TN - Joann, 31, & Adrienne Bain, 14, Whiteville, 27 April 2012 - #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
An even better question is was he aware of Mayes being investigated by DHS in Tennessee for allegations that he was molesting the youngest child?

The child had to be interviewed, so how would the parents not know of these allegations?

But isn't the oldest deceased? Or am I mixed up...

The 14 year old is deceased. She is the biological child of MJ, and so is the 12 year old ,of which, GB adopted them both when he married JB.

GB has four children.

2 biological children: age 20ish, and age 8
2 adopted children: age 14 (deceased) and age 12

I'm not pointing fingers, but WHY ON EARTH would the girls' parents have let AM be around their daughters ever again after a CPS investigation???? I'd be afraid not just that he was hurting them but of losing my kids to the state if I ran afoul of them by neglecting to protect!

I have to admit I am worried about GB's judgment wrt his daughters' safety, knowing this. No way would any good dad I know allow a man who had been even vaguely creepy with his daughters come near them again, friend or not.

I am just completely outraged that this could have been prevented. Why the hell was this pedophile allowed to continue to abuse these girls? I am shaking all over I am so upset about all of this. I am glad the *advertiser censored* is dead, but WTF? Seems like everyone friggin knew and did nothing. I guess Jo Ann was trying to get away from him. Where the hell was Gary? I am sorry, but if a man's sister reported that she saw him molesting my child the sorry sob would not be allowed near any of us and would be lucky to not find himself with serious bodily injury. He wouldn't be spending the night at the house and taking my child with him on weekend excursions! There is no way that DHS didn't talk to the parents, so why was he still there? This makes me want to scream!

That seems so insane that it took this long to find them - and then it was on a tip too. But, I live in a Florida Panther breeding area, and there are quite a few of them and we never see them (Then again, those are animals who are meant to stay hidden). We are also hog hunters and sometimes it amazes me how many of them are out there because it is so damn quite in the woods! Point is, if you know how to hide - It can be done. Still surprises me he was able to do it with 2 kids in tow.

Apparently they were found in an area that had already been extensively searched. Asa a result, the FBI believes Mayes had been moving around with the girls quite a bit.

Her FB page is a great place to start. When I looked at it from a clinical viewpoint and analyzed it there are many things that show she has some major issues. The first thing, most adults don't go on a public forum, like FB, and discuss their psychiatric meds and symptoms. A support group is one thing, but, FB? That shows me she has poor boundaries, impulse issues, poor understanding of privacy or social mores and norms, etc. She also does not seem aware of the stigma or social perception of mental illness enough to try and hide it. The fact that she has tolerated AM's visits to his "daughters" and their mother over the years shows some serious issues as well. I mean, how many women do you know that would allow their husband to have sleep overs, etc at the ex's house (she believed JB and AM had those kids together)? There is some serious dysfunction going on with her on many levels. My guess, given the above is that she is disabled. There are degrees of disability, but, she is not a functional adult. Professionals need to decide her level of culpability and act accordingly. Respectfully IMOO.

What her mother and 15 minutes of fame sister said, I did not pay attention to.

BB:

- Sister graduated with special ed diploma
- Sister has bipolar
- Not making excuses, sister needs to answer for what shes done, but people need to look at whole scenario

bbm

Thank you. As a psychologist, I have wondered about her cognitive ability and intellectual functioning from the beginning. Just that alone, not even considering the bipolar/emotional part.

If the 12 yr old wasn't legally adopted, I do wonder. It could be a problem...
I know it's said the older 2 were adopted by Bain, but I never could find it specifically in MSM OR on the biological father's FB

I thought it was the youngest girl who had a different dad...maybe I am confused, but I thought the two oldest were from the first husband? And that the oldest was murdered? Please correct me if I am wrong, but I thought the two younger girls were the ones recovered, two from different dads. That is why I was worried about future living arrangements for them...

I'm not pointing fingers, but WHY ON EARTH would the girls' parents have let AM be around their daughters ever again after a CPS investigation???? I'd be afraid not just that he was hurting them but of losing my kids to the state if I ran afoul of them by neglecting to protect!

I have to admit I am worried about GB's judgment wrt his daughters' safety, knowing this. No way would any good dad I know allow a man who had been even vaguely creepy with his daughters come near them again, friend or not.
EXACTLY! I don't give GB a pass at all. I want to know why the hell he let this stuff continue, and I am beginning to wonder if he knew about it. Sounds like Jo Ann was the one that wanted to put a stop to it. I think the asthma thing was an excuse to get away from a pedo!

I think we will be learning of so much more in next few days. oy

Prayers for the 2 Bain sisters rescued today. God help them.

Bobbi Both isn't the only who who claimed he believed they were his children. And for being a weird creepy guy, he sure was allowed a lot of access to these children, allowed to take them to his home, overnight visits, summer visits. If he had no connection to this children whatsoever, why did he have so much access to them?

