My Search Effort - Blanchard Park - Econ/Colonial by the Post Office - Photos

Friptzap

Reaction score
I went searching this area initially just to take a few photos as some people here wanted to know what the area looked like, and to decide what I wanted to look into on an additional return. I decided to look into the woods just becasue I was there and ended up doing more searching than I initially inteded.

The police have done a very extensive search during the NG case as I have found out yesterday. There is a map in the Blanchard Park -NG thread which shows the location where NG's body was located in this park, this is an incorrect location. Her body was discovered on the east side of the canal opposite of where shown on that map close to the bench you can see in my photo's from across the canal, about 25-75 yards back in the woods.

The area I searched was the woods directly behind the post office and church. I started on the north end walked about halfway in and about 75% through it southward, as I was tired and decided to exit, I kept following what I felt was a natural progressive way through the woods and exited in a similar fashion. At that very point I exited I found some items of concern that I though may actually have been involved in Nicole G's case and reported them to the police. About 45 minutes kater a Deputy arrived. I stood with the deputy for almost an hour and a half while we waited for CSI to come and view the find. The items where things one would think a homeless person would cary/own ... Old work pants cut short, old blanket, hammer - grip was split all the way down and loose hammer's handle was loose from the grip and rusty, Brass knuckles, either a rubber "surgical" (glove ? maybe not own but maybe use to hide prints?...) type glove or a bunch of condoms all flattened out and pressed into a flat shape that appeared to be a glove all folded up, a bottle of hair spray. Also deeper in these woods I saw other items such as paper plates and a piece of copper wire sheath where the wire was removed by splitting the sheath. Homeless take the time to do this because they can get more money for it "clean."

I was thanked for reporting these items but was informed that (and this was all they could tell me about it) these items were not involved with the crime and they were only going to collect the hammer and brass knuckles (as the weapon is illegal to begin with) as meerly found property. CSI said these had nothing to do with NG's murder and there would be no DNA evidence on the other items that they could test for. They mentioned thorughly searching this area and suggested these items may have been left sometime after NG's murder. There was never any mention of cause of death or possible weapons used only that it was a brutal murder and that they thought a homeless person was invlved so I felt it was important enough to report this stuff since it appeared to have been something that a homelss person maybe owned and they were items that could have been used to cause great injury. Apparently these items did not cause the types of imjury's she sustained.

There are way to many to post/comment individually to each photo so I thought I would post them and if people wish to ask some specifics I will try to respond as well as I can to those concerns.

Background on this park:
The bridge on east colonial (highway 50) that crosses the econ as it flows south does not have a fence and something could be thrown into the waterway from here.

This areas has changed considerable from what google earth/maps shows. There is a very large church building next to the post office now.

Homeless hang out in the woods in this area, there is a camp of about 50+ in the woods just on the other side of Econ. Road I spoke with a deputy in detail on this while we waited for CSI to show up regarding the items of concern that I thought may be evidence.
http://maps.live.com/default.aspx?v...&scene=27628373&phx=0&phy=0&phscl=1&encType=1

the above link shows the location on a map.

Here are the Slideshows:
Part1

Link for those who cannot use the picture: http://s373.photobucket.com/albums/...ch Effort 1/?action=view&current=01552d10.pbw

Part2

Link for those who cannot use the picture: http://s373.photobucket.com/albums/...ch Effort 1/?action=view&current=2d1d263d.pbw

Part3

Link for those who cannot use the picture: http://s373.photobucket.com/albums/...ch Effort 1/?action=view&current=ca6a854e.pbw

The individual files are in photobucket as well if you wish to post a specific one to ask a question. If you follow the progression of the slide show this also follows my path of travel in the order that I took the pictures.

Wow, my heart would be pounding so hard if I was doing that search. Were you nervous? Thank you for doing that and posting and reporting what you found. You never know when something like an old rusty hammer and brass knuckles can mean something in another case.

Wow, my heart would be pounding so hard if I was doing that search. Were you nervous? Thank you for doing that and posting and reporting what you found. You never know when something like an old rusty hammer and brass knuckles can mean something in another case.

Not pounding but when I saw the brass knuckles I spoke out loud "wow" and was taken aback. (sp) My heart was pounding just because it was so hot, when I looked on my car dash the thermostat said it was 109 good things the woods were a tad cooler! :)

I had to wait 45 minutes just for the deputy to show up and another one and a half for CSI. Started at 2:00 searching with no lunch and nothing to drink! I didn't intend to be there so long hehe :) But it was worth the effort.

