FL - Somer Thompson, 7, Orange Park, 19 Oct 2009 #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just for the record. I see on google maps at street view the garbage cans in Somer's area are the ones the workers have to lift by hand and empty.. I can see them all at the street . must of been garbage day they road through and took pics for google maps.. lol

Unless it has changed since pictures were taken.. but that would be a big upgrade and costly so I doubt it..

Fundraiser brings in more than $20,000

http://jacksonville.com/community/m...strangers_come_together_to_help_somers_family#

eta this tid bit from link:

Somer's vigil was taken down tonight with notes attached to toys that read : From Somer. The toys will be handed out to toys for tots and law enforcement. Tonight was the last vigil for Somer but the neighboorhood plans to keep the tree as her memorial.

Also, a group of bands have formed R.A.S.P., or Rockers Against Sexual Predators and will hold a benefit concert for Somer’s family on Nov. 15 at Orange Park Town Hall.

Goodnight, and God bless you. More brainstorming sessions for us very soon. Maybe while sleeping.

I guess that is possible because they are under age?? I swear I have seen adults on those maps before. But that is what originally alerted me to this...the kids and then the black out. I was on another message board after I googled on of our RSO names - there was a full body shot of Somer - with a frown on her face - gave me chills but when I saw the one little girl walking on the map, it is a surefire match for body shape.

Can I post the picture of Somer I saw to show yall? Or Can I provide the link?

Someone posted a different angle of those same two kids early on. They thought it looked like Somer too. IIRC

I was just sitting here looking at google maps street view and for one I can't believe how far those children had to walk at such a young age.. I traveled the map all the way from the house to school..

another thing is the day these pics were taken for the maps there are a lot of cars going towards the school and buses leaving the school.. some parents walking towards school so I am taking that as walking to pick their children up..

I just can't believe no one around to give more info about Somer... and not more released to media... about seeing her around...

ETA: Noticed also that everyone has been walking to or from the school on the same side street as the burned house.. Not the park side..

( I did this in the wee hours so as not to clog up the flow of the thread. I didn't mean for it to take up this much space. If I blow the margins I apologize)

I was seven, once upon a time. I don't know why but I feel in my gut that Somer is like the seven year old I was. Sensitive, dramatic, and generally opinionated. I see a child who's sweet as candy but one who tells you what she thinks whether you want to know or not. Those traits got me picked on a lot too. She likes treehouses. Interesting, so I'll assume from that and just looking at pics of this precious lil girl, our Somer is a tomboy, betcha. Our baby gurl just doesn't look too 'gurly' to me. So, I need a place to hide because I'm pizzed. I got in a fight at school and now my sister wants to play 'mommy' and I ain't havin' it....sheesh. I want to hide and to disappear. I want to punish and I say I'll NEVER go home, but I'm seven and I'm programmed to go in that direction even if I dally along the way. At seven being "first' is supreme at whatever it is. Making it home from school first is just THE BEST, especially if you 'got the jump' on that sister of yours after she reamed you a new wa~hoo because of that fight at school. I want to get home FIRST so I can tell mom my version of that fight before SHE gets there. She's gonna blame it on me. She's my older sister, blaming me is like her job. And we know mom will call! She always does. I want to hide from sis AND I want to get home first. Easily done.

Okay, an interesting remark I heard Beseler make early on, was that they were going to check everything including sewers. Don't ask me where I got that but it came from video from Beseler's mouth, after Somer had been found, I swear. I ASSume he meant for evidence of Somer's presence there or of the crime.

What I found is that possibly Beseler didn't mean sewers at all, but rather the drainage/rainwater run-off system. Remember the video of creepy dude in the hat with the stick? He was walking what appeared to be a creek. It's not a creek. It's part of this drainage system. I think he was walking the area of the drainage system between Gano and Debarry. You'll see that later.

People seem to be 'putting' Somer at 1080 Gano. The little boy said at the tanks. This Kyle said he saw her at 1080 Gano. I believe someone else said they believed that they saw her at the intersection of Grove Park and Gano. Her sister said in the police report at the area that would have to be Solomon and the tanks.

I found something interesting which I think could back up ALL of these accounts. I found a serious shortcut and if I was seven, and my older brother had shown it to me....and I am SURE he had...then I'd go this way because it's just too cool to resist. I knew before that the city easment existed but I didn't know until now that there were tunnels under all these roads at points along her route. What better way to hide?!? I lived in the drain pipe down the street from my house when I was a kid. It had tadpoles!!

