GUILTY MO - Britny Haarup, 19, & Ashley Key, 22, Edgerton, 13 July 2012

If he "tried to have sex" with her, to me that means he DID rape her and didn't "finish". JMO

If either woman had been raped, I imagine he would have been charged with that. The charges so far are for the two murders.

That's not to say extra charges won't be filed later.

Ok, I joined this forum just because I desperately wanted to comment on this case. I am from Edgerton. I know the parties involved in this so I can answer a few of the questions you all have asked and clear up a few things to the best of my knowledge.

How did Cliff Miller know the girls? They (at least Britny) used to live next to him in Trimble. The towns of Edgerton & Trimble, and all of the surrounding small communities are VERY small and VERY close knit. Edgerton has a pop. of 500 people and Trimble is even smaller. Everyone knows everyone. It is typical small town America. So... even if my facts are wrong and they didn't live next door to each other before Britny moved to Edgerton it doesn't matter because everyone knows everyone.

Here is my question... Trimble is 8 miles from Edgerton. Cliff could have walked to Edgerton but it's unlikely in my opinion knowing the area. So, how did he get to the girls' house? He left in the white truck and there has been no mention of his mode of transport to get there in the first place. The rumors have been flying (like they do in small towns) that there was someone else involved (maybe 2 people) and Cliff, though he was involved, is possibly covering up for someone. A person he was (possibly???) covering up for has the initials BT. Though nothing has come out in the media I have heard from several people in Edgerton that someone else has been arrested. If you look at the Platte Co. jail inmate list as of this evening there is a person with those initials BT who was booked today. ***I know the person's name, just trying to protect privacy since I don't have any proof at all.

That has been my questions? How did he get there if he drove away in the truck? Who was the person who reported that they saw Britny & Ashley in the truck that morning. I am/was friends with Britny and am unable to sleep thinking about how he got there if he drove away in the truck when he said he drove there? How did he manage two cars - their must have been at least one other person involved in these brutal murders. RIP. I'm so sad and angry.

That has been my questions? How did he get there if he drove away in the truck? Who was the person who reported that they saw Britny & Ashley in the truck that morning. I am/was friends with Britny and am unable to sleep thinking about how he got there if he drove away in the truck when he said he drove there? How did he manage two cars - their must have been at least one other person involved in these brutal murders. RIP. I'm so sad and angry.

I am sad and angry as well. This is a tragedy all the way around no matter what else happens in this case. It is so hard to believe that something like this could have happened in my small home town. The car thing has been bothering me all day and I just can't figure out why no one is talking about it.

thanks for joining this thread, prayforthefamilies & kcmom. I'm so sorry this awful thing happened to your acquaintances......but am so glad to have your perspective.

I have to admit that I've mainly been following this case sporadically and hadn't realized that he must have had a ride to Britny's house.....there must be more to come.

What an awful thing to happen....

So Britny, her fiance and girls lived next to the perp in the apts just a few weeks ago till they moved to the house. He lived with his mother there, but was arrested at the apt of his xgf (mother of his child) in Parkville. Maybe he was obsessed with Brit?....and I'm sure the drugs didn't help his rational thinking. She may have been friendly and he took it the wrong way. Bet he knew from their conversations exactly where she was moving. This could possibly have been prevented if they just would have locked the doors. Ugh.

How did he get there to their house? Dropped off? Hitchhiked?

:rose: :rose:

I simply assumed that he had been in Edgerton on a drug binge and decided to walk to the girls' house.

Ok, I joined this forum just because I desperately wanted to comment on this case. I am from Edgerton. I know the parties involved in this so I can answer a few of the questions you all have asked and clear up a few things to the best of my knowledge.

How did Cliff Miller know the girls? They (at least Britny) used to live next to him in Trimble. The towns of Edgerton & Trimble, and all of the surrounding small communities are VERY small and VERY close knit. Edgerton has a pop. of 500 people and Trimble is even smaller. Everyone knows everyone. It is typical small town America. So... even if my facts are wrong and they didn't live next door to each other before Britny moved to Edgerton it doesn't matter because everyone knows everyone.

Here is my question... Trimble is 8 miles from Edgerton. Cliff could have walked to Edgerton but it's unlikely in my opinion knowing the area. So, how did he get to the girls' house? He left in the white truck and there has been no mention of his mode of transport to get there in the first place. The rumors have been flying (like they do in small towns) that there was someone else involved (maybe 2 people) and Cliff, though he was involved, is possibly covering up for someone. A person he was (possibly???) covering up for has the initials BT. Though nothing has come out in the media I have heard from several people in Edgerton that someone else has been arrested. If you look at the Platte Co. jail inmate list as of this evening there is a person with those initials BT who was booked today. ***I know the person's name, just trying to protect privacy since I don't have any proof at all.

is it #2032 here http://plattesheriff.org/detention/detention-population

Parkville to Edgerton, as those who know KCMO know, is a distance. Even if he walked to 29/71 and got to Platte City, he still had quite a distance to get in to Edgerton from Platte City. He must have gotten a ride? Was he already there, visiting someone? This case is so sad, those poor babies without their mothers.

