Melissa Huckaby, Suspect- thread #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just caught up myself mew, and I still can't wrap my mind around how/why a 28 y/o Sunday school teacher, mother to a 5 y/o girl herself, is now sitting in jail for the kidnap and murder of Sandra. I never once considered a female perp, so I don't even know where to begin with this one as far as understanding it...
Although I have not, unfortunately, ruled out it still being a sexually motivated crime, which makes it even more mind boggling to me.

Does anybody know of a case where a female was the sole perpetrator in a case of a young childs kidnapping and subsequent murder, that was sexually motivated? Just wondering if it's ever even happened before :confused:

RIP Sandra :frown:
She was tortured to death by Gertrude Baniszewski.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sylvia_Likens

Cops: MH has had mental health issues for some time. Speculating on motive: she might have snapped.

Sandra spent an unusual amount of time in Huckaby's house.

Huckaby did not allow anyone else in to play with her child, nor did she let her child play outside.
Would you mind sharing your source for these statements? I have been following this case fairly closely and have never heard these statements.

Family of Sandra Cantu will be on Geraldo later in the hour. Also less than 5% of child kidnapping/murders are committed by a woman.

[Comment From Jimmy]
Just a comment from something I was told by a family member which I haven't heard reported yet. Huckaby texted Sandras Mom after Sandra disappeared to tell her about the missing luggage, the text message was turned over to Tracy PD

~RUMOR~

If this rumor proves to be accurate, it is a cruel and indescribable torture that only MH knew to be torture at the time.

This one particular rumor, is one that I find to be absolutely stomach churning cruel. Imagine~ she has murdered Sandra, she stuffed her in a suitcase, took her out to a retention pond and dumped her~ then she texted Sandra's mother offering a tip? Letting her know that she too was a victim of crime that evening? Good Lord~ if this is true, this woman is diabolical.

Family of Sandra Cantu will be on Geraldo later in the hour. Also less than 5% of child kidnapping/murders are committed by a woman.

Detective says she was killed between 4 and 8 p.m. on the day she disappeared.

the case developments have deff. take a different course than what i expected. i am for a loss on words except for how can a mother do this to a playmate of her own child????? is her child evil and did something that she is covering for? i just don't know. either the parent is evil or the child did something that the mother is trying to cover for. i can't see sexual abuse unless the mother's child is interviewed and something come out of that.
bluestarzzz

Commisioner says there has to be a confession because they know when she was killed.

Did I miss that she was not home for four hours before her Mom missed her???? 8 o'clock???

Cops: MH has had mental health issues for some time. Speculating on motive: she might have snapped.

The cops are speculating?

She tried to claim mental illness on one of her prior offenses and was evaluated and they determined that she was fit to stand trial.

So she may have issues but imo they will not rise to the level she needs according to criminal judicial standards.

Sociopaths and even schizophrenics are sent to prison all the time.

imo

What if Sandra saw something happening at the Huckaby's house as she was skipping home and she went over to investigate/help. Maybe it involved her friend MH's daughter. I know all speculation here but the way she turns in the video and we now know that is shortly before she was killed is eerie.

The cops are speculating?

She tried to claim mental illness on one of her prior offenses and was evaluated and they determined that she was fit to stand trial.

So she may have issues but imo they will not rise to the level she needs according to criminal judicial standards.

Sociopaths and even schizophrenics are sent to prison all the time.

imo

ITA The fact that she was trying to create a story about the suitcase missing in case it was found shows that she knew what she did was wrong, therefore not legally insane.

The Sgt. also said they know where she was murdered.

I think they found the original crime scene and it was at the church.

imo

Geraldo asked the female cop if MH might have snapped and it might have been accidental...cop said it's possible.

You'll have to read the transcript.

Geraldo asked if there's a confession--they said they couldn't discuss it--but did say the child died sometime betw. 4-8 pm that day.

How else could they know this without a confession?

I was a little taken aback by how freely these cops were speaking about the case.

They should be a little more discreet. I suppose they have reason to believe MH will plead guilty and there will not be a trial.

Did I miss that she was not home for four hours before her Mom missed her???? 8 o'clock???
She was not home for four hours before reported missing to LE. I don't mind saying now I have been really stewing about this part especially since she was dead before she was ever reported missing. :mad:

I would think they looked high and low for her before calling police. They had no way of knowing that a monster had Sandra and had killed her most likely right after she was kidnapped around 4 pm. The maintenance worker for the MHP that had lived there for 15 years said that park was like a family and kids ran around playing all the time.

I think she talked Sandra into riding with her to the church and she trusted her and went with her.

imo

I don't think BB12 is online right now Tomsgirl. BB12 also has blog she writes and posts to her myspace which I also read from time to time. I haven't followed her work yet on Sandra, I've been reading here exclusively. I followed her work on Caylee and she works very hard and has a lot of good sources. Her blog can be found by her user name here (same on myspace) and it's an excellent read~ always.

She was not home for four hours before reported missing to LE. I don't mind saying now I have been really stewing about this part especially since she was dead before she was ever reported missing. :mad:

My two sons were gone for about that long this afternoon playing with friends in our subdivision. I knew where they were or at least thought I did, but when I went to check on them they weren't where they were suppose to be. I found them playing basketball at another friends house. I am so thankful something didn't happen to them.

Sandra's mom probably thought she knew where her daughter was and unfortunately something horrible happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Lee