The drainage system....here's the whole thing...I traced the path in yellow. The red box is 1080 Gano and there is an access path that runs down beside 1080 to a drainage pipe at Grove Park Ave.
ClayCounty.jpg

Let's say Somer hides here first and let's her sister and her brother pass........

GanoTanks.jpg

....then she continues up Gano just a few yards to 1080.

...but what she's after, and maybe has to go through, or is used to going through the yard at 1080 to gain access to, is the drainage ditch behind the fence, pictured on your right (below). It appears to be a part of the 1080 property. It's not. It's city owned and labeled drainage/rw. Maybe she see's this Kyle, not expecting anyone to be there. So she says something that to her sounds 'adult' to Kyle in passing. She wants it to look like she's looking at the house, not tresspassing. To her this sounds reasonable for a seven year old to say.

1080.jpg

Now one of two things happens.
A) She goes down through the area beside 1080 to get to this.....on Grove Park....

(this is on the side of Grove park that backs up to 1080) see the drain pipe just above the car's roof, it's a big 'un, and it goes right under Grove Park Ave.

drainpipe.jpg

Here's the other side...

drainagegrovepark.jpg

Or B) instead of hitting this pipe at Grove from the access beside 1080 she continued up Gano just past Grove Park. Remember, she waited to see her sister and brother pass. They aren't looking behind them for her. But she's still trying to beat them home without being seen.

Here's where (on Gano) the pipe continues and the 'creek' runs behind the houses all the way to Debarry. This is the Grove Park side. That tunnel I showed you above, on Grove Park, feeds this end.

ganodrainpipe1-1.jpg

This is the end of the pipe that extends past Gano and all the way to Debarry in the form of a creek. I'm guessing the video of the creepy hat, stick dude was taken somewhere between here and the Debarry end of the system.

ganodrainpipe.jpg

This is the same drainage system at Debarry. It's on the right if you're going up Debarry to Horton....see the sheds?

Debarrydrainage.jpg

Here's the other side where this system feeds into the retention pond behind Horton...

debarrydrainage1.jpg

Theoretically, it's possible that Somer was actually ahead of her siblings at some point and that somewhere in the vicinity of this drainage system, if she was walking it to try and beat them home AND hide, she ran headlong into this tragedy somewhere along the way. And to be so little, she'd probably have to follow the system all the way up in order to avoid the fences seperating access to the tunnels from passers by on the roads. They were searching these area's. We saw the proof of that in the creepy hat, stick dude video. If she did go this way, she could get from 1080 Gano or from the Grove Park drain pipe, all the way to Debarry, without being seen. And it would also mean that our monster is still right there. I'm thinking maybe they found ziltch at 1080 Gano. This 'creek' running all the way from Gano to Debarry has got to be a magnet for the kids.

Just a thought. Now you can beat me for hijacking the thread.

Shutterfly, that is the most sound, supported and researched theory I've seen in a while.

The sheds.....the only way in to those sheds is off of Gano, thru the apt buildings....we searched this area, but there is no way out on Debarry, it is totally fenced off.

I really pray with all my heart that something good come from Somer having her life stolen from her. If it's at all possible. Not just another law, but an ever living breathing goodness come. Community Unity that never fades. Everyone watching out for everyone else with always alert eyes. Monsters no longer able to hide in the shadows or cars that seem to be ignored. An awareness that the innocent are prey for predators and that each and every one will say NO MORE every day. That adults would come out onto the streets to walk their dogs as the kids walk to and from school. More eyes open, more people alert and watching over the little ones. Grammas and Grampas with canes in one hand and a dog on a leash on the other, learning the faces the of the children, the times they walk by, who they walk by with.
Please, all over the country, let it start in Orange Park and grow into a national habit of unity, harmony, and caring for the sake of the little ones.

Remember the days when there were front porches and people took evening strolls and waved at the neighbors as they passed by?
I mean it's time for everyone to come out everyday and be part of the neighborhood watch. The roads with high traffic volume, too busy, that some would take those places on too. Let it be so.

And let the people rise up and demand that the schools stop teaching trash to our kids while we at it. ok my 2 cents in there.

