I found a handwriting match to the RN

Do you think Zodiac's handwriting resembles the RN?

• Total voters
I do think that there is some resemblance in some letters such as the letters y and q,

Now you're talking my language.

the reservation I have is that anyone with a marker could produce those letters that resemble both the PR and RN.

I imagine that's a tad unlikely.

Obviously the RDI can spin it that PR was disguising her true writing habits in the RN.
While this is entirely a rational argument,

Thank you! You are a gentleman.

it leaves the question begging, how do we match the RN to PR handwriting if the RN is disguised?
How can we tell whether PR wrote the RN in disguise, or an intruder in disguise?

Good questions. The best answers to both I can give you are:

1)as I understand it, it's the really distinctive similarities that give it away. Just as an example, the "a"s. I heard somewhere (can't remember specifically just now) that only 5% of the American population writes them like that.

2) I realize you probably won't like this, especially coming from me, but there's no way around it: a lot of it comes down to who can be placed inside the house that night. As of now, no one has ever been able to show that there WAS an intruder in there to begin with, whereas PR can be shown to have been there.

I think forensic linguistics is the best way forward out of the deadlock.

I imagine that's what Hunter thought, too. Until it blew up in in his face. I say start over. Bring in linguists who are as unbiased as possible. As good a place to start as any I can think of.

the letter "a" is hooded in RN, unhooded in PR.

Ah-ha! I got you on that one, voynich. In her writings BEFORE the crime, she wrote it both ways (about 50-50). AFTER the crime, she only wrote it unhooded. I make mention of this in my book.

She was the only person who was shown to have changed her writing after the crime. As my buddy Curly the Stooge would say, "dat's a coincidunce!"

Me neither. It was my own two eyes. Which, like it or not, is what it would come down to with a jury, too.

Actually, that reminds me. Alex Hunter actually had a pretty good idea (for once) to break the deadlock: just let the jury see the comparison charts for themselves.

:clap: Exquisite.

You know what's bothering me re "Patsy wrote it"?The last part of the note when it gets personal.It's like someone else wrote/composed that part even if the handwriting is the same.Now I'd like to know,if PR wrote it and in the first part it's obvious the writer tried to pin it on a SFF(kidnapping),why change it completely in the last part by implying it was someone having a personal problem with John?The only thing that makes sense to me would be that being in a hurry she didn't even READ what she wrote when she was done and didn't even bother if the note makes sense or not.But why write it then in the first place?

I'd have some IDI questions as well re the note but since they never bother to answer except for when it's about scoring points I'll drop it.

Now you're talking my language.

I imagine that's a tad unlikely.

Thank you! You are a gentleman.

Good questions. The best answers to both I can give you are:

1)as I understand it, it's the really distinctive similarities that give it away. Just as an example, the "a"s. I heard somewhere (can't remember specifically just now) that only 5% of the American population writes them like that.

2) I realize you probably won't like this, especially coming from me, but there's no way around it: a lot of it comes down to who can be placed inside the house that night. As of now, no one has ever been able to show that there WAS an intruder in there to begin with, whereas PR can be shown to have been there.

I imagine that's what Hunter thought, too. Until it blew up in in his face. I say start over. Bring in linguists who are as unbiased as possible. As good a place to start as any I can think of.

Ah-ha! I got you on that one, voynich. In her writings BEFORE the crime, she wrote it both ways (about 50-50). AFTER the crime, she only wrote it unhooded. I make mention of this in my book.

She was the only person who was shown to have changed her writing after the crime. As my buddy Curly the Stooge would say, "dat's a coincidunce!"

@bold
IMO that won't be possible,not in THIS case.This case is too high profile,everbody wants to gain something by getting involved.

Even if it isn't accurate, PR's have one thing on them that no one else's do: we KNOW she was there.

Hi SD.

Ya that's cool.

Just, that for voynich to have posted a sample that does represent the varatian seen in the rn, is a find. They may just be similar on 'at first glance' level, not close examination.

PR was there. And at first glance at the rn, JR commented on the similarity to his wife's handwriting.

You know what's bothering me re "Patsy wrote it"?The last part of the note when it gets personal.It's like someone else wrote/composed that part even if the handwriting is the same.Now I'd like to know,if PR wrote it and in the first part it's obvious the writer tried to pin it on a SFF(kidnapping),why change it completely in the last part by implying it was someone having a personal problem with John?The only thing that makes sense to me would be that being in a hurry she didn't even READ what she wrote when she was done and didn't even bother if the note makes sense or not.But why write it then in the first place?

I'd have some IDI questions as well re the note but since they never bother to answer except for when it's about scoring points I'll drop it.

Hi madeleine.

