ABC producer paid for George, Cindy Anthony to stay at the Ritz Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because I know how media works, I understand how some things are comped. I have no issue with that. I have no issue with this night whatsoever. I have heard but can't find link so must state IMO that G & C are on mental disability from the state. Any Dr would say they've suffered mental breakdowns IMO. It would be an easy note for either of them to get. LOTS of people work pro-bono for the publicity. Do you think octo-mom was paying for her publicist? I do believe that Casey is getting a lot for free and has worked up a lot with Baez that is paying for her defense etc and that a lot is done pro-bono. It's my impression from what I've read that the Anthony's aren't Baez biggest fan. Again, I don't think G&C are saints. I don't think they've done everything right, but I do think there are plausible explanations for many things they've done and where I see that my mind understands and forgives that action. Many other minds see it the opposite. We're just different people with different experiences we bring to this that make us see this different ways.

I find it extremely unlikely that any doctor would risk their license to pronounce either totally and permanently disabled due to the loss of their grandchild. That is the requirement for disability through the Social Security Administration. Mental illness would have to be pretty severe to cause that type of recommendation. So wherever you heard that, they probably got it wrong or garbled. CA was on a type of extended sick leave through her employment and may still be, but it seems unlikely that they would pay her forever. I would guess that has or will end shortly. GA hadn't been on the job long enough to accumulate any such benefits.

Let's try not to start any rumors. Or any more rumors, I should say, no matter how they might slant obo or favor the A's.

C'mon now, Chilly Willy. This thread is about being wined and dined. That in and of itself is a profit, now isn't it? No media has ever put me up in a hotel or bought me, my family and the rest of my entourage dinner. Heck, I don't even have an entourage!

But is there something the media so badly wants to interview you about? ;)(Surely you dont mean the media should be obligated to put every man, woman and child up at the Ritz whether or not they have any interest in interviewing them?) But if they did hope to interview you, and were going to put you up at a 5 star hotel, would you refuse ? It can be a relaxing place to stay at such an hotel and usually has good security that helps one avoid papparazzi etc. At a time when I was facing such a terrible loss, AND being the target of tabloids, papparazzi , self-styled "new media" types and curious & bellicose members of the public, I think I'd take them up on it

But is there something the media so badly wants to interview you about? ;)(Surely you dont mean the media should be obligated to put every man, woman and child up at the Ritz whether or not they have any interest in interviewing them?) But if they did hope to interview you, and were going to put you up at a 5 star hotel, would you refuse ? It can be a relaxing place to stay at such an hotel and usually has good security that helps one avoid papparazzi etc. At a time when I was facing such a terrible loss, AND being the target of tabloids, papparazzi , self-styled "new media" types and curious & bellicose members of the public, I think I'd take them up on it ;)

And under other circumstances, I may be very glad the opportunity was afforded to you. Under these, not so much.

Overall I believe in justice and by the time the A's are in a position to really profit (after the trial) they might all be in jail. Media isn't touching them at the moment; they're just not all that interesting. They've babbled and insulted, offended and frustrated the sensibilities of just about everyone on the planet. They're old news and boring.

Who knows what the feds are cooking up? When the time is right I don't think there will be many unanswered questions. Call me Pollyanna but...

I find it extremely unlikely that any doctor would risk their license to pronounce either totally and permanently disabled due to the loss of their grandchild. That is the requirement for disability through the Social Security Administration. Mental illness would have to be pretty severe to cause that type of recommendation. So wherever you heard that, they probably got it wrong or garbled. CA was on a type of extended sick leave through her employment and may still be, but it seems unlikely that they would pay her forever. I would guess that has or will end shortly. GA hadn't been on the job long enough to accumulate any such benefits.

Let's try not to start any rumors. Or any more rumors, I should say, no matter how they might slant obo or favor the A's.

Who said anything about permanent disability provided by SSA? I was talking about state disability. It is regularly given for mental breakdowns and I'm not sure you could find a Dr. who would say that they HAVEN'T suffered a mental breakdown. Just because you're not familiar with it, or you disagree with it, doesn't mean that I got it wrong or garbled.

I don't know the Anthony's, I'm not related to the Anthony's, but to be honest, my life experience gives me direct experience and insight into what they are going through. I understand it intimately.

And to everyone who keeps saying we have no compassion, guess what? I have compassion for Caylee. Boatloads.

Who said anything about permanent disability provided by SSA? I was talking about state disability. It is regularly given for mental breakdowns and I'm not sure you could find a Dr. who would say that they HAVEN'T suffered a mental breakdown. Just because you're not familiar with it, or you disagree with it, doesn't mean that I got it wrong or garbled.

I don't know the Anthony's, I'm not related to the Anthony's, but to be honest, my life experience gives me direct experience and insight into what they are going through. I understand it intimately.