I simply assumed that he had been in Edgerton on a drug binge and decided to walk to the girls' house.

That is definitely possible. He has a lot of friends in Edgerton. It is just strange to me that no one has talked about how he got there in the first place. If he was already there that would be a prime media story. You know the media would be interviewing the people he had stayed the night with.

I am also a local and have heard some of these rumors. Even if he was partying at a house in Edgerton, I would think he would have had to get a ride from where the truck was left. Unless he just walked back to someone's house that he knew. I guess the four-five mile walk is completely possible but I'd think someone would have noticed that.

Thank you for sharing a local perspective KCMom and:welcome:
Miller's story hasn't made sense to me from day one. Besides the issue of transportation, I question what he says about killing Ashley, then going into the bedroom and killing Britny.

I just don't see a confrontation as to why he was in their home, then a struggle and him beating Ashley until she was still (likely unconscious), as being quiet. Britny slept through all of that? I guess it's possible, but I really think there were two perps in that house. Forensics are going to tell the true story in this case. I hope both of the girls have DNA under their fingernails.

Thank you for the welcome, Knox. I agree 100% with what you are saying. That has been my question all along. How did he get where he was going by himself and how did he accomplish everything he is stating without waking anyone in the house up? He is also the type of person that would cover for a friend. I know it is strange to say that, in light of the circumstances, but even though this horrific crime was committed, I still believe he would cover it up if a good friend of his was also involved and take the full fall. I have noticed there hasn't been any local media coverage of it today either. Wonder if a new story is going to break tomorrow?

KCMom, do you know if BT is from Edgerton or Trimble? Did you say he is a friend of Miller's?

KCMom, do you know if BT is from Edgerton or Trimble? Did you say he is a friend of Miller's?

That I do not know. I do not know BT and the friends I have asked do not know him either but his name came up in several conversations before I checked it out on the Platte Co inmate list. Also, I have heard from several other people very close to this that there definitely was someone else involved even though they didn't say who. It is possible that he lives Trimble or is new to Edgerton but I honestly have no idea. None of my facebook friends are friends with anyone who has that name but it is of course possible that he doesn't have a facebook. Like I said, everyone up there knows everyone so the fact that no one seems to know him makes me think he doesn't live there. He definitely did not grow up in Edgerton if he is around the same age as Cliff or I would know him. That's why I didn't post his name or anything... it could just be rumors and a coincidence. I don't want to be spreading rumors on the net if this guy has nothing to do with this.

That I do not know. I do not know BT and the friends I have asked do not know him either but his name came up in several conversations before I checked it out on the Platte Co inmate list. Also, I have heard from several other people very close to this that there definitely was someone else involved even though they didn't say who. It is possible that he lives Trimble or is new to Edgerton but I honestly have no idea. None of my facebook friends are friends with anyone who has that name but it is of course possible that he doesn't have a facebook. Like I said, everyone up there knows everyone so the fact that no one seems to know him makes me think he doesn't live there. He definitely did not grow up in Edgerton if he is around the same age as Cliff or I would know him. That's why I didn't post his name or anything... it could just be rumors and a coincidence. I don't want to be spreading rumors on the net if this guy has nothing to do with this.

Certainly not, that would be against TOS.

Interesting to note though; there is no record of his current arrest on the court website. He does have prior cases. One with an addy in KC, couple of others in Riverside which are the most recent (2011). DOB is 1983.

That is definitely possible. He has a lot of friends in Edgerton. It is just strange to me that no one has talked about how he got there in the first place. If he was already there that would be a prime media story. You know the media would be interviewing the people he had stayed the night with.

Like I said, it was totally an assumption on my part and we all know what is said about those....haha.

I'm not so sure that people in the drug culture would be quick to give interviews to the media, especially if the people he stayed with were doing meth with him.

I'm glad you're here KCMom, as well as the other locals!! :)

Thank you for the welcome, Knox. I agree 100% with what you are saying. That has been my question all along. How did he get where he was going by himself and how did he accomplish everything he is stating without waking anyone in the house up? He is also the type of person that would cover for a friend. I know it is strange to say that, in light of the circumstances, but even though this horrific crime was committed, I still believe he would cover it up if a good friend of his was also involved and take the full fall. I have noticed there hasn't been any local media coverage of it today either. Wonder if a new story is going to break tomorrow?

I've also noticed that there has been almost zero mention of it on local news today. I found that VERY strange.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
soababiotiling
Back