2010.06.28 - Kyron's Dad files for divorce and restraining order

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like they updated the story last night. I think they added the amount of time set aside for the hearing or if it was on the previous story, I didn't see it. WOW..9 hours! I guess it will be more than one day then, right?

http://www.oregonlive.com/news/index.ssf/2011/01/next_court_hearing_in_pending.html

I may have to start using Twitter just for that day or days! wow, 9 hours!!!! Can it be March already?

Also, I don't think it matters who wanted the latest date, obviously both attorneys agreed to it. That is what is important. If Rackner had a serious problem with the date, she wouldn't have agreed to it. Same for Bunch (and I'm sure Houze, though he's not her divorce attorney, but if he had concerns, he would have shared them with Bunch). And it does give more time to LE, but that is a side benefit. This date wasn't agreed upon specifically to give LE more time. LE just got lucky here. So now all we can do is wait, unfortunately, and either hope something happens in March, or beforehand if LE decides to do something or Kyron is found.

Judge: Horman divorce case postponed

http://www.katu.com/news/local/113144919.html
Presiding Judge Keith Meisenheimer tells us both Kaine and Terry have agreed to continue the abatement for another three months.

Meisenheimer's retirement went into effect Dec. 31, 2010. We do not yet know what judge is taking over the case. However, we are being told Meisenheimer will be brought in as a "senior judge" for the Horman divorce case.

Judge: Horman divorce case postponed

http://www.katu.com/news/local/113144919.html
Presiding Judge Keith Meisenheimer tells us both Kaine and Terry have agreed to continue the abatement for another three months.

Meisenheimer's retirement went into effect Dec. 31, 2010. We do not yet know what judge is taking over the case. However, we are being told Meisenheimer will be brought in as a "senior judge" for the Horman divorce case.

Thanks Ladonna! I read this last night too and can't for the life of me figure out what they are talking about. Will Meisenheimer be a co-judge with the new one? Or is he going to come out of retirement just for the Horman case and preside over it by himself? Or maybe just on the sidelines to give advice? I'm so confused by yet ANOTHER poorly written article.

Thanks Ladonna! I read this last night too and can't for the life of me figure out what they are talking about. Will Meisenheimer be a co-judge with the new one? Or is he going to come out of retirement just for the Horman case and preside over it by himself? Or maybe just on the sidelines to give advice? I'm so confused by yet ANOTHER poorly written article.

In this state, a judge brought in as a "senior judge" is usually a judge in retirement who is sitting on the bench for one specific trial.

They act in every way as a regular judge except they are not taking the bench for any other trial.

Occasionally, there will be a senior judge appointed for a specific period of time or for a number of specific cases, if there's a backlog in one particular court (say, due to the prolonged illness of a judge).

They tend to get a bit more respect than regular judges because they've had so much time on the bench.

Different states vary, so the term "senior judge" may mean something quite different in Oregon.

The Hearing date now set is March 31, 2011. So that is just shy of 3 months from the postponement date.
I couldn't remember which day in March, but I see it is a month away...

I couldn't remember which day in March, but I see it is a month away...

OMG, I saw this thread lit up and thought, TELL ME it wasn't postponed AGAIN!!!!

Thankfully, it's not! It's at the end of next month, which starts tomorrow!

Hello,

I saw this morning that this thread was "bolded" so I decided to read up. I forgot that the "Divorce Hearing" is scheduled for the end of March. I hope the Divorce Hearing does NOT get postponed again ! :argue:

My opinion...

I believe that there HAS to be some sort of "connection" between Kyron missing and the divorce between KH and TH ... but I doubt if we will learn anything "new" regarding Kyron if the Hearing goes forward at the end of March. :banghead:

Kaine did not waste much time filing for divorce after Kyron went missing when LE informed him of the MFH plot. There have been "hints" that there were problems such as TH drinking ... and we recently heard Desiree speak about Terrie's e-mails --blaming Kyron for problems ...

I wonder: would Kaine have filed for divorce if he thought Terrie was innocent ? Obviously, her own husband believes she IS involved otherwise, I think he would have supported her, since they have a young child together.

:dervish: TH IS guilty of something involving Kyron, whether it be "kidnapping" Kyron from his school, "handing him off", or she "got rid of him" ...

I just do not think we will be told any "news" about the divorce hearing, even if it pertains to Kyron...

But I do wish I could be a "fly on the wall" during the court testimony !

May you be found soon, Kyron.

Many Prayers for Kyron, Desiree, Tony, Kaine and Family...

Hope

If TH ends up not fighting anything, then we won't learn anything anyway, except that if she does not even fight about money, she will look even more guilty than she does now.

I never believed we would learn anything about Kyron with the divorce; in my opinion, there is nothing that would get TH on any kind of witness stand, ever, without taking the 5th for every question.

If TH ends up not fighting anything, then we won't learn anything anyway, except that if she does not even fight about money, she will look even more guilty than she does now.

I never believed we would learn anything about Kyron with the divorce; in my opinion, there is nothing that would get TH on any kind of witness stand, ever, without taking the 5th for every question.

That's my thought. If the divorce proceedings go as planned in March, will TH have to say anything? Will she fight for her baby daughter? Will she ask for alimony? Or....will she just sign the papers and walk away?

If she does sign and walk, does that show more guilt than innocence? Is it relevant at all?

Thanks!

Mel

That's my thought. If the divorce proceedings go as planned in March, will TH have to say anything? Will she fight for her baby daughter? Will she ask for alimony? Or....will she just sign the papers and walk away?

If she does sign and walk, does that show more guilt than innocence? Is it relevant at all?

Thanks!

Mel

I don't think her attorneys will let her speak at all and will try to protest a divorce until she is either convicted or cleared in the criminal case. I think this is really a tough one for any judge; if he allows the divorce, without TH speaking at all or getting anything from Kaine, and she is later shown to be innocent based on someone else being charged and convicted, would she have any legal avenues to go back and try for a settlement? I can see a judge saying "well, you did not speak when you had the chance" but also could see the issue of being protected by 5th amendment. What a mess.

I don't think her attorneys will let her speak at all and will try to protest a divorce until she is either convicted or cleared in the criminal case. I think this is really a tough one for any judge; if he allows the divorce, without TH speaking at all or getting anything from Kaine, and she is later shown to be innocent based on someone else being charged and convicted, would she have any legal avenues to go back and try for a settlement? I can see a judge saying "well, you did not speak when you had the chance" but also could see the issue of being protected by 5th amendment. What a mess.

:silenced:

I agree that her attorneys will NOT let TH speak at the divorce hearing.

If Kyron IS FOUND ... then Terrie will either be convicted or cleared.

If Kyron IS NOT FOUND ... Terrie will always have a cloud of suspicion hanging over her head -- either Guilty or Innocent -- depending on what a person believes.

Terrie's SILENCE speaks volumes to me.

:silenced:

Wasn't the divorce hearing supposed to resume this month some time?

Whew! Every time I see this post bumped up, I'm terrified it got postponed again! LOL

I hope the divorce is finalized soon, something needs to be completed in this case. I have zero expectations that TH will open her mouth at all, or that anything concerning Kyron will be learned. But it needs to be over, so that the criminal aspects of this case are the only focus.

I hope the divorce is finalized soon, something needs to be completed in this case. I have zero expectations that TH will open her mouth at all, or that anything concerning Kyron will be learned. But it needs to be over, so that the criminal aspects of this case are the only focus.

I imagine Kaine feels the same way....x million.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member