You seem to know a lot about the workings of disability benefits. With the economic situation in this country at the moment I doubt they're handing out payments like candy. The states can't afford to do that. If they're able to do it for the A's then every person in this country with a deceased family member deserves the same benefits.

You seem to know a lot about the workings of disability benefits. With the economic situation in this country at the moment I doubt they're handing out payments like candy. The states can't afford to do that. If they're able to do it for the A's then every person in this country with a deceased family member deserves the same benefits.

This situation is hugely different than that. Compound grief with the fact that their daughter did it and they have to come to terms with that and then add the protesters outside their house and huge media frenzy. Mix it all together and it's a recipe for a huge mental breakdown.

My experience with state disability is only because of my experience with child abduction and murder. I can't and won't be more candid than that.

I think Cindy and George deserved to be put up at the Ritz! Look how much they've been through and look at how much the news media has profited from their tragedy.

Yeah, what you said, except I haven't heard anything about anyone being pro-bono.

When Brad Conway was busy introducing himself as the new attorney for the Anthonys and calling himself one of the good guys, I thought he said he offered his services for free. I have no link.
Michelle Bart definitely stated she offered her services for free since she is advertising her own company "Helping Heroes" with all of her websites about Caylee, and profiting that way.
Wasn't it also mentioned that Dominic Casey was supposed to be working free?
There may be more, I need to think about it.

Which state offers disability payments? I've never heard of it in FL. And I live here. That knowledge would be very helpful to have. Please do explain how that works and where to go so I can advise others.

I didn't suggest you got anything wrong or garbled. I wrote that your source may have done so. You admitted you couldn't find anything to back this up.

Wherever you got your degree in psychology, surely they explained a diagnosis made at a distance is not to be relied upon. I see people that seem to be functioning quite well with day to day activities. Perhaps you've seen something that I have not. Your life experience, no offense, is not applicable here. What you went through may or not be anything like what the A's experience. But just out of curiosity, were you determined disabled over grief by any entity?

Just as an FYI: A "mental breakdown" is an old term, btw, not currently in fashion or used by those in the biz.

I think Cindy and George deserved to be put up at the Ritz! Look how much they've been through and look at how much the news media has profited from their tragedy.

The news media is supposed to profit for telling us the news.
That is their job.
The Anthonys are not supposed to profit for protecting a murderer, lying, and covering up evidence.

And to everyone who keeps saying we have no compassion, guess what? I have compassion for Caylee. Boatloads.

Well done.

I also have compassion for LE and the state attorney's office working on this case. They're really up against it and not getting help from those who should have more compassion for Caylee than do we.

So it was just for the one day, or the one post, huh? Well, it was nice being first while it lasted. ;)

That is their job.
The Anthonys are not supposed to profit for protecting a murderer, lying, and covering up evidence.
You said that so well!:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

When Brad Conway was busy introducing himself as the new attorney for the Anthonys and calling himself one of the good guys, I thought he said he offered his services for free. I have no link.
Michelle Bart definitely stated she offered her services for free since she is advertising her own company "Helping Heroes" with all of her websites about Caylee, and profiting that way.
Wasn't it also mentioned that Dominic Casey was supposed to be working free?
There may be more, I need to think about it.

My bad; I misunderstood. I thought you were referencing KC's team, not the A's entourage. Yes, BC did say free and who on earth would pay MB?? :)

So it was just for the one day, or the one post, huh? Well, it was nice being first while it lasted. ;)

hehe. sowwy. :)

Have to run out to the disability office now. Heard they're giving out free money! wheeeee!

Which state offers disability payments? I've never heard of it in FL. And I live here. That knowledge would be very helpful to have. Please do explain how that works and where to go so I can advise others.

I didn't suggest you got anything wrong or garbled. I wrote that your source may have done so. You admitted you couldn't find anything to back this up.

Wherever you got your degree in psychology, surely they explained a diagnosis made at a distance is not to be relied upon. I see people that seem to be functioning quite well with day to day activities. Perhaps you've seen something that I have not. Your life experience, no offense, is not applicable here. What you went through may or not be anything like what the A's experience. But just out of curiosity, were you determined disabled over grief by any entity?

Just as an FYI: A "mental breakdown" is an old term, btw, not currently in fashion or used by those in the biz.

I never, ever said I was a psychologist so you can hold the snippy remarks. You did indeed say I got it wrong or garbled, but that's OK. You're entitled to your opinion. There absolutely are states that provide this benefit and I'm going to have to leave that quest to you as there's no way I'm going to compromise my anonymity to provide even that bit of information.

That is their job.

(emphasis added)

Very, very well said. Exactly what I've been trying to get across for days now. You did it better in one sentence than I've done in pages and pages of words.

hehe. sowwy. :)

Have to run out to the disability office now. Heard they're giving out free money! wheeeee!

rofl

Yeah, me too, as soon as I can find it. Maybe we can get directions from the imaginanny? I heard she works there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vjeanine