:(

( I did this in the wee hours so as not to clog up the flow of the thread. I didn't mean for it to take up this much space. If I blow the margins I apologize)

I was seven, once upon a time. I don't know why but I feel in my gut that Somer is like the seven year old I was. Sensitive, dramatic, and generally opinionated. I see a child who's sweet as candy but one who tells you what she thinks whether you want to know or not. Those traits got me picked on a lot too. She likes treehouses. Interesting, so I'll assume from that and just looking at pics of this precious lil girl, our Somer is a tomboy, betcha. Our baby gurl just doesn't look too 'gurly' to me. So, I need a place to hide because I'm pizzed. I got in a fight at school and now my sister wants to play 'mommy' and I ain't havin' it....sheesh. I want to hide and to disappear. I want to punish and I say I'll NEVER go home, but I'm seven and I'm programmed to go in that direction even if I dally along the way. At seven being "first' is supreme at whatever it is. Making it home from school first is just THE BEST, especially if you 'got the jump' on that sister of yours after she reamed you a new wa~hoo because of that fight at school. I want to get home FIRST so I can tell mom my version of that fight before SHE gets there. She's gonna blame it on me. She's my older sister, blaming me is like her job. And we know mom will call! She always does. I want to hide from sis AND I want to get home first. Easily done.

Okay, an interesting remark I heard Beseler make early on, was that they were going to check everything including sewers. Don't ask me where I got that but it came from video from Beseler's mouth, after Somer had been found, I swear. I ASSume he meant for evidence of Somer's presence there or of the crime.

What I found is that possibly Beseler didn't mean sewers at all, but rather the drainage/rainwater run-off system. Remember the video of creepy dude in the hat with the stick? He was walking what appeared to be a creek. It's not a creek. It's part of this drainage system. I think he was walking the area of the drainage system between Gano and Debarry. You'll see that later.

People seem to be 'putting' Somer at 1080 Gano. The little boy said at the tanks. This Kyle said he saw her at 1080 Gano. I believe someone else said they believed that they saw her at the intersection of Grove Park and Gano. Her sister said in the police report at the area that would have to be Solomon and the tanks.

I found something interesting which I think could back up ALL of these accounts. I found a serious shortcut and if I was seven, and my older brother had shown it to me....and I am SURE he had...then I'd go this way because it's just too cool to resist. I knew before that the city easment existed but I didn't know until now that there were tunnels under all these roads at points along her route. What better way to hide?!? I lived in the drain pipe down the street from my house when I was a kid. It had tadpoles!!

The drainage system....here's the whole thing...I traced the path in yellow. The red box is 1080 Gano and there is an access path that runs down beside 1080 to a drainage pipe at Grove Park Ave.
ClayCounty.jpg

Let's say Somer hides here first and let's her sister and her brother pass........

GanoTanks.jpg

....then she continues up Gano just a few yards to 1080.

...but what she's after, and maybe has to go through, or is used to going through the yard at 1080 to gain access to, is the drainage ditch behind the fence, pictured on your right (below). It appears to be a part of the 1080 property. It's not. It's city owned and labeled drainage/rw. Maybe she see's this Kyle, not expecting anyone to be there. So she says something that to her sounds 'adult' to Kyle in passing. She wants it to look like she's looking at the house, not tresspassing. To her this sounds reasonable for a seven year old to say.

1080.jpg

Now one of two things happens.
A) She goes down through the area beside 1080 to get to this.....on Grove Park....

(this is on the side of Grove park that backs up to 1080) see the drain pipe just above the car's roof, it's a big 'un, and it goes right under Grove Park Ave.

drainpipe.jpg

Here's the other side...

drainagegrovepark.jpg

Or B) instead of hitting this pipe at Grove from the access beside 1080 she continued up Gano just past Grove Park. Remember, she waited to see her sister and brother pass. They aren't looking behind them for her. But she's still trying to beat them home without being seen.

Here's where (on Gano) the pipe continues and the 'creek' runs behind the houses all the way to Debarry. This is the Grove Park side. That tunnel I showed you above, on Grove Park, feeds this end.

ganodrainpipe1-1.jpg

This is the end of the pipe that extends past Gano and all the way to Debarry in the form of a creek. I'm guessing the video of the creepy hat, stick dude was taken somewhere between here and the Debarry end of the system.

ganodrainpipe.jpg

This is the same drainage system at Debarry. It's on the right if you're going up Debarry to Horton....see the sheds?