I was told by a passerby that after Caylee was reported one of the search efforts was the section of woods just north on the other side of the east west bound portion of the river. Opposite side where those large storm pipes cross over. (storm- sanitation whatever they are)

If you notice some of the bikers? a couple appear to be homeless men I base this purely on speculation of appearance and demeaner and the particular bikes they were riding and the items they were carrying. They could just be construction workers that live off the park somewhere but considering the area and the amount of homeless that live in the woods I could see them easily beeing homeless men.

Don't miss my other thread for my search efforts at Airport Lakes Park:
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=72872
On 5/15 at 11:46 am, KC sent AH this text message giving directions to where AH should meet KC to pay for having KC's car towed: "408 to Goldenrod. Right on Goldenrod. Left on Curry Ford. Right on Chickasaw. Follow Chickasaw past the middle school and the church. It will be the 3rd neighborhood on the left after the church. Chickasaw Park. The street name is Grandee."

Is that the same church you are mentioning, the same area you searched? It's so great that you can do that and get back to us. I'm going to have some lunch then check out all your photos and maps. Thanks!!

God Bless you for searching. I for one appreciate your efforts, photos, and comments.

God Bless you for searching. I for one appreciate your efforts, photos, and comments.
Yes, God Bless. I am so in awe of your work. I wish I could do what you do but I'm too far away. You are a hero to me. I am going to edit my post so that it doesn't interfere with your reports. My other questions can be addressed later. Your work is terrific!

On 5/15 at 11:46 am, KC sent AH this text message giving directions to where AH should meet KC to pay for having KC's car towed: "408 to Goldenrod. Right on Goldenrod. Left on Curry Ford. Right on Chickasaw. Follow Chickasaw past the middle school and the church. It will be the 3rd neighborhood on the left after the church. Chickasaw Park. The street name is Grandee."

Is that the same church you are mentioning, the same are you searched? It's so great that you can do that and get back to us. I'm going to have some lunch then check out all your photos and maps.

Another area: I posted a question about an area of interest to me based on the text messages. That post with a map and the full text message is on the cell ping thread, page 35. On 5/19 KC mentions an empty house that she is going to move into near the intersection of Michigan and Conway and invites AH to move in with her. Of course she was never going to rent it, but do you know if that's an area that's been searched or could you search it? The words "empty house" statement piqued my curiosity. Could a house near there be where the body is? Could that be a place (if there was one) where Caylee was being left while KC did her thing? This intersection is very close to Amscot, Sawgrass, and TL's.

AH seems chomping at the bit to see the house but KC gives excuse after excuse why she can't. On 5/20 KC said the homeowner said that 5/21 would be better to view it. KC also states that "the house is already pretty much empty" and that it had a fenced-in porch and a pool.

5/21 KC says she's got the flu so she can't go see the house. Says she's going to the doctor. 5/22 AH has a job interview and KC still "not great." 5/23 in the morning Caylee is sick and KC's taking her to the doctor. By that afternoon, AH is getting very worried since she will be homeless soon. KC says she's fighting with RM and is "not feeling up to doing anything now." Says "it's going to have to be later this weekend." AH is still worried. KC writes back, "Trust me. I'm serious. I've been to this house 4 times already."

Then subject goes cold until 5/28 when KC texts AH that she has "Good news. We have an excuse to get all your stuff out of storage. We will eventually need a pretty decent amount of stuff." So by this time KC must have come up with an excuse as to why the house on Michigan and Conway was no longer available and switched the story over to her parents' house. Later that same day, KC texts about moving her stuff into her parents' room and there will be lots of room.

Long story short, has this area of Michigan and Conway been searched and if not, could you scope it out too? It seems too coincidental that this "empty house" that KC had been to at least "4 times" is so close to Amscot and directly in line with the traveling she was doing 6/27.

I'm not intending to rain on your parade and I am going to get right into those pix right after lunch. I just wanted to shoot this out to you in case you planned to do any more searching. Thanks so much for all you've done and posted. Gotta go for a few. Hunger gets what hunger wants. Be back soon - so excited to view your links and photos.

Chickasaw is a different road. This Post office and Church are on Colonial Road and Econolatcheee.