Less is more.
I dunno, I always thought, PRDI wise, that somehow she thought the more words, the more distance from herself within the note.

You gotta admit that it's kinda weird to see this as a coincidence.
The person that cannot be excluded as the writer is one of the 3 persons who happened to be in the house at the time of the murder.....I mean.......it is something.......

Hi madeleine.

Less is more.
I dunno, I always thought, PRDI wise, that somehow she thought the more words, the more distance from herself within the note.

Dunno,no matter how I look at it I just don't see JR agreeing with this BS RN.Maybe he had no idea at all?Dunno.

The last part of the rn,the one I was mentioning before,makes sense to me (if PR is the writer) only if JR wasn't present and the anger towards him was real at that point.Dunno if I am making myself clear now,dunno how to explain this.

The first part -instructions.The last part is a personal message.I can definitely see 2 separate issues there.The last part sounds more like expressing feelings.

The last page of the rn the writer omits the commas.

Don't underestimate us John.
Don't try to grow a brain John.
It is up to you now John!

but the writer has consistency in puctuation in sententences of this type (simple sentences?
http://www.uottawa.ca/academic/arts/writcent/hypergrammar/sntstrct.html :

If we catch you talking to a stray dog, she dies.

If you alert bank authorities, she dies.

If the money is in any way marked or tampered with, she dies.

You will be scanned for electronic devices and if any are found, she dies.

That is what I noticed about the puctuation in the RN...And maybe at the end as Madeleine posted was expressing anger tolds JR but other than JR knowing nothing in the RN maybe PR knew something we didn't cause this could work in alot of different directions....

@bold
IMO that won't be possible,not in THIS case.This case is too high profile,everbody wants to gain something by getting involved.

Yeah, I figured that was wishful thinking on my part.

Hi SD.

Ya that's cool.

Just, that for voynich to have posted a sample that does represent the varatian seen in the rn, is a find.

A find is a find, I'll give you that. But not all that glitters is gold, either.

They may just be similar on 'at first glance' level, not close examination.

PR was there. And at first glance at the rn, JR commented on the similarity to his wife's handwriting.

You put it succinctly, Tadpole.

In my opinion, when composing the RN, its author would have had to consider an obvious question anyone reading the letter would formulate as soon as they had finished reading the first page. "Why would a foreign faction kidnap a little pagent queen from Boulder, Colorado???"

Every story must include 3 parts: 1.) It must have an interesting beginning, which catches the readers attention and introduces the story to its reader; 2.) It must include an interesting, 'meat filled middle'; and 3.) It must have a conclusion, which ties the other two parts together to bring an end to the story.

The author of this "STORY" had to connect JonBenet and her family to the foreign faction. The simplest way to do that was to invent a reason for JonBenet becoming the victim by inferring that the killer also had
issues with JonBenet's father. By making the RN "personal" and by using obvious hostility toward John, the conclusion of the RN made connection to its introduction and completed the author's intent...

Cherokee kindley posted a dictated handwritten note by PR side by side to the RN

http://www.forumsforjustice.org/forums/showthread.php?t=6404&page=2
scroll down to HANDWRITING ANALYSIS – Part II, Section II The Lowercase Letter ‘q’

http://www.forumsforjustice.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=1598&stc=1&d=1135885579

It is obvious to anyone that the two samples do not look anything alike. Obviously the RDI can spin it that PR was disguising her true writing habits in the RN.
While this is entirely a rational argument, it leaves the question begging, how do we match the RN to PR handwriting if the RN is disguised?
How can wel tell whether PR wrote the RN in disguise, or an intruder in disguise? I think forensic linguistics is the best way forward out of the deadlock.
I think that the ZK lower case "t" is distinctive looks the same as in the RN.

Here's a spooky crackpot idea

JB's killer was none other than the Zodiac!

LOL, pretty wild speculation here isn`t it. I don`t think the RN resembles anything the Zodiac wrote, really you`re stretching a bit aren`t you.

Forensics linguistics have linked the note to Patsy Ramsey. She wrote it with her left hand. And they are not comparing handwriting, but previous and later correspondence by Patsy....thoughts, ideas and words...

I think the note gives the R`s time. If no note, the cops would have searched the house and found the body sooner. They had to enact some kind of coverup in order to save their own skins and it worked.

Yes, she`s definitely putting John down in the last paragraph. Her rage got the better of her I guess.

Patsy couldn`t seem to stop herself from giving up the goods. How many times did she slip and tell the public that two people were involved in JB`s murder. And all through the note, she refers to two...`two gentlemen` `we` `group of individuals``small foreign faction`

What's easier to disguise , style/linguistics or handwriting?
IMO style.
So in this case you have to look at the handwriting .

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back