He had a connection. He was a family friend. As we have seen on this site repeatedly, some psychopaths are good at hiding their true natures and getting people to trust them and many parents make fatal mistakes when it comes to who they let into their children's lives.

As I suspected: http://www.wbbjtv.com/news/local/Re...igated-for-Child-Abuse-in-2010-151031895.html

In that report, deputies investigated a family member's claim that she walked into the bathroom and found Adam Mayes and then-7-year-old Kyliyah naked. He was shaving her legs. The family member also claimed Mayes kept a stash of child *advertiser censored* in his bedroom.

But, he was investigated and cleared by DCS so if the family did get wind of this, they may have believed it was just a story from a disgruntled family member.

It says he was cleared... but if someone walked in on him naked with the 7yo also naked, how was he cleared? WTF?! Did the woman who reported it admit lying? Cuz otherwise I can't understand the word "cleared."

Also, I don't care if the woman said "oh, I made it up" -- that guy would never be around my kids again. I would say, "sorry, the one thing I don't take chances with is my kids." Maybe that is exactly why they were moving. But they should have cut him out completely in the meantime. WHY oh why didn't they?!

He had a connection. He was a family friend. As we have seen on this site repeatedly, some psychopaths are good at hiding their true natures and getting people to trust them and many parents make fatal mistakes when it comes to who they let into their children's lives.

As I suspected: http://www.wbbjtv.com/news/local/Re...igated-for-Child-Abuse-in-2010-151031895.html

But, he was investigated and cleared by DCS so if the family did get wind of this, they may have believed it was just a story from a disgruntled family member.

So she just meets him in 2009, but the next year he already takes her kids on overnight visits? What would the parents think explains his interest in their young female children? And even though allegations of abuse come up, the family still allows him to hang around? I am trying to understand why that scenario is so believable.

Bobbi Both isn't the only who who claimed he believed they were his children. And for being a weird creepy guy, he sure was allowed a lot of access to these children, allowed to take them to his home, overnight visits, summer visits. If he had no connection to this children whatsoever, why did he have so much access to them?

I don't care if 3000 people made that claim. None of them are mind-readers. It's a great excuse for why he would want to spend so much time with those girls, especially locked in rooms alone with them while his wife waited outside as some of those same people state.

I thought it was the youngest girl who had a different dad...maybe I am confused, but I thought the two oldest were from the first husband? And that the oldest was murdered? Please correct me if I am wrong, but I thought the two younger girls were the ones recovered, two from different dads. That is why I was worried about future living arrangements for them...

The youngest is Gary Bain's biological daughter. The older two were from a different father who allowed Mr. Bain to adopt them.

EXACTLY! I don't give GB a pass at all. I want to know why the hell he let this stuff continue, and I am beginning to wonder if he knew about it. Sounds like Jo Ann was the one that wanted to put a stop to it. I think the asthma thing was an excuse to get away from a pedo!

I've had a feeling all along that JB died because she put her foot down for once and for all, to protect her kids. :( And I have a sick feeling that GB did not have her back...too blinded by the adoration of his younger "friend"? Something worse? I don't know, but I have a bad feeling.

Still not clear on why so many of Mayes' relatives and friends knew of Mayes assertion that he was 2 younger Bain sisters 'father', and yet no word from Bain side about it? Not much from Bain side of family since this case started.

How often was Mayes w/the Bain family??

So she just meets him in 2009, but the next year he already takes her kids on overnight visits? What would the parents think explains his interest in their young female children? And even though allegations of abuse come up, the family still allows him to hang around? I am trying to understand why that scenario is so believable.

Sadly, because it happens in this world more often than it should. The fact is, allegations of abuse DID come up. That's a fact. There was a two month investigation of Mayes and his actions with the little one.

Yet, the parents let him continue spending time with the girls.

Many people just operate with blinders on. Take Sandusky, just a big ol' kid himself, right? Allowed to take dozens of boys to his home, on overnight trips, into showers, etc.

It happens all the time. Predators are charmers and deceivers. Some parents have a hard time conceiving of the fact that a real nice guy could harm them or their children.

Sadly, because it happens in this world more often than it should. The fact is, allegations of abuse DID come up. That's a fact. There was a two month investigation of Mayes and his actions with the little one.

Yet, the parents let him continue spending time with the girls.

Many people just operate with blinders on. Take Sandusky, just a big ol' kid himself, right? Allowed to take dozens of boys to his home, on overnight trips, into showers, etc.

It happens all the time. Predators are charmers and deceivers. Some parents have a hard time conceiving of the fact that a real nice guy could harm them or their children.
I am sorry, but AM doesn't look to me either like a "real nice guy" or a charmer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
archangel78100