As far as Michigan and Conway is concerned this area is surrounded by residential neighborhods. The north east corner is a sewage treatment plant behind this is an apartment complex. The North west corner is a condominium complex (old apartments really.) The South west corner is a shopping center (strip store type shopping center) behind this shopping center is Sawgrass apartments. I lived for several years in the apartment complex behind the treatment plant and in another where Michigan intersects Semoran Blvd (state road 436) so I am familiar with the area. Lake underhill is about a mile north of here on Conway. This would probably be the closest area one could find to place a body that is not as congested with housing. But none of these smaller lakes in my opinon have enough depth to the wooded areas to slip in far enough to avoid notice. And being so close to residential areas I can see children going in and out of these wooded areas often. I suspect the larger parks that are more in commercial areas and surrounding the airport more than I suspect these smalle ones. But anything is possible with Casey.

Oh ehre is a map link that shows this area you are refering to.
http://maps.live.com/default.aspx?v...0&scene=3913954&phx=0&phy=0&phscl=1&encType=1

Chickasaw is a different road. This Post office and Church are on Colonial Road and Econolatcheee.

As far as Michigan and Conway is concerned this area is surrounded by residential neighborhods. The north east corner is a sewage treatment plant behind this is an apartment complex. The North west corner is a condominium complex (old apartments really.) The South west corner is a shopping center (strip store type shopping center) behind this shopping center is Sawgrass apartments. I lived for several years in the apartment complex behind the treatment plant and in another where Michigan intersects Semoran Blvd (state road 436) so I am familiar with the area. Lake underhill is about a mile north of here on Conway. This would probably be the closest area one could find to place a body that is not as congested with housing. But none of these smaller lakes in my opinon have enough depth to the wooded areas to slip in far enough to avoid notice. And being so close to residential areas I can see children going in and out of these wooded areas often. I suspect the larger parks that are more in commercial areas and surrounding the airport more than I suspect these smalle ones. But anything is possible with Casey.

Oh ehre is a map link that shows this area you are refering to.
http://maps.live.com/default.aspx?v...0&scene=3913954&phx=0&phy=0&phscl=1&encType=1
Thank you for that information. Lake Underhill Park is one of the ones KC said was Caylee's favs IIRC. I'm going back to your info now.

Thanks so much for sharing this Frip! It makes such a difference to see this places with photographs and it gives a much better sense of what is possible/not relative to the case. :)

Thanks so much for sharing this Frip! It makes such a difference to see this places with photographs and it gives a much better sense of what is possible/not relative to the case. :)
All the pics and the map are fabulous for sure. It really gives one a sense of all the possibilities and also of the terrain of the area. So chilling to actually see all the vegetation and all the water on the map! My state has a lot of water too, but not like Florida. Plus we don't have as many critters nor the gators. So what you do is above and beyond what I could even dream of. Thanks again for your hard work. It certainly shows!

WOW ~ your slideshows are great! It helps us that don't live there to get an idea of what you searchers are up against!!

My thoughts & prayers are with all the searchers. Good luck!!

Not pounding but when I saw the brass knuckles I spoke out loud "wow" and was taken aback. (sp) My heart was pounding just because it was so hot, when I looked on my car dash the thermostat said it was 109 good things the woods were a tad cooler! :)

I had to wait 45 minutes just for the deputy to show up and another one and a half for CSI. Started at 2:00 searching with no lunch and nothing to drink! I didn't intend to be there so long hehe :) But it was worth the effort.

I was told by a passerby that after Caylee was reported one of the search efforts was the section of woods just north on the other side of the east west bound portion of the river. Opposite side where those large storm pipes cross over. (storm- sanitation whatever they are)

If you notice some of the bikers? a couple appear to be homeless men I base this purely on speculation of appearance and demeaner and the particular bikes they were riding and the items they were carrying. They could just be construction workers that live off the park somewhere but considering the area and the amount of homeless that live in the woods I could see them easily beeing homeless men.

Those "brass nucks" were interesting to me. They are not the kind you see anymore. They are the kind LE had in the 70s.

Thanks so much for your time and hard work! You help to bring this area up close and personal for us. It's people like you that make a difference.
:):clap::)

Those "brass nucks" were interesting to me. They are not the kind you see anymore. They are the kind LE had in the 70s.

Couldn't say about those. But the knuckles and the hammer were the only items the officer collected. And they were not collected as evidence in either case, meerly collected as found property.

Thanks for all you are doing! Your pictures give great insight into the areas you have been to. It just shows how much area there really is to search too!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ignoreme123
Back