baby bursts into flames — three times

TrackerSam

Reaction score
Doctors are confounded, but parents of a baby boy in India insist: The tyke has burst into flames for no apparent reason at least three times since birth.

The baby — cited in the Atlanta Journal-Constitution only by the name of Rahul — was born in May, and parents said that they first noticed flames suddenly appearing on his stomach and knees when he was just nine days old. And since, it’s happened a handful of other time.

Rahul is currently undergoing tests, AJC reported.

The New York Times, meanwhile, reported that the baby and his parents lived at a relative’s house during the first combustible fire experience, and it was since found that the home was located in an area that had been contaminated with phosphorous — a highly flammable material. Fire department officials confirmed the presence of the chemical in that region.

Doctors, meanwhile, are still puzzled and unsure why the baby has seemingly burst into flames, even after moving from that home. But the family has been banned from the village in the meantime, AJC reported. Villagers are afraid the baby might catch their homes on fire.

Read more: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news...ndia-babys-burst-flames-three-/#ixzz2coz6G8pk
Follow us: @washtimes on Twitter

Change a diaper - call the bomb squad.

A lot of really weird stories seem to come from India.
Believe me when I say I have zero desire to ever travel there.:dunno:

That baby needs to be in protective custody.

That poor baby. And no, I don't think he spontaneously bursts into flames.

Back in the mid-1800s the early Temperance League members used to publish pamphlets and stand outside of saloons telling those who drank alcohol that this is what would happen to them due to their drinking. That they would spontaneously combust.

I kid you not. This was promoted as a reason not to drink for many years!

On this poor child, my vote is to get the kid away from these parents and see what happens.

A lot of really weird stories seem to come from India.
Believe me when I say I have zero desire to ever travel there.:dunno:

Well, they have a billion people in a relatively small area (smaller than the continental U.S.), so it is to be expected a lot of things, weird and otherwise, will happen there.

(I'm embarrassed to say I agree about travel there. I have friends who love it, but it looks very hot and crowded to me.)

As for the baby who burst into flames, was he nursing and what was his mother eating? Some of those curries...

IMO it's a way to put the baby on display and get money.

From what has been reported, hospital did tests on the child and didn't find anything abnormal. There is nothing to explain as to why this child would supposedly just bursts into flames. Does India have anything similar to CPS?

From what has been reported, hospital did tests on the child and didn't find anything abnormal. There is nothing to explain as to why this child would supposedly just bursts into flames. Does India have anything similar to CPS?
I just read an article that said they can't investigate for child abuse unless there is a report filed by a doctor or the parents...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greer∆
Back