GUILTY NV - Tammy Meyers, 44, fatally shot at her Las Vegas home, 12 Feb 2015 - #6

Status
Not open for further replies.

bessie

Verified Insider
Reaction score
Have any of you read the comments on the media links? It speaks volumes on an acquittal - you won't find 12 jurors to convict on M1. 99% of the comments wonder what we are missing??

Have any of you read the comments on the media links? It speaks volumes on an acquittal - you won't find 12 jurors to convict on M1. 99% of the comments wonder what we are missing??

Same as with the GZ trial. Exactly the same.

Normal people see all the lies and want to know the truth of what happened before entertaining the possibility of convicting someone based largely on the testimony of known liars. The prosecution is going to have a very very difficult time convincing a jury that EN is guilty of anything. I don't think they have any possibility of convincing a jury to convict him of first degree murder.

Not doing hypotheticals--waste of time.

You keep saying that. You could not be more wrong. Definition of hypothesis from Merriam-Webster:an idea or theory that is not proven but that leads to further study or discussion

Hypotheses and discussion thereof are very enlightening and have led to many great discoveries. Hypothesis is part of the scientific method. While we are not studying science here, I think it applies just the same.

Scientific Method:
Ask a Question
◦Do Background Research
◦Construct a Hypothesis
◦Test Your Hypothesis by Doing an Experiment
◦Analyze Your Data and Draw a Conclusion
◦Communicate Your Results

Shutting down conversation and closing one's mind is a waste of time. IMO.

Normal people see all the lies and want to know the truth of what happened before entertaining the possibility of convicting someone based largely on the testimony of known liars. The prosecution is going to have a very very difficult time convincing a jury that EN is guilty of anything. I don't think they have any possibility of convincing a jury to convict him of first degree murder.

I characterize them as outright bald-faced lies intended to impede the police investigation into the shooting by covering up crucially significant elements of what happened.

yes and EN's ''economy'' of the truth with regard to the identity of the driver to LE doesn't help but we know he doesn't want to assist in his own prosecution either MOO

You keep saying that. You could not be more wrong. Definition of hypothesis from Merriam-Webster:an idea or theory that is not proven but that leads to further study or discussion

Hypotheses and discussion thereof are very enlightening and have led to many great discoveries. Hypothesis is part of the scientific method. While we are not studying science here, I think it applies just the same.

Scientific Method:
Ask a Question
◦Do Background Research
◦Construct a Hypothesis
◦Test Your Hypothesis by Doing an Experiment
◦Analyze Your Data and Draw a Conclusion
◦Communicate Your Results

Shutting down conversation and closing one's mind is a waste of time. IMO.

I'm open to new FACTS in the case, just not in story-telling.

yes and EN's ''economy'' of the truth with regard to the identity of the driver to LE doesn't help but we know he doesn't want to assist in his own prosecution either MOO

Yes, true.

It's entirely possible that the Audi driver could actually help EN's case.

It's also entirely possible that he's identified the driver to his attorneys. I don't know Nevada's discovery rules. IF EN has given the Audi driver's name to his attorneys, I don't know if or when the defense would have to give that name to the prosecution.

But it's possible at this point that the defense does know who the Audi driver is, and it's possible they've talked to him already.

Yes, true.

It's entirely possible that the Audi driver could actually help EN's case.

It's also entirely possible that he's identified the driver to his attorneys. I don't know Nevada's discovery rules. IF EN has given the Audi driver's name to his attorneys, I don't know if or when the defense would have to give that name to the prosecution.

But it's possible at this point that the defense does know who the Audi driver is, and it's possible they've talked to him already.

If his attorneys are aware of the name and whereabouts of the hunted suspect they could be disbarred if they don't give that information to the police. They would become a part of the conspiracy to protect a fugitive from justice. Even defense lawyers (no matter how seedy they may be) cant protect another wanted fugitive from prosecution by withholding that information from police.

It could result in disbarment .

If his attorneys are aware of the name and whereabouts of the hunted suspect they could be disbarred if they don't give that information to the police. They would become a part of the conspiracy to protect a fugitive from justice. Even defense lawyers (no matter how seedy they may be) cant protect another wanted fugitive from prosecution by withholding that information from police.

It could result in disbarment .

I'm not arguing here, but asking: Are you quite sure of that? As EN's defense attorneys, there's attorney-client privilege in play here, is there not?

How do you characterize the never-ending changing of stories. Surely nobody could call it "inconsistencies". Saying that BM ran out of the house with his gun and then later saying he was in the car for the shootout is far more than inconsistent. That is one example. I call it lying.

IMO too many hands are in the pot, meaning you have the media/police/RM all saying things but I'm not hearing BM or KM saying anything. I've only read their statements and to me their statements are pretty consistent. Running out of the house with a gun compared to BM took a gun from his grandmothers drawer then getting in the car says the same thing to me. BM was near the car during the shootout the 2nd time, he was also IN the car the 1st shootout. When the Meyers were be questioned by the police the very night/early morning their mom was killed, I'm sure their thinking wasn't all together. Again, I think the media reports blow things out of proportion, cut and edit etc... Yes, there may be some inconsistencies but that will be a given when you have more than one person involved. Again, I'm not saying the Meyers did every right because they didn't. They made a bad call when going out to hunt down the road rager. :)

