2011.06.21 Sidebar Thread (Trial Day Twenty-four)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Indeed. So if this person is the same April and she was arrested April 14, 2011... Trial began on May 24, 2011. We kept hearing about the "6 weeks ago" thing... 39 days in between trial start date and the possible arrest of AW..........

:thud:

if you check MyOrangeClerk.com - you will find that Ms Whalen was incarcerated in 2008-9 and 2009 as well.

Hate to say this, but if it were up to me, I think I'd probably grant her a do-over due to ineffective counsel.

nah KC should have told Jb the truth about the 16th and should have remember her IMs and searches on that day.

Maybe not enough fruit in her diet?
:floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh: OMG My mind is so fried today...I called it being "Josed" I didn't get at first! For some stupid reason my mind went to fruit flies....then it hit me....:floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

I think I should be able to sue Jose for bystander distress!

1. Biaz and ICA are the laziest people on the face of the earth. They are so lazy that they could not even concoct their own lies, but had to steal stories from other inmates to create their own story line. Then they compound their laziness by not fact checking the story against the evidence that was to overwhelming to look at?

2. Biaz and ICA are a match made in HELL. Neither has a firm grip of reality, or the ability to distinguish the difference between reality and fantasy. Both believe the rules that apply to society do NO apply to themselves, and that all persons should bow and/or cower to their view of what is the truth.

3. Truth in the judicial system - This is non-existent. I must admit that I did not follow Scott Peterson, or OJ or any other case before this one, but I am unbelievably disheartened by the ability and permissibility of falsehoods that allowed to be presented in a room where you swore to GOD that you would speak nothing but the truth.

All I can say is what I know to be true in my own-self and it is this. If I were accused of killing my child, and facing the death penalty claiming innocence, I would either be:
A) fighting with such ferocity as to leave no stone unturned (or hard drive explored) to prove my innocence so I could KILL the person who did kill my child.
----- or ----------
B) so disheartened that I would just give up not wanting to be in a world with my kid gone.

Casey - You are a B&*!H and you deserve the likes of the ambulance chasing lawyer you chose on a recommendation from an inmate you had never met. I will treasure the day when you are removed from our lives and the people you have attempted to pull down the drain with you can return to a normal life.

Good riddance!

:aktion:

The next time JB asks for a mistrial or CM for that matter hopefully the judge will grant one. This trial has become a nightmare. Rather see the defense ask and the mistrial be granted rather than one come and it come to light ICA gets off on double jeopardy.

Praying that defense asks SOON.

I remember a case years back where a defendant in a capital case got a new trial based on ineffective counsel, a man who was charged with setting a fire that killed a little girl. His lawyer was humble and tried to do a good job, but just was not up to it. Baez is far from humble, seemingly not even trying to do his job, ignoring evidence from the state if it looks like it would take too long to review it, trying to slip in expert testimony that is not approved, etc...just boggles the mind that he could be considered effective in any way.

I don't know if anyone knows this answer, but if she were to get a do-over because of her ineffective consul(that seems like such an understatement) would she then be assigned a PD? A PD with 1/2 a brain is going to have he plead out and take LWOP. No way would it be circus part 2 unless her ineffective team stayed on

I want some accountability from Cheney Mason during this trial.
Does he think he is only involved during the DP phase?
Is he egging on JB’s bad behavior?
Can he rehabilitate JB?
Is he awake?

Exactly. Why should she get an appeal based on ineffective counsel when she has other 'competent' attorneys on her team? :maddening: As a Florida taxpayer, this makes me angry. Seems like CM has been more concerned with 'having fun' then giving ICA a quality defense.

I don't understand-if what we are seeing is NOT ineffective counsel, what would be? From what I have read on the legal thread, it doesn't matter if the defendant is satisfied, he/she is not expected to know what is effective or not. Could other legal professionals really say with a straight face that this defense is effective?

I recall hearing about one case where the atty of record literally slept through a significant portion of the trial, and the appeal based on ineffective counsel was denied. Of course, you could say that JB awake is less effective than most attys asleep, and I'd agree. However, he does have other attys on the team, including CM, a death-penalty qualified atty. I'm crossing my fingers that would be enough for the appeals court.

okie dokie. Just poppin' in to agree:

Casey's "accidental drowning & George defense story" NOW makes Casey-World sense. (In Casey's lies there's some little string of truthiness.)

