IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
If police were to become aware of that post, perhaps they would contact HER? She wants to wait til she gets home - but when will that be? It could days or weeks! What will become of the girls while she sits on her duff? She talked about seeing a vehicle there, even though she doesn't know much if anything about it, but won't call in???

Is it possible she is saying all this for the attention it is bringing her? It seems to me that anyone that was really there that day would contact LE after hearing the presser instead of announcing it on Facebook and waiting to be begged.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This makes me crazy! This woman needs to call NOW! :banghead:

She says she works in Waterloo but on the comment she says she lives in Missouri. Are they even close to each other?

I wish in the police depts would include an EMAIL address as another way to contact them for tips! We could easily forward comments like this to them and let them take a look and within minutes they would have info that they can decide quickly (at least in "real time") whether they should look further.

Here is a list of email addresses. Funny I cannot find Abben. ETA: <-- because Abben is with Black Hawk County Sheriff's office. :doh:

http://evansdale.govoffice.com/index.asp?Type=B_BASIC&SEC={2A2A85A7-8C77-41AD-85BD-A28E7C2B1546}

Oops - bad link. Try this: http://evansdale.govoffice.com click on city offices, then police department and then full time officers.

Here are the two comments that this user name has posted so that those with their smart devices can actually see them. :cooler:

Attachments

• marchibben.jpg
    marchibben.jpg
    166.9 KB · Views: 355
Is it possible she is saying all this for the attention it is bringing her? It seems to me that anyone that was really there that day would contact LE after hearing the presser instead of announcing it on Facebook and waiting to be begged.

It would be stupid on her part if she was lying because all her info is available on her FB for police/public to see.

Here is a thought I had.

Grandma OK'd a bike ride at 11:30, so the girls set off for a ride around the nature trail. Perhaps they see the jetty gate open and decide to check it out. Elizabeth sets down her purse inside the fence. They then leave the area and go back and are seen on the video and by Grandma at 12:15. IMO 45 minutes is plenty time for two young girls to make that trip. When they get back Elizabeth realizes she left her purse, so this time they take a different way and are seen by the man watering his grass. They get to the place where they left it and this time set the bikes on the side. But before they are able to get the purse they are confronted by a person that either looks familiar or looks like an authority figure. The person tells them that they are in trouble for being gone for so long and need to get back immediately. Lyric being in recent trouble for being out too long complies, Elizabeth sees no reason not to believe. The person tells them to leave their bikes and someone will come along later to pick them up, because they need to go now. The person leads them through a "short-cut" via that trail through the under brush.

Now I believe that the biker saw the bikes but don't believe the time he gave. He said he made a phone call at 12:27 so that only tells us that he saw the bikes before that time. He said that he called his daughter for an unrelated reason. So assuming there was no hurry to his phone call perhaps the time that he saw the bikes to the time he made the phone call was longer apart. People are notorious for not being able to identify how long something takes to do. I cannot find the article but didn't the man state that he used the rest room before making the call? So assuming it took him 5-10 minutes to get to the rest room and 5-10 minutes to use the rest room and maybe he didn't call right away so lets give another 5-10 minutes to initiate the call. That would give 15 to 30 minutes after he saw the bikes which would make the sighting on the trail to be from 11:57am to 12:12pm.

Thank you for listening to my ramblings. Everything above is based on nothing but my thoughts based on the various times provided.

This is my first post, but I have read all the threads. I live in MN and have been on the look out for these girls.

One last question, Olli did you happen to look up or take any photos looking up the trees, could there be a tree stand, or evidence of one just being taken down near the energy drink photoed location?

I wonder that too, especially after I gave it more....careful consideration.

I checked the bookings link for black hawk sherriff, and there sure were a lot of bookings today. Does anyone else have a feeling that something happened today?

When asked about a raid, The FBI spokeswoman said she couldn't comment. She did not claim ignorance of a raid, however. So maybe there WAS some action!

Maybe it's wishful thinking, but I hope tomorrow we find out that something significant happened today.

I was not discouraged by the press conference. I like it when she says she cannot comment on direct questions. It makes me feel there is known information which they're not willing to share with the public.

It would be stupid on her part if she was lying because all her info is available on her FB for police/public to see.

People have done and said a lot worse on Facebook just for attention. It isn't illegal to lie on there even when it concerns missing children. I haven't looked at her profile though so I have no idea how on the up and up she seems otherwise.

I wanted to bring my question to the new thread and also add:

What about the area where the strange tracks were found by ollipop? It shows on the case map that there is an old road in those woods. Is it possible to tell if a car went all the way to the end of that road to the edge of the trail? It would be entirely hidden by the over hang of the trees and the woods all around. Another possibility is that a car was backed in just far enough to have the woods hide the vehicle entirely.

Could someone be at that location and have a lookout through the trees nearby of who is coming down the trail in the next few minutes?

Either DC or DM (I forget which one, but I guess it had to be DC since DM doesn't have a car) said that he backed his truck into that spot to turn around when they drove down there looking for the girls. That is the same spot, right?

Given the latest press release by the FBI - MY opinion is that there almost had to have been sightings (somehow) confirmed AFTER the biker who swerved to miss the bikes (that just haven't been released to the public) came through.

The FBI gal stated today that they want to talk to anyone who was at the lake that day up until (I believe) 3pm (as that is when LE were called/arrived at the lake). If they only had the one sighting by the biker, they would have no reason to assume the girls were there AFTER that...kwim? Did I word that correctly?

I personally believe the biker who swerved simply didn't see them. I believe they were still there (possibly out near the lake hidden by the fence/brush) when the biker came through there and given the fences (even possibly an IPOD or something in his ears)...which would prevent him from hearing the girls...simply didn't pay attention as he went through the concealed stretch of the trail. JMO

This was posted by Karenlisam I think.

I too find the phrasing that they feel strongly they are alive very promising

We had a high profile case in the UK a few years back where a little girl called Shannon Matthews went missing . She was found two weeks later - her mother had staged her disappearance and she was hiding at an uncles flat . I believe a misguided motive of reward money was the reason ie the plan was a reward would be issued and the uncle would "find " Shannon somewhere and claim the reward .

It was a truly odd case but reports into the policing of the case afterwards revealed that the police suspected from a couple of days in that Shannon was alive but did not know where she was held . I imagine they must have felt confident no harm would come to her if their suspicions were correct and the mother was involved

I'm hoping now this case might be the same ie meth habit , crazy reward money making scheme , girls disappearance staged and they are hidden somewhere ready to be "found" by someone who will then collect a reward

Link to some info on the shannon case for anyone interest
ed in the theory

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kidna...annon_Matthews

This is very similar to theory I have on this case. Thanks Karen.

Either DC or DM (I forget which one, but I guess it had to be DC since DM doesn't have a car) said that he backed his truck into that spot to turn around when they drove down there looking for the girls. That is the same spot, right?
What? Do you have a link? I didn't hear that. That is just so....I don't even know what to think of that.

She also says another family member was with her. That person should also call!:banghead:

She posted she called and that she had no info for them. Not sure i believe her.

Someone mentioned in the last thread, I think, the possibility that lyric went missing a few days before this last time, only to show up just as the police were called. I wholly agree that could've been a dry run or a botched plan, only because I remember the explanation of where lyric actually was seemed a bit vague. does anyone remember a news article covering this? I'm going to go look.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member