IMO too many hands are in the pot, meaning you have the media/police/RM all saying things but I'm not hearing BM or KM saying anything. I've only read their statements and to me their statements are pretty consistent. Running out of the house with a gun compared to BM took a gun from his grandmothers drawer then getting in the car says the same thing to me. BM was near the car during the shootout the 2nd time, he was also IN the car the 1st shootout. When the Meyers were be questioned by the police the very night/early morning their mom was killed, I'm sure their thinking wasn't all together. Again, I think the media reports blow things out of proportion, cut and edit etc... Yes, there may be some inconsistencies but that will be a given when you have more than one person involved. Again, I'm not saying the Meyers did every right because they didn't. They made a bad call when going out to hunt down the road rager. :)

I agree that could have been miscommunications wrt editing and cutting but there were some glaring differences in versions involving collision ((that has since been dismissed by LE as a non-event)) and that original hyperbole is a bit too over the top for me MOO

I agree that could have been miscommunications wrt editing and cutting but there were some glaring differences in versions involving collision ((that has since been dismissed by LE as a non-event)) and that original hyperbole is a bit too over the top for me MOO

The BIG LIE is that the Meyerses originally failed to mention to police -- for DAYS! -- the fact that BM and TM had taken BM's gun and gone out hunting for the alleged road rager. For DAYS!!!!!! The original story was driving lessons/road rage/silver car followed TM & KM home and shot TM.

That's huge. And it's an outright, bald-faced lie calculated to impede the police investigation of TM's shooting. There is no hyperbole. The LIE itself was over the top.

The BIG LIE is that the Meyerses originally failed to mention to police -- for DAYS! -- the fact that BM and TM had taken BM's gun and gone out hunting for the alleged road rager. For DAYS!!!!!! The original story was driving lessons/road rage/silver car followed TM & KM home and shot TM.

That's huge. And it's an outright, bald-faced lie calculated to impede the police investigation of TM's shooting. There is no hyperbole. The LIE itself was over the top.

yep that one is .....

hyperbole was referring to the ''collision/road rage'' incident and turn's out there is some ''moulding'' missing
just a tad overblown there
and then there is the retelling of the shoot out -- absolutely that was a whopper -- we didn't get the straight goods from the getgo on that at all.....

as far as editing......don't forget who was telling the story.....we saw RM much more than we did the kids telling the story he was re-editing ......((and who knows how that all came together))

Which Meyers story do you believe???? There have been many!!!! Innocent people tell the truth. There is not a twisted maze leading to nowhere. There are a few on this board defending the M's till death do you part. I just want to know how you all explain not just inconsistencies but bald-faced huge lies. What is the reason for all this cover-up???? Sorry, just want to know.

Good morning, Bella.:)

I always try to reply to any question posed to me.

You may not like my answer but this is how I see it.

After watching cases like this unfold in the media for over 25 years now I have come to the realization that in most cases there are inconsistent statements made by family members of murdered loved one. Many of those other cases too resulted in posters call them out about it 24/7 and were absolutely convinced it proved 'something.' They put so much emphasis and weight on the statements made in the media they were convinced it showed the family member was even guilty of the crime. Of course in the end, when the real suspect was finally arrested, and the trials came to pass, the family members were victims themselves, and nothing more.

So this isn't new to me to see the Myers being bashed for the out of court statements made to the media.

I don't pay any mind to Bob Myers... who wasn't even in the state at the time this murder happened. What he has said or hasn't said is totally irrelevant to me. But I do believe that Brandon's statement lines up with ENs statement (confession) and since they both were there at the time they are the relevant parties, and will be in court once it goes to trial.

It really isn't about defending the Myers til death do you part. lol It is about supporting a murdered victim and their family when the murderer has already confessed to the shooting. It is my opinion that a gun was never flashed at all by the Ms so all of this was a total needless and senseless murder.

I am not particularly comfortable in supporting someone who has been charged with first degree murder and attempted murder especially when there is already a confession from the defendant.

But that's just me. Anyone that wants to support EN tooth and nail certainly has an entitled right to do so......or like you said 'til death you do part' or whatever.:D

In the end this case will be decided by the evidence that comes from testimony on the witness stand in a court of law.

JMO

yep that one is .....

hyperbole was referring to the ''collision/road rage'' incident and turn's out there is some ''moulding'' missing
just a tad overblown there

The collision/near-collision is, to me, yet another indication that KM's story is a fabrication. She can't ever tell that story the same way twice. But no, you're right, it's not the BIG LIE.

The BIG LIE was the original story that had driving lessons and road rage, but no trip by KM & BM with his gun, no vigilante hunt for the silver car, nothing at all about the car trip that actually resulted in the shooting in the cul de sac.

The silver car followed TM & KM home. BM came out of the house to return fire at the silver car as it sped away. There's no mistaking that for an inadvertent mix-up of details. And there's no way that was intended to do anything but keep the police from finding out what actually happened that night.

I'm not arguing here, but asking: Are you quite sure of that? As EN's defense attorneys, there's attorney-client privilege in play here, is there not?

There is, but the fugitive from justice driver is not under that rule. That only pertains to ENs actions and not the criminal actions of another suspect.

I will try to find the law on this. Defense attorneys cant hide fugitives and that is a crime.

IMO

They by their own admission knew of EN's involvement since at least 2/15, yet they didn't even tell LE that they knew EN until 2/19 after he had been arrested.

And who would be telling Bob these varying versions from? KM & BrM, IMO.

exactly.....and in the earlier threads we all discussed possible ''whys'' (cya?).....RM could be duped by his kids?? ....kids duping a parent wouldn't be the first time...MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cariboucampfire73