Classic. So classic-Casey that we can finally believe it NEVER happened to Casey. Because it sort-of happened to someone else.

I only hope the jury can appreciate the rich fantasyland that is Casey-World as much as we can.

Is it clear (to those who've been able to watch the trial daily) that the jury has heard enough of all these sorts of coinkidinks in her lying (as we uncovered here @ WS) that they'd make the same connection?

Now what? Will JB also attempt to bring evidence for the George abuse?

The 2nd part of her defense story allegations (the George abuse) - IMO - could be overcome in similar fashion - "pieces of truthiness" - although the testimony (likely from Casey's former lover(s) would be unseemly).

I find it totally unbelievable that JB and his team did not go over everything about June 15th and 16th. There is no way they don't know what happened on those dates. But if that bit is true, that is the best evidence yet pointing to JB being incompetent.

Oh, I believe it, you SHOULD believe it, and the JURY WILL BELIEVE IT when the state gets through with them.

JB whined the entire discovery process that the state gave them too much stuff, he wanted it narrowed down, he wanted THEM to do his work. He wanted them to PRODUCE RECORDS FROM THE FBI, when all he had to do was CONTACT them and set up a meeting in their field office in Florida. He never wanted to do the work on this case and he is incapable of doing the work anyway. He is a shill.

I see some of that in my line of goofy work - I'd lay a bet that ICA is having some guilty teeth grinding during the night. Could account for her jawline being a wee odd looking. She is definitely different in her ongoing mugshots from the first to the last. Some of that by my vision is her rampant defiance and ego though.

I don't understand-if what we are seeing is NOT ineffective counsel, what would be? From what I have read on the legal thread, it doesn't matter if the defendant is satisfied, he/she is not expected to know what is effective or not. Could other legal professionals really say with a straight face that this defense is effective?

Some crimes there are no defense for. I am not sure anybody could do a better job of giving her a defense. The issues with Jose are being kept away from the jury.

OT but I remember seeing the botanist lady on an episode of "Forensic Files" some years ago...about a young woman found murdered on a golf course, in Jamaica or Bahamas...

Yes, and that case was about the special grass they used on the golf course.

I totally agree! I was just wondering why CM and the rest of the DT are just sitting there watching this train wreck as if they have no obligation to put on a better case!

I'm just in shock at how incompetent the DT is.....All I can say is this DT is the perfect match for ICA:great:May they all crash and burn in slow motion.[/QUOTE]

:thumb:

I'm very sure that's a yes.

THAT BITES THE BIG ONE!

just a couple of quick comments:

1. JB looks like a scolded boy today who knows his daddy is gonna give him a spanking sometime, and its gonna hurt (I know that look, imo). ICA doesn't look to happy either.

2. When ICA does the "thinker" pose, whenever the skeletal remains are pictured, she is covering up her airway, both nose and mouth. I find it interesting she covers her own airway when Caylee's at these times.

a. she is very consistent with THAT pose.

the fact that the DT will not say the time the drowning occurred will not sit well with the jury. They will get the message that, even though our client was there and this is where we got the story from, we are not going to tell you the time b/c then the SA could refute it.

ITA.

If I was sitting on the jury, I would want to know the time this alleged drowning occurred. If it can't be provided by the ONE person who should know - Casey Anthony - then it's totally bogus.

This whole "We don't know the specific time" or "It was morning, no it was afternoon, no it was morning" is absurd and completely unbelievable.

The thing that would really cause me to hesitate with respect to a do-over due to ineffective counsel is this jury and the taxpayers of the state of Florida.

ETA: Not to mention the fact that ICA has THREE attorneys.

I don't know if anyone knows this answer, but if she were to get a do-over because of her ineffective consul(that seems like such an understatement) would she then be assigned a PD? A PD with 1/2 a brain is going to have he plead out and take LWOP. No way would it be circus part 2 unless her ineffective team stayed on

Lawyers can't plead if client does not agree...I don't see Casey pleading if she gets a second chance...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member