to answer. I would say "to the best of my knowledge" and then throw out some crazy number.

:floorlaugh: Why not just be honest and say ALOT..whenever we could :floorlaugh:.. Its not like they could do it out in the open infront of their spouses, kids etc....Dont need no#..just say it!! Alot..and she was a good kisser :floorlaugh:

I was deposed once years ago in an anti-trust case involving my employer. The opposing side was very through in their research.

I made some calls to customer's as a courtesy to let them know about a potential problem with something, and during the deposition they brought out specific names of people that I had (presumably) spoken with, even though I made the calls and could not even remember which customer sites I had called.

I was deposed in a car accident case, my deposition was many pages long, I still have my copy.

Since we are all pretty much in agreement that Brad will not take the stand on his own behalf, this is the only glimpse of the person Brad is that the jury will see or hear. I hope they, like some of us, catch the various nuances, the lies, the 'forgotten' issues, his lack of emotion, etc. I feel that watching him in these hours of testimony shows just how huge his ego is and how his life was all about Brad.

Yep,

So much for the Brad can walk on water defense. MOO

Just as a matter of interest, is this the first time watching the deposition? I ask because when I first saw it I was very uncomfortable at the grilling he was getting. I saw it before I even knew what the case was all about having just clicked on it out of curiousity.
However, since listening to all of it, hearing about the case, and watching the trial this is no "circus sideshow". I'm convinced this is what could convict him especially as it seems there is no real other evidence.

It's not the first time I have watched it in its entirety prior to now. This is my point exactly there is no real evidence that he committed the crime. So what bothers me about this deposition is that it was supposed to be for a custody hearing but there are many parts, I would even say the majority of the questioning is clearly being conducted as a murder investigation interrogation which is now being entered into evidence.

Are you saying his many attorney's wouldn't have advised him to 'tell the truth' at this deposition?

I tend to think Brad was avised NOT to LIE...hummmm likely also said, only give basics and DO NOT ELABORATE...Less is more to them:floorlaugh:

I see your point about it being our only glimpse. That makes sense to me. I guess I just wonder if the jury needs a 6-hour glimpse. :waitasec:

Obviously, this trial is costing a ton of money for both families.....motel rooms, food, transportation, etc. If I were closer, I would absolutely invite the Rentz family to have dinner with me as often as I could.

No, but you said you didn't think he knew he was going to be a suspect at this moment in time. I think his lawyers were advising him what they thought was going to happen.

Like I said, he may had figured out this stuff on his own seeing how LE was doing all these SW's on him.

I see your point about it being our only glimpse. That makes sense to me. I guess I just wonder if the jury needs a 6-hour glimpse. :waitasec:

Probably not. But if one side wanted to clip any parts, the other side would want to as well. And that would turn into a huge judicial mess. So that's why we and the jury are getting the full 6 hours. I am only interacting on here, half-way listening, because I've watched it before. I'm doing much needed things around the house that I've neglected for the past month.

Lawyer: Have you kept in touch with high school friends?
Brad: No we haven't kept in touch.
Lawyer: Who is we?

What kind of crazy making questions are these!

Love your sig line. I have had 7 pet pigs....one lived in the house with us for 10 years. 200 pounds, so much easier to train than a puppy, clean, highly intelligent, and so much fun!

Lawyer: Have you kept in touch with high school friends?
Brad: No we haven't kept in touch.
Lawyer: Who is we?

What kind of crazy making questions are these!

It just goes to show that Brad was a loner and cared about nobody but himself. My opinion, at the very least.

That was exactly what I thought when I watched this in it's entirety a couple week-ends ago. I'd watched portions before, but never the whole thing in one shot, like I did then. By the sixth or seventh tape I was just speechless, and felt as if someone had punched me in the chest. My heart hurt for Nancy, the children, Nancy's family, especially her twin. That twin bond is probably as close as the maternal bond in many ways. My twin grandsons, at times, are almost conjoined. When they were first separated at preschool, same room but sitting at different tables, they were very much affected by it. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amberdw2021