New Darlie Interview - WFAA

Its said that is because Lucas FALSELY admitted to the crime he was on death row for. So, he didn't qualify for the death penalty. I think that's more of a feather in the cap of Texas, not a bad thing.
Yeah, the one he was on DR for was the one they called "orange socks" because that was all she had on. They never did identify her if I remember correctly. Anyway, I was still blown away when his sentence was commuted....considering he was indeed a murderer, that was fact.

Jeana is right, I just watched a documentary on this guy, they cannot tie him for real to any of the crimes (3000) he actually confessed to except the two initial murders. They believed him at first, and violla, he now sits on Death Row forever.
Lucas died in 2001

Yeah, the one he was on DR for was the one they called "orange socks" because that was all she had on. They never did identify her if I remember correctly. Anyway, I was still blown away when his sentence was commuted....considering he was indeed a murderer, that was fact.

Yes, but I believe it went a LONG way to prove that Texas isn't just out to kill everyone and that Texas appellate courts, judges, supreme court and the governor's office actually READ the stuff that they're provided regarding those about to be executed and they act accordingly. That should put to rest those Darlies who believe the type about Texas!!!

Oh sorry I completely disagree with this. She's had her chance to serve up Darin. Texas will not swap one for the other especially when there's not a lick of evidence that Darin committed the murders. Do you think Texas will just take Darlie's word for it and open the cell door?

Respectfully, I do not agree there is not a link of evidence, we just may not be privy to it, or it may only be known to Darlie. I'll grant it may or may not be circumstantial, but if it can be corroberated, that's about all it would take. And not to forget she has only been convicted for one of the boys, I personally believe that has something to do with this. There is no incentive for her to serve up Darrin as she would be putting the nails in her own coffin as well, and why would she until she has exhausted all of her appeal avenues?
I'm not suggesting they would swap one for the other, on that we agree.
But she would have to alive long enough to testify as a witness, no?

Respectfully, I do not agree there is not a link of evidence, we just may not be privy to it, or it may only be known to Darlie. I'll grant it may or may not be circumstantial, but if it can be corroberated, that's about all it would take. And not to forget she has only been convicted for one of the boys, I personally believe that has something to do with this. There is no incentive for her to serve up Darrin as she would be putting the nails in her own coffin as well, and why would she until she has exhausted all of her appeal avenues?

The State has no hard on for Darin. They're not sitting around with calendars in hand waiting for the moment they can approach Darlie and ask her to roll over on Darin. You dream darlin!!!

I must be totally wierd because when I was put on an antidepressant just about this time last year, I lost so much weight my clothes were falling off. I lost about 10lbs in two weeks initially.

Lucky you! I tried them around the time my mother died and gained a ton of weight. :mad: I know it's off topic, but did you keep your appetite?

The State has no hard on for Darin. They're not sitting around with calendars in hand waiting for the moment they can approach Darlie and ask her to roll over on Darin. You dream darlin!!!

I am wondering how much credibility she would have anyway at this point. It isn't like there was any bit of physical evidence that pointed to Darin or they would have gone after him before now. Even though she could certainly explain some of the questions about her injuries, the sock and how he didn't hear anything until the glass broke, it seems that she could just as easily come across as concocting a story in a desperate attempt to save her own life. Unless there was some type of physical evidence that pointed to him, wouldn't it come down to he said she said?

Lucky you! I tried them around the time my mother died and gained a ton of weight. :mad: I know it's off topic, but did you keep your appetite?

Yes and no, sometimes I can eat, sometimes I can't. I had all the side effects to the anti-depressants and anorexia was one of them. I'm not anorexic, I love food, I just have nausea a lot so that cuts back the eating.

I am wondering how much credibility she would have anyway at this point. It isn't like there was any bit of physical evidence that pointed to Darin or they would have gone after him before now. Even though she could certainly explain some of the questions about her injuries, the sock and how he didn't hear anything until the glass broke, it seems that she could just as easily come across as concocting a story in a desperate attempt to save her own life. Unless there was some type of physical evidence that pointed to him, wouldn't it come down to he said she said?

Yes. And his attorney would say to the jury "Why would any of you take the word of a convicted murderer? She's obviously trying to get my client to take the rap for her actions."

If they have any physical evidence, circumstantial or not that Darin was involved, he would have been tried at the time of the murders. Maybe I'm stupid but I don't see Darlie keeping mum if Darin was involved at all.

The state is quite prepared to charge Darlie and try her for Devon's murder should she ever by some chance win an appeal.

Don't hold your breath, I don't think we'll ever see Darlie testifying at trial against Darin for murder that's for sure.

If they have any physical evidence, circumstantial or not that Darin was involved, he would have been tried at the time of the murders. Maybe I'm stupid but I don't see Darlie keeping mum if Darin was involved at all.

The state is quite prepared to charge Darlie and try her for Devon's murder should she ever by some chance win an appeal.

Don't hold your breath, I don't think we'll ever see Darlie testifying at trial against Darin for murder that's for sure. then it becomes he said, she said.....

Don't hold your breath, I don't think we'll ever see Darlie testifying at trial against Darin for murder that's for sure.
I agree 1000000000000%

oops, twins...my computer crashed for a second or two. Can one of the mods remove the double post please?? thanks

Don't hold your breath, I don't think we'll ever see Darlie testifying at trial against Darin for murder that's for sure. then it becomes he said, she said.....

Cami, then perhaps we can "doubly" agree to disagree, just wanted to state my thoughts for the record.

What she'll do is be one step closer to the death chamber. She's entitled to have the evidence tested. She may be entitled to some other delays and maybe even a stay or two, but if there is nothing that comes out of it, at the end, she'll be executed.
Yep..she will. We Texan's don't keep them around forever do we Jeana!?!?! ;)

As you all know I am not fond of this woman (queen of gross understatements here..) or her husband. Going out on a limb here to say that this woman will NEVER be executed.
It will go down to the wire, she will exhaust all her appeals and requests, and will then serve up Darling Darrin for her sentence to be commuted to life..
At which point, all my dear friends will be at my doorstep, line forming around the block, to tell me I was right from the beginning ( I can dream..) I would not want to see what waits on the other side for these two, that is for sure.
Won't work. She will be put to death within the next 5-6 years.. They WON'T commute her sentence. I expect the blood evidence testing to show nothing except to reaffirm that the original sentence was correct.

Won't work. She will be put to death within the next 5-6 years.. They WON'T commute her sentence. I expect the blood evidence testing to show nothing except to reaffirm that the original sentence was correct.

I agree they will not find anything new in the blood evidence.
BTW, I plan on having a party if/when they off this freak, I just believe that Darrin was involved and should also pay for it.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth
Back