Debarrydrainage.jpg

Here's the other side where this system feeds into the retention pond behind Horton...

debarrydrainage1.jpg

Theoretically, it's possible that Somer was actually ahead of her siblings at some point and that somewhere in the vicinity of this drainage system, if she was walking it to try and beat them home AND hide, she ran headlong into this tragedy somewhere along the way. And to be so little, she'd probably have to follow the system all the way up in order to avoid the fences seperating access to the tunnels from passers by on the roads. They were searching these area's. We saw the proof of that in the creepy hat, stick dude video. If she did go this way, she could get from 1080 Gano or from the Grove Park drain pipe, all the way to Debarry, without being seen. And it would also mean that our monster is still right there. I'm thinking maybe they found ziltch at 1080 Gano. This 'creek' running all the way from Gano to Debarry has got to be a magnet for the kids.

Just a thought. Now you can beat me for hijacking the thread.

Shutterfly - I have this motion sickness I got from looking at Google Earth. I was laying in bed and had to get up cause of everything spinning. And what do I find? A brilliant hypothesis laid out by a sleuther who can get into the mind of a child. The same sleuther who designed an extraordinary Sponge Bob web site on another thread for a little missing boy. The story you tell through the pictures is my kind of learning! thank you so much! An adventure that turns into a tragedy - that's so sad.

A few questions - you probably answered them, but it takes me hours to figure out directions. Are there dumpsters along the way that are easily accessible? It makes sense a perp would wait along that area for a child - but how would he know one was coming? Is there visibility? If your scenario is true, do you think the perp walked or left a car somewhere? thanks again shutterfly - you are terrific! :blowkiss:

http://www.startribune.com/nation/65935457.html?elr=KArksLckD8EQDUoaEyqyP4O:DW3ckUiD3aPc:_Yyc:aUUJ

"Investigators have ruled out all 161 registered sex offenders who lived within a 5-mile radius of Somer's home."

So, who is this monster? 800,000 children a year go missing, although some are custodial fights. That's 2000 per day. Most know their abductor. Did Somer know her abductor?

Trino - They have ruled out 161 KNOWN SO - who knows how many there are not yet caught!!! :banghead:

As far as knowing her abductor - I think she was familiar with him...for all we know it could be a neighbor. mho

Shutterfly, there is no access between those homes on Gano, 1080 and the neighbor....the side That comes out on Grove Park, is all fenced in and locked. The end that comes to the little park on Kingsley is fenced and locked also....how would she get into those pipes?

Shutterfly, the areas of the little creek that is open for her to get in would be the one on Gano, past Grove Park Ave, just up a little way on the right of her walking home...It goes back behind those apts there, comes out on the other side of those long sheds...it is steep in there, and the one part that I paid attention to was the part off of Gano...water and weeds down in there. I will look today at the other end of it and see if it is fenced off, or just how steep it is down there. But you are right...just across the street from the drainage on Debarry, is where the guy with the big stick was....LE told me then that that runs up into a neighbors back yard....I noticed the one behind Somer's home also..The only thing that gets me here, is that crossing guard saying she never made it up to Grove Park Ave....and there is no access between the homes there at 1080 Gano....fences butt up to each other.....

Shutterfly, there is no access between those homes on Gano, 1080 and the neighbor....the side That comes out on Grove Park, is all fenced in and locked. The end that comes to the little park on Kingsley is fenced and locked also....how would she get into those pipes?

I don't know, you'd have to ask the local kids. But I can tell you that the drainage system looks pretty inaccessible and fenced up here as well. I can also tell you that the kids find a way in it and that the drain pipes (here) are large enough for a medium sized person to get into. They go over the fence, some genius teenagers cut it open, or they sneak through people's yards. Very little in this world is childproof. You just aren't going to seperate children from water without a concrete barrier wall twelve feet high.

Good morning,
The vast majority on here are looking in the wrong direction. Pay particular attention to body language/discourse analysis in the interviews on the day of this crime, and on days immediately after.
Once you have done so, you will know more.
Add this to information gleaned from the police report, google maps and police procedure and you will know who murdered this child.

Thank you.

Good morning,
The vast majority on here are looking in the wrong direction. Pay particular attention to body language/discourse analysis in the interviews on the day of this crime, and on days immediately after.
Add this to information gleaned from the police report, google maps and police procedure and you will know who murdered this child.

Thank you.

You speak as one who knows something. Please share!

Good morning,

Thank you.

Well, mysterious BSU, welcome to Websleuths!

You say vast majority are looking in the wrong direction. Is ANYONE close?

And, seriously, do YOU know who did this? And I mean, for a fact, and not just armchair analysis like the rest of us...

Good morning,

Thank you.

:banghead:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members