AZ - Isabel Mercedes Celis, 6, Tucson, 20 April 2012 - #18

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salem

Former Member
Reaction score
Please continue here.

Please remember TOS.

Please do not discuss the minor children in an accusatory nature. They are victims of this situation and should be treated as such, unless LE tells us differently.

Please remember that theories and speculation are welcome, but they must be based in reality. ALSO - if you don't happen to agree with a theory, that's fine, BUT don't be condescending or tell those who are kicking the theory around, how to post.

Please be respectful and civil to each other and the MODS - or TOs will be issued. If you have a question about moderation, what is okay to post, or TOS, PM a mod. They will help you. You may always pm me or any of the mods you are comfortable with. We will get an answer for you.

Thread #1
Thread #2
Thread #3
Thread #4
Thread #5

Thread #6
Thread #7
Thread #8
Thread #9
Thread #10
Thread #11
Thread #12
Thread #13
Thread #14
Thread #15
Thread #16
Thread #17
Thread #18
Thread #19
Thread #20
Thread #21
Thread #22
Thread #23
Thread #24

Thread #25
Thread #26

Media/Timeline Thread:
AZ - Isabel Mercedes Celis, 6, Tucson, 20 April 2012 Media & Doc Dump (No Discussion)

Scanner Threads:
Scanner Thread 1
Scanner Thread 2
Scanner Thread 3
Scanner Thread 4

REMEMBER: Anything posted in the scanner thread must stay in the scanner thread.

Find Isabel Celis Facebook Page: Find Isabel Celis
New website for Isabel Celis: http://bringisahome.com/Thread #5
:

Last edited by a moderator:
Please continue here. Do not discuss members that are not here and do not discuss moderation in the threads.

Thanks,

Salem

I would be so happy if Isabel comes home unharmed. We need to trust that LE must know what they're doing.

This has nothing to do with this case, but more to point out the hard job LE has in Arizona trying to control crime. I wondered if anyone else saw that this mother and her sons, eight sons, were busted in Chandler for runninga heroin ring that may have been supplying the prisons. I won't post a link, but it's in today's news.

I think one thing that is important to note is the language LE has chosen to use, calling this an 'abduction' as opposed to a 'kidnapping.'

Legally and technically speaking there is a slight difference between those two acts.

Does anyone know which family members were at the vigil last evening besides the two boys and mom? Just wonder what other family members are close to the Celis family.

Does anyone know which family members were at the vigil last evening besides the two boys and mom? Just wonder what other family members are close to the Celis family.

Anita went to the vigil, I would go back and get her posts but gotta run for a few - she did mention there were a few family members (they all looked aliked) May be worth looking at her posts from last night (if not I will find them when I get back :) )

I think one thing that is important to note is the language LE has chosen to use, calling this an 'abduction' as opposed to a 'kidnapping.'

Legally and technically speaking there is a slight difference between those two acts.

Is this even close to being a correct assessment?

An abductor takes a victim for his own selfish purposes and tries to maintain a low or anonymous profile. A kidnapper eventually makes his abduction known, either to the media or strictly to the immediate family of his victim. He uses his captive as a bargaining tool, whereas the typical abductor keeps his captive as secret as possible.

Madeleine74 said:

The poster would have seen the babysitter's name in many potential places, since it was discussed in MSM and that's the source for 99.99% of the cases that get discussed on WS. She had a crime happen to her and in a coincidence shared a babysitter in common. The fact that she was also a member of WS is not what solved the case. She remembered her own babysitter's name when she heard the name again, and reported it to LE.
If someone saw a potential perp's name mentioned on CNN, or FOX or on an AP Newswire, for instance, and they remembered that name and then reported it to LE, I don't think anyone would consider those outlets as "solving cases." Those outlets disseminate news.

? Two of our posters were involved and as soon as one of them called LE they were all over the suspects home and found the baby. The media was also alerted. Yes, LE knew about the suspect but they had not yet searched!

You don't know if the poster would have seen the news or not, but for sure the poster was on this case here.

I think that WS HAS been helpful, it is helpful, and I do not consider it 'the public's favorite pastime'. Just my opinion.

? Two of our posters were involved and as soon as one of them called LE they were all over the suspects home and found the baby. The media was also alerted. Yes, LE knew about the suspect but they had not yet searched!

You don't know if the poster would have seen the news or not, but for sure the poster was on this case here.

I think that WS HAS been helpful, it is helpful, and I do not consider it 'the public's favorite pastime'. Just my opinion.

Not to mention all the hard work over on the UID forums as well.

Some interesting reading on abduction vs kidnapping. Keep the source in mind (it's just ehow.com lol) but still, interesting.

http://www.ehow.com/info_8591732_difference-between-abduction-kidnapping.html

So basically someone that the family knew could have taken her, and that's why abduction is used and also may be how they spirited her away without any noise except for dogs barking.
Adding, and why the parents haven't yet been cleared.

Okie Dokie then......it's a whole new ballgame.

I have a question, hope its ok to ask here. What is MSM? Is it a different thread here?

Back to topic, I read in the news that RC said last nite, something to the effect of, 'When Isabel is home all questions will be answered.' To me that makes me think, they know what happened, and they believe Isa is alive. It also kinda sounds to me like it was a abduction from maybe a past thing or revenge thing.

So basically someone that the family knew could have taken her, and that's why abduction is used and also may be how they spirited her away without any noise except for dogs barking. Okie Dokie then......it's a whole new ballgame.

It differs by state, the article says... Lemme see if I can dig up anything about AZ specifically... Or maybe in the meantime if one of our attys can chime in if they're here? :)

I have a question, hope its ok to ask here. What is MSM? Is it a different thread here?

Back to topic, I read in the news that RC said last nite, something to the effect of, 'When Isabel is home all questions will be answered.' To me that makes me think, they know what happened, and they believe Isa is alive. It also kinda sounds to me like it was a abduction from maybe a past thing or revenge thing.

MSM just refers to "mainstream media" meaning networks or MSNBC or CNN, etc...places that are considered, at least, to be reliable sources.

I'm reading through the state laws here now, and don't see anything separate for abduction still.

http://www.azleg.state.az.us/FormatDocument.asp?inDoc=/ars/13/01304.htm&Title=13&DocType=ARS

Just for info, here is the full kidnapping section:

13-1304. Kidnapping; classification; consecutive sentence
A. A person commits kidnapping by knowingly restraining another person with the intent to:
1. Hold the victim for ransom, as a shield or hostage; or
2. Hold the victim for involuntary servitude; or
3. Inflict death, physical injury or a sexual offense on the victim, or to otherwise aid in the commission of a felony; or
4. Place the victim or a third person in reasonable apprehension of imminent physical injury to the victim or the third person; or
5. Interfere with the performance of a governmental or political function; or
6. Seize or exercise control over any airplane, train, bus, ship or other vehicle.
B. Kidnapping is a class 2 felony unless the victim is released voluntarily by the defendant without physical injury in a safe place before arrest and before accomplishing any of the further enumerated offenses in subsection A of this section in which case it is a class 4 felony. If the victim is released pursuant to an agreement with the state and without any physical injury, it is a class 3 felony. If the victim is under fifteen years of age kidnapping is a class 2 felony punishable pursuant to section 13-705. The sentence for kidnapping of a victim under fifteen years of age shall run consecutively to any other sentence imposed on the defendant and to any undischarged term of imprisonment of the defendant.

IMO, kidnapping implies seeking to extract a ransom or a demand in exchange for return of adult or child.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BeachyTee